Television Fear the Walking Dead

Sylar

Spinoff / prequel to Walking Dead. Thought it deserved its own thread as its got its own cast and is a different timeline.

Anyway trailer:

First three minutes released:

I know a lot of people said they arent looking forward to it but ive heard some good reviews for it. Also lets be honest, most fans of TWD will probably check it out.
6 eps for season1 , and 15 for season 2. Starts Sunday.

Castia

Trailer looks alright to be honest but it feels like I've seen it a million times already.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Yeah me too, but it looks a slightly different perspective. Can you have too much zombie shit? I'm not sure you can really.

diarm

The biggest issue with this is going to be the lack of Lauren Cohan.

Other than that, I can't wait.

Cantona'sCollar

I would say that rarely, in the history of the caf, has an :drool: been as apt as it is here.
Indeed. I would post the pictures, but I am not sure about what sort of pictures are allowed on the general since Google-gate - I suggest you google her Maxim shoot. :drool: & a half.

Edit: On a less-important note, I haven't seen much of TWD in the last year or so, but I don't really see the point in having another zombie show from the same team. That said, i'll still end up watching [at least] the first season, just to see what it's like. The trailer was nothing special, though.

diarm

Indeed. I would post the pictures, but I am not sure about what sort of pictures are allowed on the general since Google-gate - I suggest you google her Maxim shoot. :drool: & a half.
I shall do so immediately, strictly for educational purposes of course. One can never be too prepared for a zombie apocalypse.
In all seriousness though, is she the hottest woman in the world right now? I say yes.

Cantona'sCollar

I shall do so immediately, strictly for educational purposes of course. One can never be too prepared for a zombie apocalypse.
In all seriousness though, is she the hottest woman in the world right now? I say yes.
No arguments there - I think I will have to carry out some research myself. And yes, she's definitely up there, and she gets extra points for her weird English American accent.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I've been giving up on it for ages, but I keep thinking it might improve.
Being honest, it is pretty shite. I don't expect this to be any better.

sparky

Its only showing on BT showcase channel in Uk which has peed me right off! PM appreciated if you know how I can watch it.

Revan

Assumptionman
Left the Walking Dead in the middle of fourth season, having struggled watching it since the second season.

Thanks, but no thanks. Will watch it only if the people who liked the game will give good reviews.

sparky

Just found out I will get AMC from Bt on sky from 28th August as I have the BT sports package, so hopefully it will be on there.

Hoof the ball

Unfortunately, the pilot episode was leaked on torrent last night. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place to catch them red handed in order to report them accordingly.....

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Just found out I will get AMC from Bt on sky from 28th August as I have the BT sports package, so hopefully it will be on there.
Is this with Sky? I have the BT/Setanta sports package with Sky and saw them advertising AMC but I don't know if I'm getting it.

Sylar

Same, enjoyed it. It seems very much like season 1 of TWD. Its the fear which adds to the drama and im looking forward to see where they go with this, esp as theres only 5 more eps for this season.

Also that girls bf was from the Wire right?

Last edited:

sparky

Is this with Sky? I have the BT/Setanta sports package with Sky and saw them advertising AMC but I don't know if I'm getting it.
yes. I only found out I was getting it by scrolling through the channels today and saw it there. Its channel 192. It should be showing up as coming soon. I checked online and as long as you have the sports package (which incidentally is going up in price!) you can get it. Also if you have BT broadband through sky.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Was ok but bit boring as expected with it being the first episode. The young bloke reminded me of a young Johnny Depp
He was definitely channeling his inner Depp. There were loads of actors in this with oddly familiar faces.

Decent enough episode. Zombies are more menacing when nobody has a clue what's going on clearly. Perhaps they should just do loads of outbreak stories before the novelty wears off.

Leg-End

Young dude is like a face merge between young Depp and Taylor Kitsch.

Alright start, although given what we know about the walkers in this universe you would think a collapse would have been much much quicker. I mean them all huddled round watching a dead dude take a chestful of bullets the previous night, the whole situation would have gone fecked pretty much immediately after that, or even when that dude in the hospital died.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I thought it was good too. It definitely has promise. Looking forward to seeing how the authorities deal with the outbreak and how quickly anarchy occurs. As much as I enjoyed the first season of TWD, I was always left wondering how people dealt with the outbreak initially.

diarm

I just finished watching and I like it a lot. I never considered how much of a complete and utter mindfeck a zombie apocalypse would be for the druggies!
That young fella seems a pretty decent actor, considering he's playing a junkie going through cold turkey who can't comprehend whether what's happening is real or is all in his head.

gza the genius

I liked it but it was a bit slow, the acting was good though. It was definitely a good set up for the season. Much better than any of the last couple seasons of TWD.

ghagua

It was a good start. Enjoyed the first episode, hopefully next week will show the panic setting in.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'm glad to see my boy Cliff Curtis get a decent gig, how is he in it?

Zen

This is getting buried more than the Walking Dead itself. Wonder if the shiteness will ever matter though, people still endlessly flock to this faff.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I feel like I'm the only one who didn't find it boring. I think a lot of people went in expecting an action packed episode and have been a little let down.

Sylar

I didnt find it boring at all. I cared more about the characters here than TWD. But then again every character in TWD is an idiot.

I think it went how I expected for a first episode, theres a situation where nobody will believe it until they see it with their own eyes. They dont know how to kill them (except the headshot shown in the leaked footage). They dont know what it is or how it happened, and how big an epidemic it is.