Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

No-one said Blind was great in midfield. I said he'd be a large upgrade on Fellaini, who is even less of a midfielder than Blind.
Even LVG who knew Blind very well from Netherlands national team wasn't willing to give him a place in midfield, he tried him for some time then changed his thoughts after.

Blind will only succeed as a midfielder in very slow league, definitely not in EPL.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Even LVG who knew Blind very well from Netherlands national team wasn't willing to give him a place in midfield, he tried him for some time then changed his thoughts after.

Blind will only succeed as a midfielder in very slow league, definitely not in EPL.
We were without left back.

Litch

Not going to happen. Irrespective of people's view of his ability, we are light in midfield and unless there's a rabbit out of the hat, we at present are 2 players short imo.

ice-bionic red

Never a Man Utd player. He'll be decent enough for another team when he does leave. We need better players

el3mel

He was our second best CB.
He planned to use him in CB starting from the preseason. If he saw him as a midfielder he would have brought a CB. Instead he chose to switch him to CB from the start of the season.

Tiber

Supect the tweets from Sport Witness that got posted earlier are 100% correct....pity

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
There's going to be a lot of irony whenever he leaves. He's probably been the most disliked player at United in recent seasons (except for maybe Di Maria?) yet he's had important moments that have helped us to win what trophies we've managed post-SAF...I respect him for making something out of what looked like a hopeless situation when Moysey first signed him. But you can see in games like against Barcelona this week that we need to look elsewhere for serious league and CL contention.

Having said that, we had better make sure that we've got the replacements for our MF before we cut any more veteran players out. I don't think we can realistically compete for anything with a MF that will see TFM, Pereira, or Tuanzebe getting minutes in the most important games, which we might well see if our injury history keeps up.
Wouldn't mind that to be honest. Would be quite refreshing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He planned to use him in CB starting from the preseason. If he saw him as a midfielder he would have brought a CB. Instead he chose to switch him to CB from the start of the season.
Because he liked what he saw from him, Blind hasn't been moved to other positions because of his performances in midfield but because of our lack of quality in other positions. Maybe LVG doesn't rate him in midfield or maybe he does but his changes of position were primarily motivated by a lack of depth and the fact that he beat the competition in those roles.

ghagua

Fellaini is Mourinho's special weapon. He is not going to get rid of him.

NoPace

Not going to happen. Irrespective of people's view of his ability, we are light in midfield and unless there's a rabbit out of the hat, we at present are 2 players short imo.
If there's 25M on the table for Fellaini I think we have to take it.

Pogba-Herrera-Signing-Pereira-Carrick is definitely risking it, but if we play a lot of 2 man midfields with Mata or Mkhitaryan as a 10, then it's not insane.

el3mel

Because he liked what he saw from him, Blind hasn't been moved to other positions because of his performances in midfield but because of our lack of quality in other positions. Maybe LVG doesn't rates him in midfield or maybe he does but his changes of position were primarily motivated by a lack of depth and the fact that he beat the competition in those roles.
"Our lack of quality in other positions" doesn't make sense, sorry. LVG in his second season went on and bought Schneiderlin and Bastian in the midfield to cover the gab and ends any chance of switching Blind there because he knew exactly he can't succeed here. Otherwise or instead of getting 2 CMFs in one summer he would have brought a CB and switch Blind to the midfield, so this "lack of quality stuff" doesn't make sense.

Yes he didn't rate him in the midfield and he was right in that and again we may argue Jose doesn't know Blind much but LVG was sure watches Eredivisie regularly to select his national team squad and knew everything about Blind so his opinion on him should be respected.

The fact is Blind has nothing in the midfield except some good passes. He lacks everything else. Hi slowness isn't just in his legs but he's also very slow in his passes and needs to stop and think before just making simple pass. In a position like DMF he'll get pressured heavily due to this and will result in disasters. He needs time on the ball and this can't be a character of a DMF. He lacks any creativity to be deployed much farther.

He doesn't have a preferred position but CB seems the most position most of his weaknesses got covered.

Acole9

Outstanding
The football purist police will be all over this one if it does happen.

ThanksBoss26

Pogba-Herrera-Signing-Pereira-Carrick is definitely risking it, but if we play a lot of 2 man midfields with Mata or Mkhitaryan as a 10, then it's not insane.
There won't be. Not with less than a year left on his contract.

LARulz

No way Mourinho sells him. He is a fantastic option to have for the managers and it's not like we are stacked with top quality in midfield/upfront. He's needed right now and unless Ed starts signing players he isn't going anywhere

NoPace

Fellaini is an upper mid table number 10 or a relegation fodder central midfielder. Blind would play in midfield for most mid-table teams.

