Gaming FIFA 19

EvilChuck

Are there any decent serious FIFA YouTubers out there? Like not 20 year old douchebags pondering to 12 year olds spending a years wage every week on pack openings and the like?
Just some dude playing FUT that doesn't get annoying basically, which should remove 99% of all YouTubers.
I like AJ3's an idiots RTG. He's not shouty, and just shows a bit of gameplay, what he has invested in and his rewards each week but its good to see his team improve week to week without changing every player every time

Meller

I like AJ3's an idiots RTG. He's not shouty, and just shows a bit of gameplay, what he has invested in and his rewards each week but its good to see his team improve week to week without changing every player every time
Thanks I'll check it out!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Are there any decent serious FIFA YouTubers out there? Like not 20 year old douchebags pondering to 12 year olds spending a years wage every week on pack openings and the like?
Just some dude playing FUT that doesn't get annoying basically, which should remove 99% of all YouTubers.
Nepenthez has a First owner road to glory which he uploads daily. He can be a moaner at times but he's got great Fifa knowledge and his team is amazing considering he's used no fifa points and can't buy players off the market, only SBCs and packs

Meller

Nepenthez has a First owner road to glory which he uploads daily. He can be a moaner at times but he's got great Fifa knowledge and his team is amazing considering he's used no fifa points and can't buy players off the market, only SBCs and packs
Used to watch him back in the day when I still played (FIFA 12-15), didn't like him that much then but maybe he's changed. I'm planning on buying FIFA 20 and have no idea how the game works anymore which is why I'm looking. Oh and also travelling and ill so have loads of time.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Got promoted to Div 4 last week and I've not really enjoyed it since. Seems to be so many players that abuse certain tactics and mechanics to ensure the win. I thought Div 5 was bad but at least i enjoyed a handful of games. Feels like the momentum/scripting is turned up a notch too recently, maybe it's the higher division. I've gone ahead in most games and from then on it's a tough slog with a lot of loose, slow passes and slow manoeuvring players until the opposition scores. Experienced a lot of lag recently too, especially in WL.

All in all its been a frustrating week. Highlight was packing Griezmann but I've had to change my formation to fit him in, which hasn't helped.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Got promoted to Div 4 last week and I've not really enjoyed it since. Seems to be so many players that abuse certain tactics and mechanics to ensure the win. I thought Div 5 was bad but at least i enjoyed a handful of games. Feels like the momentum/scripting is turned up a notch too recently, maybe it's the higher division. I've gone ahead in most games and from then on it's a tough slog with a lot of loose, slow passes and slow manoeuvring players until the opposition scores. Experienced a lot of lag recently too, especially in WL.

All in all its been a frustrating week. Highlight was packing Griezmann but I've had to change my formation to fit him in, which hasn't helped.
Which is why I’ve given up on Fifa. Online is ruined by momentum and scripting. I’ve deleted it off my console :lol:.

EvilChuck

Finally made it into D2 last night. I have got so close a couple of times, but finally made the jump up. Made a few minor tweaks to the tactics, and changed a few players and its all

D4 was comfortably the worst division I have experienced so far. It is literally the sweatiest of the sweat. I think mostly because people have had such a tough time in D5 with so much of a wide scope of skill level (some elite level players like to hover round d5 for easier rewards) that d4 rather than becoming a place to then relax and enjoy the game, becomes a place to feel a lot of bitterness towards the game.

D3 on the whole was so much better. A lot more people skip celebrations, and try to outplay their opponents rather than sit back and defend with 8 in the box hoping for a counter (it still happens, but rarely - most people in D3 are decent at breaking down a deep defence with patient build up, so sitting back is asking for trouble).

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Any tips for halting an absolutely abysmal run of form? Skill rating has gone from 1850ish to 1373.

pocco

loco
Any tips for halting an absolutely abysmal run of form? Skill rating has gone from 1850ish to 1373.
I always find that once you get closer to the lower end of the skill rating for your division then you start playing the numpties and manage to put something together. Just need to be ready for when you get closer to the top end again.

