Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For an ugly amount of time, I thought the absolute worst case scenario, of United losing in real life, and me losing my fantasy footy cup because the bastad had Diaz might happen!
At least we held on, although Palmer's assist and Salah's goal, guiltily get me through.

Hopefully a few get spanked this week with Salah and Saka scoring.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I had benched Gusto, but hope he's back in asap. Need him for the BB and doubles.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
For an ugly amount of time, I thought the absolute worst case scenario, of United losing in real life, and me losing my fantasy footy cup because the bastad had Diaz might happen!
At least we held on, although Palmer's assist and Salah's goal, guiltily get me through.

Hopefully a few get spanked this week with Salah and Saka scoring.
No idea how that cheating xxxxxx wasn’t booked… possibly more for a culmination.

Wycombe :( . Unlucky.

Sir Marcus

What do you guys prefer:

Darwin + Sarabia, Rice or Bereton

vs

Mateta/Cunha + Havertz or Odergaard

For the double game week? To replace Watkins and Chong.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
60 feckin points with Reguillon and Morris painfully on the bench. Mini League slipping away. Rage transferred Maddison out for Foden last night just to get that sweet dopamine hit. Don't even care if he plays or not.

Bus team for 33

Areola/Neto
Reguillon Gabriel Gusto
Palmer Saka Salah Foden Son
Haaland Toney

Udogie, Morris, Zab

Need a huge FH in 34 to turn this around and then got to hope he messes up his wildcard in 35. Binning Toney for Isak in 35 is going to be equally cathartic.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I was set to make up the 10 points deficit on my 2nd place chaser but Porro really messed it up.

I have 2 FTs but the plan is to go Ars 2nd defence although Donkay's recent form is really making me think...

Also, Diaz and Darwin cannot hit a barn door, so not sure who to get from the scousers. Might roll a transfer and see if Jota is properly back for the DGW.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I was set to make up the 10 points deficit on my 2nd place chaser but Porro really messed it up.

I have 2 FTs but the plan is to go Ars 2nd defence although Donkay's recent form is really making me think...

Also, Diaz and Darwin cannot hit a barn door, so not sure who to get from the scousers. Might roll a transfer and see if Jota is properly back for the DGW.
Darwin has a goal and an assist in his last two games. I know it isn't always pretty (understatement) but he often delivers and is the most surefire bet apart from Salah imo. Even if Jota is back for the DGW, would you trust him to start over Luis Diaz who's been in fine form recently, let alone for both games? Too risky for me, going with Salah and Nunez for the DGW, and Saka/Gabriel/??? from Arsenal.

saik

Think this was the first game week this season where 10 of the players had returns for me. Even though half of them all had 5 points each I'm not complaining. :lol:

Rightnr

Darwin has a goal and an assist in his last two games. I know it isn't always pretty (understatement) but he often delivers and is the most surefire bet apart from Salah imo. Even if Jota is back for the DGW, would you trust him to start over Luis Diaz who's been in fine form recently, let alone for both games? Too risky for me, going with Salah and Nunez for the DGW, and Saka/Gabriel/??? from Arsenal.
Problem for me is I can easily swap a midfielder to get money for a Liverpool forward but Darwin is harder, as it'll need to be for Muniz and the budget is just not there.

I also personally have Saliba but that's only because I've had him literally all season and I'd lose 0.4m squad value if I just sold and bought again.

I'll probably go Diaz for Son because Newcastle have a double coming up as well and straight swap back to Son for the GW35 double.

suheilsworld

72 and a surprising good luck with Ait Noiri and Morris coming on for Gusto and Foden. Has helped me increase my lead at the top from 12 to 34 points

troylocker

Will go Saka to Son (prepare for 35 double) this week.
Teem for 33 looks like this:

Petrovic (Onana)
Gabriel, Van Hecke, Bradley (Burn, Udogie)
Salah, Foden, Son, Palmer (Garnacho)
Haaland(C), Isak, Jackson

1,4M ITB

Freehit next week.

Thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Will go Saka to Son (prepare for 35 double) this week.
Teem for 33 looks like this:

Petrovic (Onana)
Gabriel, Van Hecke, Bradley (Burn, Udogie)
Salah, Foden, Son, Palmer (Garnacho)
Haaland(C), Isak, Jackson

1,4M ITB

Freehit next week.

Thoughts?
Looks fine. What are you thinking for FH in 34? I've got the "boring" draft...

Pickford
Gabriel VVD Andersen
Salah Saka Odegaard Diaz Eze
Solanke Cunha

And the more "fun" one...

