Feck it, I guess I’ll be the one to make the thread then...

Fanta Stick

There is a gap in terms of consistency but we must remember in the past four Prem games under Ole against City we have won three and drawn one. That isnt a fluke.
It's definitely not a fluke. We have some real foundations to work with, especially our resilience and ability to grind out a result.

But I don't want another season of grinding out results and that is where the gap is to City. There is still a massive quality gap that is not reflected in the table.

Just to add, when we were in Liverpool's shadow in the eighties we regularly beat them too.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
We have scraped through a lot of games this season, winning most games by just a single goal or with late goals while City have been winning games comfortably for the most part. This is not reflected in the table.

I do like that we have that doggedness about us - all those away games where we won from losing positions has been phenomenal. But we clearly need to build upon that resilience and get some real quality in if we are
to make a serious challenge next season. I fear the Glazer's will not see it that way.
We have won 10 games by a single goal this season, City have won 8. Not much of a difference. Now their games might well have been more comfortable than ours but that's because we tend to invite opponents on to us in the hope of countering while City are a lot more possession focused than us.

Fanta Stick

We have won 10 games by a single goal this season, City have won 8. Not much of a difference. Now their games might well have been more comfortable than ours but that's because we tend to invite opponents on to us in the hope of countering while City are a lot more possession focused than us.
All valid of course.

Just trying to get across that while we absolutely should acknowledge that we have made significant strides forward this season we shouldn't get too carried away with the final table points tally and start believing that is a good indicator on its own as to where we are at and what we need to do going forward.

I just fear the board will do exactly that and not make the sort of investment we need in terms of improving our 'starting eleven'.

City will not be standing still this Summer either.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We have scraped through a lot of games this season, winning most games by just a single goal or with late goals while City have been winning games comfortably for the most part. This is not reflected in the table.

I do like that we have that doggedness about us - all those away games where we won from losing positions has been phenomenal. But we clearly need to build upon that resilience and get some real quality in if we are
to make a serious challenge next season. I fear the Glazer's will not see it that way.
City haven’t won the majority of games comfortably.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Is this guy talking about winning the title? Well, we are 11 points behind while only 9 points ahead of the fifth-placed team. therefore, more likely not to finish in top four than win the title. If this thread is about someone els, you'll have to clue me in...

Lj82

City losing half their remaining games isn't going to happen considering they've lost 4 in 32

Pep setting up defensively will only end one way!

In reality though even if they do actually win just 3 out of their 6 games it still means we'd have to win all 7, including games against Liverpool (who'd do their best not to let us win #21) and a Leicester side who don't want to choke again - so we'd need city to pick up just 3 points out of a possible 18 to give us any hope.

So in summary, the 2020/21 Chanpions will be Manchester United! Yeeeeeaaaah boooooy.
:lol: that's the spirit!

Lj82

One can only dream....

We have to go for it, if not then we no longer are United.
Well said. The odds are against us but we have to go for it.

Even if we fall short, the closer we get to city will give us the confidence to go all the way next season

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I still think we're gonna get relegated.

Red00012

We won’t win the league but a strong finish is needed all the same. 2nd more or less confirmed but let’s keep momentum going and win the EL , safer to not bring up next season at this point in time .

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We won’t win the league but a strong finish is needed all the same. 2nd more or less confirmed but let’s keep momentum going and win the EL , safer to not bring up next season at this point in time .
Agreed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So this fecking thread banged. Not only Man City didn't win -- we've only gone and made it fecking obsolete.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If @Samid made this thread I might be invested but nah, too early.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
It's 2012 all over again isn't it? But roles are reversed now :drool:

Tonight will be City's Wigan, losing 1-0. Also a 4-4 draw against Everton will be delightful.

We just need an Agüerooo against Wolves though.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
This OP hasn't even understood the basics of jinx threads. You're supposed to put a curse on the team you want to lose, not the other way round :(
Yep, "congrats City on winning the league" thread would have done the job. Some people just don't know how to jinx. Eh. Kids.

el3mel

So what was the point of this ? Giving City fans something to laugh about after they win the league ?