g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Fear the Walking Dead

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Vaguely enjoyed that, mindless stuff but I do enjoy a good dystopia - it's a nice escape. In other news there's something very attractive about Kim Dickens even in her 50's, she was by far the best prossie in Deadwood.

Trizy

Very slow episode but was kinda expecting it as it was the first episode.

Really impressed with the acting, especially that young lad (main character?).

diarm

2nd episode wasn't great. Lots of long, unnecessary mood shots and the main characters refusing to tell each other what's going on simply to be a pain in the arse.
Was really looking forward to seeing how it was going to spread through the city but it's been very disappointing and behind the scenes so far. Hoping for an improvement next week.

Sylar

The not telling other characters whats happening always annoys me. I dont see what they gain by keeping it a secret.

Other than that, I actually like the characters in this show.

Deleted member 78215

I actually enjoyed the first ep. But then again, I enjoyed the first episode of The Walking Dead, and we all know how that went...

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
the kid looks like the young homeless junkie version of johnny Depp.

The first episode was pretty good (no stupid adult decisions and gory)

the second episode started to feck it up... for example the scene when the zombie was trying to eat Joanie in the school while the kid was telling her "lets get the feck out!!!" and she was like "we can help you!!, keep calm", after she was already almost bitten!! in the tunnel... (actually, i thought we were gonna find out that she was actually bitten (and hide it))

I think Joanie needs to die so we can put some tension between the characters (stepdad and son for instance).

Sylar

second episode started to feck it up... for example the scene when the zombie was trying to eat Joanie in the school while the kid was telling her "lets get the feck out!!!" and she was like "we can help you!!, keep calm", after she was already almost bitten!! in the tunnel... (actually, i thought we were gonna find out that she was actually bitten (and hide it))
TBF, she has no idea whats happening, that he was dead already, whether they can communicate or whether it can be cured.
Plus its a different person from the tunnel.

Leg-End

So far its been a really boring way of trying to do a show about a zombie outbreak.

dinners85

Only watched the first episode but I thought it was pretty good.

Very character driven - getting to know their situation / relationships which makes sense for a new series.

I did find it frustrating though that nobody (in the prog) knew as mush as I did about what was happening

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I thought that was a good episode.
First or second? Just finally watched the first. Was OK I guess, with Johnny Depp-lite as the druggie, but slow build up, very little zombie action and a not overly cohesive plot line. The zombie 'virus' seems to be spreading much more slowly in this version. More Creutzfeld-Jakob disease than rampant ebola or full-blown Aids? Not sure any of the limited number of main characters introduced are particularly likeable, barring the po-faced Strormfront-bating mixed race father-in-law.
I'll stick with it for now, zombie-esque, feeding off the corpses of others is fitting for this derivative stuff I guess.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I've enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining four episodes.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
The not telling other characters whats happening always annoys me. I dont see what they gain by keeping it a secret.

Other than that, I actually like the characters in this show.
Me too, it's my biggest gripe with some shows. However I've gotta say I'm enjoying this.

Trizy

So, this worth watching? More of the same as The Walking Dead?

It's good, much more serious and way better acting. Apart from both shows using the same name they're nothing really alike so far.. apart from the zombies of course.

Speaking of Zombies, they don't once use the word ''Zombies'' in The Walking Dead or Fear The Walking Dead. I don't get why not? What would be the best way to explain to someone what the virus outbreak was other than calling them Zombies? at least everyone would understand.

Skizzo

It's good, much more serious and way better acting. Apart from both shows using the same name they're nothing really alike so far.. apart from the zombies of course.

Speaking of Zombies, they don't once use the word ''Zombies'' in The Walking Dead or Fear The Walking Dead. I don't get why not? What would be the best way to explain to someone what the virus outbreak was other than calling them Zombies? at least everyone would understand.
Because it's a "reality" where zombies don't "exist" so they have no knowledge of what they are.

Sylar

Exactly, it doesnt exist. The terms theyve called them "walkers" "biters" etc actually makes more sense than a zombie tbh. Plus after the outbreak in TWD, theres pretty much no TV, communication which brands or labels them.

Deleted member 78215

The junkie is Stannis Baratheon's son. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Those already calling this a better show than TWD or even better acting, is a bit premature IMO. TWD set some high standards in its first few seasons. Both acting and storyline. It's just gone off the boil recently - but that's almost the norm with television. It's shows which maintains its quality over multiple (5+) seasons which are the exception, not the norm, IMO.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode. So will continue watching.

Sylar

You say first few seasons, but lets be honest, season 2 was gash bar one or two good eps.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
AMC/BT Sport Showcase in the UK. Or you can just watch it online.
I thought I saw it on an advert for BT last night, cnuts are hoovering up all the shit I want to watch.

R'hllor

I have a question for all German speaking folks here.I watch this online and you can find few places where you can watch it (eng version),my nephews would like to watch this too but English is not their strong suit,their German on other hand...So is there a place where German folks can watch it online, with subs. or sync.?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Very true! But most shows wouldn't work if you don't apply that trick as a showrunner.
Yet, the audience also accepts this "silence is gold" approach.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I have a question for all German speaking folks here.I watch this online and you can find few places where you can watch it (eng version),my nephews would like to watch this too but English is not their strong suit,their German on other hand...So is there a place where German folks can watch it online, with subs. or sync.?
amazon prime - awful sync version but they're probably used to it
(but it actually depends on the country where they are. it might be the case that amazon-uk don't have the german sync.)

R'hllor

amazon prime - awful sync version but they're probably used to it
(but it actually depends on the country where they are. it might be the case that amazon-uk don't have the german sync.)
Yea ok,thanks in any case.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've seen episode 2 now, after reading all the 'not telling anyone' comments on here. Thankfully the episode played out better than I was expecting, I actually enjoyed it.

As for the not telling part, yes it can get tedious but there were genuine cases where actually not telling worked:

1. If the Asian dad told his ex-wife there were dead people coming alive and spreading the virus while on the phone to her, she (with her already held hatred for him) would have gone into radio silence and locked the doors. Then their son would have been lost for good.

2. If the parents told their daughter to stay away from the bitten boyfriend because he could turn into one of them, she would have reacted with disdain for using such a sh*t made-up excuse to take her away from him. Maybe even try to run away with him before they arrived at his house.

3. Had they told the barbers what was coming, one of the barber's family could have reacted with disbelief and opened the door to prove nothing was happening outside. Dooming them all.

It seemed like both parents, and even little Johnny Depp, were just waiting for things to present themselves in a more believable scenario. Which is coming pretty damn quickly if you saw the following week's trailer. Can't wait for next Monday, thankfully LvG will give me some zombie action before then to keep me going. :p

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Not a bad episode.

Might sound a bit weird but I actually wanted/want the Dad to get bit. I think that sort of added drama and the idea that anyone could go at any time would take this from an alright show to an excellent one. There's no tension in the family too, you'd think at least one of them would've had an emotional breakdown or something by now after what they've seen. At the moment I'm not fearing for any of them which is letting me down a lot. Still an alright show and I think young Johnny Depp is an awesome character

3 more episodes to go.

Nik70

I'm enjoying it. Even my wife is watching this version of the franchise...

nimic

something nice
Scout
Is this at all worth watching? I'm one of those people who really enjoyed (enjoys) The Walking Dead while simultaneously accepting that it's not exactly great TV. Does it add anything new, or is it just TWD with other faces for maybe the same characters?

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Is this at all worth watching? I'm one of those people who really enjoyed (enjoys) The Walking Dead while simultaneously accepting that it's not exactly great TV. Does it add anything new, or is it just TWD with other faces for maybe the same characters?
Decent show. I guess you have to accept a good amount of stupidity in any zombie-setting, even so it is really annoying. Most characters are well known stereotypes and the plot isn´t overly inventive, but it is well produced. You won´t miss TV history in the making, but its good fun to watch.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Find it quite funny that the father character still hasn't quite accepted that they need to be killed yet. He's seen people shot dozens of times and not die, he's also seen a guy eating a person and a dog! "Don't do anything drastic that you can't undo!"

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Find it quite funny that the father character still hasn't quite accepted that they need to be killed yet. He's seen people shot dozens of times and not die, he's also seen a guy eating a person and a dog! "Don't do anything drastic that you can't undo!"
I'd be happy to see him die. Annoying character.

But overall it's been ok as a program. A little dull at points and there's nothing new to it, but it is watchable and looks like it's going to pick up.

I just really hope they keep it at 6-10eps a season and don't ruin it with 20-odd like TWD.