Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM K

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man-united-talks-trabzonspor-midfielder/

Reports are claiming that Trabzonspor wants Fellaini. What makes this worth considering is that there is a quote of the club's president, Muharrem Usta, in which Fellaini is specifically mentioned. Here it is:

We are focusing our efforts on signing a midfielder and striker.

We are looking for players who will improve the team and help fill our new stadium.

The midfielders we are in talks with are Fellaini and Natcho. We are also in talks with the striker Soldado.

I have a feeling this will excite many fans if it is confirmed.

AndyJ1985

I'd be happy to see him leave, but only after we've brought in a few midfielders. We're already light in that position.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Wouldn't be against it, but don't think he'd go to Turkey, as it wouldn't even be at one of the top sides.

el3mel

If this is true, with Carrick possibly leaving, we'll need at least 2 midfielders in summer. It'll be better for us, though.

MadMike

I'd be happy to see him leave, but only after we've brought in a few midfielders. We're already light in that position.
My only concern is that since January Carrick has been showing signs that he couldn't handle another year. He's been failing to impose himself on games and his passing has been a bit erratic when pressed.

Which means if Fellaini goes too, we need 2 new CMs on top of Pereira. I wouldn't mind keeping him for one more year but certainly not at the expense of either losing him for free or having to offer him a new contract.

tomaldinho1

I can see Jose doing a bit of a general overhaul this summer as there are so many players he seems not to trust. Fellaini is someone he seems to like so unless its big big money I would be surprised if he goes Trabzonspor of all places.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What a crap title. I thought it was a done deal

MadMike

I can see Jose doing a bit of a general overhaul this summer as there are so many players he seems not to trust. Fellaini is someone he seems to like so unless its big big money I would be surprised if he goes Trabzonspor of all places.
No one is going to offer big big money for Fellaini. And that's before considering he's on his final year of contract.

Rake

If the president is discussing it openly then there is something in it, clubs are forbidden to discuss transfers with the players unless the current employer agrees first.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
There are rumours he sold his house at the same time he got his red card. I think he will be supermotivated to leave with a trophy, he has performed really well if he was 25 i d still keep him as a squad option but i do think at 30 he will be looking at one last great contract.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What do you call a cheese that isn't yours?

Natcho cheese!

Abizzz

If this is true Mourinho will already have replacements in order. Mourinho can be quick and shrewd in his signings, wouldn't at all be surprised if he found someone who was flying under our radar but can fulfill the roles Mourinho envisages for the central midfield. With Mourinho fully in charge of transfers this summer it will hopefully be a world of a difference to the last 3.

I'll be honest, Fellaini has grown on me a bit. Yeah he's clumsy, but he cares every game, and has come up with the goods often enough now to have some fond memories of his time here. That said, it's time to move on for both him and United. He can shine in a more limited team, and United need a more technical capable player in the center.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mourinho knows he needs to find new legs Carrick and replace Schneiderlin as it is. Hel keep hold of Fellaini and make him reduced to cameos I reckon.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Can't see this happening - Jose seems to appreciate him, and I doubt he'd go to Turkey at this stage of his career. If he left then he'd probably stay in England and join either Pulis or Allardyce.

Turkleton

I personally hope not. He's a player who can cover 3 positions and he doesn't complain when sitting on the bench. Valuable squad player who's been space goated since Moyes first transfer window.
The problem is he covers those positions poorly for the most part.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He signed an extension in January.
An extension because his current one expired this summer.
-----
I think it's 50/50, really. When/if we sign another midfielder, he'll be fourth choice, possibly fifth if we sign two (Pogba, Herrera, new CM(s), Fellaini). Mourinho would like to keep him, no doubt, but I think it'd be like a Schneiderlin scenario where he will not stand in his way if he wants to go.

Alabaster Codify7

We can definitely improve on Fellaini as a useful squad player, I like his attitude but not particularly his application. There are less clumsy midfielders out there who can offer the team the same qualities, surely?!

TheReligion

Abusive
I personally hope not. He's a player who can cover 3 positions and he doesn't complain when sitting on the bench. Valuable squad player who's been space goated since Moyes first transfer window.
Fellaini is the embodiment of a space goat. You're right.

CM

I'm not a massive fan of Fellaini by any means but he has become one of Mourinho's trusted players this season and we're dangerously low on numbers in midfield as it is. I think it'd be too much of an undertaking for one summer when there are already a few positions that need addressing in the team.

Zlatattack

Woohoo. Please let it be true. I think if Schniederlin got the game time he did, he'd still be at United and would be our regular CDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.