Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How many times has Inaki Williams won the Balloon D'Or?

fecking unplayable. Never runs out of steam, outmuscles everyone, wins ever header, wins every footrace, has cannons for legs.

luke511

It feels like the input lag is worse after the update, especially when defending. Why do they have to continuously feck around with the mechanics of the game? They try and solve one problem and it creates another. I miss online games like Halo 3, MW2 and FIFA 14 where they very rarely changed anything gameplay related throughout the entirety.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Currently at 550k coins but Van Dijk seems to be getting more expensive by the day. Thinking do I keep trying or do I maybe improve my team by two or three players instead?

Current team is

Allison
TAA - Rudiger - Alderweireld - Robertson
Ndombele - Fabinho
Sterling - Maddison - Pepe/Pulisic
Kane

Was thinking I could probably get Mane, Davinson Sanchez and Moussa Sissoko for the same money.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Currently at 550k coins but Van Dijk seems to be getting more expensive by the day. Thinking do I keep trying or do I maybe improve my team by two or three players instead?

Current team is

Allison
TAA - Rudiger - Alderweireld - Robertson
Ndombele - Fabinho
Sterling - Maddison - Pepe/Pulisic
Kane

Was thinking I could probably get Mane, Davinson Sanchez and Moussa Sissoko for the same money.
Nobody cares

Riz

When defending unless I’m controlling my centre mids they just stop running back between the box and the centre circle. It’s so fecking frustrating when you have strikers wingers and midfielders all rushing forward against you and your CM just decides to sack off getting back goal side.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When defending unless I’m controlling my centre mids they just stop running back between the box and the centre circle. It’s so fecking frustrating when you have strikers wingers and midfielders all rushing forward against you and your CM just decides to sack off getting back goal side.
Yep. Not even sure how to fix this either. Honestly feels like I’m missing something tactics wise or similar. I have a positive Win loss ratio but feels like I’ve won games despite that. Like I’m driving with the hand break on.

Pretty much every game the guy I’m playing seems to have a team faster and stronger all over the pitch. Not sure if they’re using boosts or something.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly how is this not pay to win or have a momentum thing in it. Constantly making tackles and having them bounce perfectly back to the attacker. And when I attack? All my shots are blocked to perfection but the ball also falls to the feet of the defender that blocked it. Just nice and neat and tidy.

Some cnut is even trying to do rainbow flicks and he somehow has enough time to feck up the skill and turn around and retrieve the ball before any of my Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime players have even started running towards it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just got my 50th win and think I’m done for now with FUT. Every game is against In Form Walcott, Griezmann, Lewandowski and basically every speedy player known to man. The kids have all figured out exactly how to score certain goals and just repeat that over and over which I’m baffled they don’t find boring.

I swear 90% of the goals I concede are just them playing it into a striker and then either a 1 - 2 or a skill move that just takes them past a defender and a tap in. People have barely scored from outside the box against me or from any imaginative play. Meanwhile the goals I’m scoring are well worked but it doesn’t really benefit me trying to play like an actual football team because I get like one or two of them a game and let in about 4 up the other end.

Going to play career mode now it’s apparently had some fixes.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just got my 50th win and think I’m done for now with FUT. Every game is against In Form Walcott, Griezmann, Lewandowski and basically every speedy player known to man. The kids have all figured out exactly how to score certain goals and just repeat that over and over which I’m baffled they don’t find boring.

I swear 90% of the goals I concede are just them playing it into a striker and then either a 1 - 2 or a skill move that just takes them past a defender and a tap in. People have barely scored from outside the box against me or from any imaginative play. Meanwhile the goals I’m scoring are well worked but it doesn’t really benefit me trying to play like an actual football team because I get like one or two of them a game and let in about 4 up the other end.

Going to play career mode now it’s apparently had some fixes.
What Divison are you in? If you are getting 1, 2ed outside the box set your defence to drop back and play narrow. If the ball is constantly falling to their players it’s usually due to you firing inaccurate passes out from the back. The most important thing I find in Fifa is don’t lose your head, don’t lunge into challenges and jockey, jockey, jockey.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
@Solius

Take a break my dude I think you've reached your limit.

Also VVD is not worth it at all. Bailly or gomez do the exact same job. Which shows how broken this game is.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
@Solius

Take a break my dude I think you've reached your limit.

