Feck it, I guess I’ll be the one to make the thread then...

Zen86

Im very confident City will drop a few more points between now and the end, they’ve got the CL to focus on and the cracks are just starting to show. Realistically, we need to win all our remaining games to stand a chance, that’s a big if.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If they lose 2 of their next 3 we could be within 3pts right? and they'd have a game in hand?

It's on like monty don
We’re the one with the game in hand, not them. If they lose 2 of 3 and we win ours in the same period the gap is 2 points with same amount of games.

We win 7 games = 84 points
They W3-L3 or W2-D3-L1 = 83 points

Their PEDs are starting to wear off. They look tired. KDB is injured. They have a cup final 3 days after Villa. They play a well-rested Palace (1 game in 3 weeks) between PSG games (they lost against 10 man Leeds between Dortmund games). They play a Chelsea side that schooled them last night right after PSG. It’s on.

Red_Aaron

We’re the one with the game in hand, not them. If they lose 2 of 3 and we win ours in the same period the gap is 2 points with same amount of games.

Their PEDs are starting to wear off. They look tired. KDB is injured. They have a cup final 3 days after Villa. They play a well-rested Palace (1 game in 3 weeks) between PSG games (they lost against 10 man Leeds between Dortmund games). They play a Chelsea side that schooled them last night right after PSG. It’s on.
I was too lazy to check the calendar tbf but I assumed with the Cup Final we'd have gone beyond them at that point, even if it's just playing a day earlier.

I'd feel better if Grealish were fit, they do look incredibly leggy atm
It's a shame they're not playing any relegation battlers, for the most part their opponents have nothing to play for.
The Newcastle game might be one, if WBA keep up their form and they lose in between. I was gutted when they beat West Ham yesterday.

CM

I think it's a bridge just too far. If it was 5 points difference rather than 8 (assuming we beat Burnley) that'd make things interesting but I can't see City losing another 3 in the league.

Guardiola's team selections have been a bit erratic lately, I'm sure they'll stabilise a bit after the Chelsea loss yesterday.

RedStarUnited

What was the sentiment like in 2011 when City did it? Even after the Everton game I was confident the title was ours still.

The big advantage they had is they had to play us still.

Lee565

Can't see it happening as the worst case scenario with city is pep setting them up more defensively and very cautiously grinding out the remaining games much like mourinho did in his last title with Chelsea.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

This is a great post. It seems feasible and doable.

Fully expect that this post has sealed it and we’re gonna lose. :(

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
If only we’d have beaten Sheff Utd and held on v Everton.
And beat West Brom, whom we definitely should have despite being absolutely atrocious on the day...

City had a few wins without being brilliant either. Frustrating that our rough patch coincided with their inexplicable win streak.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
City losing half their remaining games isn't going to happen considering they've lost 4 in 32
Can't see it happening as the worst case scenario with city is pep setting them up more defensively and very cautiously grinding out the remaining games much like mourinho did in his last title with Chelsea.
Pep setting up defensively will only end one way!

In reality though even if they do actually win just 3 out of their 6 games it still means we'd have to win all 7, including games against Liverpool (who'd do their best not to let us win #21) and a Leicester side who don't want to choke again - so we'd need city to pick up just 3 points out of a possible 18 to give us any hope.

So in summary, the 2020/21 Chanpions will be Manchester United! Yeeeeeaaaah boooooy.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

I mean, your post is sensible and includes valid arguments for all City fixtures mentioned, but we’d still have to go WWWWWWWW, a tall order after a long, tough season.

It would be the sweetest title victory in a long while, wouldn’t it? Imagine having fans back in Old Trafford for the run-in and we are within a squeak of usurping them at the top of the table. It would be an amazing climax to the season. :drool:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If we end up 3 to 6 points behind City I will be very happy to be honest.

It gives me hope for next season because Ole doesn't seem like a manager that has built a team up 'just for that 2nd season capabilities that managers like Mourinho were capable of.

Fanta Stick

It gives me hope for next season because Ole doesn't seem like a manager that has built a team up 'just for that 2nd season capabilities that managers like Mourinho were capable of.
I am actually concerned that if the gap is only 3 to 6 points behind City at the end of the season, the Glazers will be even less inclined to go all out to back Ole in the transfer window.

The reality is we are not as near to City as such a projected final table position might suggest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I am actually concerned that if the gap is only 3 to 6 points behind City at the end of the season, the Glazers will be even less inclined to go all out to back Ole in the transfer window.

The reality is we are not as near to City as such a projected final table position might suggest.
Well that’s nonsense. We are as near to City as we are. If that ends up being 10 points, 3 points or 1 ahead - that’s where we are.

Ranchero

I said that yesterday. Look we win against Burnley and it is an 'if'. We are eight points behind City. If City slip up in their next league game having slipped up in the cup, the pressure will be on them.

What we have to do is ensure we win our games and put the pressure on.

SuperiorXI

What was the sentiment like in 2011 when City did it? Even after the Everton game I was confident the title was ours still.

The big advantage they had is they had to play us still.
That Everton game was like a big body shot in a boxing match, gave us a serious wobble and then when they played us we didn't have the bottle.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Exactly This is just the beginning. Add 2 good players to this team and we will draw less games next year. We are so close to being good again.

Ranchero

There is a gap in terms of consistency but we must remember in the past four Prem games under Ole against City we have won three and drawn one. That isnt a fluke.

Fanta Stick

Well that’s nonsense. We are as near to City as we are. If that ends up being 10 points, 3 points or 1 ahead - that’s where we are.
We have scraped through a lot of games this season, winning most games by just a single goal or with late goals while City have been winning games comfortably for the most part. This is not reflected in the table.

I do like that we have that doggedness about us - all those away games where we won from losing positions has been phenomenal. But we clearly need to build upon that resilience and get some real quality in if we are
to make a serious challenge next season. I fear the Glazer's will not see it that way.