Gaming FIFA 19

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Pogba instead of Doucoure? (sp) or perhaps Courtois instead of Lloris. Your left CB would be on 8 chem but would be worth it for the upgrade at GK
I'm going to get the FS Lafont there he's same rating as Courtois.

And I got rid of Pogba because his work rates were leaving me too exposed. Doucoure is just as good as him I think anyways, he's better defensively and his finishing is suprisingly better than Pogbas

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Just seen Felipe Andersons OTW card upgraded to 88, that card is absolutely insane! Wish i had spent the extra for his 87 now :( I love his 86

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
What about Makelele or Vieira?

Also, is there a benefit to bronze benching?
Bronze benching reduces your team rating so that you get matched with lower rated teams I think. It's the footballing equivalent of diving or a player waving a card for someone to get booked. Basically P Nut is a wanker. ;)

pascell

Bronze benching reduces your team rating so that you get matched with lower rated teams I think. It's the footballing equivalent of diving or a player waving a card for someone to get booked. Basically P Nut is a wanker. ;)
Fifa need to change the requirements of weekend league then to gold minimum. If it's their to be exploited, it might as well be but what happens if a player says who's RB gets injured and he only has a bronze on the bench?

P-Nut

It basically means I get matched against others that bronze bench with a similar level team. If I don't do it I play full legend teams with all legends on the bench

P-Nut

Fifa need to change the requirements of weekend league then to gold minimum. If it's their to be exploited, it might as well be but what happens if a player says who's RB gets injured and he only has a bronze on the bench?
Move a defensive midfielder there and play an attacking player in midfield.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
It basically means I get matched against others that bronze bench with a similar level team. If I don't do it I play full legend teams with all legends on the bench
I reckon it's a bit of a myth. I have a full gold bench and I get a mix of teams.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
It is a myth for sure. I have a pretty average team compared to most and every game i play is Vs 5-10 million teams

Nanook

What about Makelele or Vieira?

Also, is there a benefit to bronze benching?
I don’t believe it has any effect. I’ve played WL with bronze benches and with gold benches and I get a similar number of wins.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's unreal mate, I play him as a LF and he scores more than 1 a game usually
Not really sure where I’d play him mind. I’d have to change things round and drop one of Tevez, Aguero or Gomez <\3

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So i was 3-2 up in the final minute and had a goalkick, i played it to my right back to avoid the whole hoof it to the centre back who will head it back to the striker to score script, being clever i thought. As soon as the right back received it (IF Carvajal who was subbed on 75th minute = no fatigue). I aimed and powered a pass back to the keeper to waste more time and then was going to hoof it clear then... or so i thought. (Proof i aimed sensibly to the keeper below).

This is what happened instead, a script by FIFA against me for no fecking reason. He got the goal from the 1v1.

My point is even ignoring the horrendous server issues i have, resulting in awful button lag where i am a split second behind everything, i then have to put up with this utter bullshit. Playing online should be an equal and fair task, yet they screw you over for no reason. Rocket League for example is a game where a persons skill is what wins him the game, not make believe scripting giving opposition weight against you in the form of “morale” and “fitness”.

Sure, slow players down when they get tired, but don’t give me this fecking shit when i have to battle against so much other shit to try and see out a win. What is the fecking point of this game if it fecks you over for no reason.

This will be my last FUT edition. Will steer clear of this from now on.

Last edited:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
So i was 3-2 up in the final minute and had a goalkick, i played it to my right back to avoid the whole hoof it to the centre back who will head it back to the striker to score script, being clever i thought. As soon as the right back received it (IF Carvajal who was subbed on 75th minute = no fatigue). I aimed and powered a pass back to the keeper to waste more time and then was going to hoof it clear then... or so i thought. (Proof i aimed sensibly to the keeper below).

This is what happened instead, a script by FIFA against me for no fecking reason. He got the goal from the 1v1.

My point is even ignoring the horrendous server issues i have, resulting in awful button lag where i am a split second behind everything, i then have to put up with this utter bullshit. Playing online should be an equal and fair task, yet they screw you over for no reason. Rocket League for example is a game where a persons skill is what wins him the game, not make believe scripting giving opposition weight against you in the form of “morale” and “fitness”.

Sure, slow players down when they get tired, but don’t give me this fecking shit when i have to battle against so much other shit to try and see out a win. What is the fecking point of this game if it fecks you over for no reason.

This will be my last FUT edition. Will steer clear of this from now on.
Cant see the image of the aim direction of pass but ill take your word for it. I swear this happened me last weekend and i thought i must have slipped my thumb or something because it was like a through ball for the opposition, couldnt have done it if i tried.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Rijkaard is so frustrating. He’ll be unplayable in 1 game then play like a big clumsy bronze player in the next 3.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
How are people getting on in fut champs? I'll play a few tonight

Andersons Dietician

How are people getting on in fut champs? I'll play a few tonight
I’ve learnt if someone puts a powerhouse chem on HL Leroy Sane he is fecking unstoppable, he brushes past Lala, Varane and Upemcampo like they aren’t even there.

