FC Bayern 16/17 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
He's had a couple of great seasons now, I guess, but I've also seen him getting completely destroyed by the deadly tandem of Ashley Young and Fellaini, back under van Gaal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's pretty much all physique. For that price too... I know you're in need of a RB but it's not to the extent that City are. Let them pay the extortionate fee.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
So, Kyle Walker twittered that he's moving to Bayern but the tweet was deleted pretty fast. Regardless of if it's true or his account was hacked, what do people think on here? Would you want him?
Whenever i've seen him he looked a bit all muscles, zero brain'ish. So he doesn't really convince me.
do not want.

Claude Makélélé

They was great against Real for the first half of first leg at Allianz Arena. Really good football and dominance. But then from the second half of that match all went wrong for them :D They collapsed so quick.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
After having Lahm occupying the RB spot for a good part of a decade, Bayern fans will be in for a rude shock with Walker. Don't think Bayern would be silly enough to go for him. How's Kimmich doing anyway? Thought he was earmarked as Lahm's successor or is he playing in midfield?

saivet

Did anyone see this alleged tweet?

To be honest, I rate Walker. Not an elite right back, but in a team that is on the front foot most of the time, he could be an asset.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
After having Lahm occupying the RB spot for a good part of a decade, Bayern fans will be in for a rude shock with Walker. Don't think Bayern would be silly enough to go for him. How's Kimmich doing anyway? Thought he was earmarked as Lahm's successor or is he playing in midfield?
Ancelotti doesn't seem to be interested in developing young players :(

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Did anyone see this alleged tweet?

To be honest, I rate Walker. Not an elite right back, but in a team that is on the front foot most of the time, he could be an asset.
A screenshot of that tweet is there on various sites. It reads like a reply to someone, and allegely was deleted again after 5 minutes.

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/t...le-walker-von-tottenham-hotspurs-8207715.html

For some reasons, it seems to have featured mostly on some German sites which I find a bit strange considering the number of British and international online publications strongly devoted to transfer news of varying quality, who I would expect to jump on something like this.
I can't actually find a single English outlet reporting it, even if I tell google to only search English sites.

And then, I never know whether the people reporting actually saw the actual tweet, on twitter, during the 5 minutes it supposedly existed, or if they only saw the screenshot we can also see. Because nothing easier than fabricating a tweet screenshot, obviously.

So I'm going to say that the whole thing is some random hoax which some German media, who are a bit slow to react to our new social media environment and its intricacies, fell prey to.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
maybe Tuchel is available. I'd still love to get him :drool:
If he managed to completely fall out with the Mainz DoF and then the entire BVB board including their fecking chief scout, what could possibly go wrong at Bayern? :wenger::drool:

KingofNYC

Walker is significantly better than Kimmich at RB. Problem is german fans realize that bayern will lose their german identity soon, so they insist Kimmich start because he is literally the only young german player that has a shot to make it at bayern (unless guadino does).

Muller is benched, lahm is retiring, the only starters are Hummels and neuer (maybe sule/boateng).

Bayern is becoming more of an international team, than a German team.

Starters:

2 spainards, 1 austrian, 1 polish, 1 chilean, 1 french, 1 dutch and 2 germans.

With alonso and lahm retiring, 2 spots are open. Many fans want Kimmich, but in reality, I doubt Carlo does and if the board buys for example, walker/semedo and verratti/james, bayern will literally have only 2 german players in their starting 11.

Last edited:

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Walker is significantly better than Kimmich at RB. Problem is german fans realize that bayern will lose their german identity soon, so they insist Kimmich start because he is literally the only young german player that has a shot to make it at bayern (unless guadino does).

Muller is benched, lahm is retiring, the only starters are Hummels and neuer (maybe sule/boateng).
Ummm... what?

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling

Bayern is becoming more of an international team, than a German team.

Starters:

2 spainards, 1 austrian, 1 polish, 1 chilean, 1 french, 1 dutch and 2 germans.