That's my view anyway.
It's certainly easier for me to picture a midfield trio of:

Pogba-Herrera
---Blind-------

winning the league over any midfield we could throw out involving Fellaini. Blind got his move to United by having a strong season for Ajax as a DM in this setup and we know he can pass, tackle and read the game and he could drop in to a 3 man backline comfortably like many slower technically sound players who have played DM and CB like Dier does for Spurs. Is it so crazy to think Blind could be 90% of the player someone like Rafa Marquez has been throughout his career?

Stactix

I think Fellaini was one of the players I'd of hoped was sold but now that I think about it, he's a pretty useful player to have as long as he isn't playing 80% of games.
He's had a decent couple of seasons with Utd and he's chipped in with some very important goals and had some excellent performances to boot.

He's also one player that I think had the fans against him from pretty much day 1, despite that he's worked his arse off and kept fighting for the shirt.

I don't see this happening though, if players like Dier are rumoured at 45-50mill then Fellani is worth 30-35m if not more in this market and Galatarasy certainly won't pay that much.
Don't really see the point in selling, bring someone new in/ utilise Andreas & keep Fellani as a squad player.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's quite amazing that he is one of the few players to be left over from the Moyes error...I mean, era.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

No chance in hell Gala would pay anything more than 8-10 million for a player in his last year

Nick7

Pogba-Herrera
---Blind-------

winning the league over any midfield we could throw out involving Fellaini. Blind got his move to United by having a strong season for Ajax as a DM in this setup and we know he can pass, tackle and read the game and he could drop in to a 3 man backline comfortably like many slower technically sound players who have played DM and CB like Dier does for Spurs. Is it so crazy to think Blind could be 90% of the player someone like Rafa Marquez has been throughout his career?
I do love all three players but that midfield would be absolutely decimated by any opposing midfield with above average speed and strength.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hes being paid as a 30m panic buy and he is being played as a dm altough in reality he os a no 10. It only makes sense to sell him and bring in 2 dms (an experienced dm like matic and someone whose young enough to can act as matic cover/competitor

stu_1992

Don't see anything in this at all tbh. Not unless we sign some central midfield players first. We are too short on numbers in there to be able let him go at this time. As others have said he has his uses at time, but I wouldn't that would save him if we had the numbers.

starman

Played well in the EL final, as well as putting in some good performances throughout the season and scoring some important goals. Good to keep as a squad player but some people can't let go and get past their agendas cemented within them

Kapardin

If he leaves, he deserves to go with his head held high. His attitude, professionalism and dedication have been top notch and he's been a vital part of us winning 2 cups. I only think good things of him.

This seems to be gaining traction though. It has been confirmed by the Galatasaray Sporting Director that they are in talks with him and that would not be without Jose's consent. I reckon for all the whining, we are looking at getting in 2 midfielders and are selling Fellaini to balance the books. We would sell Smalling if it were not for the fact that we are still short of CBs without Rojo returning.

If we sell Fellaini and just bring in one DM, that's asking for trouble. Don't think Jose would do that.

Castia

He's got a year left on his deal and honestly I don't want to see him get another 4 years. I'd happily take £10m and move on.

He's useful every now and then but his dumb fecking mistakes outweigh any positives he brings to the squad, he's simply not good enough.

finneh

Pogba-Herrera
---Blind-------

Completely agree.

Blind's versatility and our injuries and lack of cover at CB and LB have resulted in him not having a chance to prove himself in that role.

I don't understand how a player who is a very good passer, reads the game very well and is technically good could be written off in a position that suits his strengths.

Especially when compared to Fellaini who sticks out like a sore thumb technically in our midfield.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Played well in the EL final, as well as putting in some good performances throughout the season and scoring some important goals. Good to keep as a squad player but some people can't let go and get past their agendas cemented within them
Hes being paid as a 30m panic buy/first teamer. A player with that salary should cover a much bigger role then that of a squad player

Hed Zitin

The club wouldn't possibly be stupid enough to sell a CM before buying.

I have not forgot the EL final. Got us to Wembley and I honestly believe if he'd been available to play the last games of that season, we'd of been playing CL football because he was in good form.

settembrini

And I will use same forum to argue your opinions
Go on then. Because all you have done so far is ask me who I am (which is weird), say that I don't make any decisions (even weirder) and say that everyone on this forum should be quiet and leave it to the manager (weirder still). You genuinely seem to be struggling with the concept of a discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.