As soon as i get near promotion i experience a lot of bad form and much better players. I yo-yo'd up and down div 5 for ages before eventually getting promotion. Now i seem to be doing the same in div 4.

pocco

loco
Finally made it into D2 last night. I have got so close a couple of times, but finally made the jump up. Made a few minor tweaks to the tactics, and changed a few players and its all

D4 was comfortably the worst division I have experienced so far. It is literally the sweatiest of the sweat. I think mostly because people have had such a tough time in D5 with so much of a wide scope of skill level (some elite level players like to hover round d5 for easier rewards) that d4 rather than becoming a place to then relax and enjoy the game, becomes a place to feel a lot of bitterness towards the game.

D3 on the whole was so much better. A lot more people skip celebrations, and try to outplay their opponents rather than sit back and defend with 8 in the box hoping for a counter (it still happens, but rarely - most people in D3 are decent at breaking down a deep defence with patient build up, so sitting back is asking for trouble).
Yeah that's exactly what I'm finding but good to hear that Div 3 might be better. I can't just pick up and play now I'm in Div 4, i feel like i have to mentally prepare myself for the incoming shitfest before each game.

I wouldn't mind at all if i lost but felt like i had full control over my players and have a fighting chance in games where players aren't doing weird shit.

pocco

loco
In two games last night i had the opposition quit. One we'd just kicked off and the other he was leading but I was coming close to scoring. I got a draw and a loss for the result. Is that how it is supposed to be? Seems crap to me, when I used to play seasons you got the win if they quit.

Marksy7

So I took the leap last night and sold my squad I have 520k to build a new squad. Can't decide which league to do....Germany France Italy or Spain.

I like to play 4231 442 or 433.

Currently left with 87 rated Sane 86 rated Lucas Moura 91 rated Cech (broken) 85 rated Gundogan

Last edited:

Marksy7

In two games last night i had the opposition quit. One we'd just kicked off and the other he was leading but I was coming close to scoring. I got a draw and a loss for the result. Is that how it is supposed to be? Seems crap to me, when I used to play seasons you got the win if they quit.
You should be getting the win of the opponent quits regardless of score line as far as I'm aware

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Check out Fuji

EvilChuck

So I took the leap last night and sold my squad I have 520k to build a new squad. Can't decide which league to do....Germany France Italy or Spain.

I like to play 4231 442 or 433.

Currently left with 87 rated Sane 86 rated Lucas Moura 91 rated Cech (broken) 85 rated Gundogan
I am biased because I have used it all year, but value for money Serie A cannot be beat. Its a bit thin for elite strikers, but certainly in defense and midfield it cant be beat.

You can have a back 4 of Alex Sandro 86 Benatia 86, Koulibaly 88, and Cancelo 83 for around 110-120k.

In fact a line up like this (all non special cards) for about 250-300k

---------------------Szceszny
Cancelo - Benatia - Koulibaly - Sandro
----------------Matuidi - Allan 84
Cuadrado--------Dybala-------Douglas Costa
----------------------Immobile

Marksy7

I am biased because I have used it all year, but value for money Serie A cannot be beat. Its a bit thin for elite strikers, but certainly in defense and midfield it cant be beat.

You can have a back 4 of Alex Sandro 86 Benatia 86, Koulibaly 88, and Cancelo 83 for around 110-120k.

In fact a line up like this (all non special cards) for about 250-300k

---------------------Szceszny
Cancelo - Benatia - Koulibaly - Sandro
----------------Matuidi - Allan 84
Cuadrado--------Dybala-------Douglas Costa
----------------------Immobile
Thanks, I used Serie A all last FIFA aswell and only ended up with a premier league team this year due to untradables. Did like the look of Kluviert for LW on a serie A side

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Just scored 6 in a game with Moments Shearer, Jesus am I gonna miss him when his loan ends :lol:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I forgot to redeem weekend league feck sake :( Cant play next weekend as im away. I am itching to play with my team and don't really bother with rivals

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Havent played WL in a month, this weekend finally gonna have time to finish the 30 games probably (ive only managed to do it around 3 times this edition) but playing rivals and some trading ive managed to pull a good fun team to play with. Im loving goretzka POTM hes a beast, much better than the IF version