With alonso and lahm retiring, 2 spots are open. Many fans want Kimmich, but in reality, I doubt Carlo does and if the board buys for example, walker/semedo and verratti/james, bayern will literally have only 2 german players in their starting 11.
So to how many german fans (Bayern München fans i suppose?) did you talk to to come to that conclusion? BM for many years now has been a team with a small german core and many international additions. Just look at their CL winning team from 2001 for example. The BM fans I know don't really care about nationalities as long as there's success.
With Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Kimmich, Süle, Rudy and Müller they will have a german core of decent quality for the upcoming seasons and will surely try to add more quality if available.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
that bollocks about "FC Germany" and needing a core of german players is thankfully a thing of the past. Players like Ribery or Alaba are more part of Bayerns identity than Toni Kroos ever was.
The supporters don't check passports. They have a very fine nose to tell a mercenary from someone who really gives a tiny feck about the club.

btw the local media are going nuts about possible transfer targets. Allegedly, we are going to sign Sanchez, Modric, Griezmann, Mbappe and Walker. :devil:

Last edited:

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
that bollocks about "FC Germany" and needing a core of german players is thankfully a thing of the past. Players like Ribery or Alaba are more part of Bayerns identity than Toni Kroos ever was.
The supporters don't check passports. They have a very fine nose to tell a mercenary from someone who really gives a tiny feck about the club.

btw the local media are going nuts about possible transfer targets. Allegedly, we are going to sign Sanchez, Modric, Griezmann, Mbappe and Walker. :devil:
Strong possibility of Sanchez IMO, would be deadly on the wings. Modric and Vidal midfield? :drool: Although what would happen to Lewa or Mueller in this hypothetical transfer window with Mbappe's arrival I wonder..

Womp

idiot

I find it highly unlikely Bayern would pay the money required for Griezmann or Mbappe. I don't see Madrid selling Modric to a European rival, either. Walker and Sanchez I can see happening, think you can do better than Walker though.

Bwuk

Walker would be a good signing for Bayern. Bayern spend 90% of there games dominating, he'd just be flying down the wing.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Strong possibility of Sanchez IMO, would be deadly on the wings. Modric and Vidal midfield? :drool: Although what would happen to Lewa or Mueller in this hypothetical transfer window with Mbappe's arrival I wonder..
i could see a move for Modric (31) as our boards idea of a long-term plan to rebuild and juvenite the squad...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

I consider Ribery, Alaba and Robben Bavarian.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Walker is not good enough for Bayern's ambitions. If they sign him they can forget about winning the CL for a while.

KingofNYC

So to how many german fans (Bayern München fans i suppose?) did you talk to to come to that conclusion? BM for many years now has been a team with a small german core and many international additions. Just look at their CL winning team from 2001 for example. The BM fans I know don't really care about nationalities as long as there's success.
With Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Kimmich, Süle, Rudy and Müller they will have a german core of decent quality for the upcoming seasons and will surely try to add more quality if available.
Bayern core consisted of neuer, bastian, boateng, lahm, muller, kroos and even mario gomez.

Next season, there is a good chance Bayern will field 2 german starters......

From all the reports, bayern will buy an Am this summer (100 percent non german) and a potential CM to replace Alonso and a new RB.

plex

I don't think that Bayern is going for Walker, there are also rumours about some Italian RB like Mattia De Sciglio or Andrea Conti. Both of them are defensively better than Walker and would also presumably cost less. There is still the possibility that Kimmich plays as a RB, at least that's what the officials have said. I'm pretty sure that the board is looking for a Ribery/Robben replacement, Sanchez might be one of the options.

Righteous Steps

Walker is very good, is he good enough for Bayern, why not?

Some English bias taking place here again, how many rbs in the world are better than Walker?

