FC Spartak Moscow’s twitter account...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

And there’s plenty more. Who would have thought the Russians will be leading the pack in terms of comedy?!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What's the context? Why are they behind Chelsea?

Pace Abuser

I find official club account "banter" cringe. Leave it to the fan accounts

No Love

They’ve been at this for a while, haven’t they? I don’t mind it. Better than everyone posting the same, generic tripe. Mind you, I think they said something fairly benign about Phil Jones that a lot of people around these parts took to heart, so it’s not for everyone, it would seem.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Official football clubs twitter accounts trying to be funny is never funny. Roma is the leader of not funny twitter accounts. Official means official and it shouldn't write gibberish.

Alemar

This is why there are several football clubs in Moscow - not all people approve of borderline jokes from official club accounts. Especially when it relates to entirely different country and league.

WakeAndBeek

It’s like when companies like Wendy’s and McDonald’s try and banter each other, I guess it’s slightly more entertaining than the usual club Twitter posts such as 300 different pictures of the latest training session.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If it’s funny it’s funny, doesn’t matter to me who says it. I personally found them taking the piss out of Tottenham pretty funny.

redshaw

Do they bother doing this for Spanish or Italian teams?

RedChisel

Urgh this whole banter comedy is really tiresome. It's just comedy for unintelligent people.

NinjaFletch

Aren't all of these "banter" accounts ran by the same London PR agency?
I think there's definitely the whiff of homogenous, corporate 'edginess' about them to suggest that this is very possible.

But why not? We're talking about Spartak Moscow on Redcafe, that's a big tick for their social media manager.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The funniest thing is that Graelish liked their tweet or Instagram or whatever where they mentioned that "even Birmingham city won this"

And Spartak in return tagged Villa who haven't won anything in 25 years

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Wouldn't it be great Craig if 20 or so foreign guest clubs where invited to join the league cup each year.

Like the Premier League U23 international cup but interesting.

Give half the spots to the other home nations.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Extremely cringeworthy.

What's the point anyway, are native English speakers going to start supporting Spartak Moscow, buy their merchandise, fly out to Russia to catch a game as a result of this? No.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just a way of getting more fans / followers from foreign youngsters. Smart really!

redshaw

I think there's definitely the whiff of homogenous, corporate 'edginess' about them to suggest that this is very possible.

But why not? We're talking about Spartak Moscow on Redcafe, that's a big tick for their social media manager.
If it's by some London agency, probably best deleting the thread no?

Come across as incredibly sad trying to drum up support in this fashion from a London based firm.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Quite a few club accounts seem to do this sort of thing. Russian ones have been like this for years and the English language ones had definitely have the feel of outsourced corporate PR.

the remnants of Spartak's anti-establishment cred from the Soviet years died for this.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What's the context of Frank saying support someone else?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
What's the context of Frank saying support someone else?
It was a Christmas campaign to encourage people to support others who feel isolated or are struggling with mental health issues.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Awful awful stuff. It’s been going on for about 4 or 5 years now — it’s very vogue for these European clubs to hire someone to look after their English account to make cringey banter for cheap interactions.

I actually recently saw a LinkedIn status of a guy who created a few meme twitter accounts and within a week they had about a million followers and bucketloads of interactions.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aren't all of these "banter" accounts ran by the same London PR agency?
Not sure who runs them, but I’d imagine they’re all outsourced to very similar companies to do the work. Very similar levels of humour that often follow what the trend is.

Chipper

Adulterer.
It’s not about cringe or not, this type of stuff gets interactions. Interactions are king in social media these days
Isn't monetisation more important? Could have a small imprint but if those people are all sending money your way directly or indirectly then that's got to better than a large number of interactions without much in the way of financial reward.

Not really seeing how they'll make money here. They don't have many followers anyway, teams in the conference have more. Even if there were loads, 12 year old English speakers following them are not going to financially benefit a Russian football team. They'll already have their own clubs who they support, who they'll actually ask their parents to spend money on.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Not sure who runs them, but I’d imagine they’re all outsourced to very similar companies to do the work. Very similar levels of humour that often follow what the trend is.
Also far too in-the-know about the English football word and English joking to be run by locals from the countries these clubs are from (like Russia and Germany).

Marketing's a bore.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I used to find it amusing a few years back but seems like every football account is the same person typing away making the same jokes

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Official football clubs twitter accounts trying to be funny is never funny. Roma is the leader of not funny twitter accounts. Official means official and it shouldn't write gibberish.
I agree. I don't think official Twitter handles should delve in his low level nonesense. Besides they're really not even genuinely funny so it isn't even worth it.

el3mel

This is cringy more than funny. If I am following my club's account, it's for news, announcements and stuff, not for taking digs at teams from completely different league.