Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I know! :lol:

There's not much I could have done to stop it either. 9 point Garnacho on the bench and that's it really. Could have drafted in Son for a -4 I suppose, his haul was damaging.

31 with 3 double GW players to go.
Just realised, apart from Son, my next highest scorer was Neto on a massive 3 point haul :lol:

noelyman

3 unplayed subs this week Evans, Palmer and Porro scored 26 points but none of them count :confused: I only scored 35 points with my whole team. Why do the FPL gods mock me so?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Just realised, apart from Son, my next highest scorer was Neto on a massive 3 point haul :lol:
I fared better since I have Son and Palmer - but I dumped Garnacho & KdB so I'm barely up from the WC

And having Madison & Udogie on the bench hurts

Still have 5 to play though and a much better situation for this weekend at least

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Annoying thing is Palmer was in most of my wc drafts but only took him out so I could play bloody Ross Barkley this week and next.

Straight back in 30 and keep for the season barring injury.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Still on green but the chuckle forwards need to both do something and wipe the Doughty CS for good measure.

ROFLUTION

Defence is a weakpoint of mine

So who’s the best defenders to target until gw34? (Dead ending my team in gw34). Any good rotation pairs?

Rightnr

I'm hoping for a 0-0 as a Solanke capper.
Why? Because of the Solanke TC jeopardy?

Defence is a weakpoint of mine

So who’s the best defenders to target until gw34? (Dead ending my team in gw34). Any good rotation pairs?
I had Porro for the longest before GW26 and he was good. With Maddison back, his set piece involvement is greatly reduced and Spuds' traditional attackers have taken over on the other side of the pitch.

Therefore, I think Udogie is a good shout as a mid-price defender who will get you CSs but seems more likely to score/bomb into the box.

Spurs' toughest fixture (on paper in FPL) until 34 is Newcastle away and they've been crap in defence recently, so it might turn out to be another Villa, especially with Spurs being on the verge of CL football at that point.

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Why? Because of the Solanke TC jeopardy?

I had Porro for the longest before GW26 and he was good. With Maddison back, his set piece involvement is greatly reduced and Spuds' traditional attackers have taken over on the other side of the pitch.

Therefore, I think Udogie is a good shout as a mid-price defender who will get you CSs but seems more likely to score/bomb into the box.

Spurs' toughest fixture (on paper in FPL) until 34 is Newcastle away and they've been crap in defence recently, so it might turn out to be another Villa, especially with Spurs being on the verge of CL football at that point.
Yeah Udogie could be a decent shout. Is he more advanced now with Maddison back?

RedDevil@84

but only took him out so I could play bloody Ross Barkley this week and next.
I posted about it before. It is one thing to hold on to Barkley if you have and another to bring him in over a performing player. Else Barkley is usually a 2 pt player.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Who we looking at capping in GW29 anyway? On Son at the moment. Watkins will probably score against West Ham as well mind. So yeah Son captain and Watkins vice at mo.

Toney looks out of sorts even though I'll probably bring him in over Muniz. Anyone punting on Muniz over Toney? Difficult to pin down who will start up front for Forest as well.

Rightnr

He's like 190 EO for me, barely any gain to be had. I'd rather take the Luton defender CS.
I see. My two main rivals either miss him or don't have him as captain, so it makes a difference there for me.

Morris points would definitely be the big differential since few have him and Haaland didn't do much.

Who we looking at capping in GW29 anyway? On Son at the moment. Watkins will probably score against West Ham as well mind. So yeah Son captain and Watkins vice at mo.

Toney looks out of sorts even though I'll probably bring him in over Muniz. Anyone punting on Muniz over Toney? Difficult to pin down who will start up front for Forest as well.
I've started the GW29 FH and for me, it's hard to start Muniz ahead of a 5th midfielder, even with a small GW like this.

Son captain is also going to be the Haaland choice for this week, so if he hauls, it'll be tough to pull back.

vic090482

my FH team draft for gw 29.

