Farewell Zlatan! | Zlatan: "I came. I said. I conquered."

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Right decision for the club. Let him fully recover, then see if he's back to his best.

If he still has a part to play I'm sure we will give him a contract until the end of the season, why not?

Either way he did better than many of us expected. Well done Z.

Reynoldo

He'll sign a deal after he's recovered from his injury to the end of the season.
Yes. Unless I'm missing something isn't all this just captain obvious stuff, he's out of contract and injured so we won't offer him a new one until we see if he recovers which is what was always going to happen really. It just had to be announced now. None of this changes anything in terms of him doing his recovery with us nor us offering him another contract if/when he's fit.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Absolutely the correct call to make and thank Christ he never signed an extension before his injury

But I very much enjoyed his season. I was totally wrong about his character before his arrival and he reminded me a lot of Eric Cantona.

Martin(6)Buchan

Hey big man thanks for everything, wish you luck in your recovery and where ever you end up hope your just a bigger hit with them.

Shuriken

I'm more in line with this. That list is more of a formality here, as it hasn't changed anything. I think he'll play for us again next season, albeit not the full campaign nor from the start of it.

Devil may care

He gave us a good season and added some much needed character to the team, it's the right call though and I personally hope he heads off to the US in January, it's the right time and America will love him.

FacerTheRed

It's a shame that injury has upset his chances of signing a new contract, would of needed him for new season but the club made the right call. I hope he makes speedy recovery and get back to playing football, he's defiantly not done that's sure.

The United

Should have signed earlier the extension instead of letting his agent flirting with other clubs.

Can't say I am disappointed. We do need to mobe on anyway.

Was a very decent striker for us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
3 pages and not a single 'blessing in disguise' of note?

Thanks for everything Zlatan, such a huge character will be sorely missed in the dressing room, as will your many important goals scored throughout the season.

All the best for your recovery.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
We got what we needed from his signing, on the pitch and off. Fantastic player and one of the game's great characters - I'm glad he was there this year to bridge the team in Jose's first season. I think all the players greatly benefitted from having someone like him in the locker room and I hope they carry it forward.

Minimalist

It was over before we knew it.

Good lad. Was good to see him in a United shirt and he got a few medals for coming.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Would've been out until January, I believe.
Oh damn. That's a while. Good call on your part then, even if you don't have a replacement lined up.

Half the season! :eek:

stu_1992

Thanks for the season! Shame how it ended. The sentimental part of me hopes he can recover and play for us again at a high standard, if even for only for half a season. I don't think it will happen, but it's a shame to see Zlatan go out like this.

Castia

What a season. Thanks Zlatan.

For a first season in a new league playing for a struggling side it's amazing how he bagged 28 goals, would probably have hit 32-33 if not for the injury.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
A year that will live long in the memory of many fans, and that's ultimately one of the major reasons we all follow this club; the fantastic stories of individual brilliance leading to collective success.

He managed to encapsulate in one season everything we should, and have in the past, stood for but also what we've been missing ever since Ferguson left. I hope those he played with last season remember his mentality and desire, if our squad can take on even a percentage of that we will be winning more trophies in the years to come.

*Yes, I'm aware he hasn't died!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Gutted.

Shame he wasted a few years in a turd league he should've been in the premierleague much sooner.

Mike09

He will join us again I think. We will give him that CL medal. Come on United make it happen!!

mu4c_20le

Actually felt a tinge of sadness when i read this. Good luck Zlatan, thanks for the goals.

lopiop

Looks like Martial can get his no. 9 back. Hopefully he can kick on. Blessings in disguise and all. :D

DevilRed

Over the fecking moon that he is staying at the club.

You can bet your right bollock he will be offered a contract once he gets fit again. A timely boost midway through the season. Who knows, if you're looking at it optimistically then it could be the difference between a premier league title and another disappointing season.

Terminator

Scored 17 goals in the PL at the age of 35, damn impressive. Top player.

Uniquim

Any major players released from other clubs?
Might have missed someone, but here's a few that stand out:

Terry, John George - Chelsea
Koné, Arouna - Everton
Caballero, Lazcano Wilfredo Daniel - Man City
Clichy, Gael - Man City
Navas, Jesus - Man City
Sagna, Bacary - Man City
Zabaleta, Girod Pablo Javier - Man City
Ibrahimovic, Zlatan - Man Utd
Given, Shay John James - Stoke City
Anichebe, Victor Chinedu - Sunderland
Larsson, Sebastian Bengt Ulf - Sunderland
Lescott, Joleon Patrick - Sunderland
Pienaar, Steven - Sunderland

Ex-United Players
Campbell, Fraizer Lee - Crystal Palace
Fryers, Ezekiel David - Crystal Palace
O'Shea, John Francis - Sunderland
Fletcher, Darren Barr - West Bromwich Albion

[source]

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Completely what I expected. His own pride would probably insist on not picking up a wage during the recovery, but there was never any doubt that Mourinho and the guys would try to get him to stick around and do his recovery here. The only thing that nobody probably knows yet is whether he'll re-sign for us again next season when he does get fit, or if he'll move on. Personally I expect he will make his comeback with us next season, and then probably move on in the following season.

Bwuk

Bit gutted about this to be honest.

Probably the only outfield players to show leadership on the pitch this season bar Herrera. Think we will miss him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Completely what I expected. He continues recovery here and if fit gets signed in Jan for the latter half of the season and CL campaign. We save on wages and hedge against further injury risk, but benefit from his availability when fit. Everyone wins.