Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Played 1 before work today. Lost 2-1 in a really tight game. Fair loss. Trying out the IF N’Didi who looks pretty nice.

Not settled on a formation yet though. Think I’m going to try the 4-3-1-2 tonight.

Having real issues with my inputs not registering at all though. Frustrating cause I’m enjoying the game ATM apart from that and getting slow/laggy gameplay sometimes.

No Love

What is going on with gameplay today? My players are stuck in the mud and can’t move. Anyone else feeling it?

Shark

@NotShark
What is going on with gameplay today? My players are stuck in the mud and can’t move. Anyone else feeling it?
Same. Just faced opponent with a much better team than mine but my players were just basically standing still while the likes of Lacazette and Martial had their way with my defense and every time I tried to launch an attack my players were stuck in sand, not making any runs. Seems to be more pay to win than ever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same. Just faced opponent with a much better team than mine but my players were just basically standing still while the likes of Lacazette and Martial had their way with my defense and every time I tried to launch an attack my players were stuck in sand, not making any runs. Seems to be more pay to win than ever.
Just lost a game online and I hit the post 5 times. Meanwhile two of his goals came from him wiggling the skill stick around my box until the ball bounced back to him enough times for a tap in.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
On Be a Pro Career Mode, the tallest you can make your player is 6 ft 2. Apparently this is a mistake they've made.. How on earth have they not fixed it though? It can't be hard can it??

Baffling.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ahhh a last minute loss to a Saint Maximin goal because he just runs past everyone. Didn’t want my controller anyway.

Wal2Fra

On Be a Pro Career Mode, the tallest you can make your player is 6 ft 2. Apparently this is a mistake they've made.. How on earth have they not fixed it though? It can't be hard can it??

Baffling.
The bugs in this game don't even make sense.

I can understand if there are a few issues tyat need to be fixed but I don't understand how at any point the dev team made this mistake with height or set the game up to use weaker squads on career. They just seem like such basic things to do.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Those icon swap objectives look a bit shit. Will get probably 5 of the 12 for the first part then aim to get 4 from the next and get Giggs... But no chance I'll do more. Doubt I'll go out of my way to somehow get 7 first owner players from ligue 1/serie a/la liga/bundesliga, win 3 rivals matches with each of those, or winning 5 squad battles matches on world class each with a full MLS, eredivisie and CSL team.

9 FUT champs wins, 3 rivals wins with full gold squad max 83, 3 rivals wins with 7 first owned prem cards, 6 squad battles wins on WC with the 83 gold squad and the 20 goals/20 games with first owner card are doable over the month. But stilll a bit annoying.

Edit:
Never mind, checked my club, shouldnt be too bad. Can use loan cards and I already have decent untradable squads for prem/la liga/bundesliga/serie A with maybe a couple of players here and there needed to complete. 3 wins should be doable with each. Ligue 1 I have basically nothing, so probably won't be able to get that one. The 3 squad battles teams should only be like 7-8k each to make good enough teams to get a few world class wins, though again, bit annoying. Feck it though.

Last edited:

Nanook

Those icon swap objectives look a bit shit. Will get probably 5 of the 12 for the first part then aim to get 4 from the next and get Giggs... But no chance I'll do more. Doubt I'll go out of my way to somehow get 7 first owner players from ligue 1/serie a/la liga/bundesliga, win 3 rivals matches with each of those, or winning 5 squad battles matches on world class each with a full MLS, eredivisie and CSL team.

9 FUT champs wins, 3 rivals wins with full gold squad max 83, 3 rivals wins with 7 first owned prem cards, 6 squad battles wins on WC with the 83 gold squad and the 20 goals/20 games with first owner card are doable over the month. But stilll a bit annoying.

Edit:
Never mind, checked my club, shouldnt be too bad. Can use loan cards and I already have decent untradable squads for prem/la liga/bundesliga/serie A with maybe a couple of players here and there needed to complete. 3 wins should be doable with each. Ligue 1 I have basically nothing, so probably won't be able to get that one. The 3 squad battles teams should only be like 7-8k each to make good enough teams to get a few world class wins, though again, bit annoying. Feck it though.
For the squad battle challenges you only need a starting 11 of those leagues. You can bring good players off the bench to make it easier.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Just realised that I haven't enjoyed a single weekend league match. Is there any other game you would play that you genuinely aren't enjoying?