Flekken (Leno)
Porro Roerslev Doughty (Robinson Pau)
Son (C) Madison Douglas Luiz Bowen Paqueta
Watkins (V) Toney (Morris)... really not sure about the subs and uncomfortable going in with two West Ham mids. Still undecided if I should go for Wissa or Toney. Probably bench Paqueta and start Morris? Any suggestions lads?

suheilsworld

How about a punt on Morris at home against NFO. Might be an open game. Currently on him and will see how it goes closer to the deadline

Moby

Dick
my FH team draft for gw 29.

Flekken (Leno)
Porro Roerslev Doughty (Robinson Pau)
Son (C) Madison Douglas Luiz Bowen Paqueta
Watkins (V) Toney (Morris)... really not sure about the subs and uncomfortable going in with two West Ham mids. Still undecided if I should go for Wissa or Toney. Probably bench Paqueta and start Morris? Any suggestions lads?
Similar to mine but with Wissa over Luiz. Villa midfield looks decimated so don't want a DM and they are away from home. Double West Ham is same as mine. Defense is whatever. Just start one of Flekken and Roerslev and get a Spurs/Villa def and Doughty probably.

Pickle85

Any pros able to offer advice please?! I'm wondering about FH or not. I can put out seven for this week with no hit - worth it for a full 11, or should I save for a DGW later on? I still have wildcard, BB and FH left to play.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Any pros able to offer advice please?! I'm wondering about FH or not. I can put out seven for this week with no hit - worth it for a full 11, or should I save for a DGW later on? I still have wildcard, BB and FH left to play.
What I’ve generally found is that trying to save all your chips until the end isn’t always the wisest/most rewarding thing to do. You still have your wildcard as well. That being said, it’s not an amazing GW coming up, so 7-8 players (if you take a -4) ain’t a bad shout - assuming you have Son in plus maybe one or two more decent names. I certainly don’t think a FH is worth getting an extra 3 players in. I’m playing my FH because I can only field around 5 players without taking a hit.

Pickle85

What I’ve generally found is that trying to save all your chips until the end isn’t always the wisest/most rewarding thing to do. You still have your wildcard as well. That being said, it’s not an amazing GW coming up, so 7-8 players (if you take a -4) ain’t a bad shout - assuming you have Son in plus maybe one or two more decent names. I certainly don’t think a FH is worth getting an extra 3 players in. I’m playing my FH because I can only field around 5 players without taking a hit.
Thanks mate...this is what I'm thinking. Probably going to WC after this week and then navigate the remainder using FH and BB. I'm hopeless at planning.

RedDevil@84

Flekken
Doughty Porro
Son (C) Barkley
Morris Watkins (V)

Not playing: Dubravka, Saliba, Branthwaite, Ake

I want to take a hit and get 2 players in, if it is worth it. Probably one midfielder and one striker or 2 midfielders.

Planning to WC GW31.

Below are the players I would need to change. The price difference to get them back is shown as well.
Any suggestions?

Foden (0.3), Saka (0.1), Solanke (0.3), Palmer (0.2)

Foden and Saka to Bowen and Maddison. I can live without them till GW31 WC is what I think.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
There’s a couple of good weeks to potentially play chips. Maybe BB this week (7 is ok though depends WHICH 7), maybe not.

Chipper

Adulterer.
What other divisions have fantasy competitions? Thinking about next season already!

I'm aware there's a Champions League one which I don't fancy, and I think I've found one for the Championship called Gaffr. Does that still run?

Anything for La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga?

Just found an MLS one after thinking their season normally starts around this time of year but I'm 3 weeks too late and having just looked up the rules you have to be from the US or Canada to be eligible for prizes. Not that I'd have won! Kind of makes me feel unwelcome though. :lol:

Edit: Been doing more research.

La Liga - I think there's one but the rules might be weird. Would need to look into it further.

Serie A - Nothing official at first glance.

Bundesliga - There's an official one, might be worth a look.

Scottish Premiership - Yes, and might be fun for me. I don't follow the league much but it's close to home I suppose. Plenty of TV/media coverage of the division and the game could get me into it. £5k prize to the winner

Last edited:

Rightnr

Solanke loading another shocker for his FPL 'fans'.

Pickle85

There’s a couple of good weeks to potentially play chips. Maybe BB this week (7 is ok though depends WHICH 7), maybe not.

Thanks buddy, much obliged. Gonna end up leaving decisions until the last minute, more because I'm indecisive than waiting on last minute intel!