Gaming FIFA 16

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Again, I find it ironic that last year I used to grind out 1-0s in PES while racking up 8-6 scorelines in FIFA while this year it's the other way around and I can have no less than 4 goals a game on PES but maximum 2 in FIFA.

Hal9000

I cant seem to link up more than 3 passes without someone intercepting.

My friend was a possession play maniac, literally had 70 - 80% every match could not link up more than 5 - 10 passes, either due to an unforced error, or my defenders making interceptions automatically.

I think the game got pretty ruined for players who play a passing game.
Not really, it's just they've actually made playing a passing game take a bit of time to learn now.

I used to play possession game, but i'm finding this more fun/challenging because it's not just pressing x and a direction and being able to one touch it around the pitch, even around corners....

They've heavily turned down the assist on passing, you can't pass at stupid angles anymore, can't expect to pass 2 feet from a defender in front and for them not to get it and they've turned off that stupid automatic chip pass, which got you out of 75% of situations in 14/15.

The only thing i don't like is that how slow the ball trickles if you press pass down for a long time, have to get used to using the new driven pass function if you want to play a ground pass with speed.

Luminous Lizard

I'm really liking the career mode so far, the AI is much more fun to play against. Apart from when they decide to keep the ball in defence for ten minutes mind.

Got the achievement play beautiful for 80G earlier which was nice, scoring some nice goals with it.

Sarni

I'm really liking the career mode so far, the AI is much more fun to play against. Apart from when they decide to keep the ball in defence for ten minutes mind.

Got the achievement play beautiful for 80G earlier which was nice, scoring some nice goals with it.
Difficulty level is what does it for me in career mode. Presentation is fantastic and I enjoy the gameplay but the AI does not even try to play football on Professional, they sit back the whole game, and on World Class all teams are Barcelona. Get something in between and I'll love it.

Luminous Lizard

Yeah they need an in between,I think that's the thought behind the sliders but I don't like changing them as it feels a bit like cheating.

I'm on world class at the moment and it can be difficult to get the ball of them as it's way too good and keep ball but I think it's a step in the right direction at least.

Shooting is the only down side for me this game, don't know if I just haven't got the hang of it but it seems so inconsistent. I swear I'm doing the exact same thing and sometimes it's top corner and the next up in the stands

JB7

Really enjoying FIFA this year, been playing on legendary and have found it pretty challenging but find it suits my way of playing the game. Put together a decent Bournemouth side and am sitting in 9th I think after 20 games, with one of the best defences in the league. Generally very good at keeping the ball but aren't always breaking teams down, which you'd expect from Bournemouth I guess. Made some solid signings to come in for next season in the January window, too.

I play with the fully manual settings, would completely recommend it to anyone that is struggling with passing - I've been playing manual since FIFA 11 I think and it makes the game far more rewarding.

Ole90+3

I think I'm about done with Ultimate team already. Even in Division 10 everyone has some sort of superstar team and even if my ragtag bunch of scoundrels completely outplay them I'll lose because of an incredibly stupid chemistry or player quality related balls up. Just gave draft a go and with 20 shots to their 3 and 64% possession to their 36% I managed to lose 2-0; their keeper played the greatest game known to man whereas I managed to lose from Evra trying to clear a random long ball and instead missing and falling on his arse for their striker to appear on screen and run through. Oh and they got a 90th minute penalty.
The GKs are incredibly OP in this game overall, but I've found it's particularly consistent in FUT.

FUT has already been a more arcadey module of the FIFA series. I've always enjoyed regular seasons a lot more.

I love playing with so many different teams this year, which is so unusual for me with FIFA games. I usually find it difficult to find a team I enjoy, and when I do I then play with the them constantly.

Each team seems to have their own feel to them. Loving Crystal Palace especially at the moment. Bolasie and Zaha really seem to have a unique feel to them.

Haven't even tried any Bundesliga teams yet, and they are usually the ones I enjoy playing with the most.

Shark

@NotShark
I've found this an absolute pleasure to play since toning down the CPU ''marking'' slider and tweaking their passing error a slight bit on World Class. It's definitely the best Fifa in ages in terms of gameplay.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I've found this an absolute pleasure to play since toning down the CPU ''marking'' slider and tweaking their passing error a slight bit on World Class. It's definitely the best Fifa in ages in terms of gameplay.
Completely agree with this.

I'm on world class in my career mode, with tweaks to the marking, passing and goalkeeping of the CPU it's near enough perfect.

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah they need an in between,I think that's the thought behind the sliders but I don't like changing them as it feels a bit like cheating.

I'm on world class at the moment and it can be difficult to get the ball of them as it's way too good and keep ball but I think it's a step in the right direction at least.

Shooting is the only down side for me this game, don't know if I just haven't got the hang of it but it seems so inconsistent. I swear I'm doing the exact same thing and sometimes it's top corner and the next up in the stands
The sliders are there for a reason, I don't think it's comparable to cheating unless you're seriously tweaking them. Hull City passing the ball without error for 90 minutes is not a step in the right direction and neither is your inability to string together a pass against them.

Sarni

What tweaks have you done? Please tell me how and where to do them! Please!

Shark

@NotShark
What tweaks have you done? Please tell me how and where to do them! Please!
Im at work right now so can't promise the exact settings. But I do know I set the CPU Marking one to 45. Then upped passing error and first touch error by one or two. So 51/52. It's by no means perfect and I can't guarantee weaker opposition still won't cause a lot of hassle, but it's ultimately much better for me.

JB7

Yeah manual settings is all well and good for offline play. Try it online and you'll get battered.
I don't play online due to the ridiculous nature of those I used to come up against online - quitting when losing or exploiting glitches when winning, etc. I used manual when playing against mates and still find I play better using it as that's what I'm used to.

