Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Isn't the free-kick mechanic basically what they had in 2003? You could pick your spot, where you'd hit the ball and then time it right by pressing shoot when the marker was in the green zone of the meter.
Yep certainly is, I loved the old FIFA's though so returning to their roots isn't a bad thing for me.

Just saw a trailer which clearly shows that crab walking is back. EA are absolute clowns :lol:
This does bother me though, it'll be the new/old la croquetas next year. It's basically been impossible to get the ball back in the past, as players would slow right down moving around, the second you go to tackle the accelerate and blow past you.

Shark

@NotShark
Ya. I have enjoyed FIFA 19 way more than any previous version. As I said its not perfect, not even close. But in my book it was a step forward
Fair enough. For me it’s one of the worst games I’ve ever played, not just as a football game. When the gameplay is bad, it’s absolutely unplayable, which is the majority of the time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When you hold L2/R2 and move side to side and backwards with the ball glued to your feet, defying the laws of physics. It’s been prominent in previous Fifa’s

0:27
Wow. They've really gone to town pretending nothing new is new there.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
At this point nobody should be surprised that the company who tried to redefine the term loots boxes as surprise mechanics would just give new names to existing stuff and pretend it's new.

Total fecking joke if this is a reflection on the game mode upgrades as well. Oh well, at least the FUT crowd will be happy for the billionth year in a row.

izec

Fair enough. For me it’s one of the worst games I’ve ever played, not just as a football game. When the gameplay is bad, it’s absolutely unplayable, which is the majority of the time.
I agree. Yesterday was a complete joke gameplay wise, didnt bother after two games. Wont play WL this week anyway, my team is more or less done, even if we think there is always something to improve and to chop and change

IrishRick

In fairness to you. You're right on that. To a degree, its not the majority of the time but that minority when it decides that you are not winning a game is awful. When its like that it is easily the worst FIFA of the lot. When its not its excellent. Hopefully they'll sort that out. I think I'll be hoping for a while. Baby steps

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
EA aren't just lazy with gameplay but also another thing I used to love were some of the old intros and trailers were they actually used real players.

izec

Dont find it that bad. Most play Ultimate Team, so not having their official name, stadium and kit means feck all for 99% of the players. As long as Ronaldo is there with his face and motions, most wont care.

izec

oof, Zidane is in it :drool:

Like the new icons so far. Drogba, Wright, Pirlo, Koeman and Zidane. I wish they would add Redondo in there and Riquelme.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck Ultimate team. Show me what shite you've added to career mode.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I only ever bought FIFA to play online against other players. When I booted up Fifa19 to play online seasons, I found you now had to pay for it. feck that. Turned it right off. The fecking cheek. I assume that is the new reality?

Levo

Band of Brothers
I only ever bought FIFA to play online against other players. When I booted up Fifa19 to play online seasons, I found you now had to pay for it. feck that. Turned it right off. The fecking cheek. I assume that is the new reality?
That’s just you needing a PSN subscription. Standard across all online games now for PlayStation, has been for some time.

Eddy_JukeZ

feck Ultimate team. Show me what shite you've added to career mode.
They won't do anything with career mode. Their changes to clubs were awful.

It's all about maximizing those FUT profits for EA.

Eriku

I’ve been so much happier since cutting out the FIFA. Now they go and release Zidane ;(

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Yet more "improvements" to Career Mode that don't change a thing about the experience of playing it.

Reserves squads sure seem like a good idea but after one month of playing this game it'll just become an inconvenience that nobody wants to use. The same goes for the "interactive press conferences", which people will just skip through after a while, and the "unique manager appearances" which won't actually have anything to do with the game play. When was the last time you managed an international team in Career Mode? Exactly.

What will improve Career Mode is intelligent, diverse AI. I gave up FIFA 19 after two months because every game was exactly the same. I didn't buy FIFA 18 for that reason. I gave up on FIFA 17 because every game felt the same. FIFA 16 was the last game in the franchise where Career Mode felt like you had to try new things to win each game. Coincidentally, that was the last game in the franchise not to be run by the Frostbite engine.

