Fantasy tournament: World Cup 2014

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I almost just tried to pick another Brazilian too.

Not my first choice, but to keep the game moving I'll go with Frank Lampard please.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I almost just tried to pick another Brazilian too.

Not my first choice, but to keep the game moving I'll go with Frank Lampard please.

Take your time if you want

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Nah it's alright dude. As usual, I'm putting together a side that I think I'd like to see. Iniesta, Lampard plus a worker behind them would be brilliant in my opinion. Sanchez offers great runs for the lads to pic out a pass for, and the overlapping wingbacks too.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Jake 1. Andres Iniesta 2. Phillip Lahm 3. Edison Cavani 4. Daniel Alves .5 Alexis Sanchez 6.Lovren 7. Lampard
Fergus 1. Rooney 2. Yaya Toure 3.Kompany 4. Lavezzi 5. Oscar 6. Pirlo 7. Rues
Crappy 1. Frank Ribery 2. Aguero 3. Dante 4. Strootman 5. Moutinho 6. Baines 7. Gotze
Theon 1. Falcao 2. Suarez 3. Modric 4. Chiellini 5. Hummels 6. Di Maria 7. Ashley Cole
Pol 1. Van Persie 2. Vidal 3. Javi Martinez 4. Varane 5. Marcelo 6. Godin
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Robben 3. Carrick 4. Fabregas 5. Lukaku 6. Barzagli
Isotope 1. Neymar 2. Mesut Özil 3. Pogba 4. Pepe 5. David Silva 6. Mascherano
Cal 1. Thiago Silva, 2. Sergio Busquets, 3. Daniele De Rossi, 4. Eden Hazard, 5. Phil Jones, 6. Pablo Zabaleta

Polaroid

Jake 1. Andres Iniesta 2. Phillip Lahm 3. Edison Cavani 4. Daniel Alves .5 Alexis Sanchez 6.Lovren 7. Lampard
Crappy 1. Frank Ribery 2. Aguero 3. Dante 4. Strootman 5. Moutinho 6. Baines 7. Gotze
Theon 1. Falcao 2. Suarez 3. Modric 4. Chiellini 5. Hummels 6. Di Maria 7. Ashley Cole
Pol 1. Van Persie 2. Vidal 3. Javi Martinez 4. Varane 5. Marcelo 6. Godin 7. James Rodriguez
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Robben 3. Carrick 4. Fabregas 5. Lukaku 6. Barzagli
Cal 1. Thiago Silva, 2. Sergio Busquets, 3. Daniele De Rossi, 4. Eden Hazard, 5. Phil Jones, 6. Pablo Zabaleta

Polaroid

Your team is shaping up nicely Theon, not many would get past Chiellini-Hummels

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Thanks man

I was a bit wary of going for Hummels that early because of his nationality being the best one, but I have a soft spot for him and couldn't risk someone else nabbing him up :)

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Thanks man

I was a bit wary of going for Hummels that early because of his nationality being the best one, but I have a soft spot for him and couldn't risk someone else nabbing him up :)
You grabbed him at the right time, he's great on the ball too which is hugely important these days.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yes and no Fergus about the timing. He was being criticised at the end of last season and he hasn't played much this season. On paper it looks really good but considering the draft criteria he might not be a good pick due to form (not that all voters go by the draft criteria all the time).

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yes and no Fergus about the timing. He was being criticised at the end of last season and he hasn't played much this season. On paper it looks really good but considering the draft criteria he might not be a good pick due to form (not that all voters go by the draft criteria all the time).

Hummels has played lots this season, he was only injured last month.

Just had a look and he was injured for a week in September as well, which I didn't know. Anyway, this season he has been excellent again and back to his best regardless of the injury.

Fergus' son

Yeah, the criteria is open to interpretation. Personally, I have taken it to mean 'the level a player is at (not necessarily played at) during that season' so even if Hummels hasn't been as great in 13/14 as usual, as long as I don't think it's a permanent drop in quality then I wouldn't use it against him too much (though it would affect my judgement of him to some degree). On the other hand, someone like Rio for example, who is actually declining would suffer a lot.

Not sure if it makes sense to you but it does to me!

Is Aldo around?