Sarni

Im at work right now so can't promise the exact settings. But I do know I set the CPU Marking one to 45. Then upped passing error and first touch error by one or two. So 51/52. It's by no means perfect and I can't guarantee weaker opposition still won't cause a lot of hassle, but it's ultimately much better for me.
Cheers!

Sarni

I don't play online due to the ridiculous nature of those I used to come up against online - quitting when losing or exploiting glitches when winning, etc. I used manual when playing against mates and still find I play better using it as that's what I'm used to.
I lose interest in online sometimes because of what you say. Particularly frustrating experience is having to endure watching full replays of every single goal.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Online is great. Single player is not so great. The speed in single player is a bit crazy

Luminous Lizard

The sliders are there for a reason, I don't think it's comparable to cheating unless you're seriously tweaking them. Hull City passing the ball without error for 90 minutes is not a step in the right direction and neither is your inability to string together a pass against them.
Yeah fair enough if you're not using it to exploit the game.

Do you play online often? I feel like if I use the sliders I'd be used to a slightly different game than my opponents and I mostly play clubs

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah fair enough if you're not using it to exploit the game.

Do you play online often? I feel like if I use the sliders I'd be used to a slightly different game than my opponents and I mostly play clubs
I do play online at times too. Tbh I'd say most people use sliders against the A.I. Most sane people anyway.

They don't change how you play the game, it's still going to be Fifa 16, unless as I mentioned, you went crazy with them.

Sarni

Today is FIFA day for me anyway, been playing PES way too much recently. Actually this might be the first time I ever I manage to split my time between the two football games.

Devil81

I lose interest in online sometimes because of what you say. Particularly frustrating experience is having to endure watching full replays of every single goal.
Worst thing for me is when someone decides to defend a one goal lead by passing between goalkeeper and defenders none stop. A full second half I was chasing impossible balls the other day, felt like throwing my controller at the TV.

Sarni

Worst thing for me is when someone decides to defend a one goal lead by passing between goalkeeper and defenders none stop. A full second half I was chasing impossible balls the other day, felt like throwing my controller at the TV.
The game is guilty of not applying pressure from AI-controlled players.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Struggling a bit to adapt to the new passing system. I'm already in 3rd division in FUT, and 80% of the goals I concede are from passing errors in the defense.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm very condident that they removed a lot of the passing changes in FUT on PC. Gameplay already feels quite close to the old versions.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The game is guilty of not applying pressure from AI-controlled players.
Yeah, playing against AI and they're all over my players, man marking, tracking, the lot.

My team AI players though, a whole different shower of shit, running around like headless chickens, standing as far away as possible from the opposition and playing the worst lines you've ever seen in your life.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm playing this on Playstation 3. It's different and I'm slowly coming to grips with it.

I was a counter attacking player with pack on the wings. Not anymore. I can't use Di Maria and sprint through teams anymore.

Now I have Mata and Memphis on the wings and play a more patient build up.

No close control botton is killing me. I take it that to control the ball at pace or turning is done with just the left stick?

Anyway. Shaw is a beast. Darmian is technically very good. Smalling is colossal and Martial is deadly in front of goal.

I still haven't figured out the off the ball dribbling yet. I'm not one for special moves but I really need to learn how to change direction at pace.

DM07

I love how they have fecked up the lofted through ball. Yesterday my opponent online kept trying them and losing the ball. Gave me a great pleasure to see that he eventually had to try and play proper football in an effort to win instead of scoring through impossible through balls like the previous games.

Sarni

I am enjoying Career mode greatly today @Shark thanks for the settings, they seem perfect. I have 6 points from 6 games which is terrible but improving my performances lately.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I can't play Ultimate Team this year.

Career with adjusted sliders is great!

Don16

Annoying cnut
Does anyone know if there's a plan for an update/patch for some player face scans? Three big signings for United this year all have the generic faces, Memphis Darmian and Martial

Sarni

I lost to Sunderland and Arsenal and am 15th after 8 games.

Am I getting sacked?

Sarni

Literally all games are very tight but the crucial part for me is that I can really notice the difference between Arsenal and Sunderland and how they are playing this time around. Granted I lost to both but Arsenal's performance was dominant while Sunderland hit me on the counter and capitalized on my errors.

Just got a 0-0 draw at Goodison which is a step in good direction. Still I should have won with the amount of chances I created.

Jam

The GKs are incredibly OP in this game overall, but I've found it's particularly consistent in FUT.

FUT has already been a more arcadey module of the FIFA series. I've always enjoyed regular seasons a lot more.

I love playing with so many different teams this year, which is so unusual for me with FIFA games. I usually find it difficult to find a team I enjoy, and when I do I then play with the them constantly.

Each team seems to have their own feel to them. Loving Crystal Palace especially at the moment. Bolasie and Zaha really seem to have a unique feel to them.

Haven't even tried any Bundesliga teams yet, and they are usually the ones I enjoy playing with the most.
Oh for sure and I've enjoyed the gameplay itself especially in regular seasons mode. FIFA 16 on a purely game to game basis is a good game but all the excess surrounding Ultimate Team made that mode unenjoyable for me this year so far.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'm getting zero enjoyment out of the single player in this game. It's just so boring.

Career mode is tedious as feck. Every game tight as hell

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Happened to me earlier. There's nothing you can do when they start doing that. I just quit the game

Shark

@NotShark
I am enjoying Career mode greatly today @Shark thanks for the settings, they seem perfect. I have 6 points from 6 games which is terrible but improving my performances lately.
Tell me about it... I was actually frustrated when playing it tonight as most of my games are ending 0-0. I can't break down the A.I's fecking defence. Even when you win the ball in the oppositions half, they cancel you out.