Also VVD is not worth it at all. Bailly or gomez do the exact same job. Which shows how broken this game is.
Put a shadow on Gomez and he’s top quality, don’t just buy for ratings by the OP players. For example I packed Griezman early on and sold him to buy Sane, he was meh so swapped him for Philipe Anderson and he was far better, Pepe is low rating but fantastic and while Kane is pretty slow he’s banging them in for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What Divison are you in? If you are getting 1, 2ed outside the box set your defence to drop back and play narrow. If the ball is constantly falling to their players it’s usually due to you firing inaccurate passes out from the back. The most important thing I find in Fifa is don’t lose your head, don’t lunge into challenges and jockey, jockey, jockey.
I got put in 4 and got promoted to 3 but now I’m down to 4 again. Got the defence doing that I think but they all seem so passive. When I kick off some of my players actually stand still like statues until the ball enters their area of the pitch. And when I’m defending it constantly makes me the CB’s which drags them out of position. I can see all the plays happening but I can’t change players in time.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I got put in 4 and got promoted to 3 but now I’m down to 4 again. Got the defence doing that I think but they all seem so passive. When I kick off some of my players actually stand still like statues until the ball enters their area of the pitch. And when I’m defending it constantly makes me the CB’s which drags them out of position. I can see all the plays happening but I can’t change players in time.
I changed to full auto changing in Fifa 20, I bounce between 6 and 5 at the minute and yes I can feel your pain with some of the players. I get longed balled constantly but I usually know the moment I have made the mistake that costs me. I’m enjoying the game right now but I wish matches were more consistent. I know when I’m going to be under pressure and know when I should push, I just wish EA would drop the whole momentum thing.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
My gripe is twats who just lump it to the 90 pace wingers who run down the wing and cut in, sit on the byline waiting for support while my defenders aren’t allowed to commit unless they’re VVD who has a free pass at fouling. Then the attacker has an easy shot. The amount of times an attacker just flies down the wing past my lagging fullback is numbingly dull, but i don’t want to sit deel because then im camped inside my box completely unable to get up the pitch without losing the ball after 5/6 passes, as again inevitably someone will misplace a pass for no reason. The only way to combat anything on this game is going on all out attack.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
My gripe is twats who just lump it to the 90 pace wingers who run down the wing and cut in, sit on the byline waiting for support while my defenders aren’t allowed to commit unless they’re VVD who has a free pass at fouling. Then the attacker has an easy shot. The amount of times an attacker just flies down the wing past my lagging fullback is numbingly dull, but i don’t want to sit deel because then im camped inside my box completely unable to get up the pitch without losing the ball after 5/6 passes, as again inevitably someone will misplace a pass for no reason. The only way to combat anything on this game is going on all out attack.
Yep if I'm losing I set both wingers and cam to stay up when defending, if you get a quick goal it turns the momentum, the annoying thing for me is trying to leave the ball alone when the ball is going out for a throw only for your player to touch it on the way out.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Went on for 4 games tonight and won them all, so I'm not complaining because i lost or anything. But some of the mechanics and gameplay feel a bit weird imo.

The tackling system is even worse this year. You rarely get the ball when you tackle and often birth players just get stuck on eachother until one glitches out and away with the ball.

Off the ball my players aren't moving where I'm asking them to either. I mentioned it yesterday and I'm not sure if it's because my pad is actually broken or something, but it feels like the AI will try to drag your player on a slightly different direction for some reason.

Has anybody else noticed any of this?

Bojan11

The gameplay is a mixed bag due to the servers. EA access it was fine due to the low amount of people but as soon as it went on full sale they couldn’t handle it.

The AI and movement rely on the servers also. So when your AI isn’t moving then it’s most likely the data isn’t going to the servers telling them to move. It’s just a badly coded game. The tackling and opponent still having the ball proves that. Same when you do a fake shot and you end up shooting. Looks like it’s going to be another rough yeah. Can look forward to next gen version for next year but that will probably be the same if they haven’t improved the servers. Once EA improve the servers then they really have a base for the game. That should be the priority because everything else is redundant. You can have the best football game ever but if the servers are trash then it’s pointless.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The gameplay is a mixed bag due to the servers. EA access it was fine due to the low amount of people but as soon as it went on full sale they couldn’t handle it.

