Gaming FIFA 19

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It’s ridiculous how well 3-4-1-2 is going for me. I’ve played 10-15 games in div rivals. Usually I’m winning as much as losing since I’m playing at my skill level, but I’ve only drawn one of those games and won the rest. Gone up around 200 in skill rating and don’t think I’ve reached my peak yet. Something that I didn’t mention in my long post about the formation (because I wasn’t aware of it) is that my wide midfielders have high/high workrates. I think that’s the reason behind the success. You need them to have those workrates in order to make it an effective 5 man defense (which removes the weakness against wide formations) and get them forward to outnumber the opposition. I’m using Swap Antonio on the right, and he’s so often unmarked at the back post. It’s so easy, I’m just playing the ball out wide to my unmarked Robertson and then cross to either Lukaku or Antonio who is usually unmarked.

Played a game just now against a guy that was really good at defending. Could only score one goal, but he couldn’t break through my ‘5 man’ defense, so it ended 1-0.
How do you find it against 4231? The problem I've had is everyone plays that formation and has the 3 CAMs set to stay forward. If I lose the ball with both wingers up the pitch that's when it gets countered.

I've been using the formation since 17, it's definitely my favourite. I did the flashback Alves SBC as he seems perfect for it.

Macern

Pee pee pants
How do you find it against 4231? The problem I've had is everyone plays that formation and has the 3 CAMs set to stay forward. If I lose the ball with both wingers up the pitch that's when it gets countered.

I've been using the formation since 17, it's definitely my favourite. I did the flashback Alves SBC as he seems perfect for it.
I also mostly face 4231 and I’ve had no issues against it. The wide mids are very quick to get back, and I usually have both CMs deep in the pitch to provide extra defensive cover.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Threw 90k on two of those 2 45k promo packs, pack 1? Nothing, pack 2? Aguero who I'd recently sold to do Vieri. 170k profit for Padr81. Not buying another pack. If I was to sell SIF Mahrez I could field a team of

Courtois
CL Walker
Prime Rio
Varane
Marcelo
Fabinho
Casemiro
Prime Hagi
PotM Hazard
Prime Vieri
NIF Mahrez or PotM Lucas.

My current team is
IF Allison
CL Walker
CL Alderweireld
Prime Rio
Telles
Fabinho
Casemiro
Prime Hagi
PotM Hazard
Prime Vieri
SIF Mahrez

Be taking a minor hit offensively for a massive boost defensively I think. Any of you guys able to throw in your 2p on whether I should do it or not. Hoping for an Icon RW in the next bunch which would be awesome.

pascell

Did 8 of the 45k promo packs, best pull was a bunch of 83s, gonna have to start investing again to make it all back. Not my brightest moment as I wanted Pogba but 490k on one player is ridiculous but it could've helped me do some futmas cards

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Am I the only person left who just plays career mode in FIFA?

I don't get the FUT hype. It looks annoying.

SirAF

Ageist

Probably, I can’t stand FIFA offline :p I don’t like FUT either so Seasons is the mode to go to.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Been working my way through the Serie A league SBC’s, went from 130k down to about 45k with 8 teams left to do. Was furious I wasted so much but I’ve just finished the Juve one and packed TOTW 87 Werner :drool:

Edit: Sold for £440k!

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch

I'm playing a lot of career mode. It gets a bit repetitive and boring though. I play about 2 games + player training sessions then I'm done.

Brinky

Packed Red Werner with the player picks and using him a few times in my Serie A team on even 4 chem and he is amazing. Any tips on how to create a fun Serie A hybrid in order to fit him in? Other than Khedira I cant think of anything?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Probably, I can’t stand FIFA offline :p I don’t like FUT either so Seasons is the mode to go to.
True the AI in FIFA is annoying as feck. I prefer just playing seasons as well, but generally I go for single player if I play in the evenings. I tend to get a bit frustrated when I lose and that's not good for my night's sleep.

SirAF

Ageist
True the AI in FIFA is annoying as feck. I prefer just playing seasons as well, but generally I go for single player if I play in the evenings. I tend to get a bit frustrated when I lose and that's not good for my night's sleep.
We've all been there :lol: My brother broke his FIFA disc once.. these days he has to resort to just deleting the game!

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Been lucky with the packs lately, got myself Mbappe today.. Need to invest in icons now I think, as my team is:

Courtois

IF Lala-Varane -Ramos -A.Sandro

Pogba - KdB -Fabinho

Mbappe - UCL Rabiot - Neymar

EvilChuck

Found a formation/custom tactic that works for me at last. 433(2) with the one cdm works a treat, and my team is playing exactly how i want them to.

