Feck it, I guess I’ll be the one to make the thread then...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You know what I mean, right?

It’s been done before, as we know all too well.

OleBoiii

I actually laughed out loud. Not for the reason you might think, though. I'm so used to negativity in here at this point that I expected something along the lines of: "yeah we're 2nd in the league and in another EL semi, but there are some glaring weaknesses still! And they are the following: <long list of bullshit>".

To see not only the exact opposite, but such an extreme example of optimism as well... Well, it kind of made my night! :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All you ‘never gonna happen’ folks have had the exact same thoughts I’ve had over the last week no matter what you say on the internet.

Spaghetti

Mom's
All you ‘never gonna happen’ folks have had the exact same thoughts I’ve had over the last week no matter what you say on the internet.
I definitely haven’t done the calculations in my head or worked out how and where it couldn’t possibly happen.

Definitely not.

Brightonian

Your fiendishly clever* thread title makes it futile to deny it.

*good from you ;)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Anyway, the overwhelming likelihood is that this thread dies a quick death. But still, it is annoying that people seem to only find comfort in being pessimistic on here, generally speaking, anyway. Nobody would want to talk about the possibility of positivity when the days could be better filled with all out doom!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Of course, I am also aware that there would have been those who have avoided discussing this because they have some weird belief that, if something is discussed in advance on the net, then it has been hexed in the real world. To those people, I apologise.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Phil Jones to score the last minute, last game header. Man deserves another trophy

ThinkTank@Cafe

Anything can happen. City lost two in a row. If we manage to close the gap to 5 pts, they might start to panic. The gap was 14, if we beat Burnley it will shrink to 8. I don’t know why people on here are so superstitious. All this “jinx” stuff. is it 17th century in the West? My country is 50 years behind UK in terms of everything but even here the proportion of superstitious people is not nearly as big as in this forum.

Last edited:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I can guarantee you City implode and we lose on goal difference

Yagami

Good post resistant
Some people are desperate to replicate @Marcus ' Nani thread.

Problem is, ever since that classic, not one thread has succeeded. Will this one break the curse?

Green_Red

Is that what this thread is? Not happening. Thought they prioritised today. We should keep going though.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It’s typical it’s Burnley at home.

If we get three points then things look rather nice in general. Maybe we pop open a cork and enjoy things.

But it’s Burnley at home so prepare for a loss or a draw having had to come back from them scoring and their goalkeeper having an absolute worldie.

TrustInOle

The thought has been seeping into my mind recently..... :nervous:

Wasn't going to give in to the idea any time until we progress pass the potential banana peel that is Burnley at home.

RashyForPM

We need to win all our games, and City need to lose 3 out of 6.

It might happen :)

Thiagoal

Get down to five points or below and the pressure will start to suffocate City.

Problem is our players aren’t exactly renowned for seizing opportunities! Need City to drop points against some teams that they really shouldn’t be too

BaillyBaillyBailly

The below is feasible (it won't happen though and I don't believe)

City: Current points = 74
vs Villa - lose +0 points
vs Palace - win +3 points
vs Chelsea - lose +0 points
vs Newcastle win +3 points
vs Brighton draw +1 point
vs Everton draw + 1 point
Total = 82 points

United:
Current points = 63
vs Burnley - win +3 points
vs Leeds - win +3 points
vs Liverpool - draw +1 point
vs Villa - win +3 points
vs Leicester - win +3 points
vs Fulham - win +3 points
vs Wolves - win +3 points
Total = 82 points

Red_Aaron

If they lose 2 of their next 3 we could be within 3pts right? and they'd have a game in hand?

It's on like monty don