Gaming FIFA 22

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Enjoyed my first game, I like the driven long pass where I can pretend I’m scholes! Might need to change through balls to semi as sometimes it goes too direct for my liking.
Through balls are all on semi unless you’re playing offline.

Paxi

This is the annoying thing about the system. You eventually reach a point where you’re too good for the division you’re in but not good enough for the one above. So you have to go through the misery of multiple defeats just to get back to a division you can enjoy.
I know what you mean but then you’d lose motivation just spanking players and for the most part you won’t get better if you don’t play against tough opposition. It can be frustrating though because no one likes losing.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Through balls are all on semi unless you’re playing offline.
I indeed was playing offline :D dunno if I’ll bother playing online for a while yet. Will enjoy career mode I think to try and get united to the top.

Paxi

I indeed was playing offline :D dunno if I’ll bother playing online for a while yet. Will enjoy career mode I think to try and get united to the top.
Sure then switch over to semi then and then you’ll have easier time online when you do.

Berbasbullet

Sure then switch over to semi then and then you’ll have easier time online when you do.
Will do! I’ll let you know how I get on. Finding the defending quite hard so far, how do I get a team mate to make a run?

Paxi

Will do! I’ll let you know how I get on. Finding the defending quite hard so far, how do I get a team mate to make a run?
Press r1 to trigger the run forward or trigger it again for them to come short. At least that’s the way it was in fifa 21. I’m terrible at remembering things. I just mash buttons and it seems to work mostly. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Any good tactics to use online? I feel like everyone has their teams set out and they’re always in perfect positions. I’m still managing to win most of my games but I’d prefer if my midfield didn’t bomb forward as a trio every single attack. I already have my DM set to stay back but he seems to come up sometimes still.

Also stuff like how high the defensive lines and things are. No idea what’s good to use in terms of how the game plays.

Paxi

Any good tactics to use online? I feel like everyone has their teams set out and they’re always in perfect positions. I’m still managing to win most of my games but I’d prefer if my midfield didn’t bomb forward as a trio every single attack. I already have my DM set to stay back but he seems to come up sometimes still.

Also stuff like how high the defensive lines and things are. No idea what’s good to use in terms of how the game plays.
You could have your players set to make forward runs. I have it set on 4 bars and then I have certain players set to ‘get in behind’ ‘get forward’.

I find this guy to be quite informative regarding tactics. 3-5-2 is a class formation but his in-game tactics are a bit too conservative for me but then he does say to adjust them to our liking.

I really need to stop being lazy and take couple of days to just figure out the mechanics behind the tactics and how they work. It would be so satisfying to have your own tactics that no one else uses.

Berbasbullet

Press r1 to trigger the run forward or trigger it again for them to come short. At least that’s the way it was in fifa 21. I’m terrible at remembering things. I just mash buttons and it seems to work mostly. :lol:
Ah okay! So is it the nearest player who runs?

Paxi

Ah okay! So is it the nearest player who runs?
I’m not actually sure. Just play about with it. As soon as you press it see who starts running.
Do it a few times and then you’ll get the hang of it.

Paxi

More tactics @Solius
Give those guys a go when you get some free time and you got your fifa handy to try them out.

RonaldoVII

Just made it into div 6 in rivals. Slow and steady. Lost the 2nd game I had and one in div 8 but won the rest fairly comfortably. Hard to know how I'm getting on given it's early and people aren't settled yet. I'll probably only have chance for one shot at weekend league quali so need to smash it and get the wins.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Had 150k coins so tried a hybrid bundesliga/prem team. Bellingham is fantastic. Kimmich is meh. Haaland is horrible, literally couldn't do anything with him. Sold both and got Lewandowski now... solid loss of 5k real quick with their dumb tax. Disappointing as Haalands card looks great, but its useless in game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Interceptions are a fecking joke. The amount of times I read a pass and it just bonks off my player and straight back to them. Genuinely is happening to me about 10 times a game.

Also sick of the keepers saving everything because it’s not the right shot type from the right area that the game is happy with. I can get in areas where it would just be a sure goal in real life but the keeper saves every time. Meanwhile I can finesse in from outside the box no issues. Getting punished for not spamming the same fecking goal over and over.