The AI and movement rely on the servers also. So when your AI isn’t moving then it’s most likely the data isn’t going to the servers telling them to move. It’s just a badly coded game. The tackling and opponent still having the ball proves that. Same when you do a fake shot and you end up shooting. Looks like it’s going to be another rough yeah. Can look forward to next gen version for next year but that will probably be the same if they haven’t improved the servers. Once EA improve the servers then they really have a base for the game. That should be the priority because everything else is redundant. You can have the best football game ever but if the servers are trash then it’s pointless.
Have you noticed the movement thing? I'm not sure if I'm going mad, the AI is interfering (or servers like you said) or my pad is just broke.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck off. Took the packs as rewards for once just because I'm trying to get a couple of ligue 1 players for the icon swaps objective. Prime gold players pack and rare electrum players pack, 24 total players, not one ligue 1 player. To make things worse, the 3 best cards I got were Suso, Giroud and Hasebe (82, 82, 80 overall). Any trash ligue 1 player I wouldve been happy with!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

I have the same issue. I have the ball in midfield and my entire defence is literally standing completely still, not moving a muscle. Sometimes my attackers do it aswell, horrendous game making.

shabz

Packed IF Wijnaldum from my rewards which was nice and got Navas and Pjanic from my two picks which will help with some higher rated SBC's.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Right I can't do sbcs or stuff but I want a decent team to compete. I bought coins on FUT and got perm banned from transfers :lol:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Done 11/12 icon swaps so far, with just the CSL squad battles left to complete. Thinking I'll go for either Zanetti or Ferdinand but I'd have to wait another month to get them. Might just get impatient and get Carlos earlier :nervous:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Done 11/12 icon swaps so far, with just the CSL squad battles left to complete. Thinking I'll go for either Zanetti or Ferdinand but I'd have to wait another month to get them. Might just get impatient and get Carlos earlier :nervous:
I was thinking about Carlos but im waiting and as soon as the next batch is released I will do them quckly to get Zanetti. Hes an end game right back and wont move from my team

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I was thinking about Carlos but im waiting and as soon as the next batch is released I will do them quckly to get Zanetti. Hes an end game right back and wont move from my team
That's what I was thinking. If I get Zanetti my RB position would be sorted for the rest of the year. Just need to be patient

Even with 50 jumping?
With the massive nerf of heading this year you can probably get away with such low jumping

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Even with 50 jumping?
If it was Fifa 19 I would care. At the minute, every player knows not to cross high unless the person is scott free and even then its a gamble. Heading is non existent

AaronRedDevil

Trying to do an objective for an icon swap player. Called golden rival's. Anyone have a clue what to do? My squad rating is 78 and my highest rated player is 83. Still nothing at the moment.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Pulled Ramos and Mendy out of my mega pack. For finishing rank 3.

untradable though which is annoying.

Nanook

Trying to do an objective for an icon swap player. Called golden rival's. Anyone have a clue what to do? My squad rating is 78 and my highest rated player is 83. Still nothing at the moment.
You need to do it on squad battles on world class you know? Also no silvers or bronze on the bench I think. Worked fine for me.

luke511

This update has nerfed the pace as well. Gameplay wise this is easily a worse game compared to the one that was originally released, seriously what's the point? :confused:

AaronRedDevil

You need to do it on squad battles on world class you know? Also no silvers or bronze on the bench I think. Worked fine for me.
Weird. I've no bronze or silvers in my squad and I've played a lot of squad battles. All gold players. Good to know though.

AaronRedDevil

Watched a video of goal highlights made in PES 20. Feck you FIFA that shit looks realistic as feck. Finally decided to get that instead.
Yeah PES is miles better. If pes had pro clubs and the skill controls were the same a as fifa I'd play that everytime. Even the ultimate team is miles better. I got Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, maradona for free on the same day on pes 18.

bosnian_red

Definitely getting Rio. Don't think anyone will have as big of an impact as Rio at CB unless you have Van Dijk (and then just have both and you're unbeatable). This one especially is hardly that much different from his other versions. Beast in every way from what I heard. The other players will probably be cheap enough (and the other Roberto Carlos are much better than this one IMO).

Wal2Fra

Definitely getting Rio. Don't think anyone will have as big of an impact as Rio at CB unless you have Van Dijk (and then just have both and you're unbeatable). This one especially is hardly that much different from his other versions. Beast in every way from what I heard. The other players will probably be cheap enough (and the other Roberto Carlos are much better than this one IMO).
Any ideas on how Nesta is? I was thinking him + 1 but Rio is a big temptation but could only pick up Scmeichel with him, where as Nesta can come with a good 2nd option (Ballack or cheaper)

bosnian_red

Any ideas on how Nesta is? I was thinking him + 1 but Rio is a big temptation but could only pick up Scmeichel with him, where as Nesta can come with a good 2nd option (Ballack or cheaper)
Heard he isn't as good. Just check reviews on YouTube really, people always rave about Rio while whenever I've played Nesta, I barely noticed an icon in the team. Good, but I never spend big on defensive players unless there is a clear massive difference. Rio is, not sure others are.