Normal hijinx really, pu Griezman clean through 5 times in a game, no one around him, all the time in the world, had an angle and every time bar 1 he hit the post.

iammemphis

Cant see the image of the aim direction of pass but ill take your word for it. I swear this happened me last weekend and i thought i must have slipped my thumb or something because it was like a through ball for the opposition, couldnt have done it if i tried.

:(

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I’ve learnt if someone puts a powerhouse chem on HL Leroy Sane he is fecking unstoppable, he brushes past Lala, Varane and Upemcampo like they aren’t even there.

Normal hijinx really, pu Griezman clean through 5 times in a game, no one around him, all the time in the world, had an angle and every time bar 1 he hit the post.
Sounds like you are about to lose the plot with weekend league :lol: Record?

iammemphis

That is shocking to be honest. Dont know how this is done but now that i know it can be ill be looking at my chances missed
I put enough power on it to go to the keeper too, so much so it was over powered past Sanchez so the striker had the 1v1. Carvajal wasn’t fecked AND he’s the IF version. There’s no excuse. The only way out of it is to turn to manual passing, but with the lag/button delay i often get that’s asking for more trouble.

Andersons Dietician

Sounds like you are about to lose the plot with weekend league :lol: Record?
I’ve only played 3 games so far and I’m 2-1, but it’s already trying my patience as just stupid things like t passing to the wrong person, not switching player and things like that and some of the worst refereeing I’ve seen ever and not just against me. Guy jumped up with my keeper and there was no contact and he got a 2nd yellow and was off.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I’ve barely played for the last month or so, but decided to switch up my team to perhaps get some more joy out of the game.

Going to replace Mid Seedorf, Mid Butragueno and FS Havertz with FS Aouar and Prime Best. Hopefully it’ll be fun to try out some new players.

eggwithsideburns

I'm taking a break from the game too, last WL I stopped at 11 wins and I thought I would just go for 11 again this weekend, but think I will leave it for a few weeks now. Have been playing MOHAA on my laptop (best game ever made)

P-Nut

Time to open the 20 packs I've saved up for today. I'll be reporting back with Fred, Pickford and co soon.

EDIT: Suprisingly pulled David Silva, Marcelo and OTW Morata

Last edited:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Done the Baby icon SBC and got Stoichkov. Team is ready for tonight. Only thing i would need to think about changing is Arnautovic. But only have 20k now

Team in game

Alisson​
Meunier T.Silva J. Jesus Sandro
Fabinho​
Arnautovic------Pogba (90)
Stoichkov​
Mbappe F.Anderson​

P-Nut

Done the Baby icon SBC and got Stoichkov. Team is ready for tonight. Only thing i would need to think about changing is Arnautovic. But only have 20k now

Team in game

Alisson​
Meunier T.Silva J. Jesus Sandro
Fabinho​
Arnautovic------Pogba (90)
Stoichkov​
Mbappe F.Anderson​
Lucky bastard, I got fecking Puyol, slow as feck RB he's just going to be saved for a different SBC now

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Lucky bastard, I got fecking Puyol, slow as feck RB he's just going to be saved for a different SBC now
To be fair i dont like the look of him but could be a handy Cam. If hes shit ill use in ansbc too

Macern

Pee pee pants
@P-Nut you’re using prime Crespo right? How good is he? Would be nice if you can compare him to other strikers. This questions goes to everyone who are / has used him.

P-Nut

@P-Nut you’re using prime Crespo right? How good is he? Would be nice if you can compare him to other strikers. This questions goes to everyone who are / has used him.
Best striker I've used bar Ibra and even that's close. He's not as dominant in the air, but still beats most CBs, he's rapid, strong and finishes with either foot comfortably.

He's literally a tiny bit worse than Ibra due to not being as good in the air but he's miles quicker.

EvilChuck

Swapped TOTGS Handanovic for 87 Donnarumma, he is an insane keeper. He makes so many crazy reflex saves its unreal. All those dodgy deflections off defenders through crowds of players arent a threat any more, and his kicking is mental. He can literally kick it from one end to the other.

I think I am done with my team until TOTS season now, just going to collect the coins from rewards each week and stack dollar

Andersons Dietician

This game man... have they un-nerfed timed finishing because I just came across a Mahrez that was 360 finessing to the far corner like it was nothing where as I couldn’t buy a goal. In fact when I was taking a shot they were all like I had miss-timed an attempt at a finesse and ended up just rolling in to the keepers hands.

To make it worse and I’ve recorded this but I’m 3-1 down dominating everything and I mean everything. I end up facing my goal and my player is under pressure but I’m in front and go to pass it back easy enough, perfect pass back then my keeper steps over it and it ends up in the back of my net.

Might just buy Crackdown 3 and say goodbye to this BS.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I've been looking into this quite a bit, as game dev is a hobby of mine.