Snow

Just had a look and he was injured for a week in September as well, which I didn't know. Anyway, this season he has been excellent again and back to his best regardless of the injury.
It must be my memory then. He was injured sometime last season and twice I've seen them in the CL where he's been out because of injuries. Apparently that were the two games he's missed so far.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
It must be my memory then. He was injured sometime last season and twice I've seen them in the CL where he's been out because of injuries. Apparently that were the two games he's missed so far.

Aye he's missed two CL games, that was the September injury I think.

Moby

Dick

I'm not sure if he's back to his best though I don't watch BvB a lot. I've heard that Subotic has been the better out of the two and Hummels has made a few errors. Again, all from reading forums and talking to people so I can easily be totally wrong.

Moby

Dick
Pol 1. Van Persie 2. Vidal 3. Javi Martinez 4. Varane 5. Marcelo 6. Godin 7. James Rodriguez
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Robben 3. Carrick 4. Fabregas 5. Lukaku 6. Barzagli 7. Koscielny

Snow

Aye he's missed two CL games, that was the September injury I think.
One game. He missed the last game against Napoli. I also think I've mixed him up partly with Subotic. Sokratis has played about as much as they have this season and that's partly because of injuries at different times. Even Bender has played CB.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I'm not sure if he's back to his best though I don't watch BvB a lot. I've heard that Subotic has been the better out of the two and Hummels has made a few errors. Again, all from reading forums and talking to people so I can easily be totally wrong.

Last season people were saying this but it isnt the case now. From what I have seen he is back to his best. The Arsenal game for example, he was absolutely colossal (and far better than Subotic).

Cal?

CR7 fan
I hope Iso picks soon... me off to bed soon... in the mean time I'll pick one first:

Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Robben 3. Carrick 4. Fabregas 5. Lukaku 6. Barzagli 7. Koscielny
Cal 1. Thiago Silva, 2. Sergio Busquets, 3. Daniele De Rossi, 4. Eden Hazard, 5. Phil Jones, 6. Pablo Zabaleta, 7. Patrice Evra

Moby

Dick
Thanks, Fergus.

I reckon that's a decent CB pair and they compliment each other as well. Most Juve fans say that Barzagli has been their best CB for the last 2-3 odd years.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I quite like how my back 4 has shaped up - Evra, Thiago Silva, Jones, Zabaleta, perfect balance of strength and guile as well as pace & height. :)

Fergus' son

Yeah, it looks good Aldo. Got a feeling I know your next pick too, you can make it pretty soon too..

Cal?

CR7 fan
Isotope 1. Neymar 2. Mesut Özil 3. Pogba 4. Pepe 5. David Silva 6. Mascherano, 7. Jan Vertonghen
Cal 1. Thiago Silva, 2. Sergio Busquets, 3. Daniele De Rossi, 4. Eden Hazard, 5. Phil Jones, 6. Pablo Zabaleta, 7. Patrice Evra, 8. Shinji Kagawa

Back to you Iso!

Fergus' son

My front 6:

-----Pirlo Yaya
Reus Oscar Lavezzi
-------Rooney

Looks good to me...?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Isotope 1. Neymar 2. Mesut Özil 3. Pogba 4. Pepe 5. David Silva 6. Mascherano, 7. Jan Vertonghen 8. Darijo Srna
Cal 1. Thiago Silva, 2. Sergio Busquets, 3. Daniele De Rossi, 4. Eden Hazard, 5. Phil Jones, 6. Pablo Zabaleta, 7. Patrice Evra, 8. Shinji Kagawa

Moby

Dick
Aldo 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Robben 3. Carrick 4. Fabregas 5. Lukaku 6. Barzagli 7. Koscielny 8. Tevez
Isotope 1. Neymar 2. Mesut Özil 3. Pogba 4. Pepe 5. David Silva 6. Mascherano, 7. Jan Vertonghen 8. Darijo Srna

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Theon's is the fave, for now. Superb picks with flexible nationalities.
And Aldo surely has the best midfield. At one point in the past, United were strongly linked with the other two; and we could've actually seen Schweny-Carrick-Fab.

Moby

Dick
Thanks, Iso! Yeah it's a bit of a United dream. :lol: Purely coincidental, I went players who have been in good form and they happened to be the choices.

Moby

Dick
Something like this so far :

Barzagli - Koscielny​
Carrick​
Fabregas - Schweinsteiger​
Robben -------------- Tevez​
Lukaku​