FC Barcelona 2015-16

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I would rest Iniesta, Alves, Suarez. Specially Suarez, he's missing too many easy chances lately. he's visibly tired, a res for him would do wonders. Atleast won't start the match with them.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The team are tired but I'm not sure that Luis' misses are all just down to fatigue, the best strikers in history all had cold spells where they failed to convert ones they normally would bury. Last night had all the anticipation an inevitable goal from Suarez since he never stays cold for too long.

Still they need to rotate and better integrate Arda, Vidal & Bartra along giving valuable sub minutes to Munir, Sandro & Vermaelen

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Neymar looked likea spring chicken yesterday, outsprinting everyone, darting left and right and full of ideas compared to his other amigos.

Messi and Suarez need a rest. Iniesta too, just so he can continue go into god mode in the big games.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
*I thought Sanchez did well for the dribbling away from his markers quite a few times, what let him down for me was his passing, it was way off! I think at one stage he didn't find his man 4 or 5 times in a row and that was from short passes or stupid decision making.

**Ozil for me doesn't turn up in big games, just watch any top PL game this season. At times in some of those games it was like Arsenal were playing with 10 men.
Ozil's been much better than Sanchez this season, big games included.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
*I thought Sanchez did well for the dribbling away from his markers quite a few times, what let him down for me was his passing, it was way off! I think at one stage he didn't find his man 4 or 5 times in a row and that was from short passes or stupid decision making.

**Ozil for me doesn't turn up in big games, just watch any top PL game this season. At times in some of those games it was like Arsenal were playing with 10 men.
What have you been watching this season. Ozil has been miles better than Sanchez in nearly all games (including the big games)

RedStarUnited

The whole Barcelona team seems comfortable on the ball and fully trusts one another. The amount of times they get out of a squeeze with easy is amazing.

We might want to play possession and all that but we all know Blind cant trust Smalling with the ball. And alternatively Smalling cant trust Morgans touch will stick and it goes on and on...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I wasn't comparing the two of their seasons, I was commenting on them vs Barcelona.

Ozil for me doesn't turn up in big games, just watch any top PL game this season
Fair enough
That line is actually incorrect though.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I suppose they play every game not just because of their incredible individual abilities and understanding but also due to the lack of quality that could replace them. They do lack the depth and if a couple of them get injured, there is a chance of them struggling against good teams.

ottosec

I don't think that they are that good as a team, but their forward line is just exceptional. I can't remember a time when a team had the 3 best players in the world playing for them at the same time. They also don't seem to have big egos, which is very rare on such talented players.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I can't decide between Bravo and ter Stegan. None of them deserve to be dropped.
Don't recall when we had such quality keepers at same time. Don't think most teams have such luxury.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Has to be Mats - Bravo is an elite keeper but he's very poor in terms of playing the ball with his feet. This was inevitable, IMHO. Can't keep two excellent keepers in the same competitive squad and expect them to be happy longterm

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've always felt Bravo was the more assured of the two. I've seen Stegen look nervy at times whereas Bravo has always been rock solid. Stegen has improved this season?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I've always felt Bravo was the more assured of the two. I've seen Stegen look nervy at times whereas Bravo has always been rock solid. Stegen has improved this season?
Dealing with pressure on the ball, for me, there's no contest that Mats is basically an outfield player compared to Bravo - equally adept with both feet. Command of his area, I think it's only natural that young keepers show more nerviness than a veteran but I never have any concerns with him in goal.

With Valdes, early in his career, there was always a concern about set pieces and leaving his line to deal with crosses - in that regard both Bravo & Mats have similar strengths. Curious how their numbers compare but, the combo of youth & ability on the ball make the German the preferred keeper, for me

Edit. Found the stats for both

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Might be the wrong place to post this but CAFU vs Dani alves; who do you regard as better?
Even Dani cites Cafu as the greatest but Dani's accomplishments (Cafu benefitted with better teammates with the Selecção) with club dward the legend. Even Cafu cited Alves as his natural heir, whatever that means

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Barca increase their annual donation to UNICEF to two millions euros per year.

Last edited:

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Even Dani cites Cafu as the greatest but Dani's accomplishments (Cafu benefitted with better teammates with the Selecção) with club dward the legend. Even Cafu cited Alves as his natural heir, whatever that means
Interesting. For all dani alves attacking ability; his defensive abilities have overtaken them now. Especially when you compare him to someone like Marcelo.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Nice stats. But it has physically taken a toll on the players Hope we can recover soon.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
According to whoscored.com rating, Barcelona are behind Madrid and PSG (though marginally). It's odd that RM are like 12 points behind Barca at this stage and looking at this ratings.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Cafu comfortably
Agreed, Cafu is the GOAT in the RB position, his world cup record, club record and attributes absolutely insane, even in the latter stages of his career still could run the flanks like an 18 year old.

shows how lucky Milan were to have 2 GOATs in their team in Maldini and Cafu at one period.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Rakitic has been such a terrific signing for them. An allround top midfielder at the age of 26 entering his prime years, already proven in La Liga, for just 18-20m euros.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
36 match unbeaten streak, even more remarkable when you consider a number of factors that do not show up in the streak. One, they are coming off a treble season and having played more matches than any club in European football last season. Two, they had no preseason. Three, they had more than 2 months of their schedule so intense that they were averaging a match every 3 days (And already playing the most matches of any club in Europe, this season). The normal & all too understandable complacency that can arise in a team that has won & played so much already - there is an insatiable appetite for winning among the players

They now get a week's rest, the first time since some time in December

Shape and passing vs Arsenal.

That really shows how important that link with Alves is to Messi's game.

Im also surprised Iniesta has a relatively low pass number. Would have been great to see that graphic when Xavi was around.