FC Barcelona 2015-16

Eddy_JukeZ

Luis Enrique is a very good manager imo

Since that loss vs Real Sociedad last season, they've really turned it around.

It'll be interesting to see how Turan is integrated into the team.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Luis Enrique is a very good manager imo

Since that loss vs Real Sociedad last season, they've really turned it around.

It'll be interesting to see how Turan is integrated into the team.
I was just thinking about Arda, Vidal as well. The good is that they've been practicing together for some time, just not allowed to play in matches - so chemistry & formations are being worked out already. It'll make for an interesting 2nd half to the season

Supports
Barcelona
I totally forgot about that. I gotta say though, Barca has been incredibly lucky that only Messi got an injury and not even a very severe one. Imagine if 2 out Neymar, Suarez and Messi were regularly injured..
What the .... ?

We had like 14 injuries this season including the whole midfield.. Iniesta, Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Messi ....oh and Neymar catching Mumps FGS!!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Guys, it's not that hard to understand what I mean? You always had 2 out of Neymar, Suarez and Messi playing in your frontline with Rafinha being the next best offensive player. Munir and Sandro have not showed anything of significance. You always had a good back-up for defenders and decent back-up for the central midfield but hardly offensive quality on the bench besides Rafinha.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Guys, it's not that hard to understand what I mean? You always had 2 out of Neymar, Suarez and Messi playing in your frontline with Rafinha being the next best offensive player. Munir and Sandro have not showed anything of significance. You always had a good back-up for defenders and decent back-up for the central midfield but hardly offensive quality on the bench besides Rafinha.
I hope Turan fulfills that role. In any case, no proper forward would like to come to Barca knowing he would have to sit on bench. pedro left just for the same reason. When you have a front 3 like that, it's something we have to live with.
And yes, Munir and Sandro have wasted their chances this season. A real dissapointment for fans.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I hope Turan fulfills that role. In any case, no proper forward would like to come to Barca knowing he would have to sit on bench. pedro left just for the same reason. When you have a front 3 like that, it's something we have to live with.
And yes, Munir and Sandro have wasted their chances this season. A real dissapointment for fans.
With Turan and Aleix Vidal you guys have a very good bench and I foresee an excellent second half of the season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just remembered not hey still have Arda Turan who is a very good player. Ridiculous pool of talent.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
So, a few recent interesting updates.

Sergi Guardiola signed for Barca B Then reddit found some offensive tweets from this guy about Barca/Catalonia/Messi. Barca rescinded the contract few hours after the contract was agreed. Don't think he's related to Pep in anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Barca/comments/3yk3mp/our_new_b_team_signing_sergi_guardiola_hala/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...i-Guardiola-contract-hours-after-signing.html

Also we hear that Arda Turan would be given jersey # 7.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I totally forgot Barca can play Arda and Aleix Vidal, that's great depth.

Womp

idiot
They are immense, even though they are head and shoulders above just about every other team on the planet they're still not staying still. Even with a transfer ban they're strengthening. :lol:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The power of twitter there with respect to Sergi Guardiola. Absolutely amateurish from the Barcelona board to have failed to perform their due diligence in the first place as they were pretty inflammatory tweets. At least they did the appropriate thing by rescinding the contract hours later but only after there was a twitter backlash. Kid tried to apologize and then claim it wasn't him making the tweets - he'd have people believe someone not only got a hold of his phone once but on a several different occasions over different years. Gotta own your shite and he lied in order to give some damage control to his idiocy. Lesson learned, watch what you post

#7 for Turan, odd number tbh since Arda won't be a winger but #16 & soon, in all likelihood #2 would be options too. I'm looking ahead to Deulo's possible return but #17 will probably be freed by then too. Should be interesting to see what Vidal & Turan will bring to the squad if not one other signing this winter

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Nolito and Denis Suárez likely to be annouced soon, probably next week.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So they have MSN and as backups they have Arda Turan, Nolito and Denis Suarez? Not fair...