Varun

Staff
I don't think that Bayern is going for Walker, there are also rumours about some Italian RB like Mattia De Sciglio or Andrea Conti. Both of them are defensively better than Walker and would also presumably cost less. There is still the possibility that Kimmich plays as a RB, at least that's what the officials have said. I'm pretty sure that the board is looking for a Ribery/Robben replacement, Sanchez might be one of the options.
Also linked with Hysaj I believe.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern has deeper problems than to decide whether they should hire player A or player B.

The team is desperately in need of an infusion of a few younger players with potential, but there is an uncertainty whether it makes sense to spend big money on such players if the coach isn't interested in developing them. According to local (usually well-informed) news sources, that is a question currently being discussed by the Bayern board.

in my opinion, if that question is even being raised, the answer is already given. The only question is how to part ways in a fashion that doesn't damage either party.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'd be very interested to see how Walker would do there. Hope it's true.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
Bayern core consisted of neuer, bastian, boateng, lahm, muller, kroos and even mario gomez.

Next season, there is a good chance Bayern will field 2 german starters......

From all the reports, bayern will buy an Am this summer (100 percent non german) and a potential CM to replace Alonso and a new RB.
That's true. There might be games where only two german players will start for them, and I expect that to be games with at least one CB of Hummels or Boateng injured/out of form. As long as both stay fit them and Neuer should be pretty much guaranteed to start given their quality, and those three being the only Germans in the starting 11 would be perfectly fine. I really don't understand why you would portrait this as a problem unless you yourself have a problem with it.
The Bayern fans I know which are quite a lot (I live in Munich) simply don't care about that "Bavarian/German identity" thing as long as the football on display is good enough. If Bayern want to compete for the CL title and german players won't enable them to do so, those fans will gladly accept foreign players as long as they are willing to respect the club and look like they really want to be there, like Robben, Ribery or Alaba have been doing for example, so the amount of foreigners in the team really shouldn't be anything that could cause some sort of foul mood among Bayern's supporters.

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
The foreign players thing and Bayern losing its Bavarian, or was it German?, identity, bla bla bla, is the proverbial pig that's chased through the village every once in a while by the media, when the transfer period nears or squad changes are imminent.
Neither the board nor the fans care about it, really, the only thing the board cares about in connection to nationalities is to avoid too much formation of separate cliques, i.e. a basic functioning of squad and team in terms of relationships and communications.

What's more, it's always a lot of BS in these discussions involved. For example, why would a fish head like Kroos be more Bavarian than Alaba, or Ancelotti for that matter, what with Munich being the most northern city of Italy?
Effenberg, Ballack, Fink, Jeremies, none of those is Bavarian. Matthäus, a proud and prime example of a Franconian. Rarely has Bayern, at least this side of the 90s, been as Bavarian as in recent times, with Lahm, Müller, Badstuber.

Bayern has always had loads of players, and coaches mind you, from other countries, and making all those diverse people wear Lederhosen for some occasions is what's actually at the core of Bayern identity. In that vein, Thiago for example makes a fine species of a Bayern player.

SirMattBugsby

Bayern has deeper problems than to decide whether they should hire player A or player B.

The team is desperately in need of an infusion of a few younger players with potential, but there is an uncertainty whether it makes sense to spend big money on such players if the coach isn't interested in developing them. According to local (usually well-informed) news sources, that is a question currently being discussed by the Bayern board.

in my opinion, if that question is even being raised, the answer is already given. The only question is how to part ways in a fashion that doesn't damage either party.
Surely such a situation can be managed without parting ways with Ancelotti? (I'm assuming that's what you meant). For example, if the board decides to buy a young promising right-back, Ancelotti will have no choice but to rotate him with Rafinha.

On the other hand, developing young talent along with Champions League ambitions is a fine balancing act. Ancelotti wasn't brought in to develop talent in the first place. It's a bit like us complaining about LvG even though we all knew what we'd get.

If Bayern do have a chance to acquire talented youngsters this summer, the board should perhaps think about loaning them for a season. Then perhaps go for Tuchel next year and continue the 'coach-manager' cycle.

But before that, let Ancelotti have atleast this summer his way. He knows what it takes to win CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.