Gaming FIFA 22

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I had a lot of fun with 352 this game, but it got to a point where I felt like I had to abandon it, because it seemed way too easy for opponents to punish me on the counter by sending driven through balls to their wingers.
Did you have your midfielders on comeback on defence? Also what were their work rates because that matters too.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Did you have your midfielders on comeback on defence? Also what were their work rates because that matters too.
I have my wingers on come back on defence and my DMs on stay back while attacking, but neither are going to help me much immediately, when my opponent counters me quickly with wingers on stay forward and driven passes.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I have my wingers on come back on defence and my DMs on stay back while attacking, but neither are going to help me much immediately, when my opponent counters me quickly with wingers on stay forward and driven passes.
I don’t know, maybe I’m playing at a lower level? I’m division 3 and I never get done out wide with 352. Always through the middle for some reason.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The player changing is also really bad. I can’t get it to work how I want. Amount of times I’ve tried to select the right player and for multiple reasons I end up switching between the two CBs somehow making them split further and further apart. Also still getting lots of situations where my defender runs away from the ball leaving loads of space.

When I want to switch to the CBs as well it constantly makes me be the chasing DMs who are already behind the ball.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don’t know, maybe I’m playing at a lower level? I’m division 3 and I never get done out wide with 352. Always through the middle for some reason.
I'm in div 4 currently, so that's not it. Part of it is that I'm not defending well enough, another part is that I haven't invested a lot into my team. When I played 352 I used Pepe as my wide CB, his low agility might have been an issue with frequent 1on1s against wingers.

Wal2Fra

Did the beginner sb for the assists and goals.
Pack 1 - Lukaku (1 of 12 duplicates)
Pack 2 - De ligt and TOTW Osimhen & Hause (6 duplicates)

Did a gold upgrade with the duplicates and got Oblak

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I packed Thomas Muller, Kimpembe and Marcos Llorente last night. Doing a PL team so I sold them. (I've never ever packed a top PL player)

I think I now have roughly 200k coins. I could get De Bruyne but part of me wants to just keep accumulating coins just to see what else I could get.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just had a bit of time on beginner squad battles trying to blitz the goals and assists. First game I had to sub out a sent off Casemiro, which took my squad to an 84 rating, which meant none of the 46 goals I scored counted. Second game, 42-0 up and the EA servers kicked me off.

I think i'll just let it happen naturally as that really pissed me off.
Didnt let it happen naturally. Smashed through it..

Pack 1 - Acuna, Maguire,12 duplicates
Pack 2 - Havertz, Lemar and a couple of TOTW. 13 duplicates.

Monumental waste of time :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What is your team? I struggled but a couple of players made such a difference. You may be just 1 or 2 players away.
I play 4411

Ter stegen
carvajal
alaba
nacho
alba

hazard
modric
canales
portu

griezemann
inaki williams

I realise it could be improved but The thing is non OP players are top performers, canales is one of my fave midfielders so far and Griezmann is fantastic at CF I think I’m going to move away from la liga soon and go prem or something.

Do you switch tactics in-game? Like for instance, if you see that you’re too narrow, just press the d pad and switch to more wider formation. I used to run just one formation in-game now I switch between 2-3 depending on how well I’m doing.
I used to in previous FIFA’s I had all sorts of tactics set up, now I just feel I need to be ultra attacking to get results but obviously that tires my team quickly. I tend to start on balanced then if I’m drawling or losing I’ll go ultra attack for last 20mins of first half.

dannyrhinos89

damn my Robertson from those packs looks good now. :rolleyes:

hmchan

Games become harder and harder as I reach D3 with this squad. I have 400k coins and I don't buy FIFA points, shall I keep saving the coins or invest in better players?
Mendy; James, Gomez, Romero, Telles; Pepe, Onyeka, Ndombele, Barnes; Werner, Vardy.