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
So they have MSN and as backups they have Arda Turan, Nolito and Denis Suarez? Not fair...
I have doubts on Nolito deal, may not get him this time. I think we can sign 3 players in this winter period, 2 already done. So it's either Nolito or Denis Suarez. Denis Suarez more likely as he won't cost anything. Nolito might come if Celta agress for a loan move, unlikely. Maybe next summer for Nolito.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html

What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?

A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2016.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I have doubts on Nolito deal, may not get him this time. I think we can sign 3 players in this winter period, 2 already done. So it's either Nolito or Denis Suarez. Denis Suarez more likely as he won't cost anything. Nolito might come if Celta agress for a loan move, unlikely. Maybe next summer for Nolito.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html
Wouldn't it be better for Denis Suarez to play week in week out for Villarreal?

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Wouldn't it be better for Denis Suarez to play week in week out for Villarreal?
Yes, good for him definitely. But we need all the help we can during this business end. I hear that Celta are unwilling to part with Nolito unless we pay release clause of 18m now. And from what I understand Barca don't want to pay now unless they move some players like Adriano, Douglas :lol: etc.,

Adisa

I thought you couldn't buy players from the same league in the January window in Spain?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
What is going on with your second team at the moment? Sounds like chaos.
It's been going on for several years with this board, it's absolutely chaotic but largely ignored/overlooked due to the 1st team's success. For diehard cules, like myself however, it is a source of considerable disappointment. I worry for the club's future

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
It's been going on for several years with this board, it's absolutely chaotic but largely ignored/overlooked due to the 1st team's success. For diehard cules, like myself however, it is a source of considerable disappointment. I worry for the club's future
Hmmm.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Couple of records from earlier's match. Equalled the 2010/2011 28 match unbeaten run, a club record. It was also Luis Enrique's 100th game with the club, winning 80 of them! Messi also won his 250th La Liga game, making him only second behind Dani Alves (267) as the most wins for non-spanish players.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Couple of records from earlier's match. Equalled the 2010/2011 28 match unbeaten run, a club record. It was also Luis Enrique's 100th game with the club, winning 80 of them! Messi also won his 250th La Liga game, making him only second behind Dani Alves (267) as the most wins for non-spanish players.
Who's first including Spanish players...Xavi? Casillas?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not bad
What is your fans perception of him. It irks me slightly that he gets zero hype for what he has achieved but I am not sure how highly rated he is by his own fans.

Could he come to a club like Chelsea and make the EPL contenders or is he at the right club at the right time? he seems so chilled and likeable.. and rarely makes the wrong calls.

Adisa

His Vigo side was very impressive.
What's with Rafinha? Haven't seen him in ages.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
What is your fans perception of him. It irks me slightly that he gets zero hype for what he has achieved but I am not sure how highly rated he is by his own fans.

Could he come to a club like Chelsea and make the EPL contenders or is he at the right club at the right time? he seems so chilled and likeable.. and rarely makes the wrong calls.
I think he's brilliant. Sure, he's had excellent players to work with but we've seen at other clubs where the manager in charge has excellent players to work with and the team doesn't fulfill their potential. Rightly or wrongly, the lack of hype he receives probably comes down the perceptions people have of Barcelona managers and how influential they are in the teams success. I hope he stays as long as Guardiola does preferably even longer.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
He tweaked the systems enough to make it hard for teams. We don't play with as much midfield control as Pep's team did, but he has somewhat compensated that with more directness in our approach. We now move the ball from defense to attack much faster and our away record on CL games have improved. For all of Pep's brilliance, he never had a very good away record on CL. I somehow believe that this team is better playing against tougher opposition than Pep's team. His 6-0 against Simeone shows he doesn't experiment much, sticks to basics and gets the job done. Even after all criticism he kept playing Roberto, and now he's one of the most improved players this season. Hope Samper have a similar break through season soon.