Farewell Jose (and thanks for all the fish)

Water Melon

I have thanked Jose we have won the two titles under him. But this time around, I am really glad he fecked off. Huge relief.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
David Moyes was my least favourite manager. But even he deserves respect.
By the way, no, he doesn't, not after the way he behaved after the eventual sacking.

Jose did some good stuff with us, even though it ended horribly. Thanks for the trophies, thanks for Ibra and thanks for some, albeit rare, great games. But the last months showed that he cared much less about the club than about himself, in my opinion (and I'm not even talking about the money).

redshaw

He had a pretty good year and a half. Was nice to get the Europa and see Zlatan.

Certainly some good memories so thanks for trying. Hope he and his family can enjoy some time off.

poleglass red

was too set in his ways. Everything we did good was him and everything we did bad was someone else's fault. Typical 3rd yr meltdown from him. Had he left at the end of last season it would have been a decent enough job, still not great but decent. Good luck to him. He's had too many fall outs at too many clubs. When he first came to Pl he was a breath of fresh air, now he leaves as an outdated old school manager. The days of managers like Fergie, Wenger and Jose having total control over the whole club are over, the clubs are too big now. Publicly disrespecting players is a No No for a club like ours, he crossed that line repeatedly and it came across as very classless.

JMack1234

Thanks Jose for your first season.

Yeah it was flawed but having Zlatan at United was brilliant. We brought in Pogba, Mhiki and Bailly and for the first time in ages really started to believe. The Europa league win was brilliant fun and i'll always remember losing my sh*t when we beat Celta and staying needing to spend 15 mins walking around OT to calm down before driving home.

Then the 2nd season started well 4-0 FC and some genuinely exciting football. For me Sevilla is where it all started to fall to pieces but still had some brilliant moments vs City and Juventus.

It was more than time to go but i'll always have fond memories for his first 1 and a bit seasons here.

Stacks

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people who have nothing good to say about Mourinho, to shut the feck up and not post in a thread designed for that very fact. And take their bile to the numerous threads discussing his shortcomings. Eejits.

Anyway, thanks for the 2 trophies. Wish him the best in his future endeavors, no hard feelings. He tried his best and it didn't work out
Didn't like him before he joined, never really warmed to him while he was here and he gets between £12-20 million for doing a shit job and being a dour cnut.

So, all in all, thanks for the Europa League and piss off.
400m expenditure for Europa league and league cup.
Thanks for proving my gut feeling when you came.
Thanks for taking us to the cleaners and hope you have a "new" great journey to spread some misery on the poor fellas that are going to run through walls for you.

Wish you all the best.

Ta.
what these guys said. I mean if you were given an arranged marriage with a cheating "so and so" who ripped you off divorced you and took you to the cleaners, all while the marriage was somewhat miserable, she was constantly berating you and your lack of financial wherewithal then someone says "say thank you for something", what you gonna say? "our wedding night was decent I guess"

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
what these guys said. I mean if you were given an arranged marriage with a cheating "so and so" who ripped you off divorced you and took you to the cleaners, all while the marriage was somewhat miserable, she was constantly berating you and your lack of financial wherewithal then someone says "say thank you for something", what you gonna say? "our wedding night was decent I guess"
Let me quote myself real quick:

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people who have nothing good to say about Mourinho, to shut the feck up and not post in a thread designed for that very fact. And take their bile to the numerous threads discussing his shortcomings. Eejits.
I mean, you could choose to be deliberately obtuse. It's a free world.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Zlatan was great, the 3-2 against shitty and Newcastle were brilliant days. He is human, it did not work out and that's got to hurt him.

I don't think he is a happy man and maybe some down time is what he needs.

OJKernow

When he was appointed it felt like a perfect fit, and that this could be the club where he maybe settled (especially if the reports of how upset he was at not being SAFs replacement were true). It always used to feel like he wanted the Utd job one day.

Steadied the ship in his first season, whilst winning two trophies (was lucky enough to be there for the Europa final in Stockholm), the return of Pogba, signing of Zlatan, moving Rooney on. That first season felt like we were heading in the right direction and he seemed happy and settled.

The second season, I still argued there was progress, but we did start to lose some of the spark shown early on.

This season so far has been awful, and I maintain it's not all down to Jose, but have to agree that whilst I am gutted it hasn't worked out, that it is the right time to make a change.

I warmed to him a lot during his time here, which I know not everyone will agree with, but there you go, it's a game of opinions.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Very true. Not even mata.
I don’t think there was animosity between Mata and Jose. That was a media thing. The players are dead quiet, since the Pogba tweet - it’s an eerie silence, no welcome to OGS, Nothing...

Ventura

Fish, yes. That's a way to describe his tenure. Boiled whole cod on your dinner plate where you have to remove the skin and bones yourself, and inevitably you'll end up eating a few bones anyway. Makes you want to skip dinner next time.

