Television Fargo (tv series)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Danish version was the original - very good indeed.

I've watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 of True Detective and I've liked it so far.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
New season is gathering great reviews so far. Supposedly much better than the first season. Premieres this Monday.

gza the genius

I watched the first episode of season 2 last night, it definitely has me intrigued. Seems like it could turn out very good, and the reviews all seem to be very good as well.

Aliens!

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I watched the first episode of season 2 last night, it definitely has me intrigued. Seems like it could turn out very good, and the reviews all seem to be very good as well.

Aliens!

Me too, I thought it was way better than season 1.
Very quirkey like the film.

Drifter

American
Really enjoyed the first season apart from maybe the ending. The first episode of the new season left a few questions which will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Just watched the first episode of season 2, thought it was very good and will definitely be watching the next ones. Fat Jesse Plemmons looks a lot like Matt Damon.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Skinny Plemmons did too.

Also Skinny Plemmons is a terrible jazz drummers name. Or a forgotten 70s prog rock act.

I also liked the first episode. Though the odd stylistic flourishes at the beginning were a bit weird. Especially as they were promptly abandoned for the rest of the ep.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Skinny Plemmons did too.

Also Skinny Plemmons is a terrible jazz drummers name. Or a forgotten 70s prog rock act.

I also liked the first episode. Though the odd stylistic flourishes at the beginning were a bit weird. Especially as they were promptly abandoned for the rest of the ep.
Yeah definitely, and Meth Damon was such a perfect nickname, but Fat Plemmons (which is a great jazz saxophonist name) even more so:

But he's meant to be giving it to Kirsten, so fair play.

Donut

The new season has been excellent so far.

It captures the Fargo movie vibe much better than the first one, and it's just better overall in most aspects (and I quite liked the first one as well).

Cina

I thought season one started as strongly (with an immense first episode), if not stronger. It was only in the middle episodes that it turned to complete, idiotic shite. So I'll hold off on calling this brilliant until we get further in.

I also thought, for all the flaws of the first season, that Billy Bob was a much better villain than any of the current ones.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I thought BB Thornton's character was a tad 'overrated', I thought he was good but so far I'm enjoying the black gangster more than Billy Bob's character I think. I'm halfway through episode 3, really enjoying it so far though I agree with Cina, season 1 had also started very strongly (don't think it turned to 'complete, idiotic shite' but it definitely got a bit stupid in the middle).

Cina

I thought BB Thornton's character was a tad 'overrated', I thought he was good but so far I'm enjoying the black gangster more than Billy Bob's character I think. I'm halfway through episode 3, really enjoying it so far though I agree with Cina, season 1 had also started very strongly (don't think it turned to 'complete, idiotic shite' but it definitely got a bit stupid in the middle).
A fecking rain shower of fish fell down on a guy's car from the sky.

The black guy also seems like a bit of a cliché to me. I've Seen plenty of "look how calm and collected I am, and how nice I am when I interact with you, but you just know I'll feck you up" villains like him at this stage.

Cina

Yeah but Billy Bob is Billy fecking Bob and he wasn't a copy of Billy Bob.

Jaap

After having seen the first two epsiodes, it looks like it's going to match last season. Interesting characters, exquisite writing. A must-watch!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
A fecking rain shower of fish fell down on a guy's car from the sky.

The black guy also seems like a bit of a cliché to me. I've Seen plenty of "look how calm and collected I am, and how nice I am when I interact with you, but you just know I'll feck you up" villains like him at this stage.
Definitely get that same feeling from the black guy.

The fish falling is such a Cohen thing. It felt right to me. I'd like to think that it was also a nod to the Simpsons, specifically because RiP mentioned it.

Cina

Excellent episode this week.

I think this series is getting better and better whereas the first got worse and worse, which is good.

Ainu

Yeah the scene in the house with Meth Demon and Dunst was excellent, I thought.

Nick Offerman is brilliant, you vile scum.
:lol:

Not sure about Offerman's character. In the first episode he came across as a watered down Walter Sobchak.
Really enjoying it though. So far I like it better than the first season.

Cina

It's very good. I still think it lacks a great character like Billy-Bob but it's been far more consistent than the first series so far.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
It's good.

The whole buying the butchers/going to the seminar angle is random. I can't see at the moment why that is in the storyline.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Its excellent but series one was better, so I'm confused by the general opinion on here.

Cina

Series 1 definitely started better but it got pretty terrible in the middle episodes and didn't finish great either. This on the other hand keeps getting better.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Yeah I'm with Cina on this one. Season 1 got very silly in the middle and not much happened. This was, what? Episode 5? And it was maybe the strongest so far. I don't quite agree on it lacking a BB Thornton character, I wasn't that enthused by him in season 1 (I mean he was good but for me not as great as some felt), and I enjoy the balance of characters. I think Patrick Wilson's is great and I think that more or less everyone is giving strong performances.

Also, Bruce Campbell as Reagan! :lol: I watched the Fargo episode just after Ash vs. Evil Dead, was a bit of a shock :lol:

Cina

That was Bruce Campbell? :lol:

Yeah the acting has been very good. Wilson and Dunst in particular.