binary bot
Just committed pack suicide for my own sanity. Enjoyed the gameplay in the early division buts its increasingly terrible the higher you go - sucks all joy and semblance of realism from the game. A shame because there's lots to like. Takeaways:
  • Animations etc. are great
  • Enjoyed the long range passing.
  • Co-op is an enjoyable alternative to 1v1 rivals
  • Massive variety of different passing, crossing and shooting options. Downside is some are easily abused. Lb + double tap triangle for example.
  • Tactics/instructions are quite comprehensive giving you decent control.
  • There's a weird mechanic that kept pissing me off where your team just keeps dropping deeper, playing everyone onside.
  • Tackling/interceptions going straight back to the opposition are still too common.
  • Rebounds from keeper saves are less common than previous years, but there is 0 logic or consistency to keepers in general.
  • The extra stats at the end of games are a helpful addition.
  • Weekend league qualification seems painful, I didn't even bother.
  • A chemistry change is long overdue - so many leagues with 1 decent winger. The increasing nationality diversity amongst top players and the fall in serie a/la liga makes hybrids less fun.
  • The fun, realistic elements of the gameplay disappear at higher divisions to make way for pace everywhere and one dimensional spam.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just committed pack suicide for my own sanity. Enjoyed the gameplay in the early division buts its increasingly terrible the higher you go - sucks all joy and semblance of realism from the game. A shame because there's lots to like. Takeaways:
  • Animations etc. are great
  • Enjoyed the long range passing.
  • Co-op is an enjoyable alternative to 1v1 rivals
  • Massive variety of different passing, crossing and shooting options. Downside is some are easily abused. Lb + double tap triangle for example.
  • Tactics/instructions are quite comprehensive giving you decent control.
  • There's a weird mechanic that kept pissing me off where your team just keeps dropping deeper, playing everyone onside.
  • Tackling/interceptions going straight back to the opposition are still too common.
  • Rebounds from keeper saves are less common than previous years, but there is 0 logic or consistency to keepers in general.
  • The extra stats at the end of games are a helpful addition.
  • Weekend league qualification seems painful, I didn't even bother.
  • A chemistry change is long overdue - so many leagues with 1 decent winger. The increasing nationality diversity amongst top players and the fall in serie a/la liga makes hybrids less fun.
  • The fun, realistic elements of the gameplay disappear at higher divisions to make way for pace everywhere and one dimensional spam.
Agreed on all points. If anyone wants a friendly game at some point hit me up. PSN is Solius.

Giggs86

Installed the game, started playing, no Ronaldo and Cavani is still 7. What am I missing?

Berbasbullet

I’m not actually sure. Just play about with it. As soon as you press it see who starts running.
Do it a few times and then you’ll get the hang of it.

Thanks mate I’ll have a play.

Wal2Fra

Agreed on all points. If anyone wants a friendly game at some point hit me up. PSN is Solius.
Added you (Suitup44) happy to help out with any friendly challenges or get in some co-op

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I know this might be a stupid question, but can you not fall back from your checkpoints on rivals? I’ve just got promoted to division 7 and can see a checkpoint there. So if I lose every game for the rest of time, do I just stay in division 7 forever? Is there no relegation? Is this what the super league feels like?

Ole90+3

I know this might be a stupid question, but can you not fall back from your checkpoints on rivals? I’ve just got promoted to division 7 and can see a checkpoint there. So if I lose every game for the rest of time, do I just stay in division 7 forever? Is there no relegation? Is this what the super league feels like?
Your division status resets at the beginning of every season (every 40 days I think). AFAIK everyone gets knocked back a couple of divisions. But, essentially, yes, once you get a checkpoint, you’ll not lose that position until the next season.

Ole90+3

Just qualified for weekend league but boy it was rough. This game is the most RNG I’ve ever played. Keepers just make ridiculous saves constantly, defenders make auto blocks out of nowhere.

sewey89

Your division status resets at the beginning of every season (every 40 days I think). AFAIK everyone gets knocked back a couple of divisions. But, essentially, yes, once you get a checkpoint, you’ll not lose that position until the next season.
Thanks

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just qualified for weekend league but boy it was rough. This game is the most RNG I’ve ever played. Keepers just make ridiculous saves constantly, defenders make auto blocks out of nowhere.
Feels like the hit-box for blocks is massive. I finished a game last night where I had 23 shots on target with an xG of nearly 6. Keeper made phenomenal save after save. I hit the bar 4 times. I had 8 shots blocked.

Checked out who their GK was. Nick Pope. Looked at the stats of all my shots and where they went. So many saved top corner or right to the side of the goal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also is there something with tackling I’m missing. Started coming up against a certain level of player where it feels like regardless of me going left or right in a 1v1 against a fullback they manage to cover both options. They’re just perfectly positioned and if I get too close they essentially warp forward and take the ball.

Feels very similar to when you play the CPU and it auto tackles you as soon as you’re in range. I just got no space to operate at all whereas as soon as the person I was playing made a couple of passs my defence was all over the place. I’m trying to keep myself ready to go one way or the other but every now and then I get fooled and their wingers get a run on me. Never seems to happen the other way round.

Even when I counter it feels like they’ve always got just the right amount of players back and they’re in all the right positions. Gaps are closed immediately with no errors.

Ole90+3

Also is there something with tackling I’m missing. Started coming up against a certain level of player where it feels like regardless of me going left or right in a 1v1 against a fullback they manage to cover both options. They’re just perfectly positioned and if I get too close they essentially warp forward and take the ball.