Look where the circle is. It's on your CB, the game is reading that as a bad pass to your CB.

What annoys people (myself included) with Fifa is we want the ball to go exactly where we aimed it in these situations and we want the ball to be assisted passing when it suits us too. On manual that doesn't happen and you CB runs back and gets the ball.

On assisted given how the game plays, the cpu has a choice, this is either a weak pass towards the goal keeper or a poor pass towards the CB, because of the lack of power the game reads it as a poor pass to the CB.
This doesn't mean the ball is going the way its aimed because assisted passing says "assist my passing for me and aim this towards the CB".
So basically what you end up with is a poor pass towards the CB, the random number generator is rolled and he's not getting the ball.
You are screwed.

Not to be a dick because since I stopped playing WL, I've been trying to learn and I've looked into the mechanics and it took me ages to learn this but you had two options here, hit it harder to highlight the keeper, or play the pass to feet of the CB. I find with Fifa the right option here is the GK pass or if worried press shoot to clear the ball. You possibly had the option of a long ball to the other FB too.
It's a case of game mechanics.
Of course the game doesn't show you this in WL as you can't have those things on, but this is a typical case of player not understanding the way the game works and I say this as someone who has broken 2 controllers over it this year.

This is the risk that comes with assisted passing. The game reads every "x" or "a" pass as a pass to feet, it chooses your target and judges how good the pass is. Then its some maths based off stats, some rng on whether its successful or not.

Another issue I have encountered like this in my own playing is aiming through balls into the space I want to play them instead of aiming them right at the man. I constantly do this and have to work hard to rectify it.

An example, I have a striker running clear. In perfect through ball position.
What I used to do was aim right where I thought striker and ball would meet, I would aim the pass where I wanted the ball to go. Game says bad pass to striker, my through ball would go wonky, I'd get angry.
What I should do, aim the rightstick at the striker and press through ball. Game says good accuracy and my through ball goes right to where I wanted it to go and to the position where I used to aim the stick.

Last edited:

iammemphis

I've been looking into this quite a bit, as game dev is a hobby of mine.

Look where the circle is. It's on your CB, the game is reading that as a bad pass to your CB.

What annoys people (myself included) with Fifa is we want the ball to go exactly where we aimed it in these situations and we want the ball to be assisted passing when it suits us too. On manual that doesn't happen and you CB runs back and gets the ball.

On assisted given how the game plays, the cpu has a choice, this is either a weak pass towards the goal keeper or a poor pass towards the CB, because of the lack of power the game reads it as a poor pass to the CB.
This doesn't mean the ball is going the way its aimed because assisted passing says "assist my passing for me and aim this towards the CB".
So basically what you end up with is a poor pass towards the CB, the random number generator is rolled and he's not getting the ball.
You are screwed.

Not to be a dick because since I stopped playing WL, I've been trying to learn and I've looked into the mechanics and it took me ages to learn this but you had two options here, hit it harder to highlight the keeper, or play the pass to feet of the CB. I find with Fifa the right option here is the GK pass or if worried press shoot to clear the ball. You possibly had the option of a long ball to the other FB too.
It's a case of game mechanics.
Of course the game doesn't show you this in WL as you can't have those things on, but this is a typical case of player not understanding the way the game works and I say this as someone who has broken 2 controllers over it this year.

This is the risk that comes with assisted passing. The game reads every "x" or "a" pass as a pass to feet, it chooses your target and judges how good the pass is. Then its some maths based off stats, some rng on whether its successful or not.

Another issue I have encountered like this in my own playing is aiming through balls into the space I want to play them instead of aiming them right at the man. I constantly do this and have to work hard to rectify it.

An example, I have a striker running clear. In perfect through ball position.
What I used to do was aim right where I thought striker and ball would meet, I would aim the pass where I wanted the ball to go. Game says bad pass to striker, my through ball would go wonky, I'd get angry.
What I should do, aim the rightstick at the striker and press through ball. Game says good accuracy and my through ball goes right to where I wanted it to go and to the position where I used to aim the stick.
Interesting insight, thanks for that. Totally makes alot of sense. If that is the case then its abit bollocks really, i mean only having one option to pass to in that situation, especially considering i had just recieved the pass from the goalie, and I didn’t under power it too much. It was just an ordinary pass, but like you say its just the game mechanics making it play like shit. I tried playing manual and it was horrendous. It would take a shit ton of practice to do it which I don’t have the time for. Literally every pass is misplaced or behind the player I’m aiming for.

What also annoys me is when a free ball appears from an over powered pass towards a player of mine, or a tackle frees up the ball towards a player of mine, that player facing it literally shows ZERO interest in getting it despite being no more than 2-3 meters away and the closest to the ball at the time. Even rapidly changing player and analogue flicking doesn’t select him until its too late and the opposition has recovered. There is no off the ball intelligence for players in situations like that.

Last edited: