Gaming FIFA 19

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Its super sweaty. I just wanna get relegated so I can have fun again. :lol:
This is my gripe with it. Games aren't enjoyable the more I win. I get Messi and Ronaldo'd every time I get into the top divisions and getting relegated means losing a load of games which will piss me off.

My record was something like 52 - 3 - 2 before I got into Division 1.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Packs are so fecking shit this year. I think they’ve lowered the odds of getting anyone decent because you can open more packs with Rivals.

Every week I finish Gold 1 and I get nobody. In the past 10 weeks I’ve opened 20 of those rare jumbo packs, that’s 480 rare gold players in 2 million coins worth of packs. I don’t think I’ve gotten a player worth more than 30k.
I opened four 100k jumbo rare player packs and i got Rakitic twice, thats it.

The amount of Rui Patricio’s and Gliks ive got this season has been a joke too!

My only decent pack pull was tradeable blue Neymar in the first 6 weeks, my next pack was untradeable Sandro worth 100k at the time, and blue untradeable Isco. Future Stars hakimi i got on a weekly free pack actually, that was 140k at the time.

Then my untradeable mid icon SBC reveal was 90 Gullit, worth 3.6m :drool:.

padr81

Supports
Man City
@padr81 how have you got a score of 18548 in the attacking situations skill game??? That’s unreal. Must have been from when timed finesse shots were OP. I’ll never beat that score :(
yup, was ages ago, I just timed finessed everything.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Packs are so fecking shit this year. I think they’ve lowered the odds of getting anyone decent because you can open more packs with Rivals.

Every week I finish Gold 1 and I get nobody. In the past 10 weeks I’ve opened 20 of those rare jumbo packs, that’s 480 rare gold players in 2 million coins worth of packs. I don’t think I’ve gotten a player worth more than 30k.
Timing is everything with packs imho, next year if I buy the game I'm going to be wiser and run a big of an experiment on this because...

imho...
We've just come off a big promo with feck loads of packs bought so for now there are probably too many high rated players packed whilst the lower players were fired in the upgrade SBC's. So with the 82-87 and player pick SBC's combined with big packs clubs are probably running low on 75-80 gold and rare gold. EA are going to load packs with them whilst cutting out the players who were packed a lot during promo's (82-87's) so the chance of packing anyone decent like Alex Sandro or Iniesta etc.. will be pretty slim.

Another thing to pay attention to is marquee matchup rewards.. Ea generally load these with the packs they think are needed to fill out the database, when its gold and silver packs with few rares, its a clear sign EA have decided to nerf pack rates, as common gold/silvers and low rated gold rares are running low.

The best time to open packs is when there is nothing going on imho. I'd be curious to compare the best cards packed during or outside of promo's from everyone here. But for me, I packed my Icon outside of a promo and any high rated player from rewards always came outside of promo's too.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Timing is everything with packs imho, next year if I buy the game I'm going to be wiser and run a big of an experiment on this because...

imho...
We've just come off a big promo with feck loads of packs bought so for now there are probably too many high rated players packed whilst the lower players were fired in the upgrade SBC's. So with the 82-87 and player pick SBC's combined with big packs clubs are probably running low on 75-80 gold and rare gold. EA are going to load packs with them whilst cutting out the players who were packed a lot during promo's (82-87's) so the chance of packing anyone decent like Alex Sandro or Iniesta etc.. will be pretty slim.

Another thing to pay attention to is marquee matchup rewards.. Ea generally load these with the packs they think are needed to fill out the database, when its gold and silver packs with few rares, its a clear sign EA have decided to nerf pack rates, as common gold/silvers and low rated gold rares are running low.

The best time to open packs is when there is nothing going on imho. I'd be curious to compare the best cards packed during or outside of promo's from everyone here. But for me, I packed my Icon outside of a promo and any high rated player from rewards always came outside of promo's too.
I also know someone who packed Ronaldo out of a standard premium gold pack.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I also know someone who packed Ronaldo out of a standard premium gold pack.
Yup I'd be curious as to when he packed him, I'm really starting to believe a premium gold pack during no promo is better than a megapack or something during a promo.

Shark

@NotShark
Yup I'd be curious as to when he packed him, I'm really starting to believe a premium gold pack during no promo is better than a megapack or something during a promo.
Now that you mention it, the only two players of any worth I’ve packed came from regular gold promo packs. Bale and Aguero.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I seemed to have improved massively almost overnight. Struggled to even get silver last weekend and I’m not 7 wins from 9. Also skill rating
If anyone is online and notices there are new fut swap items available, just Copy this and add to it

FUTSwap
1x Free
SBC 1/4/19
3 currently available as weekly objectives.