Feels very similar to when you play the CPU and it auto tackles you as soon as you’re in range. I just got no space to operate at all whereas as soon as the person I was playing made a couple of passs my defence was all over the place. I’m trying to keep myself ready to go one way or the other but every now and then I get fooled and their wingers get a run on me. Never seems to happen the other way round.

Even when I counter it feels like they’ve always got just the right amount of players back and they’re in all the right positions. Gaps are closed immediately with no errors.
I haven't really mastered the tacking yet but one thing that is a very noticeable change from last year is that your team gets back into shape much quicker and the overall shape is much deeper, so just make it way more difficult to break down. I was used to playing at quite a high level last year (2300 Div rivals points) but this feels really tough from the get go because the skill gaps seems even slimmer with the increased defensive AI. I'm using a very basic La Liga team at the moment and it seems like everyone I'm going up against already has an elite team for the league they are in (facing a lot of Rashford, Pogba, Kante, Vinicius Jr, Lewandowski).

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I can't ever find a game in FUT Friendlies, it's so bizarre.

I was getting bodied in early access, and on 27th in Rivals. But, now that noobs have gotten their copies, it's much better. Won 6 in a row yesterday, which is quite an achievement given I haven't played FIFA since 2018 :lol:

Market is totally fecked though, I'm glad I didn't invest in cheap golds. IFs/Icons are still ticking over nicely. Added few Navas and Dest IF yesterday and they are already up. Now, I just need this 88 Vieiri to sell, stuck with him for 3 days :mad:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Very niche question but I've really enjoyed the song A Teen by V.I.C on the soundtrack. But does the Spotify version sound different to the one on FIFA for anyone?

Skills

Snitch
Game feels a lot harder. Struggling on Professional which has never been the case on previous FIFAs

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You could have your players set to make forward runs. I have it set on 4 bars and then I have certain players set to ‘get in behind’ ‘get forward’.

I find this guy to be quite informative regarding tactics. 3-5-2 is a class formation but his in-game tactics are a bit too conservative for me but then he does say to adjust them to our liking.

I really need to stop being lazy and take couple of days to just figure out the mechanics behind the tactics and how they work. It would be so satisfying to have your own tactics that no one else uses.
I had a lot of fun with 352 this game, but it got to a point where I felt like I had to abandon it, because it seemed way too easy for opponents to punish me on the counter by sending driven through balls to their wingers.

Kush

Game feels a lot harder. Struggling on Professional which has never been the case on previous FIFAs
Is this squad battles or offline mode (career etc)?

Professional is tough, but wait till you try World Class. AI seems to possess 99 reactions, speed and strength. Plus they all sit very deep, spam ball to wingers to cross and score. Infuriating to play against.

Skills

Snitch
Is this squad battles or offline mode (career etc)?

Professional is tough, but wait till you try World Class. AI seems to possess 99 reactions, speed and strength. Plus they all sit very deep, spam ball to wingers to cross and score. Infuriating to play against.
Career mode. I don't bother with FUT

World class was always infuriating tbh. Professional eventually got too easy, but it's still fun enough

Skills

Snitch
Btw, what's the purpose of the R1 to trigger a run towards you? I can't see how I can use it in a useful way?

Santos J

Btw, what's the purpose of the R1 to trigger a run towards you? I can't see how I can use it in a useful way?
It's not to run towards you, it's 2nd man press so the player will run towards the player who has the ball. You can cover a passing opportunity with your controlled player while using R1 to press the player with the ball, don't rely on it though as it will pull players all over the place and eats up stamina too.

Skills

Snitch
It's not to run towards you, it's 2nd man press so the player will run towards the player who has the ball. You can cover a passing opportunity with your controlled player while using R1 to press the player with the ball, don't rely on it though as it will pull players all over the place and eats up stamina too.
I'm talking about when you have the ball? The R1 while you're in possession triggers one of your players to drop in towards you (the ball carrier)

Santos J

I'm talking about when you have the ball? The R1 while you're in possession triggers one of your players to drop in towards you (the ball carrier)
Ah my bad, it's just to give an extra option, not used much as it's never really been that effective as you say but it's decent near their box as it will drag a defender out of position and you can use creative runs to play into the space.

Kush

Career mode. I don't bother with FUT

World class was always infuriating tbh. Professional eventually got too easy, but it's still fun enough
You'll come to grips with it. Professional is not that hard, in fact, I would wager, you'll start finding it easy after few days time.

sewey89

Just had a bit of time on beginner squad battles trying to blitz the goals and assists. First game I had to sub out a sent off Casemiro, which took my squad to an 84 rating, which meant none of the 46 goals I scored counted. Second game, 42-0 up and the EA servers kicked me off.

I think i'll just let it happen naturally as that really pissed me off.