FC Bayern 16/17 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofNYC

Honestly, in terms of league play it doesn't really matter. Bayern could sign just Sule and Rudy and they win the league without any question.

If Bayern want to win again, they really need to sign a legit RB and attacker. Not convert Kimmich to RB and force Muller onto the team somehow. Watch Kimmich play as a defender last season in the champs league and see how exposed he was every single time. Bundesliga is no competition. Freaking alaba + kimmich as makeshift CBs broke the bundesliga record for goals allowed in one season with alonso as their DM.

RBS? semedo, walker or aurier/belgian
AMs? Isco, james or sanchez

Forget this nonsense of Brandt that is being put out there. Brandt isn't even better than Coman or Costa.

Carlo should use his RM connections to get one of the bench players to bayern

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
some news from the media:

- Holger Badstuber: the injury-plaged CB is currently out on loan at Schalke. With the arrival of Süle and Boateng, Hummels and Martinez available, he is surplus to requirements in Munich and it was thought he might stay at Schalke. Today Schalke stated they would not make a move to offer him a contract. So he will return to Munich end of season, but his future is unclear.

- Jerome Boateng: apparently was unhappy with his recent role as backup behind Hummels/Martinez. Said he was going to talk to the management.

- Alexis Sanchez: According to AZ/Merkur, Bayern won the recruitment race for him.

my comment: If they let Boateng move and dispose of Badstuber, they managed to ruin in a very short time a lot of things that cost years to build.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
some news from the media:

- Holger Badstuber: the injury-plaged CB is currently out on loan at Schalke. With the arrival of Süle and Boateng, Hummels and Martinez available, he is surplus to requirements in Munich and it was thought he might stay at Schalke. Today Schalke stated they would not make a move to offer him a contract. So he will return to Munich end of season, but his future is unclear.

- Jerome Boateng: apparently was unhappy with his recent role as backup behind Hummels/Martinez. Said he was going to talk to the management.

- Alexis Sanchez: According to AZ/Merkur, Bayern won the recruitment race for him.

my comment: If they let Boateng move and dispose of Badstuber, they managed to ruin in a very short time a lot of things that cost years to build.
AZ are merely quoting Le Parisien though with regards to Alexis, no? Doesn't seem like substantial news to me.

I had the feeling Boateng might become a topic of transfer discussion back in fall when he had that public argument with Rummenigge, which was pretty noteworthy. Carlo clearly prefered Hummels/Martinez, though the reason for this might be Boateng's injury and fitness problems this season.

Apart from his physical state, I don't think Boateng played a good season either. We need him to get back to his best, and should obviously not sell him, but I wonder whether crazy money from City might turn his head as well as the board's. It seems pretty obvious he got along better with Pep than he did with Ancelotti so far.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
fully fit, Boatengs playmaking and positional play is on par with that of Hummels, he is way faster and he is at least as good in 1:1s. Not to mention the size of his head is significantly smaller. Hummels main advantage might be his standing in the team, but the number of his old buddies (Lahm, Schweini, Müller...) is diminishing.

Compared to Martinez, he is superior in all aspects, Martinez really shines in DM/destroyer-mode.
It'd be absolut madness to piss him off, imo.

BTW: Kicker says Sanches could be free to leave if he presents a buyer who is reimbursing Bayern.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
fully fit, Boatengs playmaking and positional play is on par with that of Hummels, he is way faster and he is at least as good in 1:1s. Not to mention the size of his head is significantly smaller. Hummels main advantage might be his standing in the team, but the number of his old buddies (Lahm, Schweini, Müller...) is diminishing.

Compared to Martinez, he is superior in all aspects, Martinez really shines in DM/destroyer-mode.
It'd be absolut madness to piss him off, imo.

BTW: Kicker says Sanches could be free to leave if he presents a buyer who is reimbursing Bayern.
:lol:

I can't think of a more impulse buy than that. So glad United didn't get him.