This is what the team looks ingame

https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/5674650

I hope i can get 17 wins!

nooshka

I’ve probably now got enough to do the Owen sbc. Is he worth it? And as he’s pretty cheap who are the remaining icons who haven’t had an sbc? Might save it for them if they’re gonna be worth it.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I’ve probably now got enough to do the Owen sbc. Is he worth it? And as he’s pretty cheap who are the remaining icons who haven’t had an sbc? Might save it for them if they’re gonna be worth it.
Listen if someone kicks him ingame at least you'll know it's what he would have wanted. And if you miss a chance you can take consolation in the fact that if your shot was inside the post it would have been a goal. I say go for it personally. It's gonna be just him out there with 10 of his mates, but in Fifa you need players who can score goals, thats what its all about. So yeah, really a no brainer if you ask me.

Thanks Geoff

nooshka

Listen if someone kicks him ingame at least you'll know it's what he would have wanted. And if you miss a chance you can take consolation in the fact that if your shot was inside the post it would have been a goal. I say go for it personally. It's gonna be just him out there with 10 of his mates, but in Fifa you need players who can score goals, thats what its all about. So yeah, really a no brainer if you ask me.

Thanks Geoff
I’m even less sure now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Saved my totw player pack from that weekly objective til today when they released the promo with the best of totw's, decided feck it and tried it.... Got fecking De Gea's 93 in form card:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Brinky

Currently 9-1 but the game play is awful this morning with input lag, anyone else experiencing the same?

Will leave until the night as it is about this stage where FIFA begins to feck you over.

nooshka

Anyone fancy helping me complete one of the swap deals challenges? I need to score in 3 separate friendly seasons matches and no one on my friends list really plays ultimate team.

Brinky

Same old WL, finish with 21 wins.

Anyone want to do the friendly objective thing too? PS4 add me Brinky07.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Played my mate last night who's been delusional in thinking he's the best at Fifa in our friend group for over 10 years.
He's the only one that's been playing the latest one, hammering Ultimate Team. Throughout the first game where I was fecking Benfica, he moaned that the camera isn't what he's used to. Literally said "if we change it to my view I know I can beat anyone". It finished 0-0 and he beat me in extra time.
So we changed the camera for the next game that had even teams, and I beat him 2-0. He's a Liverpool supporter as well, in typical delusional style.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Crazy. Just did the Humble beginnings SBC for a silver players pack and got 3 Cardiff players worth just shy of 50k in total :drool:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Just bought this team and it’s amazing :lol:
I’m so tired of boring meta teams so decided to try something else. Playing 4231.

The idea was to remake probably my most memorable team in my FIFA history. It was during FIFA 12/13/14 I had this team consisting of mostly Argentinians. Lots of silver players. Had a guy called Keko on the RCAM (4231) and he was like Messi on speed with a 5* weak foot. He was even smaller than Messi too. Had Maxi Moralez at CAM and another Messi type of player on the left. And Tevez up front. I just ping ponged and dribbled/ran straight through my opponents. Used to steamroll almost everyone and they never knew what hit them. I never figured out why it worked so well. Tried to remake that team and so far it feels like a proper upgrade on my previous team which had only meta players.

It seems like having a lot of speed, agility, balance and dribbling in a 4231 works really well. Also, very few will know who Nakajima and Krishna are which gives me an advantage as they don’t know what to expect and they don’t know which foot they prefer. People will also underestimate me by looking at my team. Won 4 out of 4 just now in the WL. Felt really good.

Fifa is fun again.

Last edited:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Yes! I managed to get Gold 2 which is a new for me in this Fifa! I always end up 15-15 hehe i cant be more average but now i feel like winning the CL final! The last match was decided by penalties and it was an 8-7 thriller so imagine the satisfaction

EvilChuck

Is anyone actually in division 2 or is it a holding cell until you either reach D1 or get slapped back to D3? Every game I either gain 20-23 points or lose them. Which indicates a pretty big disparity in skill level between me and the people i am playing