Gaming FIFA 19

RMD83

What shall I got for? I want to better my 85 Kompany.

87 rated Van Dijk or 92 Bobby Moore.

Both around the 700k mark.

Here is my current team:

Kompany is crap. Get rid. If you didn’t even have the coin then standard d Sanchez would be far better, if you have 700k then get second inform van dijk and pocket 250/300k and VVD will get a ratings refresh in a few weeks. You could use the other 250-300k to get inform pogba or martial who will also likely get ratings refresh’s as well.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Playing 3412 in game.
Should I keep it or sell everyone and buy CR7 and a team around him for ~250k?

Or any other ways to improve the team? Butragueno is incredible, but he costs 1.4m

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah he’s a pain in the ass. I’ve decided against it. He’s not worth 2.4m unless you have at least 4-5 mil
Must have played 15 games against hybrids with him dropped to CM for chem and Kante at striker for chem.

Started out 12-1 ended gold 2 with 18-11 absolute joke of a weekend

Macern

Pee pee pants
Must have played 15 games against hybrids with him dropped to CM for chem and Kante at striker for chem.

:nervous: Typical WL, scripting makes wins and losses pool up. I was 16-4 and didn’t bother playing the rest of my games.

And yeah, that hybrid is soo common, hate facing it.

P-Nut

:nervous: Typical WL, scripting makes wins and losses pool up. I was 16-4 and didn’t bother playing the rest of my games.

And yeah, that hybrid is soo common, hate facing it.
Does my head in. I'm using my own hybrid but not seen anyone else using it yet.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Holy feck we had the exact same weekend. Exact same results for me. I played Ronaldo at least 12 times in my last 15 games.

I can't for the life of me get 20 wins. I swear I could start 19-0 and I still wouldn't get it. I kind of wish I built a team to fit the meta instead of a team I liked. I can't complain too much as I have 5 prime Icons, CL Walker and Potm Hazard in my team but I think if I'd went the Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, Kante route instead of potm Hazard, Vieri and Rivaldo I'd probably get at least gold 1.

P-Nut

Holy feck we had the exact same weekend. Exact same results for me. I played Ronaldo at least 12 times in my last 15 games.

I can't for the life of me get 20 wins. I swear I could start 19-0 and I still wouldn't get it. I kind of wish I built a team to fit the meta instead of a team I liked. I can't complain too much as I have 5 prime Icons, CL Walker and Potm Hazard in my team but I think if I'd went the Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, Kante route instead of potm Hazard, Vieri and Rivaldo I'd probably get at least gold 1.
Yeah my team is built around players I like, but I've got a slight meta with Bale. Pogba isn't even close to meta this year as his work rate is terrible. Going to see what I can improve upon this week with the rewards. I still want prime Gerrard in my midfield as he is literally my perfect midfielder with his stats. His price is unreal though

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah my team is built around players I like, but I've got a slight meta with Bale. Pogba isn't even close to meta this year as his work rate is terrible. Going to see what I can improve upon this week with the rewards. I still want prime Gerrard in my midfield as he is literally my perfect midfielder with his stats. His price is unreal though
Gerrard is expensive but looks great box to box. My big issue is linking eveyone up, I'm still on Futmas Torreira (should buy Kante) in midfield along with a second holding midfielder who'll get great chem with either Sandro or Alaba.

My defence is pretty Meta to be fair with Campell, Rio, CL Walker and Alaba (the later is terrible compared to last year).

Any recommendations?

P-Nut

Gerrard is expensive but looks great box to box. My big issue is linking eveyone up, I'm still on Futmas Torreira (should buy Kante) in midfield along with a second holding midfielder who'll get great chem with either Sandro or Alaba.

My defence is pretty Meta to be fair with Campell, Rio, CL Walker and Alaba (the later is terrible compared to last year).

Any recommendations?
Did you do the Alonso EL SBC? If not maybe there is some on the market? He's a great full back that will only get better.

Also if you do get Kante in midfield then swapping Walker for 86 Lala would be a slight upgrade. He's got 91 crossing for example

EDIT: Just noticed you're rocking Forster in net, any reason behind that?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Someone on the EA FUT forums did a little experiment about that. He said he was a regular gold 2 player with his 2m team so he built himself an 8k gold discard team to see how he'd do.

He finished gold 2 :lol:

It figures though, a few weekends ago I got to 14 wins and had 8 games left and just could not be arsed so I rage sold my team. I finished my games with a shit team and managed to finish with 6 wins out of the 8. I've realised no matter how good my team I'm always gonna be a gold 1 player. Can't seem to crack elite.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Did you do the Alonso EL SBC? If not maybe there is some on the market? He's a great full back that will only get better.

Also if you do get Kante in midfield then swapping Walker for 86 Lala would be a slight upgrade. He's got 91 crossing for example

EDIT: Just noticed you're rocking Forster in net, any reason behind that?
Oh crap, I just noticed Foster too, I just put him in for Rivals because Lloris pissed me off, he's my normal keeper.
Lala sounds pretty good actually. Think I'll aim for him if WL rewards go well.

Someone on the EA FUT forums did a little experiment about that. He said he was a regular gold 2 player with his 2m team so he built himself an 8k gold discard team to see how he'd do.

He finished gold 2 :lol:

It figures though, a few weekends ago I got to 14 wins and had 8 games left and just could not be arsed so I rage sold my team. I finished my games with a shit team and managed to finish with 6 wins out of the 8. I've realised no matter how good my team I'm always gonna be a gold 1 player. Can't seem to crack elite.
Big time, I had one WL where I started 4 & 6 or something, still got Gold 2. Its like the game is random for you first x amount of games, then becomes easy until you hit "your" level, for me its around +8 or there abouts in form then I kind of stick to that, if I start at +11, I'll fall back, if I start at -2 or something I'll improve but in the end I'm finishing with 18 or 19 wins no matter what.

