Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Probably going to give UT a miss this year as abroad till the end of November so I'll have too much to catch up on unless I plough the capital of a small country into it. Will be easier to save some money and put it towards a head start on FIFA 21.

I see some people are complaining about in career mode playing like Spurs and they're playing the reserve players, there's a way around that, before you start career take the scratch players out of their squad and put in them in random teams elsewhere.

Have Jorginho and Hudson Odoi got their actual faces on the game this year?

Ole90+3

FUT has become pretty much unplayable hasn't it? It's difficult to enjoy it, everyone is now playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. Win at all costs.

If it wasn't for Co-ops I'd be selling up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably going to give UT a miss this year as abroad till the end of November so I'll have too much to catch up on unless I plough the capital of a small country into it. Will be easier to save some money and put it towards a head start on FIFA 21.

I see some people are complaining about in career mode playing like Spurs and they're playing the reserve players, there's a way around that, before you start career take the scratch players out of their squad and put in them in random teams elsewhere.

Have Jorginho and Hudson Odoi got their actual faces on the game this year?
You're going to give up on FUT with the game out for 2 months and focus on fifa 21 that comes out in a year???? Its not that hard to get a decent side ffs!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You're going to give up on FUT with the game out for 2 months and focus on fifa 21 that comes out in a year???? Its not that hard to get a decent side ffs!
I tried catching up before, it takes a lot of money or time, something I don't have either off in abundance.

SirAF

Ageist
Seems like the big patch is out for PC now, but not yet for PS4 and X1.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
My normal level is professional, had a go on WC there and it's stupid. Their GK turned into fecking neuer/De gea/schmeichel all rolled into one... It was fecking karius.

Also they don't seem to slow down on WC, constant sprint without losing stamina.

Only lost 2-0 but feel proper robbed. Over the top, volley over the shoulder for their first from about 30 yards :lol: then chasing the game and they get a perfect cross and header (think I've managed that once in about 50 games) :lol:
I only really play the low chemistry and lowish rated teams on world class. I tried playing an all bronze SB team on Ultimate and i got absolutely demolished by them :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
FUT has become pretty much unplayable hasn't it? It's difficult to enjoy it, everyone is now playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. Win at all costs.

If it wasn't for Co-ops I'd be selling up.
I think its the most enjoyable FUT in years to be honest, so far there is a reason to play and have multiple teams.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Usually Div 1/2 player on Online Seasons.

You've convinced me, I'll give it a go but not get too invested in it.

SBCs are a new addition since I stopped, are they really worth doing? My understanding is you go and buy a team, then trade it in for a pack; which just seems like a massive risk?
SBCs are good fun, you'll have a lot of players lying around in your squad to help you anyway, then just pick other players up for cheap. Use Futbin website to help you complete them. They also release SBCs to get guaranteed players, like POTM Aubameyang. Just decide if it's worth it based on whether you need them, if you have coins to complete etc. The basic and advanced ones are guaranteed profit really and will give you a boost early on, which i think is the idea.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I only really play the low chemistry and lowish rated teams on world class. I tried playing an all bronze SB team on Ultimate and i got absolutely demolished by them :lol:
I wouldn't mind but getting beat even once is a massive disadvantage on squad battles, instead of 900-1400 for a draw/win you end up with 200 points. Feels like a massively wasted game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
There is no such thing as a bronze team on ultimate, the game turns every player into a 95-99 rated on that difficulty.

JB7

Genuinely interested to know if it actually fixes the issues, a lot of what they're mentioned in the pitch notes are issues that have been around for years and never been properly fixed. Also no mention of the edit player glitches I don't think sadly.

Will see how it's received before I rush out and buy the game.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
If ya can beat the low level teams on WC try legendary, I will generally only play the 2 easy games per round on WC and legendary to get to gold 1, leaving 4 or 5 rounds left to play

iammemphis

If ya can beat the low level teams on WC try legendary, I will generally only play the 2 easy games per round on WC and legendary to get to gold 1, leaving 4 or 5 rounds left to play
Yeh i would too but im only doing it for the icon requirements.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Man City just got relegated on the first season of my career mode. Brighton champions.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Using a Bundesliga team in UT, as PL is too pricey if you want to go up in quality.

Any suggestions for CAMs? I have Goetze and Sabitzer. Not hugely impressed.

Sommer

Weiser Nastasic Sane Hector

Delaney Thiago

Sancho Sabitzer Coman

Werner

I have Thorgan Hazard and Kostic too.
Any other suggestions on improvement?
How have you got a Bundesliga team and you don't have Havertz??

binary bot
Some of the off the ball shit that goes on is bizarre. Players constantly falling over and running into opponents. One of my wingers stands down near my goalkeeper at kick off

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Using a Bundesliga team in UT, as PL is too pricey if you want to go up in quality.

Any suggestions for CAMs? I have Goetze and Sabitzer. Not hugely impressed.

Sommer

Weiser Nastasic Sane Hector

Delaney Thiago

Sancho Sabitzer Coman

Werner

I have Thorgan Hazard and Kostic too.
Any other suggestions on improvement?
Havertz or Brandt for CAM if you're on a small budget.