Blind

Is there any sign of Martinez moving back to midfield? Martinez, Vidal and Thiago has the balance and quality to match any midfield in Europe.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Is there any sign of Martinez moving back to midfield? Martinez, Vidal and Thiago has the balance and quality to match any midfield in Europe.
Rummenigge or Hoeness mentioned it a while ago but he hasn't played there since the 0:4 against Madrid i think.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
However you judge the transfer, it definitively was NOT an impulse buy. Like, not at all.
I read somewhere recently that he was an "Ancelotti approved" transfer, and that Ancelottis lack of determination to work with him (Coaches like Pep or LvG used to schedule individual sessions with certain players) caused some irrritation for certain board members. Anyone else heard that, too?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I read somewhere recently that he was an "Ancelotti approved" transfer, and that Ancelottis lack of determination to work with him (Coaches like Pep or LvG used to schedule individual sessions with certain players) caused some irrritation for certain board members. Anyone else heard that, too?
I haven't, no. That the transfer was approved by Ancelotti goes without saying, though the question is how much involved Ancelotti was and how much of an opinion he contributed.

Also, I read (and saw videos of it) Gerland trained extra with Renato quite a lot.
The stuff I don't get is rather, if our assistant coach leaves in midseason, and then the other assistant (Gerland) is transfered to head of youth development, it sure sounds like there's a huge vacuum at coaching level.
Ancelotti doesn't need to do extra coaching session with youngsters, but someone has to be there who does.

We neither have a proper assistant manager nor a DoF, at present. I can't really take Carlo's son quite that seriously, I'm sure he's doing a good job, but you know.

In the meantime, Uli is making speeches in Liechtenstein, of all places, proclaiming that he went to prison willingly and out of his own choosing. I thought it could be ok to have him back but it isn't. Allowing him to take over a leading position at the club again was a huge, epic mistake. Casualties so far include Sammer, and Lahm as DoF.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I haven't, no. That the transfer was approved by Ancelotti goes without saying, though the question is how much involved Ancelotti was and how much of an opinion he contributed.
I'm pretty sure Acelottis stance is: Gimme some good players and i will win stuff. I am guessing in that sense, he is much more to Hoeness' liking than Pep (or van Gaal), who had very specific ideas *what kind of players* they wanted to have *their idea of football* played.
I thought the old boys Hoeness and Rummenigge had learned their lesson, but these weeks the papers are full of shyte like Rummenigge deciding which position Kimmich is going to take... they will never learn.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout

Also, I read (and saw videos of it) Gerland trained extra with Renato quite a lot.
The stuff I don't get is rather, if our assistant coach leaves in midseason, and then the other assistant (Gerland) is transfered to head of youth development, it sure sounds like there's a huge vacuum at coaching level.
Ancelotti doesn't need to do extra coaching session with youngsters, but someone has to be there who does.

We neither have a proper assistant manager nor a DoF, at present. I can't really take Carlo's son quite that seriously, I'm sure he's doing a good job, but you know.

In the meantime, Uli is making speeches in Liechtenstein, of all places, proclaiming that he went to prison willingly and out of his own choosing. I thought it could be ok to have him back but it isn't. Allowing him to take over a leading position at the club again was a huge, epic mistake. Casualties so far include Sammer, and Lahm as DoF.
Isn't he just a nutritionist for the squad? I remember watching an interview of Ancelotti in Italian where he kept mentioning his son's role as a nutritionist.

KingofNYC

Remember all the bayern fans that wanted pep's head.

Now, they got Carlo, they want pep back? The irony.

Reminds me when bayern fans wanted to sell thiago, when thiago is essentially bayern's best player (outfield)

Blackwidow

Remember all the bayern fans that wanted pep's head.

Now, they got Carlo, they want pep back? The irony.

Reminds me when bayern fans wanted to sell thiago, when thiago is essentially bayern's best player (outfield)
There is all sorts of fans. Some just see results. Pep for sure is not perfect - he is a maniac for perfection and that has disadvantages, too. But his biggest achievement for the club is not just that you have a new Carbonara recipe...

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Still happy Pep is gone, can't stand him.
Thiago played half a good season in now four years at Bayern, so it's not surprising that people wanted him gone before his performance improved. Bayern's best player? yeah...

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
I enjoyed Pep at Bayern, particularly his tactical experiments. They were so varied in the way they attacked, so much diversity to their play, especially in his last season. Even though it didn't end well, I really enjoyed that Match vs Atletico in Munich and personally thought they had the best team in Europe.

I think if he had stayed longer, at least two more seasons, he would have finally delivered the CL.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
The Boateng situation will be interesting to monitor. Him and the Bayern higher-ups don´t seem on the same page anymore. If Ancelotti fancies Hummels and Martinez plus Sule in-coming, I could see Bayern elect to sell Boateng to finance a large part of their expected spending spree. Could see him go to Barcelona or re-unite with Pep and City.

