Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Hughes35

Had an absolute shocker on Friday. Think I was something like 3 wins out of 8 or 9. I've never hated a game so much in my life. Much better on Saturday and got up to 11 win with 6 left to play. Didn't bother with the last games.

My CB's have been an issue all year so I've just gone and done Pique SBC + bought Otamendi scream card which should help me for next weekend. Planning to get the Rio Icon (Or Nesta if it goes badly), sell Otamendi and invest the money into Auba.

AaronRedDevil

What kind of team you using? I used to consider myself good until i started getting dicked in rivals last year, then i learnt pretty quickly i was very average but i have done a pretty good job pretending its because of my poor connection to the ea servers. Like this year I can’t get out of division 6. I get matched with some unreal players in divisions above me (one was a div 1 player playing on a friends account but even he was in the division above mine, which I don’t believe is fair if im supposed to be playing teams in my division).

In regards to WL my two mates are two divisions above me but we finish on the same WL record. Two incredible centre backs is a must, so i went for the Pique SBC and bought Ramos and then a striker who will put away chances. I use pacey wingers to get down the flanks and create counter attacks and two solid midfielders (OTW De Jong and Vidal) in a deep 442 both as CDMs. Everything else is default on it.
Since I last played in a WL 2 weeks ago I've really beefed up my squads. I got Zaha for the objective thing and bought Rashford and Martial for my 41212. Got Sakratis and Sanchez for CB. for my serie A I got the scream Dzeko, Koulibaly and Menolas. Haven't really played in the WL yet with these new squads I made. Should be better then ever but I doubt it.

I kinda feel like there's nothing I can do to stop the goals going in. Nearly about 99% of the time they are all deflections. I'm extremely unlucky it's ridiculous :lol:. Might give WL a go next time and see what happens.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
The guy I share account with got to 10-6 I think on Friday. I finished the games and got to Gold1 for the third week in a row. 1 Elite from 4 weeks isn't what I wanted but ill get it this week hopefully, just need some more free time so I don't have to rush.

Has anyone tried scream Kroos btw? Tempted to get him in for the weekend to play CM with De Jong in a 442

No Love

Some of the latest posts in here are conducive to good discussion, actually.

What do you consider to be a ‘good’ player in this game? I’m a Division 3 player in Rivals and I always finish on 14 wins in WL, sometimes with as many as 12 matches left. I would say I’m average at best, although I have a few work colleagues who are similarly positioned and think they should be classified as a ‘good’ player.

Interestingly, Nepenthez is on record this week as saying if someone can get Gold 1, that makes them an exceptional player. Does he have a point? Particularly when one considers the inconsistencies in the gameplay this year..

Interesting variety in the respective thought processes. Would be nice to hear what some of you think.

Wal2Fra

What do you consider to be a ‘good’ player in this game? I’m a Division 3 player in Rivals and I always finish on 14 wins in WL, sometimes with as many as 12 matches left. I would say I’m average at best, although I have a few work colleagues who are similarly positioned and think they should be classified as a ‘good’ player.

Interestingly, Nepenthez is on record this week as saying if someone can get Gold 1, that makes them an exceptional player. Does he have a point? Particularly when one considers the inconsistencies in the gameplay this year..

Interesting variety in the respective thought processes. Would be nice to hear what some of you think.
Good point to bring up @No Love

I'm a div 5 player and always get 17 wins in WL.

This year it is tough to say because Rivals seems so much more difficult than WL, but I would say I am slightly above average based on my WL records of 17 from 30.

I don't agree with Nepenthez about the exceptional bit, maybe he is trying to make himself feel better about his standard ranking?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I'd say anyone above .500 win rate qualifies as a good player. Making gold 3 is good, going, even getting silver 1 is probably above average. Division 3 and getting 14 wins from 20 games on average qualfies you as a very good player without a doubt.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I've started playing Fut as the game is now on EA premier on pc

Only played 10 games or so this far. But I have had a little bit of luck with 15 pounds worth of packs, best pull being modric.