Current line up

86 Szceszny
OTW Cancelo - Manolas - CL Koulibaly - Alex Sandro
EL .SMS - Naingolan - CL Hamsik
OTW Verdi - Immobile - CL Perisic.

I have the full backs set to balanced attack and overlap runs so they give support in attack.

Naingolan is the CDM, set to stay back and cover centre, the other 2 CMs are set to balanced attack, and cover wing, protects on counters if the full backs join the attack.

The wingers are set to stay forward, get in behind, and cut inside. They start literally hugging the line but by the final third are making runs between the opposition FB and CB.

ST set to stay forward, and get in behind.

Defence is balanced, 6 depth and 4 width
Attack is balanced, 7 width and 4 players in the box.

Its hard to explain why it works so well for me, but it just feels like i have a lot more control, as the overall focus of the tactic is to maintain the shape of the team in both attack and defence. And goals come from everywhere. Scored 5 in a game earlier where both CMs, both wingers.and the ST all scored 1 goal which hasnt happened for me at all this fifa

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Weekend League is so insanely draining
Tell me about it. This is only the second weekend league I have ever done.First one finished gold 2 with a record of 19-11 and this time around I finished gold 2 yet again but with a 18-12 record. Yet I have no doubt I played better this weekend league despite having one less win. I lost many games that I felt were Fifa aids or I handed the game away lots of 5-4 3-2 and one 1-0 loss. I feel I am or can be a gold 1 player I was 14-4 at one point and ended 18-12 I feel I threw gold 1 away :mad::(.

My team is:

4-1-3-2

Ederson
IF Meunier(top class)- Thiago Silva- Felipe- Alex Telles

Kondogbia

Dembele- Wass OTW Promes

Rodrigo IF Andre Silva

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Tell me about it. This is only the second weekend league I have ever done.First one finished gold 2 with a record of 19-11 and this time around I finished gold 2 yet again but with a 18-12 record. Yet I have no doubt I played better this weekend league despite having one less win. I lost many games that I felt were Fifa aids or I handed the game away lots of 5-4 3-2 and one 1-0 loss. I feel I am or can be a gold 1 player I was 14-4 at one point and ended 18-12 I feel I threw gold 1 away :mad::(.

My team is:

4-1-3-2

Ederson
IF Meunier(top class)- Thiago Silva- Felipe- Alex Telles

Kondogbia

Dembele- Wass OTW Promes

Rodrigo IF Andre Silva
Well done for completing all 30 games! I stopped at 18-3 simply because it was absolutely draining me. 90% of the games felt like playing against AI defending and timed finesse shots..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been playing just basic online seasons and having a blast. Played 20 games over the weekend and won 19, drawing the other.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Well done for completing all 30 games! I stopped at 18-3 simply because it was absolutely draining me. 90% of the games felt like playing against AI defending and timed finesse shots..
With the spare time you've got from not finishing weekend league you should run another FM experiment. Pretty please

padr81

Supports
Man City
Enjoyed WL this week as I didn't touch the game from last Sunday till Saturday (Saturday was laggy and annoying) but I really enjoyed Saturday night and Sunday. Only got 17 wins from 28 but meh, I felt better playing the game. Cutting out rivals and Squad Battles has made me hate the game less.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
With the spare time you've got from not finishing weekend league you should run another FM experiment. Pretty please
I dont got the computer or spare time to finish it this year :( Havent even bought FM this season, first time since CM 07/08 or something like that..

eggwithsideburns

For me the game is a broken mess. All last week it was the worst button lag, like I didn't have the basic expected ability of pressing pass and it actually pass the ball when you press the button. When receiving the ball it would take like half a second for the game to register I had the ball so I can't even move my player around etc, tackling is impossible. Its infuriating. This lasted a whole week and I must have played about 40 games like this and then all of a sudden the game was working again, it was beautiful and unbelievable how smooth and reactionary it felt, the joyful feeling of being able to move my character or pass as soon as I press my controller. Its complete night and day compared to how the game performs when its unresponsive/button lag. Now I am back to the broken horrible gameplay. I know during WL the servers are overloaded and people experience sluggish games but I'm getting it all through the week too.

The real problem for me and what leaves me scratching my head is and this is no exaggeration is that for me the game is a broken unresponsive mess for like 90% of my games, so I'm left thinking where is my fifa? I don't actually have a working game. I wouldn't be fussed if it was a few game here or there but its the majority of my games.

I have tried literally everything to fix it too, I have even moved house from Manchester to Cardiff and I have the same issue. If its something to do with my tv why would some games feel so responsive now and then? I play in game mode. I'm lost for words to why this is my fifa experience.

