g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Fear the Walking Dead

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Eagerly awaiting Johnny Depp sucking the blood out of an addict friend who's now a zombie so he can get a lil high.

Nik70

Is this at all worth watching? I'm one of those people who really enjoyed (enjoys) The Walking Dead while simultaneously accepting that it's not exactly great TV. Does it add anything new, or is it just TWD with other faces for maybe the same characters?
I enjoy watching it. It is similar in a way but it shows a lot more pre-onset to the epidemic and how everybody responds once the 'zombie apocalypse' starts to get into full swing. With the original TWC you were pretty much thrown into a post-apocalyptic world. So I like what they've done with this new franchise.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I'd be happy to see him die. Annoying character.

But overall it's been ok as a program. A little dull at points and there's nothing new to it, but it is watchable and looks like it's going to pick up.

I just really hope they keep it at 6-10eps a season and don't ruin it with 20-odd like TWD.
Same, would be interesting to see how it shakes up the family too. Can actually see the mother getting a bit annoying in a while too.

Sylar

I actually found the mother annoying a few eps ago, but now it was the father this one. The other dude was right, he was weak lol.

Good episode. I like how its not all overrun with Walkers already but theres a bit of tension here and there. The bit with the neighbour was nicely done but I think they could have done that with a main character (rather than somebody they just introduced).

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Enjoyed this episode. I don't know what it is but episodes with domestic military intervention like this give me the chills. Was the same in the 'Turn Left' episode of Doctor Who.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Those last 2 episodes were good. Interesting seeing the slow collapse of society as opposed to the aftermath.

The challenge will be keeping it interesting after that period which the original show failed at miserably.

Sylar

Interesting choice to skip ahead, but I was hoping they wouldnt do that. I was wanting to see what happened before and during the town getting cleared up. It seems the show is now on pretty much the same level as TWD in terms of Rick waking up. (if that makes sense).

Saying that, I liked the episode and now hope Travis stops taking everything at face value. That shot where he sees the light and then gun fire was eerie.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Interesting choice to skip ahead, but I was hoping they wouldnt do that. I was wanting to see what happened before and during the town getting cleared up. It seems the show is now on pretty much the same level as TWD in terms of Rick waking up. (if that makes sense).

Saying that, I liked the episode and now hope Travis stops taking everything at face value. That shot where he sees the light and then gun fire was eerie.
I liked the first three, but now it appears we are entering TWD's formula of the safe place not being safe at all and someone has to go crazy and lead them.

diarm

Don't think people know so far that anyone who dies will come back as a zombie and you don't require to be bitten or scratched by a zombie for becoming one.
No it was the end of season one in TWD before the scientist at the CDC told Rick about that. It definitely wasn't public knowledge at that stage.

Travis is annoying as hell and needs to die fairly soon. I liked the army chief hitting the golf balls down the road. That was a throwback to the Guvn'r back in TWD and suggested he'll be a significant bad guy as things progress.

Sylar

Not gonna lie, was hoping there would be more fear of the unknown and whats happening. The badguy route I think has come on too soon, as its too similar to TWD with the Guv.

Sylar

Weird episode. It had some good stuff, but logically some stuff just didnt make sense (like why would the army dude that was kidnapped who has been shown to be a good guy know about operation cobalt but tell the Salazar daughter, especially if he liked her.)
Also another walker free episode and given the next is the finale, I expect Daniel to just open the stadium of walkers open cos... ZOMBIES~! Although it wouldnt make sense as it puts more people in trouble then helping him and his daughter. (though that part is speculation)

Im disappointed, it started of well but they skipped right past the actual fear part and just jumped into TWD territory. Its like the whole fear of the unknown is gone especially as one of the main characters knows they come back to life once dead.

Saying that Daniel Salazar (and Nick from earlier part of the series) is the only character that intrigues me.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Weird episode. It had some good stuff, but logically some stuff just didnt make sense (like why would the army dude that was kidnapped who has been shown to be a good guy know about operation cobalt but tell the Salazar daughter, especially if he liked her.)
Also another walker free episode and given the next is the finale, I expect Daniel to just open the stadium of walkers open cos... ZOMBIES~! Although it wouldnt make sense as it puts more people in trouble then helping him and his daughter. (though that part is speculation)

Im disappointed, it started of well but they skipped right past the actual fear part and just jumped into TWD territory. Its like the whole fear of the unknown is gone especially as one of the main characters knows they come back to life once dead.

Saying that Daniel Salazar (and Nick from earlier part of the series) is the only character that intrigues me.
It feels like they're purposely trying to make humans seem like the larger threat.

I'm disappointed too.

Sylar

It feels like they're purposely trying to make humans seem like the larger threat.

I'm disappointed too.
Yeah, and that wouldnt even be the biggest problem if all the humans werent presented as being stupid or the plot was logical in terms of how they went about with stuff.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yep, it's already gone turd.

They had such a good scenario to work with, but have completely skipped over what we all thought the show was going to be about and what it should be about.

It's basically TWD without any strong characters. Utterly pointless.

Sylar

Only watched the first 2 eps

I really like it so far
That sounds about right :lol:

The exact same as TWD then :)
What I was thinking haha. When this one started, it looked like the characters were going to be smarter, but they just decided, feck that, lets make them act like nobody would ever act in this situation cos thats what the plot asks for rather than how people would actually be.
Oh and without any "fear" as promised :(

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
This was looking so good and they went and turned it into TWD-lite.

They could've had multiple seasons in those 9 skipped days.

Tarrou

True, TWD wudda made a season out of going to check out who's flashing that light across the way

Sylar

And theyre going to a do webisode TWD spinoff on a plane, lol

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
This is better than TWD. Much better.

Let's see how they're going to feck it up.

Sylar

Decent finale, but I felt the series overall wasted an opportunity to be truly different than TWD rather than TWD-lite.
The Army bit was a complete waste of time except for introducing Strand. The captured Army guy (andy?) ist he biggest fck up of a character. His character was so damn inconsistent, it didnt make sense. At least Travis finally got to beat the crap out of him. And whilst it was obvious (well for me anyway) that one of them would be bit, it was still ok.

Was hoping this would be a true "fear of the unknown" story but they all know what happens, how it cant be treated, that they all turn, basically pretty much caught up in terms of knowing. Such a shame.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Ok, overall in comparison to the rest of the series it was a decent episode with some intense scenes. But why is everyone so CALM? Girl just got shot and other than the punch up there's hardly any reaction from them. I also still feel utterly safe for them all, I think the writers are scared to kill off characters and just not great in general. The mother's face is a bit annoying too, angry, sad, happy it always looks the same. Potential's been wasted. So annoying.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I was led to believe this would be more about what happened before TWD etc. I guess it is but it seems to have already progressed to close to the apocalyptic stage. Its in some ways already not much different to TWD. Was hoping for a different type of spin on it all.

Sylar

I was led to believe this would be more about what happened before TWD etc.
Think we all were, and from the first two eps it seemed that way which was intriguing. Then it just went full on TWD mode which was annoying and a waste.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Think we all were, and from the first two eps it seemed that way which was intriguing. Then it just went full on TWD mode which was annoying and a waste.
Your "fear of the unknown" angle is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Yeah swimming zombies. It really is shit this one.

Makes TWD look like The Wire.

Remember how early in TWD walkers could turn door knobs and pick up dolls from the ground. I suppose they can just swim in this one as it's not like it has to make any sense.

Sylar

I didnt bother watching. Ill wait until end of the season and then decide whether to binge or not based on reviews.

For me they ruined the idea behind it by doing that fast forward in s1.

TWD already annoys me, and having a shit version of it is pointless.