What do you guys think of this team. I have managed to buy them all but haven't had a game with them yet.

I always like hybrid teams but this seems a little too bundesliga orientated

https://pasteboard.co/IF9Fb06.jpg

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've started playing Fut as the game is now on EA premier on pc

Only played 10 games or so this far. But I have had a little bit of luck with 15 pounds worth of packs, best pull being modric.

What do you guys think of this team. I have managed to buy them all but haven't had a game with them yet.

I always like hybrid teams but this seems a little too bundesliga orientated

https://pasteboard.co/IF9Fb06.jpg

Decent squad, you have pace where it matters but those blue cards are pointless, just buy normal gold versions they're generally cheaper.

dannyrhinos89

the blues get upgraded when they advance through the CL don’t they?

Not those particular ones, I think it is a different type of champions league card that gets upgraded that’s not yet released, I might be wrong though.

No Love

Are we all in agreement that Rivals is the least fun game mode of all time? Every single match is just a slog. Win, lose or draw I never have fun with it.

Might be worthwhile just going to draft permanently, as Rivals is nauseating.

UnitedBoy

If you play a formation with 2 CDM (352) would you rather they be defensive minded or with better passing and mobility?

I'm wondering to go with one of these.

Arthur - thiago
Casemiro - javi martinez.

Shark

@NotShark
Are we all in agreement that Rivals is the least fun game mode of all time? Every single match is just a slog. Win, lose or draw I never have fun with it.

Yep, absolutely soul destroying. It doesn’t help that 80% of your games are also lag ridden and you can’t play the game how it was intended to be played because of delay. No other major gaming company would get away with it.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

FIFA 20 Rivals servers and gameplay is honestly the worst sack of shit i have ever been served up by EA. Its god awful and a damn right scam they can serve up this slimy, sluggy trash that this bug ridden, laggy bullshit has become. Wherre you can’t kick or even run with a ball in any cohesive or fluid motion. It resembles nothing better than a game of over 70s walking football in a fecking cattle trodden marsh in the middle of November. Its fecking horrendous!

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

They seem to have removed any of the fluid football that was there at the start and made it more like fifa 19 again. It's nice to see people realizing this more and more. New fifa, plays good at the start, patch comes in, reverts to old fifa, becomes unplayable. Gets new fifa, repeat.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
The defending if atrocious in this game. Defenders may as well not exist.

Bojan11

Game was fine at start.

Servers are shit. Dribbling is terrible. AI defending seems to be back. Shooting takes ages that it leads to blocks galore.

Atleast last year you had stuff you could do to counter the bullshit.

The games terrible and I’m not gonna start on the servers. But nothings going to change. EA clearly aren’t interested in gameplay. They just only concerned about how many packs they sell and it’s quite sad there’s no real competition in the football games market. PES in its heyday made Fifa change back in 2008, but I doubt that will ever happen again.

Wal2Fra

Completed Ligue 1 SBC. Just over 100k and took the LB.

Got off to a slow start with first 5 packs only pulling TOTW Mitrovic & Blind but ended up with Mane, Cavani, Ederson & Dembele along with TOTW Perez.

Also packed a few SBC players for Bundesliga and Ligue 1 to sell on.

I would say it was worth it!

UnitedBoy

I have 65k and need a CAM and a ST to team with Gabriel Jesus in a 3 5 2.

What do people suggest??

I'm thinking maybe Lucas and Kane? But how is Lucas as a CAM

Or even a Completely fresh front 3 with strong links?

Any other suggestions?

acnumber9

I have 65k and need a CAM and a ST to team with Gabriel Jesus in a 3 5 2.

What do people suggest??

I'm thinking maybe Lucas and Kane? But how is Lucas as a CAM

Or even a Completely fresh front 3 with strong links?

Any other suggestions?
Lucas is the best CAM you’d afford at that price. Has a great shot and dribble on him.

