g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Farewell Jose (and thanks for all the fish)

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I don't see a thanks and good luck Jose thread, so here goes. The Shed were very decent to him when he left, I just think we should respect anyone who manages the team and show respect. David Moyes was my least favourite manager. But even he deserves respect. I didn't agree with the Mourhino appointment in the first place. I hated his Chelsea teams. Over the years, you have to support and Mou kind of grew on me. I think he genuinely did feel a strong attachment to the badge.

And there have been some great nights, good memories. Last minute wins. One of the best was coming from 2 - 0 to smash City. The start of last season with four goals seemingly a regular fixture seems a long time ago now. I never did get that thing with the Lowry, did JM always expect it to end thus? At the start I had some sense that this was his dream club, the place where his brand would be re-invented, the outsider come in from the cold.

Jose, you tried, of that there is no doubt. You even tried to change, a little bit. But ... Some of the bus parking got very tiresome, especially against teams we could have battered; but let's put all that in the past. I have argued in here that the problems were not all down to you. Now I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Good luck with whatever you do next. And good luck to Manchester United going forward. Something's gotta change.

Nicklas

Yeah, bit disappointed that it didn't work out as I've been a fan of him for a long time and was over the moon when we signed him. Thanks for the cups and good luck to him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Won UEFA cup and brought in Zlatan which was fun. This was a stone that needed to be turned before we moved forward.

crossy1686

career ending
There was a thread but no one actually cares. He was thanked when he was fired, he got a massive payout. He isn't going to read this so let's just top embarrassing ourselves shall we?

Bojan11

Wanted to work out for him and thought this was the club that would change him. Sadly he didn’t change or adapt from his second spell at Chelsea or Madrid.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shame it didn't work out, just cos it'd have boiled some major media p-s if it did.

It ended miserably but we'll always have Stockholm.

Good luck Mou.

Stacks

I don't see a thanks and good luck Jose thread, so here goes. The Shed were very decent to him when he left, I just think we should respect anyone who manages the team and show respect. David Moyes was my least favourite manager. But even he deserves respect. I didn't agree with the Mourhino appointment in the first place. I hated his Chelsea teams. Over the years, you have to support and Mou kind of grew on me. I think he genuinely did feel a strong attachment to the badge.

And there have been some great nights, good memories. Last minute wins. One of the best was coming from 2 - 0 to smash City. The start of last season with four goals seemingly a regular fixture seems a long time ago now. I never did get that thing with the Lowry, did JM always expect it to end thus? At the start I had some sense that this was his dream club, the place where his brand would be re-invented, the outsider come in from the cold.

Jose, you tried, of that there is no doubt. You even tried to change, a little bit. But ... Some of the bus parking got very tiresome, especially against teams we could have battered; but let's put all that in the past. I have argued in here that the problems were not all down to you. Now I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Good luck with whatever you do next. And good luck to Manchester United going forward. Something's gotta change.
must one be classy for the classless?

you talk about respect but how much respect did he show the fans, the heritage of the club and its traditions, the expectations?
I am happy to see the back of him tbh

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There was a farewell thread which was merged. Anyways thanks for League cup and Europa league.

Glad he left though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
And there have been some great nights, good memories. Last minute wins. One of the best was coming from 2 - 0 to smash City. The start of last season with four goals seemingly a regular fixture seems a long time ago now. I never did get that thing with the Lowry, did JM always expect it to end thus? At the start I had some sense that this was his dream club, the place where his brand would be re-invented, the outsider come in from the cold..
Shame it didn't work out, just cos it'd have boiled some major media p-s if I didn’t
It ended miserably but we'll always have Stockholm.

Good luck Mou.
I wonder how many fans who think Jose deserves gratitude and respect for these would similarly thank Pogba if he left? You know, the guy who scored the crucial goals in both those games?

SteveW

There was a thread but no one actually cares. He was thanked when he was fired, he got a massive payout. He isn't going to read this so let's just top embarrassing ourselves shall we?

you talk about respect but how much respect did he show the fans, the heritage of the club and its traditions, the expectations?
He didnt respect this club why should I respect him. Enjoy your money Jose
Agree with these. He showed zero respect for the club. Nasty piece of work and I'm delighted he's gone.

Crashoutcassius

Moments of his reign we saw his brilliant. Lets not forget we saw a couple of weeks of battering teams on the break. We saw his famous pull - getting pogba, ibra and sanchez were all coups. We beat City last year in one of the best ever seasons. It's a shame we didn't have at least one season where he was able to get a team fully motivated.

Good luck Jose

Josep Dowling

I think the Old Trafford crowd were more than respectful towards him, too much in fact. I hope he doesn't start slating the club in the future like he has done with Chelsea.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Had it happened in 2013, I think the end result would have been different.

Knowing his record, probably still sacked...But perhaps with more success.

Good luck to him and whatever, and as much as I wanted it to work out...It's difficult to thank him for his time as ultimately it was a failed tenure.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Had it happened in 2013, I think the end result would have been different.

Knowing his record, probably still sacked...But perhaps with more success.