Pickford
White Ait Nouri Munoz
Salah Saka Havertz Diaz Eze
Mateta Darwin

Probably end up with a mix of both. Be great if a couple of the highly owned players picked up a knock in the week before though.

troylocker

Looks fine. What are you thinking for FH in 34? I've got the "boring" draft...

Pickford
Gabriel VVD Andersen
Salah Saka Odegaard Diaz Eze
Solanke Cunha

And the more "fun" one...

Pickford
White Ait Nouri Munoz
Salah Saka Havertz Diaz Eze
Mateta Darwin

Probably end up with a mix of both. Be great if a couple of the highly owned players picked up a knock in the week before though.
Draft right now:
Henderson (Pickford)
Gabriel, White, Ait Nouri (Mykolenko, Bogle)
Salah(C), Saka, Diaz, Eze (Olise)
Darwin, Cunha, Solanke

Chipper

Adulterer.
Looks like I'm binning off Douglas Luiz, suspended for 2 matches.

Was mostly on the bench for me lately anyway. Looking at players with a double in 34. Budget of £9.9m if it's my only change. Diaz or a Wolves player basically, already on triple Arsenal.

Mind you, not happy with my forward line of Solanke, Toney, Darwin either. Guess I keep Darwin for his double and Solanke is fine, he also doubles in 34. Toney is the one who really might go.

Also considering binning Akanji at the back after bringing him in last week only to be immediately dropped by Pep.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
feck it. Douglas Luiz > Diaz.

Toney in last chance saloon. If he's benched again or blanks he's gone. Nice fixtures but they don't get you points without actually playing or scoring. Plenty of options from Semenyo at one end of the market with his double to the likes of Isak, Watkins and Alvarez.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
feck it. Douglas Luiz > Diaz.

Toney in last chance saloon. If he's benched again or blanks he's gone. Nice fixtures but they don't get you points without actually playing or scoring. Plenty of options from Semenyo at one end of the market with his double to the likes of Isak, Watkins and Alvarez.
Yeah Isak in 35 is a no brainer with his fixtures and then a double. Just have to hope he doesn't get injured again.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Who's the better defensive enabler for the run in out of Maguire or Van Hecke? The latter is slightly cheaper and nailed. Is Hazza locked in for the season now?

Considering one of them and Jao Pedro in for Zabba and Morris. Was gonna take hits for 37 anyway but might do it this weekend if Foden/Haaland/Saka all look like they might have minutes managed.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
With Foden limping, and KdB rested, i guess we can expect KdB to start vs Luton this weekend?

Rightnr

KdB might be a great differential if you have budget and are struggling to use your FT. Neither are true in my case. If it was next week, I'd be tempted for Som but Spuds are playing the Titanic of PL defences in Newcastle, so not worth it for this GW.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
My OR rank is 185,389 and my gameweek one rank is 185,290 which means 99 people started after the first week and are still ahead of me. Shameful.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Guaranteed bench this weekend.
With Foden limping, and KdB rested, i guess we can expect KdB to start vs Luton this weekend?
He wasn't rested, he was ill apparently. Throwing up before the game so there's always a risk he's still ill at the weekend but yeah on balance you'd think Foden would get another benching. Alvarez, Doku and Bobb are all good bets to start so we might well see the same team as against Palace with 1/2 changes (Doku in for Grealish?).

I don't feel too bad about bringing him in as I'd have to get him for 35 onwards anyway but yeah I might take a couple of hits this week towards a better BB in 37. Like I said Jao Pedro in for Morris looks decent and I'll need to free up £0.2m somewhere by downgrading Zabba as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do we think Haaland would be rested? Luton home screams for a lot of rotations.

Have him captain at the moment but as always with Pep a slight risk.

Bristol_Red_87

Do we think Haaland would be rested? Luton home screams for a lot of rotations.

Have him captain at the moment but as always with Pep a slight risk.
I think Haaland needs rhythm.

You'd think (with all due respect) Luton at home would be a good opportunity to haul and go into Madrid full of confidence.

But this is Pep, so thinking is futile!

Bristol_Red_87

Gordon for Bowen or Isak for Darwin or Solanke?

Maddison off the bench if plan B. FH to cover Solankes double.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Thinking of captaining KdB for a differential. But worried about haaland finally having a field day against luton. Also, pep could rest both. decisions decisions.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Rob Edwards said Burke and Mengi have doubts so that's basically ZERO centre backs fit and Kabore can't play because City are the parent club. No other injured players are back.

Injury list for defenders:
Lockyer
Osho
Bell
Burke
Potts
Andersen
Mengi

That means the only fit defenders are Doughty (who's carrying a knock) and Hashioka who has only played a handful of games.

City are gonna thump us and if Haaland even gets 20 minutes, he can get a hat trick.