Federico Macheda Loan watch

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
"I was attracted by the challenge and by the players that QPR brought in during the summer. There are some very big players at the club now and I am really looking forward to training and playing with them. I also know the fans are very, very passionate, and this interested me also.”

"I spoke with Rio and he told me that QPR is a very good club and that if I did come here it would be good for me and would help me develop as a player. I am here to train hard, firstly. Then I hope to play a big part in the games. I want to play more but I know this won't be easy. I will work very hard for this."

"There is a lot of competition at Manchester United," the 20-year-old said. "There are some very good strikers there. But I am still young and I need to get more experience in the Premier League."
Fantastic opportunity for the lad.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Helguson is on fire and Bothroyd was their main man last season

I dont think he will walk into the side right away but hopefully he will take chances early.

I think its make or break as far as his Utd career is concerned

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Kiko hat-trick on 13th May?
A 93rd minute winner to win us the title :D.

IMO He should get a nod ahead of Campbell and Bothroyd, both of whom I don't rate much. If he gets a consistent run in the strikers position, I've no doubt that Kiko will get 7-8 goals there.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Helguson is on fire and Bothroyd was their main man last season

I dont think he will walk into the side right away but hopefully he will take chances early.

I think its make or break as far as his Utd career is concerned
The same Bothroyd who joined them this season and have 2 goals in 15 appearances?

Agent Red

I've got my doubts over Macheda so will be interested to see how he gets on there, as this is pretty much make or break for his United career I would think.

His first touch needs to develop a lot if he's to come back and force is way into our team. He won't get the same kind of service at QPR as with us, but if he can improve his individual game there then it will have been a good move.

Ekeke

Bothroyd is usually prefered reason being he's a target man. Macheda would seem to struggle replacing him directly but perhaps he could pick up some of those skills while he's there.

Campbell would be their best goal getter but despite that he only comes off the bench because he cant be the target man

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Is he eligible for today's clash with Norwich? I'll be watching that one regardless.

Aint gota Kalou

I love it when our players go to other Premier League clubs, makes normally boring games much more exciting.

Hopefully he does well, he looked like a the real deal a couple of seasons back but he hasn't really had the chance to kick on his game as his development has stalled as a result.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I watched Newcastle for six fecking months hoping Rossi would get a look in - needless to say I still hold a grudge to those idiots.

SATA

He will get 15 or 20 mins here and there and get a grand total of one goal i reckon. I would love for him to get a successful stint and come back to United a better player, but i'm not sure QPR would be an ideal club for him. Sunderland or even Wigan would have been fine

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'll be interested to see how he can cope with regular football in the Premier League. we've already witnessed his inability to score at Sampdoria, so I'm sceptical as to whether he can deliver or not.

He's going to have a hard time getting into the first team there. Helguson has been playing quite well lately, while there are some other half decent strikers there as well. Obviously, if he's going to be good enough for United though, he has to be good enough to find a way into the QPR first team or not. It's just whether Warnock is willing to take a gamble by throwing him into the team. He may want to hold him back, and just play him occasionally. I think that's the worst case scenario for us, because we want to see what he can do playing regular first team football in this league.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I've got my doubts over Macheda so will be interested to see how he gets on there, as this is pretty much make or break for his United career I would think.

His first touch needs to develop a lot if he's to come back and force is way into our team. He won't get the same kind of service at QPR as with us, but if he can improve his individual game there then it will have been a good move.
I disagree, I think of our young strikers that Kiko has one of the best first touches. He has good feet and technique when controlling the ball, his problem for me is his pace which is rather slower and I think that will be the main barrier to entry into our team for him. If he can't find a way fit in with our quick counter style then I have a feeling he will be unfortunately shipped off.

I love it when our players go to other Premier League clubs, makes normally boring games much more exciting.

Hopefully he does well, he looked like a the real deal a couple of seasons back but he hasn't really had the chance to kick on his game as his development has stalled as a result.
Reminds me of my first ever grade card in secondary school, I was disappointed because I got all As. There was no where for me to go but down and much the same has happened with Kiko really, he exploded onto the scene with an astonishing late winner for us which helped us clinch the league and in turn we have put a large amount of pressure and expectation on him to develop into some world class talent by the age of 20-22 like Messi, which is a bit unrealistic. This seems a good move for him though and I hope he capitalises on it and shows everyone he deserves to play for us.

