g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming FIFA 22

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Nah I don’t do it for a living. I’m working as an accountant, and earning a little from FIFA on the side. @Eddy_JukeZ is a lot ‘bigger’ than me and probably earns a lot more.

I used to post in this thread a lot, but I’m in a Discord server where me and a few others post all the time so would be a bit too time consuming to post here too. I want to get more active here though.
That reminds me you need to add me on PS, been a good few years since we had a game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How is the single player experience this year? Gamepay more realistic? Career mode is engaging?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How is the single player experience this year? Gamepay more realistic? Career mode is engaging?
Career mode is dogshit as per. Mainly due to the AI and dumb glitches.

There are things quite clearly untouched. 19 year old free agents appearing rated in the 80s just like previous games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Career mode is dogshit as per. Mainly due to the AI and dumb glitches.

There are things quite clearly untouched. 19 year old free agents appearing rated in the 80s just like previous games.
Ah, okay. Seems like FIFA is still not for me then.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£70 bloody quid. Anybody else remember the good old days when the English supermarkets would compete on price and you could pick FIFA up for £25?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
£70 bloody quid. Anybody else remember the good old days when the English supermarkets would compete on price and you could pick FIFA up for £25?
I remember when freddos were 5p

Eddy_JukeZ

I was losing my mind with contextual dribbling being built-in until a pro finally told me the way to disable it.

The game is somewhat playable for me now since I'm not at the mercy of the AI dribbling for me.

Wal2Fra

For those that opened their OTW packs, a new one will be given in the coming days based on the EA website.

Was playing around with a few different formations, struggling to find one that worked. Finally seemed to have found one with the 451 (2dm 3cam) Fernandes, Foden & Havertz are linking so well with good passing and pace. Lukaku uptop has been quality too.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
They've now disabled you opening OTW packs until 6pm tonight. Wise decision :lol:

sewey89

How many OTW cards are there? Is there a chance I pull somebody that a danish side (for example) has signed?

Kaos

Is this worth it for someone who's a PES player and hasn't bought a FIFA game in about 6 years?

Kaos

Considering the state of efootball... if you want a football game them yes
Yeah I figured as much. I pretty much go for PES every year since I mostly play offline singleplayer and I don't like FIFA's scripting (don't care for ultimate team, its a glorified gambling simulator IMO). But looking at how bad ePES is I figured I'd give FIFA another go.

JP77

Got to say it was nice on the first day of the trial but now insane how quickly almost everybody has got an absolutely insane team. Haaland, Lukaku etc in almost every team I'm coming up against and even seeing legends like Eusebio ffs. Granted I haven't spent all of my 4600 pre-order points but it would be lovely to face teams similar to mine this early.

Teams not even bad in fairness but it's more cheap good players rather than expensive quality like most seem to have.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I figured as much. I pretty much go for PES every year since I mostly play offline singleplayer and I don't like FIFA's scripting (don't care for ultimate team, its a glorified gambling simulator IMO). But looking at how bad ePES is I figured I'd give FIFA another go.
Thing is, I genuinely enjoy FUT at the start of every year when you have a mediocre team and everyone is starting out. 1-2 months in it becomes dumb though with all the ridiculous cards and everyone getting really high rated teams. The offline gameplay most years isn't too bad either once you adjust the sliders (there's this one forum that always tries to find a good balance of sliders and they do a good job with it). The problem is usually the off the pitch mechanics in modes like career mode are usually so bad and lack depth to them. Not sure what it's like this year as it just came out today for me but @Solius seems to not be a fan, which is a shame.

The most fun for me has always been if you have people you can play it with regularly offline, as it's the user base more than the game itself which causes it to be annoying as feck by always trying to exploit things IMO.

sewey89

That’s good to be fair. Thanks.
It's ridiculous that you were even able to open it without OTW players being out. But yeah, fair play to them for seeing their mistake and rectifying it

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's ridiculous that you were even able to open it without OTW players being out. But yeah, fair play to them for seeing their mistake and rectifying it
Yeah I was half expecting them to just say touch fecking shit and move on.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thing is, I genuinely enjoy FUT at the start of every year when you have a mediocre team and everyone is starting out. 1-2 months in it becomes dumb though with all the ridiculous cards and everyone getting really high rated teams. The offline gameplay most years isn't too bad either once you adjust the sliders (there's this one forum that always tries to find a good balance of sliders and they do a good job with it). The problem is usually the off the pitch mechanics in modes like career mode are usually so bad and lack depth to them. Not sure what it's like this year as it just came out today for me but @Solius seems to not be a fan, which is a shame.

The most fun for me has always been if you have people you can play it with regularly offline, as it's the user base more than the game itself which causes it to be annoying as feck by always trying to exploit things IMO.
I just get angry at the lack of basic fixes for things. If you don’t care for small details and can change the sliders i’m sure it can be enjoyable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The gameplay when it works is actually quite good this year really. There’s still frustrating issues like poor player switching, silly blocks and things like that but I like the focus on passing more and it’s definitely no longer ridiculously easy to move up the field. You can’t get through on goal with two passes every single time which is much much better. I’ve also scored some quite unique goals and some really satisfying ones. They need to fix gk saves at close range and the long distance shooting (too easy) but it’s close!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some very satisfying games against PSG (who I've played in 70% of my games regardless of my team choice)

Note the absolute jammy opening goal for PSG guy, and also then a wonderful move to eventually win it in the last minutes!

And then this one, went down to ten men and still thrashed him :lol: Very happy with the fourth goal.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Up to Div 6 now.

I feel like my team is holding me back though but I refuse to pay stupid prices for cards that'll plummet soon enough.

siw2007

Switched back to FIFA, after trying the Efootball game. Only played one kick off because my PS5 is telling me that it’s going to take 9 hours to download the final 23GB. I’m more than happy with the gameplay for now, though I seem to remember the short passing being harder on semi controller settings last time I played FIFA. The only thing I need to get used to is the crossing/long passing which seems much harder than PES to get the distance.

Paxi

Got Grealish in ones to watch. 3.6 röntgen.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

So satisfying :drool: especially after the cnut tried to foul me.

sewey89

Going to open mine shortly. Hoping for Ronaldo/Varane.

Predicting Berghuis.

Paxi

Got Alaba. Not really happy, but could be worse I guess.
Alaba isn’t bad either. Season is still young. Who knows where they’ll end up. Imagine getting ronaldo though?