g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Farewell Zlatan! | Zlatan: "I came. I said. I conquered."

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Love this guy, Larsson esque contribution.
Super Swede, can take his place with Larsson for his great contribution to our club.
Eh, Larsson scored like 1 goal, Zlatan scored 28. No comparison.

Such a shame it had to end so soon, hopefully he will be fit after Xmas and available for the 2nd half run in.

Denis79

I wish he hadn't gotten injured. We wouldn't be forced to buy Morata, could develop Rashford for another year and see if the kid is ready to lead the line. Plus, we'd have Zlatan up top who, even at this age, is clearly a better player than Morata.
Feel the same

Morpheus 7

Amazing character, shame this is the end of the journey with us. Think the club need to build more long term up front, right decision. Thanks Zlat.

spwd

So unlucky to get such a bad injury at a critical time in his career, hopefully he recovers completely and he comes back to us in some capacity before heading to the MLS.

Good luck GOD, hope to see you soon.

RedDevil@84

I am sad it didn't work out for him due to the injury. Wanted him for another season tbh.

Man-United

Simon Stone don't rule it out that he stays after getting fit so no farwell yet for me.

MDFC Manager

I wish he hadn't gotten injured. We wouldn't be forced to buy Morata, could develop Rashford for another year and see if the kid is ready to lead the line. Plus, we'd have Zlatan up top who, even at this age, is clearly a better player than Morata.
Fully agreed. I'm gutted

Toad

Great player, had a great season for us and happy he came. Good to see he is still training at the club. Correct decision, just wasn't financially suitable.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Yaya Sanogo
From highly rated talent to being let go on a free.
Fryers also on the list. :keano:

blitz133w

Am sure there might be more people who agree with me but I just don't see it as a blow. Yes, he scored some crucial goals but our team was lacking attacking prowess by a mile and he carried us through tough times. But he's slow and and I was honestly surprised by the number of easy chances he's screwed up. We CANNOT be a world class team with him leading the line. His ego is too big to be on the bench. If we add more strikers then his presence will hold the team back.

Recruiting Zlatan was a master stroke by Mourinho because of the team's situation. We just didn't have a dependable striker and he got to be the main man. It's not gonna be the case again next year.

Overall, am glad he played for us and thank him for all the goals. But now that he's not gonna be here, it's not going to affect us in any way. There have been better strikers who have played in the red shirt who didn't get so much adulation.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Says a lot that despite being very frustrating at times, me personally not being that big of a fan prior to coming here, and having a career changing injury at 36, I still want to keep him for this upcoming season.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Well that was short lived. A singular season at United.

This means for sure you've got someone lined up. You'd have to be Liverpool to not do that, it's common sense.
Reckon it's Morata.

Also how how bad was his injury? Must be pretty serious for you to not even give him a chance to recover, was he guaranteed to miss X amount of games start of the new season?

Robertd0803

Been great having him at United, brought back a winning mentality that was sadly lacking in the team. Shame the injury occurred, I imagine he would have been kept besides that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That's a very sensible solution from both parties. It's essentially what I was hoping for but I expected us to have to pay him during the first 6 months. I think he has unfinished business here, genuinely loves playing for the club and the Premier League and doesn't think it was an appropriate end to his time here and in top flight football.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well that was short lived. A singular season at United.

This means for sure you've got someone lined up. You'd have to be Liverpool to not do that, it's common sense.
Reckon it's Morata.

Also how how bad was his injury? Must be pretty serious for you to not even give him a chance to recover, was he guaranteed to miss X amount of games start of the new season?
Would've been out until January, I believe.

settembrini

He was immense in the league cup final.

We were never going to extend his contract after that injury but he will go down in the history books as a good signing.

Man-United

If it's farewell already, very happy he proved all the people on this forum wrong that doubted him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
These sensationalist headlines are already annoying me, how can someone be released if they don't have a contract? Zlatan signed a 1 year deal and that's finished, we haven't let him go or any of this bollocks

We need an rvn

Hmmm. Looks like he will sign up for MLS or stay for 6 months at United after recovery.
Could be well played by the club. If our strikers are banging in the goals come xmas time and there's no need to sign him, then he can go off to MLS. If on the other hand we need him and he's been around the club helping out, then don't see why he wouldn't sign a short term deal.

Either way, the club is doing the right thing to help him get back to full fitness!!!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Any major players released from other clubs?
ARSENAL
Yaya Sanogo
Stefan O'Connor
Kristopher da Graca
Kostas Pileas

BOURNEMOUTH - TBC

BURNLEY - TBC

CHELSEA - TBC

CRYSTAL PALACE - TBC

EVERTON
Arouna Kone
Conor McAleny
Jack Bainbridge
Delial Brewster
Michael Donohue
Tyrone Duffus
Russell Griffiths
Connor Hunt
Josef Yarney
James Yates

HULL CITY - TBC

LEICESTER CITY - TBC

LIVERPOOL - TBC

MANCHESTER CITY
Willy Caballero
Jesus Navas
Gael Clichy
Bacary Sagna
Pablo Zabaleta

MANCHESTER UNITED
Z

MIDDLESBROUGH
Victor Valdes
Brad Guzan
Bradley Fewster
Niall McGoldrick
Lewis Maloney
Junior Mondal
Jo Wheatley
Nathan Convery
Brandon Holdsworth
Matthew Wilson

SOUTHAMPTON - TBC

STOKE
Daniel Bachmann
Shay Given
Liam Edwards
Harry Isted
Joel Taylor
George Waring
Harvey Read

SUNDERLAND - TBC

SWANSEA
Gerhard Tremmel
Marvin Emnes
Liam Shephard
Josh Vickers
Owain Jones
Tom Dyson
Tom Holland
Alex Samuel

TOTTENHAM - TBC

WATFORD
Rene Gilmartin
Mathias Ranegie
Ola Adeyemo
Charlie Bannister
Ogo Obi
Rhyle Ovenden
Josh Roe
Treon Johnson
Andrew Thomas

WEST BROM - TBC

WEST HAM
Alvaro Arbeloa
Sam Howes
Sam Ford
Kyle Knoyle
Sam Westley

el3mel

These sensationalist headlines are already annoying me, how can someone be released if they don't have a contract? Zlatan signed a 1 year deal and that's finished, we haven't let him go or any of this bollocks
Forget about the headline, I wanted the infographic.

vk20legend

Here is me hoping we sign him after he recovers from injury for the second half of the season. Could make a difference during the run in.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Eh, Larsson scored like 1 goal, Zlatan scored 28. No comparison.

Such a shame it had to end so soon, hopefully he will be fit after Xmas and available for the 2nd half run in.
take your point. But Larsson scored 3 goals in about 10 games

But you are right, his input often gets overatted for whatever reason