Grib

Some of the off the ball shit that goes on is bizarre. Players constantly falling over and running into opponents. One of my wingers stands down near my goalkeeper at kick off
Think that's specific to one formation, they say it's fixed in the new patch

Jam

Right so I bit the bullet and started.

What now? The game and macro meta around it had changed massively since I was last involved. Should I do seasons/rivals/squad battles? Should I do “challenges” or SBC? What should my priorities be early on?

Also looking to build a Ligue 1/General French team as my first team, who should I be going for and what sort of formations are “meta”, generally in normal Fifa I go with a 433, more accurately 4213~

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Harry Kane sometimes runs into the goal when I am about to play it into the box. Like how does that help me.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can you explain this?
Yup all players from the opposition get boosted to 99 rated, its a visual bug that shows their base stats buddy. It's being patched. Last year if you paused the game and checked the ai players ratings on ultimate it showed as 99, this year it shows their base stats but they play as 99. The patch will show their rating as ULT instead of 62 or whatever.

This is the note for the patch coming tomorrow.
"When playing on Ultimate difficulty against an AI controlled team, their overall rating will now display as ULT when viewed in the Pause Menu.
  • Previously this was incorrectly showing the players base overall rating without the boost to their attributes, which comes from playing on Ultimate difficulty, being applied."

Here is fifa18's thread on the issue which it turns out wasn't an issue but a deliberate feature. https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/...ad-battles-on-ultimate-vs-94-99-rated-players

Jam

So I got Roussillon, and he works for both my intended French/Ligue 1 as well as my intended German/Bundesliga team, but he's currently going for around 18,000... since I'm just starting off should I sell him and get another couple decent players - or should I keep hold and use him, will he hold value?

Also got TOTW Aitor, he has no use to me but is only selling for 10K~, should I sell or use in a SBC?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Just had a look at the ratings (I'm late to the party this year due to travelling) and EA have had an absolute mare here.

Sticking to Chelsea to start, I think the only players that have got fair ratings are Kepa, Alonso, Pedro and Willian. Azpi at 84 is probably above his current level while the rest have been underrated.

Another two examples is Firminho who should be much higher than 86 and Wan Bissaka higher than 79, while they tend to keep giving past it players ratings closer to their prime selves as opposed to their current level, Torres for example should have fallen to a silver level card the season after he arrived at Chelsea yet carried on being an 80 plus rated player for years after, same now with Alexis.

And let's not get started on Lingard being rated higher than Felix, really EA?

Hughes35

So, looking for suggestions. I have about 150-170K to spend.

-----------------LLoris------------
Pereira Rudiger Sanchez Shaw/Mendy
------Henderson--Ox/Ndidi--Kovacic---
--------Sancho---Moura------Anderson

I think for the ICON I will probably go with Keane or Ferdinand (Or Carlos as LB is tough to fill).

How would you spend 160K and which ICON would you pick? Try and get Keane + Okotcha to fix the midfield? I'm thinking maybe Laporte + another? 84 rated Ndidi ?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yup all players from the opposition get boosted to 99 rated, its a visual bug that shows their base stats buddy. It's being patched. Last year if you paused the game and checked the ai players ratings on ultimate it showed as 99, this year it shows their base stats but they play as 99. The patch will show their rating as ULT instead of 62 or whatever.

This is the note for the patch coming tomorrow.
"When playing on Ultimate difficulty against an AI controlled team, their overall rating will now display as ULT when viewed in the Pause Menu.
  • Previously this was incorrectly showing the players base overall rating without the boost to their attributes, which comes from playing on Ultimate difficulty, being applied."

Here is fifa18's thread on the issue which it turns out wasn't an issue but a deliberate feature. https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/...ad-battles-on-ultimate-vs-94-99-rated-players
Didn’t know this ty.

iammemphis

So I got Roussillon, and he works for both my intended French/Ligue 1 as well as my intended German/Bundesliga team, but he's currently going for around 18,000... since I'm just starting off should I sell him and get another couple decent players - or should I keep hold and use him, will he hold value?

Also got TOTW Aitor, he has no use to me but is only selling for 10K~, should I sell or use in a SBC?
Personally i would as he’s really low rated and only expensive because he’s the quickest left back in the german league. I would sell and try and get someone else in and use the coins elsewhere if you are using a budget squad.

Wal2Fra

Fekir & Tolliso are a must. Payet is also a really good cheap option instead of Fekir, depends on your budget.

I play 4312
Ruffier
Aguilar umtiti hernandez rousillon
Matuidi tolisso ndombele
Fekir
Benzema ben yedder

Ruffier is a great gk on the game. Benzema is very effecient too. Tolisso can do everything, would recommend the Engine chem style on him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I finally played a few games on Rivals last night and I noticed something that kept happening. An example is when I was chasing an opposition through ball, my defenders wouldn't run in the direction that I was pressing, they seemed to automatically veer off or track the runner. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was happening, but it definitely wasn't what I was pressing :lol:

Is this a feature of the game that anybody else has noticed or is my pad just knackered?