Until they make serious, serious changes to the AI, Career Mode will continue to be shite. But because Ultimate Team makes the most money, they'll just keep churning out boring Career Mode options that force people to give in and start buying player packs. EA only want your wallet - a one-time £50 purchase isn't enough for them anymore, apparently. Until they can find a way to work micro-transactions into Career Mode they won't touch it.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Actually, let's run through the "changes":

"MANAGE MORALE: Rotating your starting 11. Shortlisting transfer targets. Managing wage expectations. Every choice you make affects your squad’s morale, form, and even their OVR ratings."
This is literally already a feature, it has been as far back as the dawn of FIFA. If you stop playing a member of your team, they contact you and ask to play more.

FACE THE MEDIA: Inspire your team with the answers you give in new interactive press conferences before and after key moments in your season.
Again, this is literally already a feature. You can attend press conferences and offer a comment on the next game. Nobody does, though, because it's a pointless feature.

PLAYER CONVERSATIONS: Keep your team spirit and manager rating high by discussing your players’ concerns and solving their problems in one-to-one chats.
Again, this is something you can already do. They contact you about wages, their position in the team, their role in the squad.

LEAGUE-SPECIFIC THEMES: Enjoy immersive experiences in some of the most-played leagues within Career Mode with dynamic UI reflecting the authentic branding of the Premier League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, LaLiga Santander, MLS, and UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
Again, literally already a thing in several previous versions of FIFA.

TURN PERFORMANCES INTO POTENTIAL: Take control of your players’ potential OVR with Dynamic Player Potential. The better they play on the pitch, the higher their potential will grow.
You mean you can improve a player's overall rating by playing them a lot? Who knew?!

LIVE NEWS SCREENSHOTS: See your best moments represented in the Career Mode News Feed with new Live News Screenshots that highlight the memorable moments from matches you play.
Something you can already do, just put in a different place.

The lot of this is complete bollocks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Manager customization, literally who gives a feck.
More authenticity is not a feature.
SCREENSHOTS FROM YOUR GAMES IN THE NEWS FEED. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
Dynamic player potential is good but they'll feck it up somehow.

What about the awful youth system? Only being able to select 5 star scouts if you get lucky and they randomly pop up each week. Seriously wtf.

General Improvements
  • Added an option in the player actions pop-up to add a player to the shortlist and immediately go to the transfer hub with the respective player.
  • Redesigned Team Management layout to allow for easier player attribute comparison.
  • Added an option to disable international management job offers at the start of a new career.
  • Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth.
  • Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players.
  • Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation.
  • Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity.
  • Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season.
  • League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings. Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs.
  • Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn't using their prime starting XI in important matches.
  • Re-adjusted the number of saves to eight, inside Career Mode, to address the feedback received from our players during the '19 cycle.

This just reads like patch notes. Not a whole new game. What a joke.

Shark

@NotShark
  • Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn't using their prime starting XI in important matches.

This is a key one. Reason why United, Liverpool, City end up closer to relegation than the top of the league standings.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is a key one. Reason why United, Liverpool, City end up closer to relegation than the top of the league standings.
Laughable that it's taken til now

P-Nut

Don't think I've seen De He's start a game for United on career mode in years :lol:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Ah the good old Fifa cycle.

- Starts with a shite trailer which has numerous glitches evident
- Introduce "new features" which are just slightly redesigned features that already exist. Or they just copy something directly from five Fifa's previous and hope no one notices
- Demo comes out and people begin enjoying it. "Passing and shooting feels different!"
- Full game comes out and within a week, people have worked out the cheapest exploits to attack, defend, etc and win online, and then the excitement from the new game fizzles out

P-Nut

Ah the good old Fifa cycle.

- Starts with a shite trailer which has numerous glitches evident
- Introduce "new features" which are just slightly redesigned features that already exist. Or they just copy something directly from five Fifa's previous and hope no one notices
- Demo comes out and people begin enjoying it. "Passing and shooting feels different!"
- Full game comes out and within a week, people have worked out the cheapest exploits to attack, defend, etc and win online, and then the excitement from the new game fizzles out
I'd amend the last point.

Full game comes out and kids start to moan that it's not as good/fast/easy as the last one

Patch comes out and reverts slightly back to previous version

By the 3rd patch we're back at the full previous version and only 4 weeks into the new FIFA.

RedDevilRoshi

Got an email that I have been selected to participate in the FIFA 20 Closed Beta.

Try out Kick off mode and the new Volta Football mode.