No Love

Completed Ligue 1 SBC. Just over 100k and took the LB.

Got off to a slow start with first 5 packs only pulling TOTW Mitrovic & Blind but ended up with Mane, Cavani, Ederson & Dembele along with TOTW Perez.

Also packed a few SBC players for Bundesliga and Ligue 1 to sell on.

I would say it was worth it!

Some good pulls there, with Mané the obvious highlight. Let us know how the LB plays!

Shark

@NotShark
They seem to have removed any of the fluid football that was there at the start and made it more like fifa 19 again. It's nice to see people realizing this more and more. New fifa, plays good at the start, patch comes in, reverts to old fifa, becomes unplayable. Gets new fifa, repeat.
It becomes unplayable because the servers are awful and can’t withstand the pressure. When you play Fifa online at around 2am in the morning, it’s decent again. Has nothing to do with updates.

AaronRedDevil

It becomes unplayable because the servers are awful and can’t withstand the pressure. When you play Fifa online at around 2am in the morning, it’s decent again. Has nothing to do with updates.
I never have lag If that's what you mean. Haven't had lag in years on FIFA. Honestly.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

It's not always lag, but noticeable reaction delay at peak times. Trust me, you have it. Everyone does.
Oh yeah definetly that. Always nearly takes me like 20 mins to shoot or wait for him to be offside at the perfect moment.

No Love

Just made around 150k from selling many, many Hradecky cards. Snapped them up over the past few days for 950/1000 and sold them there for 3.1-3.3k a pop. Nice and easy does it.

dannyrhinos89

Noob question but Do packs you earn from sbcs or rivals remain forever until you decide open them or do they expire?

I think I might start storing them up now as there’s no promos on for awhile.

LARulz

Noob question but Do packs you earn from sbcs or rivals remain forever until you decide open them or do they expire?

I think I might start storing them up now as there’s no promos on for awhile.
Remain till you open. On the console you can only see the latest/shittest 30 or so but they will be stored. Can see them all on the apps

dannyrhinos89

Remain till you open. On the console you can only see the latest/shittest 30 or so but they will be stored. Can see them all on the apps

Ah ok cool. I’m going to store them all then until the next major promo.

Wal2Fra

Did the 81+ champs league SBC and packed Sane. So that is Mane & Sane within 2 days. Sane obviously is untradable, anyone used both players and is there much of a difference?

If there isn't, i'm thinking to sell Mane and bring in Aguero and Sterling for my Prem team.

RonaldoVII

What did everyone get in their red picks? I went for Smalling and Ziyech. Wasn't much chance of packing anyone usable other than 2 or 3 so couldn't resist Smalling and Ziyech may come in handy down the line.

Wal2Fra

What did everyone get in their red picks? I went for Smalling and Ziyech. Wasn't much chance of packing anyone usable other than 2 or 3 so couldn't resist Smalling and Ziyech may come in handy down the line.
Smalling and Grimaldo for me. Decent for SBC or if a liga nos objective comes up.

Nothing from the packs though. Can't complain after the week I have had with pack luck.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku, Grimaldo and some random 81 I think. Just took the highest rated as all the options were no real benefit so might come in handy for a SBC.

Marksy7

SBC rewards are absolute rubbish I don't know why I do them and hope I'll get something worth while

dannyrhinos89

Seen a future star's promo floating about. Dan James has an 88 card if it's to be believed.
I forgot about that promo, I’m mainly running a serie A side though so would love some good cards from that league

It will be good if James gets one though, I’ll use him in my fitness team. A united front 3 of,

FS James - rashford - scream Chong would be decent to use. I’ve already accumulated 18 packs with today’s rivals rewards.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I forgot about that promo, I’m mainly running a serie A side though so would love some good cards from that league

It will be good if James gets one though, I’ll use him in my fitness team. A united front 3 of,

FS James - rashford - scream Chong would be decent to use. I’ve already accumulated 18 packs with today’s rivals rewards.
And marquees imminently.