Wal2Fra

I play 4411

Ter stegen
carvajal
alaba
nacho
alba

hazard
modric
canales
portu

griezemann
inaki williams

I realise it could be improved but The thing is non OP players are top performers, canales is one of my fave midfielders so far and Griezmann is fantastic at CF I think I’m going to move away from la liga soon and go prem or something.

I used to in previous FIFA’s I had all sorts of tactics set up, now I just feel I need to be ultra attacking to get results but obviously that tires my team quickly. I tend to start on balanced then if I’m drawling or losing I’ll go ultra attack for last 20mins of first half.
La liga doesn’t seem to be a popular choice this year with no real stand-out players. Although Griezemann does seem to be a popular substitute choice for most. Inaki Williams is a good little card (has been for years) as he goes with the meta needed along with Dembele.

Games become harder and harder as I reach D3 with this squad. I have 400k coins and I don't buy FIFA points, shall I keep saving the coins or invest in better players?
Mendy; James, Gomez, Romero, Telles; Pepe, Onyeka, Ndombele, Barnes; Werner, Vardy.
Lukaku really was a game changer for me. Helped me go up a couple of divisions. Throw a hunter on him and he is a machine.

Havertz and Foden are both great choices aswell.

sewey89

damn my Robertson from those packs looks good now. :rolleyes:
Certainly does mate. Used a load of the players I got to complete the Pedro flashback SBC.. mainly because I thought he’d have PL links and be a Chelsea card.. he’s not :lol:

Carolina Red

Staff
Aside from playing formations with 2 CDM, what have you guys found to do to make CM more active in defense? Right now, if I’ve got CM on the pitch, they basically do what they did in ‘21… which is basically nothing once the ball gets past the halfway line.

nooshka

Is this an objective if so what one? I can’t see anything?

Frank White

I’ve had stupid good luck this year, packed Varane from the welcome back packs, Kante from the advanced SBC and just packed Messi from the 500 g&a objective along with Lewandowski, Goretzka and loads low rated meta players like ASM Lacroix etc.

Now I just need to find motivation to play, think I might be FIFA’d out.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The player changing is also really bad. I can’t get it to work how I want. Amount of times I’ve tried to select the right player and for multiple reasons I end up switching between the two CBs somehow making them split further and further apart. Also still getting lots of situations where my defender runs away from the ball leaving loads of space.

When I want to switch to the CBs as well it constantly makes me be the chasing DMs who are already behind the ball.
This is my biggest battle. Its a shame as most of the rest of the gameplay in manager career mode is a nice step up from last years. Generally Im really enjoying the gameplay but the player switching is frustrating.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I want to turn off hand ball penalties but cant find the menu where that is anymore. I did turn it on earlier but now want to turn it off. Its too frequent, finished 1 game with 6 penalties awarded.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It really does boggle my mind how bad player switching is. It’s been a problem the last 3 years, it’s a pretty key part of the game and it’s still terrible for right stick switching and LB. I don’t understand how it was fine for years and then terrible.

Skizzo

I’d probably prefer a quiet thread with the odd interesting update rather than a busy thread just repeating shite about Ultimate Team. Surely it can’t only be me that plays career mode!
Ive thought about running a career mode story, but never thought it would garner much interest and I’d just be a sad bastard posting to myself :lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Managed to move up to div 4, and qualify for WL. Red picks are going to be terrible though, not much in this Totw that I want.

sewey89

I've been playing 433(3) I think it is, but I want something with 2 strikers. I also want to avoid getting caught out regularly on the counter. What formations are people finding to work?

MuFc_1992

My results have improved immensely after I replaced Fred with Docoure who is supposed to be an inferior player. I bought Sterling for 64k but got ASM on an unsellable pack. Should I sell Sterling to improve elsewhere? I am getting destroyed on Physicality to which is the reason I replaced Fred

RonaldoVII

I've been playing 433(3) I think it is, but I want something with 2 strikers. I also want to avoid getting caught out regularly on the counter. What formations are people finding to work?
I play 4-3-3(4) with my RW set to stay forward and it works really well. My ST/RW kind of form a 2 striker attack and my CAM (Bruno) fills in on the right side of CM to cover when I don't have the ball. RCM acts as my DM and stays back, LCM is box to box. I also switch to 4222 if I need to go attacking.