KingofNYC

Imagine if Thiago was on Barcelona or Real madrid....

Thiago-Modric or

Messi
Busquets-Thiago

Rather than playing on a team on their last legs.

RooneyLegend

How's the atmosphere around Bayern so negative even though they were a poor reffing performance away from beating Real Madrid?

Varun

Staff
How's the atmosphere around Bayern so negative even though they were a poor reffing performance away from beating Real Madrid?
High standards which will probably see them go out and strengthen substantially this summer. Gotta like that.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
I wonder what Verratti's agent is trying to achieve by talking about Bayern and Ancelotti all the time. He extended his contract recently, so it can't be about money. Does he want to pressure PSG into investing more in the team again? I don't really think there's a chance of him moving to Bayern, so what's that all about?

Womp

idiot
I wonder what Verratti's agent is trying to achieve by talking about Bayern and Ancelotti all the time. He extended his contract recently, so it can't be about money. Does he want to pressure PSG into investing more in the team again? I don't really think there's a chance of him moving to Bayern, so what's that all about?
Most likely. He's spoken alot about how much he wants to win the Champions League, so that could well be the reason.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
maybe Tuchel is available. I'd still love to get him :drool:
If he managed to completely fall out with the Mainz DoF and then the entire BVB board including their fecking chief scout, what could possibly go wrong at Bayern? :wenger::drool:
I've slept on it a few more nights and I'm now comepletely with you. Let's get Tuchel.
The BVB board are throwing him under the bus and installing Favre. We should get him. I can't forget the fantatic football he made BVB play all this time.
I love Ancelotti as a person, but he has offered nothing as Bayern coach. Nothing special at all.
We all waited for season crunchtime, because that was supposed to be Carlo's thing, and at season crunch time we played like shit.
That we got cheated on top of that can't displace the fact that there were long stretches against Real where we played shockingly, on the brink of total collapse.
What about that Ribéry sub? What about starting Alonso when we needed to win at the Bernabeu, despite the 4-2-3-1 with Müller being evidently are far more creative and productive formation for us? And then we STILL can't defend to save our lives?

He falls out with Ribéry and yet doesn't give meaningful time for Costa and Coman. Boateng on the verge of an exit. Kimmich on the verge of an exit. Sanches doesn't play all season. Standard subs after 75 minutes:Bernat for Alaba or Rafinha for Lahm.

Yeah, no. We can sack Carlo for all I care, he hasn't produced anything worthwile. Tuchel won't do worse, and if he does, it will be far more entertaining.

Last year we wouldn't have dreamed that Tuchel would become available so easily. Well, he's there for the taking.

Last edited:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Guardiola suggested to the Bayern board to hire Tuchel as his successor because he follows similar football philosophy as his. They decided not to follow this path so i think Tuchel @ Bayern is a closed topic now. He will probably wait for a good offer from England. And Bayern should consider Nagelsmann as their next coach probably one year from now on (Ancelotti lasts no more than 2 years at a club since his AC Milan days were over)

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Guardiola suggested to the Bayern board to hire Tuchel as his successor because he follows similar football philosophy as his. They decided not to follow this path so i think Tuchel @ Bayern is a closed topic now. He will probably wait for a good offer from England. And Bayern should consider Nagelsmann as their next coach probably one year from now on (Ancelotti lasts no more than 2 years at a club since his AC Milan days were over)
How is that supposed to have gone down? When Pep announced his decision to leave Bayern, Tuchel had just become BVB coach 5 months earlier. He wasn't available, quite simply, nothing to do with following a path or not. Besides, Tuchel surely did not have to be pointed out to our board, by Pep.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
How is that supposed to have gone down? When Pep announced his decision to leave Bayern, Tuchel had just become BVB coach 5 months earlier. He wasn't available, quite simply, nothing to do with following a path or not. Besides, Tuchel surely did not have to be pointed out to our board, by Pep.
Guardiola made this suggestion back in 2014, when Tuchel was free after his spell at Meinz was over. He spend one year sabbatical.. During this time he had a lot of meetings with Guardiola discussing and polishing his views of how football should be played. I am pretty sure that Bayern's board knew back then that Pep will not continue as a Bayern coach after his contract is over. So if they wanted to follow Pep's advice they should have offered some role to Tuchel (assistant coach or something like advisor) at Bayern instead of letting him go to their rivals.

