Federico Macheda Loan watch

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
its not always the clubs fault - look at Rossi and Newcastle - those idiots didnt give Rossi time on the pitch, preferring guys like Ameobi - they ended up relegated as i remember
You remember wrong, as they weren't relegated for another two and a half years. Still, the point stands that they didn't play him much; but there must be a reason why neither us or Newcastle did and we let him go. After all, he played more times for Newcastle in 6 months than he ever did for us. He couldn't have suited English football or something was holding him back. He simply couldn't have been showing off his Villarreal form in training etc.

I'm still torn on this loan for Macheda - can't help but think he would be better going to the championship - QPR have Helguson, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd and they prefer to play 1 up - this could mean ten minutes here, ten minutes there unless Macheda gets some early goals
True. But if Macheda can't prove himself at QPR over those three, he'll never be good enough/make it work for United. That might sound harsh and "make or break" during such a relatively short loan, but it might be true. He needs to take his chance now, I feel.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I was afraid of that. Figured that it might be a chance that this would be televised, as Fleetwood Town - Blackpool is actually available to stream

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I was afraid of that. Figured that it might be a chance that this would be televised, as Fleetwood Town - Blackpool is actually available to stream
That game is televised in Denmark at least.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Obviously Macheda hit the bar within the first 13th minutes of the game (if I heard that bastard on Soccer Saturday correctly)

Edit: Never mind, that was Mackie

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Macheda looking sharp already; played in Campbell with a nice pass - Campbell didn't capitalise.

Looking decent so far.

Widnes

Still better than teletext.
remember watchng united v Shef Wed in 1993 coming in on teletext, couldn't understand why it wasn't coming up with FT then Bruce 90+7 came up not sure I've celebrated a live goal as much as that one.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Another great incisive pass/cross by Macheda - Campbell again failing to take advantage.

Interesting to hear he's dropping deeper in this game and on the ball a lot more than he'd be at United.

Decotron

remember watchng united v Shef Wed in 1993 coming in on teletext, couldn't understand why it wasn't coming up with FT then Bruce 90+7 came up not sure I've celebrated a live goal as much as that one.
Hughes volley V Oldham, I now a chap that knocked himself out off a sideboard listening to that on the radio !!!! :lol:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I watched Andy Cole's 1st ever Utd goal v Aston Villa live on teletext. I went nuts.

Its too easy to watch football these days.

When I was a teenager I used to be able to half tune in sky sports on my TV even though I never subscribed to it. It was grainy and black and white with no sound.

So I had Radio 5 Live for commentary at the same time. They were never in sync with the TV

Widnes

I watched Andy Cole's 1st ever Utd goal v Aston Villa live on teletext. I went nuts.

Its too easy to watch football these days.

When I was a teenager I used to be able to half tune in sky sports on my TV even though I never subscribed to it. It was grainy and black and white with no sound.

So I had Radio 5 Live for commentary at the same time. They were never in sync with the TV
Crazy days even transfer news, only found out we had signed Andy Cole off ITV teletext after it happened. Non of these drawn out sagas for 18 months

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Macheda playing on the left now; lots of space to run at the back 4.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
He's played some fantastic balls into dangerous areas this half; technique of wrapping his boot around it and putting quality whip on it with his instep.

Wouldn't go as far as saying he's been a class apart, as some things too over-elaborate, but seeming like he's got the quality.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
HT: 0-0

Dons probably playing a bit better. Decent showing by the Mach.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Looking good on the ball; getting a fair bit of space to himself when he drops deep, and his movement's looking alright.

Seeing a different side to his game than we're used to - created more chances than he's had himself.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Hope he continues this for the rest of his spell. He needs confidence.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Commentator on Soccer Saturday saying that Macheda was 'particulary poor' in the 1th half, and that he probably will be subbed soon

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Ian Dowie just said he's playing really shit and the players are getting frustrated with him.

Widnes

Sky sports just said that he was very poor in the first half with his team mates getting frustrated with him and expecting him to go off.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
He's been alright. Nothing special, but don't think he was noticeable poor.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Another dangerous ball from Macheda whipped in from the left wing.

My commentator: "Macheda continues to be the shining light..."

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Great stepover and made some space to get a cross in; "Sublime skill", got to the byline and played in a fantastic cross over the goalkeeper, Superstar DJ fails to score at the back post.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Dons score, Bowditch taking advantage of Helgusson's poor defending. 1-0

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Kiko can't be doing that bad considering Campbell has just been subbed off for Helguson.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Macheda off for Bothroyd. Ran out of steam, but looked decent.