Gaming FIFA 18 PS4 League

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Anyone from Group A free to play this evening? I should be home about 6.30. Any time from then should be good.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Quick question guys.. been struggling with barging players off the ball in say a shoulder to shoulder confrontation.

Bit confused, do I use the push/pull and standing tackle button in these situations or do I use the Protect the ball L2 button?

Also do you tap the button or hold it, and does it depend on whether you're in a defensive situation or attacking situation.

Keep getting overpowered by better players in those situations so would appreciate any advice!

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Quick question guys.. been struggling with barging players off the ball in say a shoulder to shoulder confrontation.

Bit confused, do I use the push/pull and standing tackle button in these situations or do I use the Protect the ball L2 button?

Also do you tap the button or hold it, and does it depend on whether you're in a defensive situation or attacking situation.

Keep getting overpowered by better players in those situations so would appreciate any advice!
Hold O/B and spam L2/LT when jostling.

To hold off players hold L2 and actively move ball away from belligerent.

Strength stat plays a huge part. Much easier to shield ball with Kane than Rashford etc

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hold O/B and spam L2/LT when jostling.

To hold off players hold L2 and actively move ball away from belligerent.

Strength stat plays a huge part. Much easier to shield ball with Kane than Rashford etc
Wow.. so you have to use them in conjunction. Explains why I've been messing up.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Think it was you I played. Well done if so. Feel like such a noob with you guys, tried a change of button layout today but felt at times I was okay and other times totally lost. Standing tackle is getting better but it's the physical side of the game.. haven't quite mastered the timings etc

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Think it was you I played. Well done if so. Feel like such a noob with you guys, tried a change of button layout today but felt at times I was okay and other times totally lost. Standing tackle is getting better but it's the physical side of the game.. haven't quite mastered the timings etc
Wasn't me, but I'll take the win if it's on offer?!

Can play our match in about half an hour if you're free? Eating atm, and the Arsenal game isn't a fun watch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wasn't me, but I'll take the win if it's on offer?!

Can play our match in about half an hour if you're free? Eating atm, and the Arsenal game isn't a fun watch.
:lol: oops, feck knows who it was.

Won't be able to but I'll let you know when I am next on.

Xcited

It was me mate. I was Napoli 4.5* you were RB 4*. 5-1 Win for me.

For what it's worth I thought you were a solid decent player.

Good game pal.

@Eboue

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It was me mate. I was Napoli 4.5* you were RB 4*. 5-1 Win for me.

For what it's worth I thought you were a solid decent player.

Good game pal.

@Eboue
My first Fifa in 6 years, and its showing up big time tbh.. but good thing is playing you lads is making me aware of what needs working on. You were crazy good with Insigne!

Xcited

My first Fifa in 6 years, and its showing up big time tbh.. but good thing is playing you lads is making me aware of what needs working on. You were crazy good with Insigne!
It's changed alot in that time too! I'm sure as time progresses you'll recover your previous form.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@Xeno really sorry dude I had to help move things into the shed. I can msg you when im properly on so it doesnt waste time? Just going to eat dinner quickly first

Xeno

@Xeno really sorry dude I had to help move things into the shed. I can msg you when im properly on so it doesnt waste time? Just going to eat dinner quickly first
Other half killing me mate, I’m about tomorrow night!