Another weird thing is for the first few weeks the game worked perfectly for me but now its broken.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have tried literally everything to fix it too, I have even moved house from Manchester to Cardiff and I have the same issue. If its something to do with my tv why would some games feel so responsive now and then? I play in game mode. I'm lost for words to why this is my fifa experience.

Another weird thing is for the first few weeks the game worked perfectly for me but now its broken.
Damn that's a drastic thing to do just to fix FIFA.

eggwithsideburns

Not sure how much of an investment tip this is but CF to CAM cards are going for cheap at the moment as they were handed out as a weekly reward. During the weekend you could pick them up for around 2k to 2.4k and I think you can still get them for around 2.6k at the moment. They usually go for around 4.8k. not sure if they will go back up but I have bought quite a lot of them in case they do go back up again.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
For me the game is a broken mess. All last week it was the worst button lag, like I didn't have the basic expected ability of pressing pass and it actually pass the ball when you press the button. When receiving the ball it would take like half a second for the game to register I had the ball so I can't even move my player around etc, tackling is impossible. Its infuriating. This lasted a whole week and I must have played about 40 games like this and then all of a sudden the game was working again, it was beautiful and unbelievable how smooth and reactionary it felt, the joyful feeling of being able to move my character or pass as soon as I press my controller. Its complete night and day compared to how the game performs when its unresponsive/button lag. Now I am back to the broken horrible gameplay. I know during WL the servers are overloaded and people experience sluggish games but I'm getting it all through the week too.

The real problem for me and what leaves me scratching my head is and this is no exaggeration is that for me the game is a broken unresponsive mess for like 90% of my games, so I'm left thinking where is my fifa? I don't actually have a working game. I wouldn't be fussed if it was a few game here or there but its the majority of my games.

Don’t move into my house because you’ll expect the exact same thing at mine.

I can’t clear balls as quickly as necessary because by the time the button lag has caught up the attacker has dispossessed me or forced me into a mistake.

Last game i gave a pen away after blocking a shot but button lag delayed it til the shot happened.

Fast forward second half i ping a pass to left winger unmarked with no full back to beat, but the power of the pass wasn’t hard enough despite playing him well through and the first touch running onto the ball pinged it about 5/6 meters but my player couldn’t sprint onto the ball for some inexplicable reason, instead it was like he took a touch first and the defender EASILY caught him up. This was supposed to be a seamless, fluid counter attack.

Impossible to play for me. Considering selling my ultimate team and getting rid of fifa for good.

pascell

It's down to EA, they've had an absolute nightmare with their servers and what's happening to you, has happened to us all as a result.

The game is terrible, there isn't ever a level playing field on the game were both sides are responsive how they should be and the game is decided by the better player. Which is a shame as EA have the tools to make the perfect game but won't as they want people to buy it year after year.

It's a game at the end of the day and it should have that 'pick up and play' feel, unfortunately it's that far gone in the wrong direction that when I get spare time I decide against playing it.

eggwithsideburns

Don’t move into my house because you’ll expect the exact same thing at mine.

I can’t clear balls as quickly as necessary because by the time the button lag has caught up the attacker has dispossessed me or forced me into a mistake.

Last game i gave a pen away after blocking a shot but button lag delayed it til the shot happened.

Fast forward second half i ping a pass to left winger unmarked with no full back to beat, but the power of the pass wasn’t hard enough despite playing him well through and the first touch running onto the ball pinged it about 5/6 meters but my player couldn’t sprint onto the ball for some inexplicable reason, instead it was like he took a touch first and the defender EASILY caught him up. This was supposed to be a seamless, fluid counter attack.

Impossible to play for me. Considering selling my ultimate team and getting rid of fifa for good.
Ah yes the slow motion passes, I get those all the time too. You press pass but the ball moves at like half the power needed and by the time the ball reaches you (if it even reaches you) you have already been closed down. There is something fundamentally broken with the game like with server connection or I have read how the frostbite engine isn't suited to fifa, I cant see how that could be the case though as some matches seem to work fine. All I know is that its mostly a broken mess.

It's down to EA, they've had an absolute nightmare with their servers and what's happening to you, has happened to us all as a result.

The game is terrible, there isn't ever a level playing field on the game were both sides are responsive how they should be and the game is decided by the better player. Which is a shame as EA have the tools to make the perfect game but won't as they want people to buy it year after year.

