Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

RonaldoVII

Interesting. What formation are you rolling with currently? Like the look of Griezmann this year again, looks like he has stats in the right areas to be very effective.
433(4). One CM basically patrolling the back line and Dembele RW staying up top. He's lost some pace this year and gained some passing. I'm wondering if he'd be better as a CAM over ST.

No Love

433(4). One CM basically patrolling the back line and Dembele RW staying up top. He's lost some pace this year and gained some passing. I'm wondering if he'd be better as a CAM over ST.
Ah nice, I’m using the same formation at the moment. I’m playing with Drogba as my striker, with IF Maddison as my CAM, who, incidentally, has 28 goal contributions in 16 games for me. Might be an idea to drop Griezmann into that role and give him instructions to ‘Stay Forward’ and ‘Get Into Box for Crosses’. Without having used him myself, like you alluded to his stats suggest he’s tailor made for that role.

RonaldoVII

Ah nice, I’m using the same formation at the moment. I’m playing with Drogba as my striker, with IF Maddison as my CAM, who, incidentally, has 28 goal contributions in 16 games for me. Might be an idea to drop Griezmann into that role and give him instructions to ‘Stay Forward’ and ‘Get Into Box for Crosses’. Without having used him myself, like you alluded to his stats suggest he’s tailor made for that role.
I'll give it a go, cheers!

pascell

Do any of you guys post on the fifa reddit page? Some of the guys on there have played Alexander-Arnold, Nasri and Sancho in the last few days. Nasri has a team full of icons plus his 99 rated pro card :lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
What else you got set on custom tactics out of interest? I’m struggling post patch
Pressure on heavy touch
Balanced
Strikers on stay central and come back
Cam on stay forward
CMs on stay back and cover wing
CDM on cut passing lanes, drop between defenders and cover center
Fullbacks on join the attack and overlap
Gk on comes for crosses and sweeper keeper

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Do any of you guys post on the fifa reddit page? Some of the guys on there have played Alexander-Arnold, Nasri and Sancho in the last few days. Nasri has a team full of icons plus his 99 rated pro card :lol:
David Meyler (ex footballer) is a pro level FIFA player and does Youtube videos. He said Pros get some locked account where they can basically use any player they want or something as well as getting their own 99 version of themselves. Bit annoying considering they could easily afford to spend thousands on packs and get gifted the best teams anyway. Is pretty cool getting their own 99 card though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Forgot how much I hate weekend league. Only did it for the objective, and only need 9 wins but feck it's frustrating. This is why I only do this once a year...

Also going to try and get that Dzeko card of course, but the objectives look like a bit if a grind and a lot of rivals matches to get all that in a week.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Anyone else have issues with the audio skipping and delaying inputs in the game?

I've had it since the start of the game, but it was always really short, just went to boot up now and the music in the fut menu can't even play properly due to the audio skipping. It sounds like a scratched cd used to.

Nanook

Forgot how much I had weekend league. Only did it for the objective, and only need 9 wins but feck it's frustrating. This is why I only do this once a year...

Also going to try and get that Dzeko card of course, but the objectives look like a bit if a grind and a lot of rivals matches to get all that in a week.
Just message your opponent at the start of the game asking if he wants to do objectives. Most of the time they say yes.

LonelyFire

Pressure on heavy touch
Balanced
Strikers on stay central and come back
Cam on stay forward
CMs on stay back and cover wing
CDM on cut passing lanes, drop between defenders and cover center
Fullbacks on join the attack and overlap
Gk on comes for crosses and sweeper keeper
Will give that a go - cheers

pascell

David Meyler (ex footballer) is a pro level FIFA player and does Youtube videos. He said Pros get some locked account where they can basically use any player they want or something as well as getting their own 99 version of themselves. Bit annoying considering they could easily afford to spend thousands on packs and get gifted the best teams anyway. Is pretty cool getting their own 99 card though.
Ah I thought it was for that pro, I stand corrected.

No Love

Have you played many games. I believe if you go over 44 you can still play but get no points.
That’s what I thought last night when he posted; however, he said he was given points in a subsequent match, which was odd. I was like you, my initial reaction was that he had exceeded the 44 matches.

No Love

Hit 14-5 and think that will do me for the weekend, as per the norm.

Frees me up to tackle those Dzeko requirements, as I believe they’re only there until Friday.

bosnian_red

Have you played many games. I believe if you go over 44 you can still play but get no points.
I played about 10 or 15. But refreshed with some matches left over. Probably why it adds up.
That’s what I thought last night when he posted; however, he said he was given points in a subsequent match, which was odd. I was like you, my initial reaction was that he had exceeded the 44 matches.
It's not based on total games, its how many times you refresh. Can only refresh it like 9 times, even if you only play 1 game per batch.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's not based on total games, its how many times you refresh. Can only refresh it like 9 times, even if you only play 1 game per batch.
I thought you could keep refreshing this year once your games were done just got no points. Dunno why.

bosnian_red

I thought you could keep refreshing this year once your games were done just got no points. Dunno why.
You can keep refreshing, just it wont count for points after the 9 refreshes. Like if you always play against the shit team, you cant get points for 45 refreshes to play against 45 65 overall teams. Makes sense. It counts for the objectives but you don't get squad battles points for it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You can keep refreshing, just it wont count for points after the 9 refreshes. Like if you always play against the shit team, you cant get points for 45 refreshes to play against 45 65 overall teams. Makes sense. It counts for the objectives but you don't get squad battles points for it.
Oh yeah thats what I meant. Would be unfair if you could just keep playing the shite team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone know if a permanent transfer ban is actually permanent? I am fine with the punishment but I dont know how I can fecking play when my contracts run out.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's what I did for the icon swaps objectives :p but yeah they stop counting for points after 9 refreshes.
I never thought of that, thats a great idea. I'll play enough games to get E1 tonight and use my refreshes tomorrow for the swaps.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
@Eddy_JukeZ

