Gaming FIFA 22

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Just got home to the game, arrived a day early :D

Ordered from thegamecollection.net - had never heard of them before but they had good reviews on trustpilot and I can see why!

JP77

Ordered from thegamecollection.net - had never heard of them before but they had good reviews on trustpilot and I can see why!
Theyre brilliant for new releases, will almost always get it a day before release date.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I dont play online much, mostly just manager career mode. Fired up this latet version and have played only 3 games in manager career mode so far. Have to say Im pleasantly surprised, it feels like it plays much better than 21 in this mode anyway. Early days but this is a win so far for me.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So is this any good? Is the gameplay still a load of rubbish or does it play a good game of football now?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So is this any good? Is the gameplay still a load of rubbish or does it play a good game of football now?
The gameplay is much better this year but there are still flaws. The passing is a bit of a shambles especially if you just a casual player. Saying that, that is only for Ultimate Team. I don't know about the offline gameplay or seasons gameplay.

AaronRedDevil

Well the passing feels better, the movement is good. But everything else is the same. Tackling is still pointless but it is miles better then 21.

Berbasbullet

Well the passing feels better, the movement is good. But everything else is the same. Tackling is still pointless but it is miles better then 21.
The gameplay is much better this year but there are still flaws. The passing is a bit of a shambles especially if you just a casual player. Saying that, that is only for Ultimate Team. I don't know about the offline gameplay or seasons gameplay.
Interesting, is it still very much kids doing loads and loads of skills and just taking the mick or is there an actual midfield battle going on?

AaronRedDevil

Interesting, is it still very much kids doing loads and loads of skills and just taking the mick or is there an actual midfield battle going on?
Definitely feels like the midfield is crucial otherwise you'll get killed if you make a mistake which is good. It seems like you'll actually get punished for it. But you won't stop me from doing my skills. It's the only way I know how to get past people :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Gameplay is one of the best ever imo. Just need to iron some kinks with a patch.

Paxi

@Eddy_JukeZ is the pace meta still as strong as ever this year? What are the pros thinking? Any tips?

I’m seriously thinking of selling Auba and getting Kane in.

Berbasbullet

Gameplay is one of the best ever imo. Just need to iron some kinks with a patch.
What about the passing? Reason I’ve always like PES is the passing always feels good and the ball feels like it’s own entity.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
My biggest gripe is that they have taken all the power out of slide tackles and they now feel so limp. One of my lasting memories of playing the Pes demo a couple of years ago was how much power the slide tackles had.

Paxi

What about the passing? Reason I’ve always like PES is the passing always feels good and the ball feels like it’s own entity.
I find the passing has been good by in large. Not incredibly realistic but better than any fifa yet. Remember if you play offline you can tweak all the settings in regards to passing. I think this fifa is bloody brilliant- just my two pennies though.

Berbasbullet

I find the passing has been good by in large. Not incredibly realistic but better than any fifa yet. Remember if you play offline you can tweak all the settings in regards to passing. I think this fifa is bloody brilliant- just my two pennies though.
Interesting! Wish there was a demo to try it’s a big amount of money to invest.

Eddy_JukeZ

@Eddy_JukeZ is the pace meta still as strong as ever this year? What are the pros thinking? Any tips?

I’m seriously thinking of selling Auba and getting Kane in.
Pace will definitely matter in more competitive games, but slower strikers/players do seem slightly more usable than before.

I'd personally never use Kane, Lukaku, etc, but you could probably get away with them this year.

Paxi

Pace will definitely matter in more competitive games, but slower strikers/players do seem slightly more usable than before.

I'd personally never use Kane, Lukaku, etc, but you could probably get away with them this year.
Of course. I completely understand at the level that you’re playing at but say at Division 3? Does pace matter as much?

How you finding it? Except little imperfections, I’m actually loving the gameplay, personally. From someone that owned fifa and pro each year for 20 odd years I find that this is very very more-ish when you’re in-game.

predator

Youth NITK
I've not got a ps5 yet but will be getting one when they become available. Is there a way I can buy fifa 22 so that's its available on both my current ps4 and the ps5 I am hoping to get?

Eddy_JukeZ

Of course. I completely understand at the level that you’re playing at but say at Division 3? Does pace matter as much?

How you finding it? Except little imperfections, I’m actually loving the gameplay, personally. From someone that owned fifa and pro each year for 20 odd years I find that this is very very more-ish when you’re in-game.
It doesn't matter as much, but it would likely still give you an advantage in the long run. Like Haaland will be better than Lukaku. If you know how to utilize certain speed boosts, then more pace will always help.

I don't enjoy the game at the moment. There's a lot of things that really frustrate me, but I still want to constantly play, because of the newness factor.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It doesn't matter as much, but it would likely still give you an advantage in the long run. Like Haaland will be better than Lukaku. If you know how to utilize certain speed boosts, then more pace will always help.

I don't enjoy the game at the moment. There's a lot of things that really frustrate me, but I still want to constantly play, because of the newness factor.
Have you tried Maradona yet? His base is the best player I've used by a mile. Obviously I'm a ways off your level but I've been a top 100 / elite player for a few years now.

Paxi

The way I see it. If I’m getting beat for pace at this level (div 3) I’m just not quick enough myself in terms of controlling my players. Is it true that Pro’s go 30-0 in WL with Bronze players? I remember I played a bronze player in WL and I remember him being good. I hammered him by just sitting back.

I’m really enjoying this game mate but that’s because I have no investment in it. If you’re a pro player then I could well see how a lot would bother you.

Paxi

I've not got a ps5 yet but will be getting one when they become available. Is there a way I can buy fifa 22 so that's its available on both my current ps4 and the ps5 I am hoping to get?
Yeah buy the ultimate edition mate.

predator

Youth NITK
Yeah buy the ultimate edition mate.
Cheers. I've just read that I had to do that. I've just signed up for ea play subscription for 0.79p thinking I can play it early and only realising its out tomorrow anyway ffs.

So I've just paid £80.99 for the ultimate edition.

I'm so late to this party :lol: I've had every fifa since 2003 and feel like an old man now despite being 27.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m old and have been playing FIFA since the Mega Drive original…just looking at the thread from the past few days makes it sound like a sticker collection simulator now, rather than actually playing a game of football.
That fairly well sums up my thoughts. Especially the being old bit. The only things I pack now are endless bags of things to carry places only for my kids to refuse to eat/wear/look at them.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Unsurprisingly, the gameplay in the full version feels a bit faster than the trial version.

A bit disappointing.

Just feels like it's on fast-forward.

RonaldoVII

Mine came from there a day early too. I still had plenty trial left but was a welcome surprise!

Paxi

Cheers. I've just read that I had to do that. I've just signed up for ea play subscription for 0.79p thinking I can play it early and only realising its out tomorrow anyway ffs.

So I've just paid £80.99 for the ultimate edition.

I'm so late to this party :lol: I've had every fifa since 2003 and feel like an old man now despite being 27.
If you’re that deep into the genre then just buy it. Especially if you’re on next gen consoles.

Paxi

I’m old and have been playing FIFA since the Mega Drive original…just looking at the thread from the past few days makes it sound like a sticker collection simulator now, rather than actually playing a game of football.
Which is fecking genius when you think about it.

Eddy_JukeZ

The way I see it. If I’m getting beat for pace at this level (div 3) I’m just not quick enough myself in terms of controlling my players. Is it true that Pro’s go 30-0 in WL with Bronze players? I remember I played a bronze player in WL and I remember him being good. I hammered him by just sitting back.

I’m really enjoying this game mate but that’s because I have no investment in it. If you’re a pro player then I could well see how a lot would bother you.
I don't think a pro has ever gone 30-0 or 40-0 with bronze players. It was a good clickbait video.

But I've gone 30-0 with much cheaper teams on 2nd accounts, and I know other pros have too.

I hope the 1st patch fixes some issues, but I don't have much expectations for this year overall.

Paxi

I don't think a pro has ever gone 30-0 or 40-0 with bronze players. It was a good clickbait video.

But I've gone 30-0 with much cheaper teams on 2nd accounts, and I know other pros have too.

I hope the 1st patch fixes some issues, but I don't have much expectations for this year overall.
Really? I should stop listening to crap then.
Do you not ever think about posting about your progress mate? I think a lot of people would follow you seeing as you are one of our own. I think @Macern does fifa for a living. It would be genuinely interesting and I know for a fact that you would get an audience here. Anyway just a thought.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I have not.

His 3* WF always puts me off.
That had been my position but I feel like weak foot matters much less this year personally. Also would say his ridiculous agility and ability to turn quickly stands out among anyone I've tried - including the likes of Messi and Neymar.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
6-2 up against team of the week in the 92nd minute and the servers kicked me off :lol:

Paxi

I wish 3* weak foot mattered. There is no rhyme or reason as to when your player will finish his chance.

Paxi

Keep everything but keep fifa 21 in the box. Nerf that shit very slowly.

Eddy_JukeZ

Do you not ever think about posting about your progress mate? I think a lot of people would follow you seeing as you are one of our own. I think @Macern does fifa for a living. It would be genuinely interesting and I know for a fact that you would get an audience here. Anyway just a thought.
Yeah I am pretty sure no pro has ever done 30-0 or 40-0 with full bronze players. It's impossible.

I know @Macern got signed last year by a team, so that was great for him.

I've always posted a bit here and there on the FIFA threads here with some progress updates.

I do stream every night on Twitch too.

Eddy_JukeZ

That had been my position but I feel like weak foot matters much less this year personally. Also would say his ridiculous agility and ability to turn quickly stands out among anyone I've tried - including the likes of Messi and Neymar.
Interesting. I'm wary to try him out, because I've not seen any other pro use him.

Trying to nab Cruyff next since I know he's reliable.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting. I'm wary to try him out, because I've not seen any other pro use him.

Trying to nab Cruyff next since I know he's reliable.
Yeah impossible to go wrong with Cruyff. Used his mid for more or less the entirety of last year.

For me though Maradona's shot cancels and changes of direction with R1 are insanely quick and impossible to react to because he's 5'5" - plus he's got his unique stock and 73 strength. My feeling generally is that this game is played in slow motion compared to last year to a large extent - Maradona is the exception.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Nah I don’t do it for a living. I’m working as an accountant, and earning a little from FIFA on the side. @Eddy_JukeZ is a lot ‘bigger’ than me and probably earns a lot more.

I used to post in this thread a lot, but I’m in a Discord server where me and a few others post all the time so would be a bit too time consuming to post here too. I want to get more active here though.

Based Adnan

Be getting my copy tomorrow morning. Gonna play UT for the first time in like 4 years. Does the bronze pack method still work to make coins or no?