Farewell Jose (and thanks for all the fish)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Thanks for winning the Europa League and giving us the whole set of trophies.

AndyMUFC

It didn't quite ever all come together but at the end of the day, he finished second, won the Europa League and the League Cup and got us to an FA Cup Final in his first two years so it certainly wasn't a terrible reign. Managers are getting lauded for achieving much less.

It's just that his football wasn't a good fit and this season has been a disaster. Do wish him the best however.

tomaldinho1

One nice thing is I feel closer to my Chelsea supporting friends now - joined by our disgust for him as a person, despite on paper not having done terribly here and having done very well there.

crossy1686

career ending
You will find that most clubs fans forums have similar threads following a manager leaving even if he got the sack.

It's not about the ex manager reading, it is about giving supporters the opportunity to voice their own thoughts and as far as I am concerned nothing wrong with that.
What’s the purpose? He 100% won’t read this, he hasn’t passed away or anything, he’s literally been fired for not doing a good enough at his job. Is this closure for people? You can flick on Sky Sports and see him walking down the street if it makes you feel better.

People wouldn’t start an email chain about you if you got fired from your job, everyone saying how they wish you the best, even though you’d never see the emails. They definitely wouldn’t have anything nice to say about you if you got fired and got paid £24m on your way out.

I find this concept of ‘good luck’ threads just an absolutely bizarre pratice and it makes me physically cringe when I see some of the posts. But, don’t let me stop people from posting stuff, I’d just prefer a discussion rather than “we will miss you Jose, thanks for the complete set of trophies, wish it would have worked out between us”...

C'est Moi Cantona

You achieved the impossible, in somehow making me hate watching our matches way more than Moyes or LvG ever did, well done.

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What’s the purpose? He 100% won’t read this, he hasn’t passed away or anything, he’s literally been fired for not doing a good enough at his job. Is this closure for people? You can flick on Sky Sports and see him walking down the street if it makes you feel better.

People wouldn’t start an email chain about you if you got fired from your job, everyone saying how they wish you the best, even though you’d never see the emails. They definitely wouldn’t have anything nice to say about you if you got fired and got paid £24m on your way out.

I find this concept of ‘good luck’ threads just an absolutely bizarre pratice and it makes me physically cringe when I see some of the posts. But, don’t let me stop people from posting stuff, I’d just prefer a discussion rather than “we will miss you Jose, thanks for the complete set of trophies, wish it would have worked out between us”...
I take it your general forum content is confined to instructive and constructive posts, geared to the sharpening up of MUFC club standards. Presumably these gems of wisdom are shared avidly by supporters, managers (and staff) and caftards alike, from the banks of the Inny to the Outer Himalayas (if there’s such a place :eek:)

Thanks for stooping to share your massive intellect with the rest of us insects. And gracious thanks for letting us post ‘stuff’ :D

Minimalist

The OP can step on a rake for referencing the great late Douglas Adams (So Long..) in the same discussion as the miserable cnut.

imamuppet

I take it your general forum content is confined to instructive and constructive posts, geared to the sharpening up of MUFC club standards. Presumably these gems of wisdom are shared avidly by supporters, managers (and staff) and caftards alike, from the banks of the Inny to the Outer Himalayas (if there’s such a place :eek:)

Thanks for stooping to share your massive intellect with the rest of us insects. And gracious thanks for letting us post ‘stuff’ :D
Well said!

Greck

Feel guilty to be relieved to see a man lose his job. Then I remember who it is. Always trying to get people sacked or sold over unnecessary conflicts.

crossy1686

career ending

Whatever floats your boat man, some people also write letters to Father Christmas and find themselves pining over absusive relationships because at least someone made them feel special for a little while. I would bet that most of the people wishing Jose ‘good luck’ in here find themselves in this bracket, either that or their dads left when they were 7 years old and they’re still coming to terms with it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
More than anything I'm thankful for him calling out some things that needed to be called out. He was the opposite of a yes-man when we needed it. He made mistakes, as an ego maniac he didn't know how to deal with other ego maniacs. I'll look at his tenure as much much more positive than LVG or Moyes. Shame he didn't come in immediately after SAF.

I think he'll prove people wrong in his next managerial capacity.

Web of Bissaka

Nothing to be thankful of.

Too much damages.

Appreciate just these though;
  • EL Trophy, completing club's trophy cabinet.
  • +1 LCup
  • Zlatan
  • Put out some of the deadwood eg. Rooney, Schneiderlin, Schweini, etc..
  • Keep De Gea
  • Herrera plays again (LVG literally put him out of the squad once his philosophy is completed 2nd season)
  • Matic
  • Lingod happened for a short time.
  • Playing the youngsters ~ Martial and Rashford.
  • Promoting more youth ~ McTominay, Pereira, Tuanzebe.
  • Very few good fun entertaining games.
  • Possibility of these players he brought in can be consistently amazing ~ Sanchez, Pogba, Fred, Bailly, Lindelof, Dalot
Thanks =/= Appreciate

:rolleyes:Compare to the plenty more damages he inflicted to the club, not worth to be given thanks.

Tiber

Thanks for not sticking your fingers in any oppotion coaches eye while you were here

rotherham_red

feck thanking him. He's a cnut who denigrated and disrespected the institution of Man Utd ever since Sevilla. feck him, and feck his "heritage".

I said it in another thread quite a while back; I felt pity for Moyes - he was patently and obviously out of his depth. I felt regret for LVG not working out - he was a classy man who you could tell desperately wanted to make it work with us, but wasn't afforded the patience his successor received and above all, he was definitely the most loveable out of all the post-SAF managers we had. With Jose though, I said I would feel, and indeed have felt relief and a healthy dose of anger for him putting himself ahead of the club.

Good riddance, and take your favourites with you.

Sauldogba

Was gonna post this in the Jose performance thread but assumed it will probably get locked really quickly so mods feel free to start a new thread.

This might be a bit of a weird bump but seeing how well we are performing and the strength in depth we have i think he has actually built/left us with a fairly good squad.
Maybe one or two players away from a title challenge.

Really impressed with the signings of Dalot and Lindeloff.
I think theres a good player in there with regards to Fred.
Loving the fire power we have in attack as well.

Last edited:

tieunhilang

Was gonna post this in the Jose performance thread but assumed it will probably get locked really quickly so mods feel free to start a new thread.

This might be a bit of a weird bump but seeing how well we are performing and the strength in depth we have i think he has actually built/left us with a fairly good squad.
Maybe one or two players away from a title challenge.

Really impressed with the signings of Dalot and Lindeloff.
I think theres a good player in there with regards to Fred.
Loving the fire power we have in attack as well.
Yep. He did make lots of his mistakes in our 3rd season, but the foundation he left behind with the players he brought was good. Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Lindelof, Bailly, Dalot...were brought by him. Shaw was made better from his leg injury by his "tough love" approach. And he nominated McTominay to 1st team squad although he was slaughtered in here because all thought he was obsessed with height.