Hoof the ball

This game is just so depressing at times. You can change the offensive styles from long ball, possession, balanced, fast, and when it comes to the actual game they do the exact same thing. No matter what, you end up having to play an unrealistic football style that has nothing in common with real life.

padr81

Supports
Man City
4 free Icons from EA for the new year! On Fifa 18... I mean seriously... why even bother, it's like they did it to piss everyone off.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah sorry, i realised it said fifa 18. Pretty pointless but i guess they're trying to make it interesting for those still playing 18?
Have no clue, its such a strange thing to do, we didn't even get a 5k pack.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Wondering what player to get for 3m right now.. Dont want to waste it, kinda want to buy back Pogba as well.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Finally bought 19 in the Origin Xmas sale after bouncing off it during the first month where I played it with Origin Access. Powering up the online seasons as expected, but I just know I'll end up stuck in division 2-5 as per usual :D I really should look at improving, rather than just playing the same way year on year.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Any decent improvements for 220k? Was thinking of the 87 Fekir which has the potential to go up if Lyon progress further but they do have Barca next round...

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Gone for a bit of a Brazilian/Serie A (+ Aguero) hybrid. For chemistry and OCD purposes I want a Brazilian CAM from the prem. Shall I go for 85 Gabriel Jesus or 87 Firmino?

eggwithsideburns

I packed red hazard in my rewards. Am getting tired of the game now, mainly due to the majority of the matches being really sluggish game play with input lag. Every now and then I get spells of a few games where it feels really responsive and how I wish it could always be like that, no lie but at least 90% of the games I play are horribly sluggish and with input lag. The thing that kept me hooked to the game was trading and building towards a really good team and I have that now with the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Pogba and some nice red cards too like Fabinho and Hazard, the game is too un fun though even with a really good team.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Got red Firmino in my packs which is pretty decent. Also got a walkout from my packs and a couple of 84's. Not the best packs but not the worst. Gonna play 41212 and when switching to 4231 I'll have Firmino at CDM, should be interesting.

fergosaurus

Got red Firmino in my packs which is pretty decent. Also got a walkout from my packs and a couple of 84's. Not the best packs but not the worst. Gonna play 41212 and when switching to 4231 I'll have Firmino at CDM, should be interesting.
That Firmino looks like a nicely balanced card. What custom tactics do you play in 4231?

padr81

Supports
Man City
That Firmino looks like a nicely balanced card. What custom tactics do you play in 4231?
I used to play drop back like the pro's but I've decided now no matter what I do I'm going to win around 18 or 19 games, so I switched to

Pressure after Possession Loss
4 width
8 depth

Possession in Attack
6 width
4 men in the box

Striker is on Stay Central and Get in Behind, CAM's on Stay forward, CDM's stay back while attacking, Full backs Stay back while attacking.

Still get the same results and the game is a lot more fun then when I used the drop back, low depth method and fast build up most the pro's recommend. I have 4 different formations all use the same tactics.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Anyone here good at hybrids who can help e with building a squad players I am trying to fit in are : Pulisic, Umtiti and Ter Stegen, I want it to be like at least a 3 league hybrid

My budget is 500k.Help.:confused:

P-Nut

Anyone here good at hybrids who can help e with building a squad players I am trying to fit in are : Pulisic, Umtiti and Ter Stegen, I want it to be like at least a 3 league hybrid

My budget is 500k.Help.:confused:
It's a simple 2 league hybrid so is there any reason you want it to be 3?

SportingCP96

Supports
It's a simple 2 league hybrid so is there any reason you want it to be 3?
Ya I have a 2 league hybrid of it Bundesliga and la liga but I wanted to make it more unique by adding another league or leagues.

I woke up bored sorry not sorry.

I also have OTW Promes and futmas Wass which I wanted to somehow get in their with Delaney which gives Pulisic a link but don't know how to get all of em on 10 chem.

fergosaurus

I used to play drop back like the pro's but I've decided now no matter what I do I'm going to win around 18 or 19 games, so I switched to

Pressure after Possession Loss
4 width
8 depth

Possession in Attack
6 width
4 men in the box

Striker is on Stay Central and Get in Behind, CAM's on Stay forward, CDM's stay back while attacking, Full backs Stay back while attacking.

Still get the same results and the game is a lot more fun then when I used the drop back, low depth method and fast build up most the pro's recommend. I have 4 different formations all use the same tactics.
Cheers, I'll give that a go. I reshuffled my team so going to try out this formation as it's said to be the most OP. I've tried it before with three slow CAMs and didn't like it so hoping I'll have more joy with pacey agile players.

EvilChuck

I keep trying to get into this again, but it seems every week we fall deeper into a meta that is just not fun to play.

I dont think i have played anyone who didnt defend narrow, with 4-5 players on stay back, all while lookong to free up a cam for a timed finesse. It used to be just the odd game, but now it seems that everyone feels the need to play the exact same way.

I have been playing a lot of Smash Bros on Switch, and its like a breath of fresh air compared to this. I might have to give up on fifa for a while (until next week when TOTY drops and they suck me back in)

padr81

Supports
Man City
Halfway through weekend league only 9-6 record but honestly completely abandoning the way the top players play and just attacking like feck makes the game way more enjoyable.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Absolutely skinted myself for Tevez, hope he's worth it.

SportingCP96

Supports
Made a nice little hybrid with Bakambu as the main striker and....wow this guy plays like and 86 rated striker. Absolute beast and bullies every defender and his positioning is superb.