Fantasy tournament: World Cup 2014

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sorry mate, crappy got there first. Not that I'll be much help, as I will hopefully be playing WW for the whole of next week.

Some very different angles in the picks so far, certainly different takes on the relevance of "2013-14 form". Will be interesting to see how it shapes up. When are the games actually going to take place?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No worry, mate. Meant on you 100% take over my place. But I understand your difficulties.

Polaroid

Some very different angles in the picks so far, certainly different takes on the relevance of "2013-14 form". Will be interesting to see how it shapes up. When are the games actually going to take place?
Games will take place in late May after the CL final but before the WC

Tentative fixture list
QF1 - 25 May
QF2 - 26 May
QF3 - 27 May
QF4 - 28 May
SF1 Winner QF 1 vs Winner QF2 - 29 May
SF2 Winner QF 3 vs Winner QF4 - 30 May
Final - 1 June

antohan

No worry, mate. Meant on you 100% take over my place. But I understand your difficulties.
Oh... Well, that would have been grand if I hadn't sent him 3-4 messages laying out who to go for by country, position and in what order I'd go for them :lol:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Aye it is, we should wait a bit longer though because its the first round.

Also remember that you can always PM if you're going offline for the day or you're out at night etc. Just PM it to someone who picks after you (so Cal could have PMd me for example) and then theres no worry about missind the deadline

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Games will take place in late May after the CL final but before the WC

Tentative fixture list
QF1 - 25 May
QF2 - 26 May
QF3 - 27 May
QF4 - 28 May
SF1 Winner QF 1 vs Winner QF2 - 29 May
SF2 Winner QF 3 vs Winner QF4 - 30 May
Final - 1 June

Why the delay, I thought we were doing an all time WC one around that time?

It does make it very interesting though, you're gonna have to try and predict which players will have a strong end to the season.

antohan

You should, being at the end of the line shouldn't count against him. Basically you get eight hours to exercise your pick. He has used up his eight hours and now the eight hours for his second pick are running, you are not rightfully on yet. It's the only fair way if you think about it, particularly when his turn started in the wee hours.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Being at the end of the line is a benefit, so not sure about that Antohan. You have to check half the time.

So no, 16 hours whilst everyone gets 8 is very unfair to everyone else. As I said above he should get a pass for a bit because its the first round. But giving him 16 hours and everyone else 8 makes no sense.

Polaroid

Aye it is, we should wait a bit longer though because its the first round.

Also remember that you can always PM if you're going offline for the day or you're out at night etc. Just PM it to someone who picks after you (so Cal could have PMd me for example) and then theres no worry about missind the deadline
Agree, we will cut some slack for the first round - 4 more hours for Cal

Why the delay, I thought we were doing an all time WC one around that time?

It does make it very interesting though, you're gonna have to try and predict which players will have a strong end to the season.
Yes, this draft has a prediction element to it.
The All-time WC tourney would be right after drafting for this is over.

You should, being at the end of the line shouldn't count against him. Basically you get eight hours to exercise your pick. He has used up his eight hours and now the eight hours for his second pick are running, you are not rightfully on yet. It's the only fair way if you think about it, particularly when his turn started in the wee hours.
Anto, it is 8 hrs per manager not per pick. The time allowance is to accommodate our daily schedule, not for managers to mull over their picks. Hence, everyone gets the same time allowance of 8 hrs. For the 1st round, we will cut some slack and extend 4 hrs for Cal.

antohan

Being at the end of the line is a benefit, so not sure about that Antohan. You have to check half the time.

So no, 16 hours whilst everyone gets 8 is very unfair to everyone else. As I said above he should get a pass for a bit because its the first round. But giving him 16 hours and everyone else 8 makes no sense.
I don't see how it is unfair on everyone else. Iso is either side of him and could effectively take 8 hours and have 8 hours starting to run 4-5 minutes later. By the way, the upside of checking "twice as much" is you get to see how things shape up and mull over next moves while he may as well forget about looking in here until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Anto, it is 8 hrs per manager not per pick. The time allowance is to accommodate our daily schedule, not for managers to mull over their picks. Hence, everyone gets the same time allowance of 8 hrs. For the 1st round, we will cut some slack and extend 4 hrs for Cal.
I can see the point there. Don't think it is deliberate though. What's the rush really? You are going to be playing this in May!

I would give people all sorts of slack in the first couple of rounds otherwise it is completely pointless.

Polaroid

I don't see how it is unfair on everyone else. Iso is either side of him and could effectively take 8 hours and have 8 hours starting to run 4-5 minutes later. By the way, the upside of checking "twice as much" is you get to see how things shape up and mull over next moves while he may as well forget about looking in here until tomorrow night at the earliest.

I can see the point there. Don't think it is deliberate though. What's the rush really? You are going to be playing this in May!

I would give people all sorts of slack in the first couple of rounds otherwise it is completely pointless.
I also do not think it is deliberate of Cal. Personally, I do not mind waiting - I have used my own time allowance to give the managers preceding me more time on a couple of occasions. It is up to Iso if he wishes to do the same.

can you sign me up for that?
Sure

antohan

I also do not think it is deliberate of Cal. Personally, I do not mind waiting - I have used my own time allowance to give the managers preceding me more time on a couple of occasions. It is up to Iso if he wishes to do the same.
I know, and I was going to suggest that to Iso but it was only when I thought about allowances that Cal having a double pick came to mind. Much easier to think about it as Cal's own time than Iso maybe wondering if he is pissing everyone off by waiting for him. It was an elegant solution :(

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
People missing draft turns in earlier runs can distort the drafts sometimes, handing stronger players to posters after that person.

We can not wait forever for Cal?, but I might consider handing the team over to someone else maybe? That person can co-manage with Cal?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
If anybody wants to co manage, feel free.

Moby

Dick
Cal said he had his picks ready but his turn came when he was asleep. Perhaps we can wait a while longer for this round.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Jake 1. Andres Iniesta
Fergus 1. Rooney
Crappy 1. Frank Ribery
Theon 1. Falcao
Pol 1. Van Persie
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger
Isotope 1. Neymar
Cal 1. Thiago Silva, 2. Sergio Busquets

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Jake 1. Andres Iniesta
Fergus 1. Rooney
Crappy 1. Frank Ribery
Theon 1. Falcao
Pol 1. Van Persie
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger
Isotope 1. Neymar 2. Mesut Özil

Moby

Dick
Jake 1. Andres Iniesta
Fergus 1. Rooney
Crappy 1. Frank Ribery
Theon 1. Falcao
Pol 1. Van Persie
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Robben
Isotope 1. Neymar 2. Mesut Özil

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I would have took Robben if he lasted, no way crappy/anto were getting that pair on the flanks!

Robben was a great pick Aldo, the Dutch pool isnt actually that big at all.

NM

blah blah blah

That was my initial suggestion as well - but he wanted a winger as there aren't many great ones.

Also - you should delete your post - you have made it obvious who the player is!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I don't have a clue who he is on about :lol:

antohan

I do. Agree with NM, no point. I usually don't mind but there's always someone trying to wing a round or two for a player and they get quite irked by that sort of post.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Oh shit, of course I know who he's on about :lol:

For some reason I was reading Schweny as a misspelled Szczesny.. I have no idea why.

NM

I do. Agree with NM, no point. I usually don't mind but there's always someone trying to wing a round or two for a player and they get quite irked by that sort of post.
Oh shit, of course I know who he's on about :lol:

For some reason I was reading Schweny as a misspelled Szczesny.. I have no idea why.

Exactly my point. He should delete that post.