Patrick08

I don’t think there was animosity between Mata and Jose. That was a media thing. The players are dead quiet, since the Pogba tweet - it’s an eerie silence, no welcome to OGS, Nothing...
I meant a farewell messege as he is a more emotional kind of sweet guy.

Utdstar01

I'm sad in that I wanted him to do well and it's never nice for somebody to lose their job. The first 2 seasons you can say he did a decent job but there was no return after the shit show we've seen this season.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Good luck finding a club with any football heritage.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Thanks for league cup and completing the set with Europa. I love the guy. If only he could handle some things differently whilst still remaining ambitious..Good luck in next job.

tjb

For me, Jose did not fully understand the club, he acted like he would act in any other job. His biggest misdemeanor was the xway he called out the board over the summer. He put a lighr in figures that should not be exposed in public and disrespected the club in that one move. In addition his chopping and changing of players based on personal relationships and his lack of sensitivity to the attacking nature of man utd made his stay untenable. He broke a lot of walls at utd, made many enemies, and has tarnished his reputation with his moves. For me United gave mourinho moref power and control than he has had at any club, and he threw it right back in the faces of the people that gave him leeway. I blames the board over the summer over the centre back situation, but when close to 400m was spent, 2 centre bfacks bought, yet jose could not realise that united needee an experienced centre back rather than thgr young onesc he bought

buchansleftleg

Some of the stories coming out now about how he dressed for a Munich ceremony, or how he treated the medical staff are disappointing if they are true.

He managed to move Rooney on in a good way, I just hope we don't regret his hiring of Lukaku for a long time. He needs to get better, we find a system to suit him or move him on pretty quick.

Jose blew it. He could have built a dynasty but his impatient streak meant he thought he could cut corners and just buy talent in rather than develop it.

Sad really he could have created a legend rather than a hiccup

Posh Red

Some of the stories coming out now about how he dressed for a Munich ceremony, or how he treated the medical staff are disappointing if they are true.

He managed to move Rooney on in a good way, I just hope we don't regret his hiring of Lukaku for a long time. He needs to get better, we find a system to suit him or move him on pretty quick.
I’ve not heard those stories. Anywhere I can read them?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It didn't work out how we all envisioned, but I have no hard feelings towards him. We knew what we were getting once we made a deal, so all this furore when things didn't go his way doesn't come off as a surprise.

Thanks for winning the Europa League and completing our set, and I guess for making us believe for a short while we could win the league again.

All the best in Italy, au revoir!

acnumber9

I have heard a lot of people offer this view, that if JM was hired straight after SAF, it might have been better. To be fair, I don't really get this; what would have been all that different? He has a very definite philosophy, ok different players might have come aboard. He might have kept on some of SAF's backroom team that Moyes replaced. So many if's. But I suspect that given all the personalities in place, the outcome would have been pretty much as is.
He would’ve taken over a much better team with a winning mentality and without the burden of players left behind by Van Gaal. He also wouldn’t have the baggage of his bad end at Chelsea. Or Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino to contend with.

Patrick08

He would’ve taken over a much better team with a winning mentality and without the burden of players left behind by Van Gaal. He also wouldn’t have the baggage of his bad end at Chelsea. Or Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino to contend with.
He could have done it now as well. But he never adapted himself well enough and had a vision of quality football here. Every genuine football fan will tell you our problems lie in midfield more than it lies in defence yet he compounded the problem by bringing more immobile players like matic and kept fellani on while asking pogba to do only one thing which he not good at.

AdamAdams

Certainly think Jose put the effort in but somewhere along the line, probably when he started throwing players under the bus (he likes buses!) it all went wrong. Plus, losing his number 2 never helped.
His last press conference was a sign he was more concerned about his own reputation than the state of the club. Think it could have worked out better if he'd come in straight after Fergie but for now, he's done at the top level. Maybe he will have a go at an international job.

acnumber9

He could have done it now as well. But he never adapted himself well enough and had a vision of quality football here. Every genuine football fan will tell you our problems lie in midfield more than it lies in defence yet he compounded the problem by bringing more immobile players like matic and kept fellani on while asking pogba to do only one thing which he not good at.
He could have. That doesn’t change the fact that there are a number of reasons why he may have been more successful 5 years ago.

Sigma

1st season good, 2nd season good, 3rd season bad. I have always liked Jose but it his position wasn't sustainable this season. Wish him all the best in the future and hope he can take a long rest so that he can come back with a smile on his face again.

OldPop

It does not hurt anyone wishing him better luck with another team, or to thank him for about one and a half good season.

Thank you for that, good luck, and hope you've learned that nobody is bigger than the club in Manchester United!

since 1977

Why oh why oh why has calamity Ed left it so late to pull the trigger on Jose ? It’s unlikely (not impossible) that we make top four which leaves is needing a UCL win for Euro Big Cup football next season. Which in turn probably hampers the activity in the transfer market. Blokes incompetent.

That’s all - said my piece.