SirMattBugsby

I've slept on it a few more nights and I'm now comepletely with you. Let's get Tuchel.
The BVB board are throwing him under the bus and installing Favre. We should get him. I can't forget the fantatic football he made BVB play all this time.
I love Ancelotti as a person, but he has offered nothing as Bayern coach. Nothing special at all.
We all waited for season crunchtime, because that was supposed to be Carlo's thing, and at season crunch time we played like shit.
That we got cheated on top of that can't displace the fact that there were long stretches against Real where we played shockingly, on the brink of total collapse.
What about that Ribéry sub? What about starting Alonso when we needed to win at the Bernabeu, despite the 4-2-3-1 with Müller being evidently are far more creative and productive formation for us? And then we STILL can't defend to save our lives?

He falls out with Ribéry and yet doesn't give meaningful time for Costa and Coman. Boateng on the verge of an exit. Kimmich on the verge of an exit. Sanches doesn't play all season. Standard subs after 75 minutes:Bernat for Alaba or Rafinha for Lahm.

Yeah, no. We can sack Carlo for all I care, he hasn't produced anything worthwile. Tuchel won't do worse, and if he does, it will be far more entertaining.

Last year we wouldn't have dreamed that Tuchel would become available so easily. Well, he's there for the taking.
Slightly knee-jerk, don't you think? Lots of problems might be solved by Alonso and Lahm retiring and Costa leaving.

I think the board will support Ancelotti during the transfer window in areas where it feels the team needs strengthening. The way I see it, that includes a winger who can also play as a forward (like, say, Sanchez) and a right-back.

In other areas, the board will twist Ancelotti's arm into playing the players they want. They might not buy a right-back if they think Kimmich should play there, not get a replacement for Alonso to increase Sanches' playing time or under-invest in attack to ensure Müller plays.

In short, Ancelotti will be trusted, but to manage the squad the board provide. If that isn't acceptable to him, he'll leave on his own.

PedroMendez

Acolyte

I share your sentiment. We took a step in the wrong direction when it come to refreshing the team. Only Thiago stepped up while all the other young players that should be part of the next generation played only minor roles. I am also not really sold on his system, which is rather generic and doesn't really make best use of the squad. When it comes to individual performances, it was a bixed bag with light and shadow.
I am a big Tuchel fan despite him being a bit complicated at times. So you were right to point out, that this might be a problem, but overall it would be a risk that I am personally willing to take. Replacing Carlo makes only sense if we get a great replacement and I doubt that it is going to happen. He'll get a second season and objectively it is hard to argue against it. My expectations are not particularly high so.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
So apparently Goretzka's agent has been spotted at the Säbener Straße. I quite like him as a player and he probably would be a bargain, but i wonder what it would mean for Sanches. There's no way he'll get the match time he needs to develop properly if this transfer is happening.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Guardiola made this suggestion back in 2014, when Tuchel was free after his spell at Meinz was over. He spend one year sabbatical.. During this time he had a lot of meetings with Guardiola discussing and polishing his views of how football should be played. I am pretty sure that Bayern's board knew back then that Pep will not continue as a Bayern coach after his contract is over. So if they wanted to follow Pep's advice they should have offered some role to Tuchel (assistant coach or something like advisor) at Bayern instead of letting him go to their rivals.
There were plenty of rumours about Tuchel to Bayern, including stuff like Tuchel coming as Pep's assistant for year before taking over once Pep leaves. I don't think I've ever read that Bayern really had that option and decided against it. From what I've read/heard Tuchel didn't want to wait and was interested in taking over a a club after his one year break. If Klopp hadn't left Dortmund, there's a pretty good chance that Tuchel would have become manager in Hamburg.

I'm also not sure that Bayern had already given up on a contrat extension with Pep and could have promised Tuchel the job more than one year in advance. I really can't think of anything I read that would give substance to those claims. The timing with Tuchel was simply off and it would be great if a new opportunity to sign him comes up.

izec

Boateng would be perfect for us, he even plays through injuries :drool:

If he leaves, City or Barca. I dont think he will, but who knows.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
So apparently Goretzka's agent has been spotted at the Säbener Straße. I quite like him as a player and he probably would be a bargain, but i wonder what it would mean for Sanches. There's no way he'll get the match time he needs to develop properly if this transfer is happening.
Are Bayern not producing any quality players of their own any more? Just seems they hoover up the best of the rest in Germany rather than promoting from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.