Agent Red

I disagree, I think of our young strikers that Kiko has one of the best first touches. He has good feet and technique when controlling the ball, his problem for me is his pace which is rather slower and I think that will be the main barrier to entry into our team for him. If he can't find a way fit in with our quick counter style then I have a feeling he will be unfortunately shipped off.
Really? In all the games I've seen him in this season I think his first touch has been one of the weakest parts of his game. Seems to really struggle to control it and often ends up chasing it down a few metres because he's overhit it or it's just sort of bounced off him when he's failed to control it initially.

He's better once he's got it under control, but I think his lack of control can seriously limit his options on the pitch. Often he'll be in a promising position but let himself down technically. My overwhelming image of him this season is one of him rueing a missed chance and wearing an expression of frustration.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Really? In all the games I've seen him in this season I think his first touch has been one of the weakest parts of his game. Seems to really struggle to control it and often ends up chasing it down a few metres because he's overhit it or it's just sort of bounced off him when he's failed to control it initially.

He's better once he's got it under control, but I think his lack of control can seriously limit his options on the pitch. Often he'll be in a promising position but let himself down technically. My overwhelming image of him this season is one of him rueing a missed chance and wearing an expression of frustration.
The same happened to Tevez around 85% of the time he received the ball but people forgot that because of his workrate, not that that absolves Macheda. Admittedly this season I don't particularly recall much from any of his performances but last season I thought it was exceptionally good for his age but then I personally like him so perhaps I'm only adequately recalling the times he's done well.

Agent Red

The same happened to Tevez around 85% of the time he received the ball but people forgot that because of his workrate, not that that absolves Macheda. Admittedly this season I don't particularly recall much from any of his performances but last season I thought it was exceptionally good for his age but then I personally like him so perhaps I'm only adequately recalling the times he's done well.
Yeah when he was with us I always felt that Tevez was not as technically strong as some of our other players, but I think the rest of his game and the fact he was a fairly regular scorer slightly made amends for that. He also became a better play technically when he went to City I think, though obviously his shit attitude made that eventually irrelevant.

Maciej

I'll be interested to see how he can cope with regular football in the Premier League. we've already witnessed his inability to score at Sampdoria, so I'm sceptical as to whether he can deliver or not.
Inabililty? He had his last start for them in February, if I remember correctly, so it wasn't that easy to score a goal in a match when you came on for 15 minutes to score for an Italian team which was going to get relegated.

prateik

We went through the same shit with Welbeck.
People claim to be better at spotting talent than the coaching staff at the club.
He might not turn out as well as Welbeck or he might be better. I dont know.

His progress has slowed down a bit over the last 18 months or so..
Fergie likes him, he likes it here and he has time on his side.
Plenty of positives. Hope he gets games and kicks on.

prateik

They might throw on the striker if they have nothing to lose.
Hope Norwich score again quickly

Maciej

You can't say too much after a 10-minute cameo. Norwich defended very well, but I think Macheda's movement was quite good.

It's nice to see that Warnock likes him and gave Kiko some minutes in his first full day in London.

hungrywing

You can't say too much after a 10-minute cameo. Norwich defended very well, but I think Macheda's movement was quite good.

It's nice to see that Warnock likes him and gave Kiko some minutes in his first full day in London.
He was. Although he looked mighty tentative on that first chance, like it was too good to be true to score within 30 seconds of the loan.

I think they may have something if SWP and Taarabt start picking him out.

LLMU

At least he won't be stick out on the wings here. Would love to see him playing upfront closer to goal as this is where he can be best utilised.

Decotron

He's going to have a hard time getting into the first team there. Helguson has been playing quite well lately, while there are some other half decent strikers there as well. Obviously, if he's going to be good enough for United though, he has to be good enough to find a way into the QPR first team or not. It's just whether Warnock is willing to take a gamble by throwing him into the team. He may want to hold him back, and just play him occasionally. I think that's the worst case scenario for us, because we want to see what he can do playing regular first team football in this league.
Thats absolute horseshit tbf.

Decotron

Pretty certain He didnt start more than 2 games in row once. He was generally used as a sub as Maciek said.

Sampdoria as a team were in turmoil. They had to somehow replace Cassano and Pazzini which was never going to happen. They reverted to playing some absolutely awful football with one lad up top.

From a football point of view It was never the opportunity it might have seemed. In terms of personal development that stint could still be the making of him as a footballer.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Pretty certain He didnt start more than 2 games in row once. He was generally used as a sub as Maciek said.