It's exactly the same as what I did on Fifa 21 and probably less conforming to the narrow meta but I get good success with fast wingers, albeit Raphinha and Jota at this stage. For what it's worth I'm in div 6 and 16-2 record in rivals so far.

Current (F2P) team:

Ederson
Walker Rudiger Militao Mendy
Fabinho Saul
Raphina Bruno Jota
Vardy​

sewey89

I play 4-3-3(4) with my RW set to stay forward and it works really well. My ST/RW kind of form a 2 striker attack and my CAM (Bruno) fills in on the right side of CM to cover when I don't have the ball. RCM acts as my DM and stays back, LCM is box to box. I also switch to 4222 if I need to go attacking.

It's exactly the same as what I did on Fifa 21 and probably less conforming to the narrow meta but I get good success with fast wingers, albeit Raphinha and Jota at this stage. For what it's worth I'm in div 6 and 16-2 record in rivals so far.

Current (F2P) team:

Ederson
Walker Rudiger Militao Mendy
Fabinho Saul
Raphina Bruno Jota
Vardy​
Thanks mate. Since my post I switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 which has seen me win 3 in a row, for the first time ever I think :lol:

I get confused when I have to start giving players instructions. Probably explains why i'm so poor on the game.

This is what i'm running with:

------------- De Gea
Trent - Dias - Rudiger - Robertson
-------------- Fabinho
Sancho---------------- Pedro (Flashback)
-------------- Havertz
-------- Vardy ----- Lukaku

Pedro doesn't fit at all and is ok but not amazing. I'm gonna swap him for Rashford when i've built up enough coins. I want to swap Havertz for Bruno or KDB and Vardy for Werner too

dannyrhinos89

I’ve now switched to 4321 if you have your LF+RF on stay forward they play like strikers, it’s quite heavy up top. I’m now one win away from Div 5.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Bruno or De Bruyne to partner Fred/Fabinho, who would you pick?

Skizzo

BREAKING NEWS
Manchester United Reaching New Depths of Desperation?
Fans of the Manchester based club will be waking up this morning with news that their club will be starting the new season with a relative unknown stepping into the Manager's box. Club icon Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was released before the start of the new season, and the Glazer family decided to a different route than their past few established managerial appointments, and instead buck the trend and go for the up-and-coming English manager, Maverick Ravine. While most won't have much knowledge, The RedCafe times found out he has had a promising coaching career in the lower leagues, and since getting his credentials, he's been looking to challenge himself with a big club, and he certainly couldn't have dreamed that he'd be getting a shot at one of the biggest in the World.

When asked how he was feeling and his thoughts on what's a head, Ravine had this to say,

"Obviously most football fans could only dream of getting a chance at one of the biggest teams in the world, and to follow in some of the footsteps of some of the great managers that have taken charge here. I've been a United fan since the early Premier League years and grew up watching United dominate year after year. I'm coming in now with a big task ahead, and I know the fans are gonna have a lot of questions about what to expect, and there's probably some who wonder if I'm in over my head and wondering what I'm doing here when some bigger names have been looked over. I just want them to know I have the clubs best interests at heart, and I can't wait to get started and meet the lads."

Keepers
David De Gea
Dean Henderson
Lee Grant
Tom Heaton

Defenders
Raphael Varane
Harry Maguire
Luke Shaw
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Victor Lindelof
Alex Telles
Eric Bailly
Phil Jones
Teden Mengi
Diogo Dalot

Midfielders
Bruno Fernandes
Paul Pogba
Fred
Scott Mctominay
Juan Mata
Donny Van de Beek
Nemanja Matic
Hannibal Mejbri

Forwards
Cristiano Ronaldo
Edison Cavani
Marcus Rashford
Mason Greenwood
Jadon Sancho
Amad Diallo
Anthony Martial
Jesse Lingard
Anthony Elanga
Dillon Hoodewerf
Shola Shoretire