Looks like another 29-1 :lol:
I actually follow your WL now as I'm curious to see if and when you get 30-1

I gotta say (and You're like 10 time the player I am!) in attack, you always look for the drag back and inside movement. It probably works against most, but I think some just read it too easily.
The guy you lost to, you had so many opportunities to shoot across the keeper but never once went for it, but you have the best players in every position, so I'd take a few more chances!

Just an opinion from watching your losses

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Gotta pay EA some spondoolies and open packs im afraid. You buy coins? :lol:
I didn't want to do these stupid SBCs. I just want to play the game! But then when I play with my average joes, I face teams that have some scream card or a flashback Walcott and other shit. Just thought I'd make a half decent side and crack on with the games.

I'm fine with a perm ban from transfers as I just want to get on with playing now. Most my team is 83-85 rated and I'm fine with that to get by. But the damn contracts!

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
@Eddy_JukeZ

Looks like another 29-1 :lol:
I actually follow your WL now as I'm curious to see if and when you get 30-1

I gotta say (and You're like 10 time the player I am!) in attack, you always look for the drag back and inside movement. It probably works against most, but I think some just read it too easily.
The guy you lost to, you had so many opportunities to shoot across the keeper but never once went for it, but you have the best players in every position, so I'd take a few more chances!

Just an opinion from watching your losses
I'll twitch stream myself going 30-0 next week using only United players.

AaronRedDevil

Shame that Pacy passer objective is glitched. Did it now 6 times and still nothing. Weirdly this is one of the best nights of fifa I've had in years :drool:

RonaldoVII

After going p10 w3 yesterday, pleased to finish the weekend league P30 W16. Gold 3 and 14 wins is always the target. Can crack on with the objectives now and relax before/after the game tomorrow.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Took the plunge and bought this. Gutted though as apparently my UT club of 10 years has been lost purely because I didnt play Fifa 19.. there goes all my loyalty packs!

No Love

After going p10 w3 yesterday, pleased to finish the weekend league P30 W16. Gold 3 and 14 wins is always the target. Can crack on with the objectives now and relax before/after the game tomorrow.
Well done, man. You’ll be flying through the objectives now that you’ve got WL tied up. You salvaged it well after that Friday session! Did you keep Griezmann up top?

I went 14-5 and didn’t play a minute more today. Watched Gillette Soccer, watched the City match and then the boxing. That’s probably how WL was intended actually, not the hideous sweat fest that it degenerates into, most of the time!

RonaldoVII

Well done, man. You’ll be flying through the objectives now that you’ve got WL tied up. You salvaged it well after that Friday session! Did you keep Griezmann up top?

I went 14-5 and didn’t play a minute more today. Watched Gillette Soccer, watched the City match and then the boxing. That’s probably how WL was intended actually, not the hideous sweat fest that it degenerates into, most of the time!
Thanks! I did keep Griezmann up top and he ended the 30 games with 33 goals for me. I definitely think your tip for my CAM helped. I play Isco there and he chipped in with a few more goals than normal and helped me control games a bit more with more bodies staying forward.
Are you going to play the rest of your games? The rewards look tasty. I'm just happy to qualify for next weekend and have time left to chill/endure the United game :lol:

No Love

Thanks! I did keep Griezmann up top and he ended the 30 games with 33 goals for me. I definitely think your tip for my CAM helped. I play Isco there and he chipped in with a few more goals than normal and helped me control games a bit more with more bodies staying forward.
Are you going to play the rest of your games? The rewards look tasty. I'm just happy to qualify for next weekend and have time left to chill/endure the United game :lol:
Ah nice, that’s good. Glad it helped! I’m actually considering Icon Swap Rivaldo for that role now, I think he could do serious work with his stats and work rates, paired with those instructions.

Nah, I usually don’t play the remaining games. Once I hit Gold 3 I can be satisfied knowing that I’ll get something to open on Thursday. I’ve pushed on before and hit higher ranks, but the whole WL thing is not really for me, despite being fairly decent at it.

I’m like you, by the time I watch the match tomorrow and get everything planned for the week ahead, FIFA has to take a back seat!

How are you looking for the Dzeko requirements? Going to be fun trying to score from crosses with Serie A players. I have Callejon who is decent and then I think Verdi is a cheap option who has the stats to be good this year. I’ll be bombing down the wing with those two and firing crosses in like a Davy Moyes Utd side, hoping by some miracle Drogba can make something of them. :lol:

Bojan11

@Eddy_JukeZ you can hide out in here with all the over the top abuse you getting. Seems like you ran over somebodies cat. I mean all you did literally was try to play somebody with a very good record and it might have not worked out very well for you, so not like you went out stream sniping someone for a easy match.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
@Eddy_JukeZ you can hide out in here with all the over the top abuse you getting. Seems like you ran over somebodies cat. I mean all you did literally was try to play somebody with a very good record and it might have not worked out very well for you, so not like you went out stream sniping someone for a easy match.
Well, that’s exactly what they were doing though. :confused: