Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Macern

Pee pee pants
I need help guys. Last Fifa i played was Fifa 16. I have played the demo of Fifa 20 and there are noticeable differences.

How do you go past players now? I used to kick the ball ahead and pace would go past people. Now the computer always blocks you or is as fast as you.
What has happened to the corners? You have this target in the box and you kick it towards that. Is there a way to turn that off and go back to the previous way.
Pass and do skill moves. Send players on runs forward by tapping L1/LB when aiming the left stick towards them, also you can play one-twos by holding L1/LB when you’re passing.

You cannot change the corners.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I just signed a contract with the norwegian team Stabæk to play fifa for them :D looking so much forward to playing in the norwegian fifa-league and representing them in FUT

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I just signed a contract with the norwegian team Stabæk to play fifa for them :D looking so much forward to playing in the norwegian fifa-league and representing them in FUT
It still blows my mind that this is a thing. Congrats though dude, that's pretty sweet.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I need help guys. Last Fifa i played was Fifa 16. I have played the demo of Fifa 20 and there are noticeable differences.

How do you go past players now? I used to kick the ball ahead and pace would go past people. Now the computer always blocks you or is as fast as you.
What has happened to the corners? You have this target in the box and you kick it towards that. Is there a way to turn that off and go back to the previous way.
Dribbling is shite now. You can't go past players with quick changes of direction like you would in reality. Got to spam skill moves which is just stupid and unrealistic. Used to enjoy dribbling opponents but they killed it in the last couple of games by making every defender fast enough to recover instantly.

red4ever 79

Dribbling is shite now. You can't go past players with quick changes of direction like you would in reality. Got to spam skill moves which is just stupid and unrealistic. Used to enjoy dribbling opponents but they killed it in the last couple of games by making every defender fast enough to recover instantly.
Thanks Pocco. That's garbage. Really put off by that. Even with super fast wingers they cant go past the full backs

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah, players complaining about their FIFA ratings because they don't understand how game mechanics work.

Want a good card? Turn into Messi instead of being bang fecking average for 60% of the games you play.

Everyone whinging cos they're not 100 rated in game ffs. Forget about the game and actually concentrate on your actual game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Congrats buddy, sure you'll do amazing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Congrats! How exactly does this work? Do you have to do weekend league every weekend or something? Or do they have a set fixture list that you have to go through?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Congrats! How exactly does this work? Do you have to do weekend league every weekend or something? Or do they have a set fixture list that you have to go through?
Thanks! :)

The only thing I have to play is the norwegian fifa-league in october and possibly future leagues. It’s broadcasted on norwegian telly (don’t think many people watch it though obviously, not on one of the main channels). It’s a league that consists of pretty much all of the norwegian teams you can find on fifa, and it’s organized like CL with a group stage and then knock-out rounds.

I also have to participate in some of the events the club organizes like on matchdays for instance. I don’t really know much about that part, but they’re working hard to develop fifa as a esport so they’re creating quite a bit of content for social media and Stabæk supporters. I’ll probably feature in some of the videos that is posted on there in addition to playing fifa with some of the Stabæk players and fans.

We’re currently three fifa players playing for the club and we’re also getting funds for travelling to participate in fifa tournaments we’d like to join. For instance there will be a large tournament in Copenhagen during the spring that we’ll go to.

Other than that I’m on my own and free to do whatever I want in FUT, but obviously I’ll play with the club kits/logos and I have to have ‘STB_’ added to my username.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Thanks! :)

The only thing I have to play is the norwegian fifa-league in october and possibly future leagues. It’s broadcasted on norwegian telly (don’t think many people watch it though obviously, not on one of the main channels). It’s a league that consists of pretty much all of the norwegian teams you can find on fifa, and it’s organized like CL with a group stage and then knock-out rounds.

I also have to participate in some of the events the club organizes like on matchdays for instance. I don’t really know much about that part, but they’re working hard to develop fifa as a esport so they’re creating quite a bit of content for social media and Stabæk supporters. I’ll probably feature in some of the videos that is posted on there in addition to playing fifa with some of the Stabæk players and fans.

We’re currently three fifa players playing for the club and we’re also getting funds for travelling to participate in fifa tournaments we’d like to join. For instance there will be a large tournament in Copenhagen during the spring that we’ll go to.

Other than that I’m on my own and free to do whatever I want in FUT, but obviously I’ll play with the club kits/logos and I have to have ‘STB_’ added to my username.
fecking pro fifa cnut joining our leagues you hustling feckface @Damien ban him before i go crazy thanks

red4ever 79

Thanks Macern
Pass and do skill moves. Send players on runs forward by tapping L1/LB when aiming the left stick towards them, also you can play one-twos by holding L1/LB when you’re passing.

You cannot change the corners.
Hi Macern

Apologies in advance for the stupid question but what is the LB button? L1 I am familar with. Havent played Fifa since the 16 version so I am a bit out of touch.

AaronRedDevil

Wish Ireland had something like this. I consider myself the best fifa player on my island. Good luck man.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Ireland have some excellent Fifa players. If I was younger and had more time, I would pursue it in some fashion but couldn't be bothered. Played competitive Fifa back on Fifa 11 etc but nothing like the scale it is at now

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Right lads, EA access trial this week? Everyone trying to the glitch so its unlimited Im guessing? Never done it before but will try this time

Macern

Pee pee pants
Right lads, EA access trial this week? Everyone trying to the glitch so its unlimited Im guessing? Never done it before but will try this time
Couldn’t be more ready. Can’t even focus properly at uni because I’m so excited:nervous:

Ireland have some excellent Fifa players. If I was younger and had more time, I would pursue it in some fashion but couldn't be bothered. Played competitive Fifa back on Fifa 11 etc but nothing like the scale it is at now
Are you going all in on FUT this year with trading etc?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Don't know how people think this is exactly the same as 19.

It's such a breath of fresh air when you switch between the 2

red4ever 79

Enjoying. First one I have played since 16. As already discussed though the dribbling has gone to pot. You cant dribble past players anymore. Enjoy choosing Chelsea in the demo. Kante is a beast

P-Nut

Enjoying. First one I have played since 16. As already discussed though the dribbling has gone to pot. You cant dribble past players anymore. Enjoy choosing Chelsea in the demo. Kante is a beast
Yeah dribbling definitely needs improving, I think it's the pace though, when playing online I think it might be a bit better.

P-Nut

Another thing I've just noticed is that the starting formations have instructions this year. So Willian is on free roam on Chelsea's and Mbappe is on drift wide on PSGs

AaronRedDevil

Well....I tackled a guy and the ball bounced straight back to him. So there's that.

red4ever 79

Another thing I've just noticed is that the starting formations have instructions this year. So Willian is on free roam on Chelsea's and Mbappe is on drift wide on PSGs
I found when I adjusted the formation before the match, it reverted to the default set up and I had to change it again during the match. Maybe a glitch

P-Nut

I found when I adjusted the formation before the match, it reverted to the default set up and I had to change it again during the match. Maybe a glitch
Yeah it will do if you change to a different formation you have to set the instructions yourself.

Well....I tackled a guy and the ball bounced straight back to him. So there's that.
Nowhere near as often though

Macern

Pee pee pants
Nowhere near as often though
Agreed, tackling is way better. Defending in general is so much better because you’re rewarded for defending well. Players feel way better on the ball too, most don’t feel super clunky. Small details like how players receive the ball, headers and difficult passes not always going where you aim etc makes the game a lot better. Shooting is also very very balanced. Finesse shots, low drivens and normal shots all do well in certain situations and none feel overpowered or broken. Goalkeepers don’t act weird anymore and the refs seem to have improved a lot too. Player switching is also sorted out. Pace is balanced as well, you’re actually able to accelerate away from defenders with certain players. Chain skill moves are a thing of the past now, and they’ve added even more skill moves to add further variation.

I can’t help but feel like this may be the best FIFA in a very long time, maybe ever. I really love the demo and I hope they don’t mess it up with updates.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I only played 2 or 3 games of the demo but did anyone else notice if the CPU fouls you a decent amount now? Happened to me twice in one game.

I genuinely think the CPU fouled me about 5 times in the entirety of my playing FIFA 19.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Do you play online mainly or do you do career mode at all? Offline it feels very similar even when going back. Yeah there are animations that are different and certain subtle changes, but nothing much really. I dont really care all that much tbh, but this one feels a lot more like the previous fifa than demos normally do (offline vs offline). Offline vs online vs Ultimate team is basically 3 different games every year though. Ultimate team is stupidly fast and arcadey, normal online is a bit slower and a decent level, whereas offline is a good patient speed but is just painfully boring to play against the AI all the time so it doesnt last.

P-Nut

Do you play online mainly or do you do career mode at all? Offline it feels very similar even when going back. Yeah there are animations that are different and certain subtle changes, but nothing much really. I dont really care all that much tbh, but this one feels a lot more like the previous fifa than demos normally do (offline vs offline). Offline vs online vs Ultimate team is basically 3 different games every year though. Ultimate team is stupidly fast and arcadey, normal online is a bit slower and a decent level, whereas offline is a good patient speed but is just painfully boring to play against the AI all the time so it doesnt last.
I play almost exclusively online, if I'm playing offline with a mate we put the speed up to fast to match online play.

I'm intrigued to see how this version feels when it transitions to online. Like Macern says I've noticed a lot of small details, but I've played almost 2000 games of 19 just in FUT, so I was always going to notice the small details a lot easier.

To add to the things @Macern mentioned there is...

An ability to challenge for the ball when people do the flicks in air.
More ability to pick passes that would never work in 19.
One on one finishing has been completely revamped.
Corners and free kick headers have been massively nerfed.
Strength has been toned down in protecting the ball. (This one is possibly too much) I tried protecting the ball with Van Dijk earlier against Pulisic and he Rand straight through me

red4ever 79

I only played 2 or 3 games of the demo but did anyone else notice if the CPU fouls you a decent amount now? Happened to me twice in one game.

I genuinely think the CPU fouled me about 5 times in the entirety of my playing FIFA 19.
Yep opposition has had a few red cards already whilst playing against me. Still cant get anything done with this dribbling. Game would be awesome if you could dribble past people like the old versions