• Win 7 matches by 2 goals this week
  • Score using Colombian players in 3 separate rivals wins
  • Play 13 online matches this week

EvilChuck

Every time I get a good run going and think this is my week to break past G1... the game sends me a reminder to know my place. Should have stopped 3 games before i did, when my Cutrone unmarked in the box under no pressure scuffs one wide (which on the replay had an arrow indicating it was on target, but obviously when its not your turn to win its not your turn). Sitting there watching your defenders go from 4 Maldinis to 4 Phil Jones is just heartbreaking, and you can see it come a mile off too

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Every time I get a good run going and think this is my week to break past G1... the game sends me a reminder to know my place. Should have stopped 3 games before i did, when my Cutrone unmarked in the box under no pressure scuffs one wide (which on the replay had an arrow indicating it was on target, but obviously when its not your turn to win its not your turn). Sitting there watching your defenders go from 4 Maldinis to 4 Phil Jones is just heartbreaking, and you can see it come a mile off too
It's just the worst this game. We'll still play it because it's a footy game, but it really is terrible this year.

Hughes35

Think I'm done with Fifa. I'm a good player but just can't compete properly.

I pack utter shite every single time. I literally do not have one player in my team that I packed. The best player I have packed was Immobile that I sold for about 25K. Even after weekend leagues I've got 83 or 84 rated players from TOTW.

Played a guy last night that had 6 or 7 icons and the rest were players like IF mbappe and Ronaldos. He won 4-3 and I am not exaggerating, all 4 of his goals came within 1 minute of his 4 kick offs. Just ran straight down the middle doing one twos and then slapped it in for about 40 yards.

There is nothing you can do to compete properly when you're team is not as good and it's impossible to catch up. I dominate games but I think because the other team has better players the scripting kicks in to make sure they win. I've had games where I'm 2 or 3 goals ahead against much higher rates teams and then my players honestly become unable to kick the ball long. You play a long pass from one full back to the other, under no pressure, favorite foot and they will slice it out for a corner. Even when they magically manage a pass the receiving player just has it bounce off them.

I'm done with it until the make players be able to compete based on how good they are at the game with their team.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Lost my 4th game yesterday. I’m trying hard to get 27 wins which is the required amount to get FUT verified so I can compete in official tournaments. I finished on 26 wins once in fifa 19.

The guy I lost to won 4-3, he scored 4 headers. Two crosses and two set-pieces. Very annoying.

Nanook

I played Grimsby Town’s Reece Hall-Johnson yesterday. I guess he wants to play for Man City?

He quit in the 60th minute when I was winning 5-2. He was probably better than me tbf but my team was far, far better than his.

Carlsen19

That Fut Swaps Colombian challenge is going to be so difficult. It’s hard enough getting a win in rivals now I’m in division 1 let alone scoring with a Colombian. Just going to have to buy Cuadrado and Zapata and hopefully get a few penalties :lol:

Carlsen19

You can use attribute cards again in WL. Who at EA thought that would be a good idea??
Apparently it was an error (surprise surprise) and they can't stop them without resetting the WL. Shambles.

EvilChuck

You can use attribute cards again in WL. Who at EA thought that would be a good idea??
And apparently its just a visual glitch when someone has attribute cards, and then gets shown as having 115 pace.

They do so much good with content and licensing, but time and again EA let themselves down. I was already 15 games in when i read this was a thing, and you can be sure I started using attribute cards and noticing that others were doing the same

padr81

Supports
Man City
Major feck up on EA's part, was wondering what was going on. Was 7 & 3 in WL when I figured out whats going on. Was playing teams far weaker and slower than mine who were constantly outpacing me.

Macern

Pee pee pants
No one. It’s a mistake :lol::lol: the number of errors they’ve made this year is unreal. Kind of fitting with the gameplay and everything really. There’s a proper consistency in how shit everything in the game is, from scripting to mistakes like this.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Got KDB from marquee matchups, not unreal but my best pull in quite a while. 160k towards getting Petit finished.

Macern

Pee pee pants
8-1 so far. Just got a message from a russian guy saying he’s hoping my family dies soon and he’d celebrate it :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Div 2 at the moment.

Team

Lukaku (87)
Mane (86) Alli (84) Sterling (87)
Matic (86) Sigurdsson (86)
Robertson (84) Sanchez (84) Sokratis (86) Walker (84)
Lloris (88)

Pickford (83) Bailly (82) Valencia (82) Fabinho (85) Barkley (84) Sane (86) Rashford (82)

Macern

Pee pee pants
I think hes unreal, hes an absolute unit when people come near him! I prefer him from the right but I don't really fancy any of the others as main Striker. If I could swap Stoichkov for a decent icon ST I would be sorted
I’ve now subbed in Bale 32 times and can confirm that he’s absolutely unreal. How isn’t he more common? Unbelievable to be honest, I think he’s just a bit forgotten about. I always sub him in either at half time or after around 60 minutes and the impact he has is massive every single time. He just won me a game by shooting a longshot top bins.

Gareth Bale = the most underrated player in FIFA 19.

Macern

Pee pee pants
The weekend league has been exhausting so far. I’m currently at 12-1 which is good, but I’ve had to fight through so much bullshit in every game in order to get the wins. I’ve probably been down 1-0 five-six times. Been down 2-0 two or three times. People score the most random goals and sometimes you just can’t stop them even if the defending is impeccable. The one loss was against a guy who won 4-3 by scoring four headers, two from free kicks. It was like facing a fifa-reincarnation of Tony Pulis. I also met a guy who is ranked 582 in the world for March 2019. Pretty bad luck facing someone at that level. Luckily I won the game on pens.