RonaldoVII

First weekend league for a couple of years for me. It's been tough going as 5 of my first 6 games went to extra time and 4 of them to penalties, winning 2. Currently w4 l4 which I'm pretty happy with. Aiming for gold 3 and 14 wins. Really need Griezmann instead of Rodrigo though, I'm missing too many chances.

bubbles_

Why does the base icon pack require so many tokens? There’s going to be a lot of Lehmanns and pissed off people.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
This game doesn't make sense to me. Playing rivals with my 2.2m team and I lose every other game. Sold up and made a cheap 30k team to play WL with and I'm currently 11-4, winning games easily and controlling them in a way I haven't ever done with my expensive team.

van de Beek is incredible though. Probably my favourite card in Fifa 20 so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just realised that I haven't enjoyed a single weekend league match. Is there any other game you would play that you genuinely aren't enjoying?
I thought this earlier. I’m so tense playing rivals I realised I couldn’t remember the last match I actually enjoyed. Everyone has already worked out the best exploits so it requires full concentration to win any game.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Because it's an ultra competitive, win at all costs game mode. But that's true for all competitive games. People find the meta and exploit it to win, not to have fun.

I played mystery ball and that was genuinely fun because I didn't care if I won or lost.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Pretty sure there’s a mode this year where you can play without consequences. Might try that.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Didn't even bother with WL this weekend. Didn't last 2 weeks and the game is pretty much dead to me cause of u responsiveness and lag. Sucks as it had potential.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Didn't even bother with WL this weekend. Didn't last 2 weeks and the game is pretty much dead to me cause of u responsiveness and lag. Sucks as it had potential.
Yea the lag is a killer, IV had games where the button lag kicks in and out, press pass the player Congress to a complete stop and nothing.

No Love

How are we getting on, men? I’m 8-2 after that horror show opening last night, in which my players were submerged in treacle and could not move.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How are we getting on, men? I’m 8-2 after that horror show opening last night, in which my players were submerged in treacle and could not move.
I think I’m 42 - 12 - 31. Winning more than I lose but never really confident when I play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone wanna play FUT friendlies? I can play for the next couple hours.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been trying for ages to find literally anyone to play friendlies with on FUT and it’s not found a single opponent. Of all the millions playing, really? So I play Rivals and it’s a dickhead shock horror. Fun.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Finished Gold 1 with this team

The gameplay felt fine until the last 5 or so games. That's when the lag and button delay kicked in and made it almost unplayable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly is there a button I’m missing? There are some people I play against and when they get close to me they’re basically auto tackling the ball from me. It gets to the point I know I have to pass because I’ve tried protecting it every way I can but they’ll always just knock me off the ball with ease.

This is usually happening with their full-backs against my wingers. They get anywhere near me and that ball is theirs. I can’t protect it, I can’t suddenly dash past them... it’s like everyone has a Van Dijk fullback. Yet when they’re up against me it feels like my options are either O to lunge like an absolute bellend or my player just kinda stands there trying to block the path and I hope he takes the ball.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also I just earned 0 coins from a match for some reason. And sold a player but no change to my coins?

And then I finally find someone to play friendlies with and as the match kicks off I lose my connection to the EA servers :houllier:

This game man...

No Love

Also I just earned 0 coins from a match for some reason. And sold a player but no change to my coins?

And then I finally find someone to play friendlies with and as the match kicks off I lose my connection to the EA servers :houllier:

This game man...

Sounds like you’re having a shocking time, man. Hope it improves for you.

Maybe EA will release a little somethin’ somethin’ to raise morale at 6PM.

I wouldn’t count on it, mind you. :lol:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Honestly is there a button I’m missing? There are some people I play against and when they get close to me they’re basically auto tackling the ball from me. It gets to the point I know I have to pass because I’ve tried protecting it every way I can but they’ll always just knock me off the ball with ease.

This is usually happening with their full-backs against my wingers. They get anywhere near me and that ball is theirs. I can’t protect it, I can’t suddenly dash past them... it’s like everyone has a Van Dijk fullback. Yet when they’re up against me it feels like my options are either O to lunge like an absolute bellend or my player just kinda stands there trying to block the path and I hope he takes the ball.
Mate i found pressing X instead of O works better for tackling, it sort of makes them try and nick it off the attacker sometimes, although when desperate like a one and one ill go for the O still.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Jockey (L2)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Every person now plays the same, either scoring counters or they run down the wing, cut back and pass it along the edge of the box, then pass it into the box/shoot and the ball falls to them as you can’t switch players quick enough. So boring.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
14-6 now weekend league, tempted to call it a day there, can't bring myself to play the last 10 and I'm low on time rest of weekend.

No Love

14-6 now weekend league, tempted to call it a day there, can't bring myself to play the last 10 and I'm low on time rest of weekend.
Definitely mate. 14 wins is still enough to get you a couple of player picks and some packs during the week. Knock it on the head and be pleased with the wins you gathered. I’m currently 11-4 and think I’ll do the same as you - play to 14 wins and call it a day.

Could always make a dent in the Icon Swaps cards. I have four at the moment, but working towards them isn’t quite as bad as the horrific grind of WL.