Good luck to him and whatever, and as much as I wanted it to work out...It's difficult to thank him for his time as ultimately it was a failed tenure.
I have heard a lot of people offer this view, that if JM was hired straight after SAF, it might have been better. To be fair, I don't really get this; what would have been all that different? He has a very definite philosophy, ok different players might have come aboard. He might have kept on some of SAF's backroom team that Moyes replaced. So many if's. But I suspect that given all the personalities in place, the outcome would have been pretty much as is.

Bojan11

I have heard a lot of people offer this view, that if JM was hired straight after SAF, it might have been better. To be fair, I don't really get this; what would have been all that different? He has a very definite philosophy, ok different players might have come aboard. He might have kept on some of SAF's backroom team that Moyes replaced. So many if's. But I suspect that given all the personalities in place, the outcome would have been pretty much as is.
He would have won a league or two before Pep and Klopp arrived.

Look at the managers back in 2013 for top clubs it was Wenger, Pellegrinni, Rodgers, AVB and Chelsea probably would have kept Benitez if Mourinho didn’t sign. So it’s not crazy to say Mourinho would have fared better if he joined us earlier.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Disappointed it didnt work out for him but grateful for the trophies he won here and bringing in Ibra.
Not impressed with spitting his dummy out and sabotaging the team cause he didnt get his way,his remarks towards Utd and his general demeanor.
Glad he's gone.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm not sure why it's so hard for people who have nothing good to say about Mourinho, to shut the feck up and not post in a thread designed for that very fact. And take their bile to the numerous threads discussing his shortcomings. Eejits.

Anyway, thanks for the 2 trophies. Wish him the best in his future endeavors, no hard feelings. He tried his best and it didn't work out

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Shame it didn't work out. He now knows he couldn't fix us and I think it will be a long time before anyone can.

bonothom

I'm not sure Mourinho was ever very happy at United. To stay in a hotel all the time is very strange. A bit like Alan Partridge staying at the Linton travel tavern.

Reactions: Penna

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Didn't like him before he joined, never really warmed to him while he was here and he gets between £12-20 million for doing a shit job and being a dour cnut.

So, all in all, thanks for the Europa League and piss off.

RedCurry

I was genuinely happy to win the Europa league no matter how insignificant people try to say it is. It is still a competition where you have to play multiple rounds and is objectively hard to win. I will respect Jose for that.

I wish him luck.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
400m expenditure for Europa league and league cup.

Ban

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people who have nothing good to say about Mourinho, to shut the feck up and not post in a thread designed for that very fact. And take their bile to the numerous threads discussing his shortcomings. Eejits.

Anyway, thanks for the 2 trophies. Wish him the best in his future endeavors, no hard feelings. He tried his best and it didn't work out
This. There are about 6 threads or so in which they can share their opinion and call him a cancer, virus and a vampire.

arthurka

Thanks for proving my gut feeling when you came.
Thanks for taking us to the cleaners and hope you have a "new" great journey to spread some misery on the poor fellas that are going to run through walls for you.

Wish you all the best.

Ta.

SER19

Have you read this forum in recent years. The stuff moyes, van gaal and mourinho got you wouldn’t see from Liverpool fans on here and each time a manager leaves it’s ratioanlised with some obscure notion that tries to justify basically being a keyboard warrior. Or at best an over the top whinge. But people will rightly tell me to not expect anything else from football forums. Redcafe has had a fair nosedive in class though, give it a few months and ole Gunnar solskaer, literally everybody’s second favourite player for a decade of huge success will be getting called all sorts by guys that don’t remember him. (If things go badly)

Look forward to the Pogba > solskjaer stuff

Ban

Have you read this forum in recent years. The stuff moyes, van gaal and mourinho got you wouldn’t see from Liverpool fans on here and each time a manager leaves it’s ratioanlised with some obscure notion that tries to justify basically being a keyboard warrior. Or at best an over the top whinge. But people will rightly tell me to not expect anything else from football forums. Redcafe has had a fair nosedive in class though, give it a few months and ole Gunnar solskaer, literally everybody’s second favourite player for a decade of huge success will be getting called all sorts by guys that don’t remember him. (If things go badly)

Look forward to the Pogba > solskjaer stuff
This. It's all good and rosy right now. Not only that, if you question Ole appointment you're a miserable git. If things don't go well Ole will get his fair share of abuse here.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jose did fairly well for the first 18 months, so I'll give him that much. Shame it didn't continue, but his behaviour in the last 12 months really was disgusting at times.

I don't hate him and I wish him some success going forward (not too much!).

Raw

Any nice words from the players on social media?
Not a peep. In fact I don't think there's been any posts since the Liverpool defeat, other than Herrera on Instagram (and Pogba's deleted silliness). Only seen stuff from ex-players like Evra and Rio.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You will find that most clubs fans forums have similar threads following a manager leaving even if he got the sack.

It's not about the ex manager reading, it is about giving supporters the opportunity to voice their own thoughts and as far as I am concerned nothing wrong with that.