FAO Yanks: changes at Fox Soccer Channel

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Fox soccer report leaves the air today to be replaced by a show called Fox Soccer news (a cheaper show). The downside is no more Bobby McMahon:mad: There is, however, a new channel on my satellite tv called beINSPORT which features footy in the European leagues from what I can tell. Could be interesting.

NM

Fox soccer report leaves the air today to be replaced by a show called Fox Soccer news (a cheaper show). The downside is no more Bobby McMahon:mad: There is, however, a new channel on my satellite tv called beINSPORT which features footy in the European leagues from what I can tell. Could be interesting.
:(

I don't have beinSport.. Will lose all my La Liga and Serie A because of that..

Fal

The good news is, no more Serie A! I'm hoping they'll bring back the Argentina Apertura. It was just so much more entertaining.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't like Fox Soccer Report, I prefer to watch the Sky Sport news show they show at 1 am in the morning. I assume you use DirecTV?

NM

No more Serie A? What are they replacing it with? All they had was Premier League and Serie A
More US/Central South American stuff. Aimed at the growing hispanic audience..

VoetbalWizard

The good news is, no more Serie A! I'm hoping they'll bring back the Argentina Apertura. It was just so much more entertaining.
argentine primera is fecking shit and I watch a couple of South American matches every week, especially when libertadores is in swing.

The Brasileiro is much better. I don't know if its a recent phenomenon but the argetine league is piss poor IMO right now. Completely unwatchable.

Serie A is a top league, and it was superb last season. Historically my 2nd favourite league to watch but last season I watched it more than the premiership.

MarylandMUFan

Why is Philadelphia such a dirty and fat city? I was there this summer and everyone seems so depressed and more rotund compared to other cities in the north-east usa. And it definitely as a litter problem.
Philly is the armpit of America.

Back to the original topic (from Grant Wahl):
New Fox Soccer News show debuts on Friday at 10 pm ET with host Brendan Dunlop & cast including Bobby McMahon, Thomas Rongen, Kara Lang.

It's also in HD so this seems to be a good switch.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Thinking about getting GolTV this year - mainly for La Liga.

Have ESPN expanded their coverage? They were good for Italian, Spanish, German and English leagues last season.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Philly is the armpit of America.

Back to the original topic (from Grant Wahl):
New Fox Soccer News show debuts on Friday at 10 pm ET with host Brendan Dunlop & cast including Bobby McMahon, Thomas Rongen, Kara Lang.

It's also in HD so this seems to be a good switch.
Rongen could be pretty good on that show

Thinking about getting GolTV this year - mainly for La Liga.

Have ESPN expanded their coverage? They were good for Italian, Spanish, German and English leagues last season.
I think Beinsport has la liga now

Fal

argentine primera is fecking shit and I watch a couple of South American matches every week, especially when libertadores is in swing.

The Brasileiro is much better. I don't know if its a recent phenomenon but the argetine league is piss poor IMO right now. Completely unwatchable.

Serie A is a top league, and it was superb last season. Historically my 2nd favourite league to watch but last season I watched it more than the premiership.
We might have a severe difference in what we like to watch. Serie A, to me, is just mind-numblingly boring. Even the top teams are hard to watch and enjoy. The Brasileiro would be a fun addition I think, but I do have fond memories from the Argentina games. Even the announcer they used was entertaining!

"FALCAO!!! no.. FALCAOOO! ...no... FALCAOOO! .............................no.. "

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Why is Philadelphia such a dirty and fat city? I was there this summer and everyone seems so depressed and more rotund compared to other cities in the north-east usa. And it definitely as a litter problem.
Philadelphia has always been a blue collar low class dump whose better days ended 80 years ago. The people are pigs and drug addicts. One of the highest murder rates in the country. Don't get me started on car thefts. Can't wait to leave. Litter problem? The place stinks from garbage in the summer.

VoetbalWizard

Philadelphia has always been a blue collar low class dump whose better days ended 80 years ago. The people are pigs and drug addicts. One of the highest murder rates in the country. Don't get me started on car thefts. Can't wait to leave. Litter problem? The place stinks from garbage in the summer.
I was there for a conference for a few days and looking at GDP numbers of the philadelphia metropolitan area (quite high in aggregate), and the sheer amount of really top schools and students around, and a vibrant healthcare-economy/education sector, I was taken aback by how depressing and dirty the city was.

NM

It really isn't the best.. I live outside the city, and it is really nice in the suburbs.. The city itself, I do not like. If I had to go there everywhere for work/live in it, I would probably leave.

MarylandMUFan

Somewhat related, when we went to the Man United-Philly Union game last Summer, I was with a friend who was a refugee from Rwanda. We were driving to Tonly Lukes near the stadium (not a great part of town) and he said "this looks like developing nation". I laughed so hard, a refugee was trashing Philly.

AlwaysRedwood

We might have a severe difference in what we like to watch. Serie A, to me, is just mind-numblingly boring. Even the top teams are hard to watch and enjoy. The Brasileiro would be a fun addition I think, but I do have fond memories from the Argentina games. Even the announcer they used was entertaining!
I agree. Happy Serie A is gone and am happy to have SA footy back.

beergod

the only thing GolTV has left is the Bundesliga, but if I were forced to have only one league other than the Premiership it is the one I would want.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
GolTV was 620 now that channel is beIN Sport HD. What happened to GolTV?

I really hope beIN does not have those shit commentators from the past GolTV La Liga broadcasts.

MrMarcello

I see now. And showing England v Italy friendly right now (at Wankdorf Stadium, what a name).

Song off to Barca just confirmed on Match Day. Who is that pundit with the Caribbean accent?

MarylandMUFan

Does one just download the app? Free?
Turns out the App doesn't work for that. Using the phone (or computer) go to www.talksport.com. (not the co.uk version of the site).

You have to sign in/register and then there are links to all of the games. They had some issues today with their feeds (some worked some linked to the wrong games). I am hoping it was just first day issues and something they can easily fix.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Somewhat related, when we went to the Man United-Philly Union game last Summer, I was with a friend who was a refugee from Rwanda. We were driving to Tonly Lukes near the stadium (not a great part of town) and he said "this looks like developing nation". I laughed so hard, a refugee was trashing Philly.
Tony Lukes :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

mkecane

I am going to record the PSG, Real and Barca games but I probably won't watch much more than that. I wish someone other than FSC+ had Championship and Scottish football.
The Championship went to beIN, also. FSC/FSC+ has Premier League, Champions League, and that's about it.

Anyone watch the Fox Soccer News last night? I like the format and it's in HD so that is a plus. The Kara Lang woman needs a lot of work on her delivery but she seems to know her stuff.
Yeah, really glad they're finally in HD. I hated watching highlights in standard on an HD tv. Kara looks nice. She and the host will get better as they settle in.

KGBhoy

OK, who is the joker in a bowtie? He sucks! Bobby was way better.

Nucks

RT History Department
Kara was a bit of a hottie back in the day. Think she had to throw in the towel due to chronic knee injuries.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
OK, who is the joker in a bowtie? He sucks! Bobby was way better.
Thomas Rontgen (sp?). used to coach DC United. Dutch guy irrc.
agreed, Bobby's way better. they seem to be rotating between the Ducthie, Dichio and the Jamaican guy.

Kara Lang looks good, but I bet she used to look way better.

MrMarcello

GolTV has been dropped by DirecTV, and their statement in regards does have an agenda to it by claiming Al Jazeera and DirecTV are working together. Very bizarre.