Academy Prospects
Boleslav Kovarik - GK
Oscar Webster - GK
Muran Suliman - CAM
Mateo Mercado - RM
Nikolaos Galonopoulas - CF

Players out on Loan
Nathan Bishop - Mansfield Town
Reece Devine - St. Johnstone
Axel Tuanzebe - Aston Villa
Di'Shon Bernard - Hull City
Brandon Williams - Norwich
Ethan Laird - Swansea City
Ethan Galbraith - Doncaster
James Garner - Nottingham Forest
Tahith Chong - Birmingham City
Dylan Levitt - Dundee United
Facundo Pellistri - D. Alaves
D'Mani Mellor - Salford City

Owen Richardson - English - 4/4
Aslak Nilsen - Norwegian - 5/4
Sandros Harris - 5/4

Pre-Season Tournament
Champions Trophy

Group Stage
Sporting CP
Jeonbuk Hyundai
Bergamo Calcio

Transfer Budget
157.81M

Wage Budget
635K​

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

BREAKING NEWS
Manchester United Reaching New Depths of Desperation?
Fans of the Manchester based club will be waking up this morning with news that their club will be starting the new season with a relative unknown stepping into the Manager's box. Club icon Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was released before the start of the new season, and the Glazer family decided to a different route than their past few established managerial appointments, and instead buck the trend and go for the up-and-coming English manager, Maverick Ravine. While most won't have much knowledge, The RedCafe times found out he has had a promising coaching career in the lower leagues, and since getting his credentials, he's been looking to challenge himself with a big club, and he certainly couldn't have dreamed that he'd be getting a shot at one of the biggest in the World.

When asked how he was feeling and his thoughts on what's a head, Ravine had this to say,

"Obviously most football fans could only dream of getting a chance at one of the biggest teams in the world, and to follow in some of the footsteps of some of the great managers that have taken charge here. I've been a United fan since the early Premier League years and grew up watching United dominate year after year. I'm coming in now with a big task ahead, and I know the fans are gonna have a lot of questions about what to expect, and there's probably some who wonder if I'm in over my head and wondering what I'm doing here when some bigger names have been looked over. I just want them to know I have the clubs best interests at heart, and I can't wait to get started and meet the lads."

Keepers
David De Gea
Dean Henderson
Lee Grant
Tom Heaton

Defenders
Raphael Varane
Harry Maguire
Luke Shaw
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Victor Lindelof
Alex Telles
Eric Bailly
Phil Jones
Teden Mengi
Diogo Dalot

Midfielders
Bruno Fernandes
Paul Pogba
Fred
Scott Mctominay
Juan Mata
Donny Van de Beek
Nemanja Matic
Hannibal Mejbri

Forwards
Cristiano Ronaldo
Edison Cavani
Marcus Rashford
Mason Greenwood
Jadon Sancho
Amad Diallo
Anthony Martial
Jesse Lingard
Anthony Elanga
Dillon Hoodewerf
Shola Shoretire

Academy Prospects
Boleslav Kovarik - GK
Oscar Webster - GK
Muran Suliman - CAM
Mateo Mercado - RM
Nikolaos Galonopoulas - CF

Players out on Loan
Nathan Bishop - Mansfield Town
Reece Devine - St. Johnstone
Axel Tuanzebe - Aston Villa
Di'Shon Bernard - Hull City
Brandon Williams - Norwich
Ethan Laird - Swansea City
Ethan Galbraith - Doncaster
James Garner - Nottingham Forest
Tahith Chong - Birmingham City
Dylan Levitt - Dundee United
Facundo Pellistri - D. Alaves
D'Mani Mellor - Salford City

Owen Richardson - English - 4/4
Aslak Nilsen - Norwegian - 5/4
Sandros Harris - 5/4

Pre-Season Tournament
Champions Trophy

Group Stage
Sporting CP
Jeonbuk Hyundai
Bergamo Calcio

Transfer Budget
157.81M

Wage Budget
635K​
Love this! Excited to follow your progress. If you score any stunners get them in here too!