Sampdoria as a team were in turmoil. They had to somehow replace Cassano and Pazzini which was never going to happen. They reverted to playing some absolutely awful football with one lad up top.

From a football point of view It was never the opportunity it might have seemed. In terms of personal development that stint could still be the making of him as a footballer.
Fair play. I didn't watch him for Sampdoria (and in fairness didn't make that initial comment!), but I was curious, since I know he didn't score for them (perhaps in the cup he did).

I always felt a move in England, even Championship level, was what he needed. Apart from experiencing English football, Sampdoria just never seemed like a good move. A year on, it seems this could be the right development move for him.

Decotron

Fair play. I didn't watch him for Sampdoria (and in fairness didn't make that initial comment!), but I was curious, since I know he didn't score for them (perhaps in the cup he did).

I always felt a move in England, even Championship level, was what he needed. Apart from experiencing English football, Sampdoria just never seemed like a good move. A year on, it seems this could be the right development move for him.
I know he scored in his 2nd match for them. I think it was the in the cup as well.

He only started maybe 5 or 6 games in total. It was a genuine no win situation for him football wise.

I think the QPR move will work out a lot better for him. Maybe you could make sure he's not out on the tear every night ;)

Maciej

I wrote this in April. He got only two appearances after that post, both as a sub.

When Kiko joined Sampdoria, they were 9th team in Serie A with just nine points to Champions League spot.

At the moment, Sampdoria are 16th and have only one point more than the first team in relegation zone. In three months Federico is there, they lost 10 league matches and won just two. They haven’t won a game for two months. Since 9th January they’ve conceded 20 goals and scored only eight. In 15 matches.

One of Sampdoria fans says “At the moment we could have Jesus up front and we'd still lose”. They don’t blame the 19-year old Italian. They blame the team. “Macheda's got very little chance of scoring for Sampdoria, as there is just no creativity in our team to present him with a chance.” says other. Federico has scored only one goal during his loan at Sampdoria, against Udinese in Italy Cup. “He hasn’t scored any goals in the league, but he’s had 3 starts this season and we haven’t really scored any goals”.

The last game Macheda started was three days after their last win. That’s 16th February.

buckooo1978

I still don't know why the club thought that would be a good move for him.
as i remember he insisted on a move to italy...sampdoria were trying to replace Pazzini and Cassano with loans

its not always the clubs fault - look at Rossi and Newcastle - those idiots didnt give Rossi time on the pitch, preferring guys like Ameobi - they ended up relegated as i remember

I'm still torn on this loan for Macheda - can't help but think he would be better going to the championship - QPR have Helguson, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd and they prefer to play 1 up - this could mean ten minutes here, ten minutes there unless Macheda gets some early goals

going somewhere in the championship would have been good for his confidence, would have built him up and he would get regular football over the next few months

hopefully I'm wrong but I can't see too many starts for him at QPR

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
as i remember he insisted on a move to italy...sampdoria were trying to replace Pazzini and Cassano with loans
But the club should have said that he needs experience in english football because the football in England and Italy is totally different...........anyway that is in the past.

I'm still torn on this loan for Macheda - can't help but think he would be better going to the championship - QPR have Helguson, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd and they prefer to play 1 up - this could mean ten minutes here, ten minutes there unless Macheda gets some early goals
If Kiko can't beat Helguson/Bothroyd/Campbell/Mackie/Hulse/Smith for games in the next months then he's poor.............i've said it in a other thread all QPR strikers aren't good enough for a starting XI place for a PL team.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
But the club should have said that he needs experience in english football because the football in England and Italy is totally different...........anyway that is in the past.

If Kiko can't beat Helguson/Bothroyd/Campbell/Mackie/Hulse/Smith for games in the next months then he's poor.............i've said it in a other thread all QPR strikers aren't good enough for a starting XI place for a PL team.
But they have track records, at least 4 of them do. They can score goals, Campbell and Helguson in the prem, Mackie, Bothroyd in decent numbers in the Championship. Bothroyd is a decent target man, as has been mentioned elsewhere. Macheda has to show he can bring something concrete to the table in the Premier League. Hasn't done that yet for us.

Also, he can get away with being a passenger the odd day with United. That won't be acceptable for a club in QPR's position.

Hope he gets game time, wish him the best, I'm a bit worried though,