It's a game at the end of the day and it should have that 'pick up and play' feel, unfortunately it's that far gone in the wrong direction that when I get spare time I decide against playing it.
That is the worst part, how one person can be having a unresponsive game and the other person has a smooth game, I have messaged people after asking how their game play felt and they said it was perfect where as mine was sluggish as hell. Its a joke how button lag is even a thing, these days with next gen consoles and super fast internet it shouldn't be an issue at all. That's what bugs me most, as I remember years and years ago playing online fifa and not having any issue at all with connection and sluggish/button lag gameplay.

Even if the game was 100% responsive all the time its still a crap game this year anyway as something like 80% of the goals scored must be from finesse shots.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ah yes the slow motion passes, I get those all the time too. You press pass but the ball moves at like half the power needed and by the time the ball reaches you (if it even reaches you) you have already been closed down. There is something fundamentally broken with the game like with server connection or I have read how the frostbite engine isn't suited to fifa, I cant see how that could be the case though as some matches seem to work fine. All I know is that its mostly a broken mess.

That is the worst part, how one person can be having a unresponsive game and the other person has a smooth game, I have messaged people after asking how their game play felt and they said it was perfect where as mine was sluggish as hell. Its a joke how button lag is even a thing, these days with next gen consoles and super fast internet it shouldn't be an issue at all. That's what bugs me most, as I remember years and years ago playing online fifa and not having any issue at all with connection and sluggish/button lag gameplay.

Even if the game was 100% responsive all the time its still a crap game this year anyway as something like 80% of the goals scored must be from finesse shots.
I read EA have moved the European servers in Germany, none in the UK since Fifa 17. Although I think there are some in Sweden for our Nordic brethren.

So basically, while not guaranteed, closer you live to where servers are located, better the ping time and the more responsive your game. This seems to coincide with the huge surge of German pro's and top 100 players on PS4 in (where most the player base is).

The top players in WL/Fut Champs are more and more heading towards Europe. Its more pronounced on PS4 because servers are busier so the advantage is greater. Not to say they aren't great players but its what I read.

pascell

They really need to sort out their servers, I just don't get how such a big company has shocking servers that are constantly down. I remember weekend league being extended until Monday at least 10 times on fifa 18, so with 19 I didn't think they'd have the same problem, I thought wrong and the button lag is even worse and it's all because of the servers.

I agree, especially with the timed finishing, it's basically a cheat. Along with ai defending at the beginning, there wasn't any skill to this game when it first came out.

Shark

@NotShark
Rivals was unplayable last night, players were reacting to everything in slow motion, leading to ridiculous goals and scorelines. Even after winning a game 5-4, I was pissed and had to quit playing. It's a sham of a game.

Shark

@NotShark

They have all the tools but the problem is they don't have the talent. Not sure when they last made a genuinely top notch game as a studio?

deafepl

For my system to work, I need better fullbacks with 4 skill move, 85+ pace and decent shooting/passes stats that is similar to attacking a player like Salah, Mane, Rashford, etc, in 3-4-3 when attacking, does anyone know which fullback can be effective in this possession-based system? I have an eye on IF Salah as ST and wait for Hazard as CAM IF form so I can use 4-1-2-1-2 with Lukaku and Salah as upfront, Hazard as CAM, Pogba and De Brunye as CM, Kante as CDM, Young and Roberto as a fullback, Laporte and Azpilicueta in front of De Gea. In attacking mode, it switches to 3-4-3 with Salah as RW, Hazard as LW to cut in with help from fullbacks to stay wide and threatening width, provide a support for a player when surrounded by at two defenders to take them out, Lukaku is strong physically, couldn't be bullied easily as lone striker, move Kante to sweeper role as middle CB at back 3, allowing Laporte (left footed) and Azpilicueta (right footed) to play fullbacks as secondary fullback freeing Young and Roberto's defensive duties when is in possession, it has worked for my system so effective, allowing me to dominate them easily, a lot of shots and chances through matches, 50-60% of possession in their own third final, for the first time I reached Elite 1 ranks in weekend league using the system like this.

pascell

They have all the tools but the problem is they don't have the talent. Not sure when they last made a genuinely top notch game as a studio?
Yeah I agree with that, they think these 'new' features will increase sales, when they're actually already in previous games. I've never played them but I'm guessing some will say either Battlefield or Star Wars Battlefront?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Switched my team up last night as I was beginning to get bored of the premier league side I had. Gone from

CL Sane - Aubameyang - Aguero - Salah
Pogba - Eriksen
EL Alonso - Azpiliceuta - Sanchez - Walker
DDG

TO.....

41212 in game from 4321 so everyone is on full chem

IF Martial - Griezmann
Bale
Pogba - Modric
TOTT Kroos
EL Alonso - Azpiliceuta - Varane - Carvajal
DDG

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
When changing formation in-game in FUT is there a way for it to pre-load instructions or do you have to set it each time?