I’ve had 0 easy wins so far, 0 ragequits. Before the last game I thought to myself ‘please just let me have an easy win’ and then this happens when I’m already down 1-0 after a kickoff glitch goal:

What the actual feck is that??

EvilChuck

@Macern you see shit like that happens to all of us. But people like you are good enough to recover from it, whereas someone like me knows that its game over when that bullshit starts

Macern

Pee pee pants
@Macern you see shit like that happens to all of us. But people like you are good enough to recover from it, whereas someone like me knows that its game over when that bullshit starts
Well, it depends. I’ve been dealing with it very well this weekend. Other weekends I let it get on my nerves and then I don’t really stand a chance at performing at my best level.

18-3 now. Had two 1-0 losses today. The last game which was a loss can be partially blamed on the servers. Completely out of nowhere everything started going in slow motion. For the entire game it was like controlling 11 zombies, very strange. Can’t remember the game being so slow before. My opponent jogged with the ball back and forth in the start of the game just to test the response. It was awful for both of us so we didn’t really manage to create many chances. He scored a lucky late goal in the 92nd minute of course.

Need to win my remaining 9 games in order to end up at 27 wins which is never going to happen so aiming for Elite 2. I’d be quite happy with that to be honest, been a while since I made Elite 2.

Edit: Finished at 24-6. Conceded a stupid goal at 121:48 to lose the last game. What a great way to end the weekend.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m currently 11-3, will try to get gold 3 then just stop.

I lost my last 3 one after the other so I’m taking a break, 3 more wins for gold 3 should be achievable I hope.

Brinky

The one weekend I probs won’t get all my games in I have my best start 14-2:devil:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Keep adding to this as they are added to the game please. I now have all 5. I subbed Muriel on and played 41212 and just went for him every time until I scored with him. Soon as I did, I subbed him off and got sweaty for the wins.

Finished on 17 wins. Had a realllyyyyyyy bad day yesterday but I was sitting on 14 or 15 so didn't really care. Does anyone else have serious issues finding a good Striker? I always seem to use wingers up top.

Played Vs a stacked Serie A team lst night and the guy had Cutrone and immobile ST with Zlatan on as sub in CAM. He crossed so much and I found it so hard to play against. I cant cross so wont bother my arse trying it but for people who play this way, get Cutrone. He was 352 or 5212 and used Sandro and Cancelo to cross

FUTSwap

1x Free
SBC 1/4/19
  • Win 7 matches by 2 goals this week
  • Score using Colombian players in 3 separate rivals wins
  • Play 13 online matches this week
EDIT - Is there a FUTSwap player available from Squad battles today?

Last edited:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Was thinking of doing the Kluivert SBC, so got him on loan. God, hes so shit!

Carlsen19

No chance in hell im doing that Colombia one. It’s a miracle if I manage to get a win in division 1 anyway let alone score with some clown like Muriel.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
No chance in hell im doing that Colombia one. It’s a miracle if I manage to get a win in division 1 anyway let alone score with some clown like Muriel.
Put Muriel on and play high pressure and just go for it. Give him penalties or tee him up for shots. I thought it would be a nightmare but got it done within 5 games

Macern

Pee pee pants
@Emmet I have the exact opposite problem with strikers as I’ve got three great untradable strikers so have to move two of them to other positions. Playing Zlatan at CF and Doumbia at LM. Got prime Crespo up top. If you can affort him I’d definitely recommend him. He’s got everything. Strength, pace, dribbling, passing, double 4*, great shooting.

Another one to look into is Butragueno. I kind of regret not doing him instead of Crespo as I think he’d be slightly better for me. Have had his mid version before and he’s absolutely unreal, definitely better than what his stats would suggest.

A cheaper option would be one of the better Rashford cards. I’m always struggling against him, lots of very good players use him.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
@Emmet I have the exact opposite problem with strikers as I’ve got three great untradable strikers so have to move two of them to other positions. Playing Zlatan at CF and Doumbia at LM. Got prime Crespo up top. If you can affort him I’d definitely recommend him. He’s got everything. Strength, pace, dribbling, passing, double 4*, great shooting.

Another one to look into is Butragueno. I kind of regret not doing him instead of Crespo as I think he’d be slightly better for me. Have had his mid version before and he’s absolutely unreal, definitely better than what his stats would suggest.

A cheaper option would be one of the better Rashford cards. I’m always struggling against him, lots of very good players use him.
Isnt the Crespo SBC gone? I wanted to do it. I always have a nightmare against Butragueno too, he bangs them in from everywhere. Played Vs Shearer few times this weekend, he was so good. Anyone tried him?

I will do a Striker SBC soon, definitely not Kluivert though he was so bad on loan. I completed the Ramsey SBC with stuff I had laying around the club + 80-100k. thought his card looked very good but he is just OK.