Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

botond

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time on (you can barely string a sentence) but I'll power on.

A) Marouane Fellaini is not a defensive midfielder.
B) Marouane Fellaini's biggest strengths are best utilised in more advanced, attacking areas of the pitch.

I don't know how anybody who claims to have an interest in following Manchester United, or football for that matter, can disagree with those two statements. What, exactly, is bullshit?

I'm not entirely sure what you're even attempting to debate here. My initial post about Matic being a much better defensive midfielder than Fellaini is also true, yet you still found an issue with that for some inane reason.

listen dumbass , english is my 4th and worst language . how many sentences can you string together in your 4th language ? dont need to get personal .

on topic , what are those big attacking strengths of fellaini ? you say hes a midfielder , used in attack . so an attacking midfielder ?

an attacking midfielder who cannot run with the ball , is slow , cant dribble or shoot .

hes just a big useless lump to whom we can hoof it up when nothing else works , like a 6th place side would do .

prath92

Playing Fellaini full stop has, but it only takes one half decent performance to get his advocators going again. I can already hear the "Where are the haters now?!" when he completes 5 consecutive easy passes and doesn't elbow someone in the face in meantime.
It's the opposite. If he has one pass which he misplaced, there would be tons of 'why is fellaini in the team' 'playing with 10 men' etc. Even if he has a good game, those posters generally go 'he played well but he shouldn't play again'.

Do you not notice a sense of calm and enjoyment when watching United without Fellaini? Yeah he's a decent squad member but the amount of starts he gets isn't on, and only happens because we had no one better for the physical games. I expect to see him a lot less now we have Matic.
thats another myth that united without fellaini is like the best team to watch and with him we play like some pub team. We have had plenty of amazing performances with him in the side, most notably the last competitive game we played before today.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's a reason people direct their frustration towards him though. His first touch is poor, his passing is inconsistent, he slows down attacks, he tackles like an idiot and throws his elbows around.

Sure, I agree he's good to throw on last minute for a bit of height and aggression but he stands out like a sore thumb against quality ball playing opposition.
So what does our manager (+ LVG and Moyes) see that so many fans don't?! Surely that all can't be wrong?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's the opposite. If he has one pass which he misplaced, there would be tons of 'why is fellaini in the team' 'playing with 10 men' etc. Even if he has a good game, those posters generally go 'he played well but he shouldn't play again'.
It's quite obvious that he has more mediocre to poor games than he does very good ones, so I don't really know how it can be the opposite.

prath92

It's quite obvious that he has more mediocre to poor games than he does very good ones, so I don't really know how it can be the opposite.
Not really true. You can read his performance threads and a lot of games he would have done well and you will see it in the posts too. Then there would be one poor game and the floodgates will open

Kag

listen dumbass , english is my 4th and worst language . how many sentences can you string together in your 4th language ? dont need to get personal .

on topic , what are those big attacking strengths of fellaini ? you say hes a midfielder , used in attack . so an attacking midfielder ?

an attacking midfielder who cannot run with the ball , is slow , cant dribble or shoot .

hes just a big useless lump to whom we can hoof it up when nothing else works , like a 6th place side would do .
You've lost me, I'm afraid. I'm not even sure you understand what you're arguing with me about.

You picked up on a post of mine where I said that Matic was better than Fellaini at just about everything a defensive midfielder entails. You then asked me if Fellaini was a #10 in what appeared to be a mocking tone.

Since, I've merely told you what kind of player Fellaini is, which you still have a problem with. In essence, I've sorta criticised Fellaini (in comparison to Matic) only for you to get on my back for it and criticise Fellaini even further. Misunderstanding or what?

AXVnee7

So what does our manager (+ LVG and Moyes) see that so many fans don't?! Surely that all can't be wrong?
I agree with you in that Fellaini does a lot more than he gets credit for, and certainly is a viable Manchester United footballer. In fairness though both LVG and Moyes got sacked on the basis of poor results so their judgment can be questioned. Obviously Mourinho is a different matter and Fellaini has been used the best since he joined Utd under Mourinho. His performances against Celta Vigo and Ajax in the Europa League last year were certainly worthy of positive appraisal.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not really true. You can read his performance threads and a lot of games he would have done well and you will see it in the posts too. Then there would be one poor game and the floodgates will open
The floodgates open when he fecks up yeah. The odd goal or decent performance doesn't make up for it for a lot of people.
There is a lot of average to poor and fecking up compared to goals and good performances.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
thats another myth that united without fellaini is like the best team to watch and with him we play like some pub team. We have had plenty of amazing performances with him in the side, most notably the last competitive game we played before today.
It's not a myth, I do watch United you know. It's like when Rooney was past it and was just a liability, it's a similar feeling. You just don't trust him on the ball.

Again, I'd keep him as a squad player but he should be getting a lot less minutes now we've got some talent in the centre of midfield.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Because he does offer certain positive attributes to the game, but they're not exactly welcome. LVG used him as the long ball target, Mourinho did a few times last season. I want to see a United that play quick, direct football like we used to, not pump it up to an elbowing giant of a man and hope for the best.

I'll say it one last time, I'm happy to have him as a squad player but we can do a lot better for regular minutes. That's why we've bought Matic and promoting Pereira/McTominay.

Jaybomb

I was at the game and I thought he had a really good game. Passed the ball forward a good bit too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Because he does offer certain positive attributes to the game, but they're not exactly welcome. LVG used him as the long ball target, Mourinho did a few times last season. I want to see a United that play quick, direct football like we used to, not pump it up to an elbowing giant of a man and hope for the best.

I'll say it one last time, I'm happy to have him as a squad player but we can do a lot better for regular minutes. That's why we've bought Matic and promoting Pereira/McTominay.
Not according to our managers.
Matic is cover for Carrick not Fellaini

RooneyLegend

These managers have lost the plot, no big team that takes itself seriously as a big team should have a Fellaini. If you want an emergency big oaf, why not sign Carroll then? at least he sometimes scores with his feet. In midfield he's a disaster, that should be a non starter for a big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.