I’ve gone for a different approach this year. I started a new club “Utd Manchester” based around FC Utd of Manchester and made my own Utd home and away kit, whilst starting in league 2. My goal will be to take Utd Manchester all the way up through the leagues to truly usurp the Glazier rule. So far so good, I’m halfway through the season and top of League 2 level on points with Exeter but with a game in hand. My striker Johnathan Woods has scored a remarkable 18 goals in 23 games, a fantastic return for the veteran striker!

Keep me updated on your progress in the thread!

Based Adnan

Anyone else underperforming their XG every single game? Not sure if it's just me being a shit finisher or the stat being a little too kind

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone else underperforming their XG every single game? Not sure if it's just me being a shit finisher or the stat being a little too kind
The xG model is laughable; wouldn't pay too much attention to it. I managed 8 xG in a game I won 2-0 on something like 10 shots somehow - it seems that any shot inside the box regardless of where defenders are is worth a stupid amount.

Skizzo

Champions Trophy
Group Stage
Fixtures and Results

United
2 - 3 - Jeonbuk Hyundai
(Greenwood, Ronaldo)

United 0 - 0 Bergamo Calcio

United 1 - 1 - Sporting
(Sancho)

A poor showing for Manchester United as they crash out of the Group Stage of the Champions Trophy Pre-Season Tournament with no wins and two points to show for their efforts. They will be happy to at least see new boys Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo among the goals, with Mason Greenwood carrying on his good form from last season. United fans will be hoping to build some momentum before the season starts and get off to a strong start against their title rivals.

Eventual Winners - Wolfsburg

First Game of the Season
Pre-Match Press Conference
Opponent - Leeds United
Reporter - How was the pre-season prepped you for the real thing?

Ravine - Pre-season is always about getting mistake and misunderstandings out of the system. We need to put it behind us now. This is the serious business now. We can't afford to make the same kind of errors in competitive games.

Reporter - Everyon'e making their predictions. It looks like a really excited title race this year. How are you feeling? Do you think your team can be up there and really challenge in the league this season?

Ravine - This is a very talented group of players. Good enough, definitely, to win the league. But we'll need to be able to handle the expectations that come when you're playing for a big club like this one.

Reporter - It's been a busy time for you in the transfer market with 3 players leaving the club. Can we expect you to bring in new faces now before the window closes?

Ravine - For me, it's not so much about numbers. It's about the quality and about attitude. I want winners at this club, lads who'll buy into what we're trying to do. Thanks! I'll not be taking any more questions now.

Old Trafford
Saturday, Aug 14, 2021
vs Leeds United

4-2-3-1
Ronaldo
Rashford----------------------------Sancho
Fernandes

Pogba --------McTominay

Shaw ---Maguire(c)----Varane -----Wan-Bissaka

De Gea

Subs
Henderson, Lindelof, Telles, Greenwood, Fred, Van de Beek, Cavani

First Half

Manchester United turned their first half dominance into goals as they end the half four goals up. Putting their pre-season woes behind them, they started strong with Paul Pogba turning a Ronaldo pass into a 1-0 lead. Ronaldo was then brought down in the box and Bruno Fernandes stepped up to convert from the spot. Ronaldo finally got his reward for being the creator and headed in a Luke Shaw corner with the keeper standing little chance to stop it. There was a glimmer of hope for Leeds United as a Luke Shaw foul on ex-united man Dan James earned them a penalty kick. Rodrigo stepped up, but De Gea made a fine stop and punched the ball away. Manchester United got possession of the loose ball, broke down the left side of the pitch and a Marcus Rashford cross found the head of Ronaldo again as he put it in the back of the net for a four goal lead.

Alex Telles came on for Luke Shaw, who was carrying a booking, and Donny van de Beek came on for Scott McTominay.

Full Time

The second half went much the way of the first, with Leeds United unable to hang with their longtime rivals. Ronaldo turned creator again with a quick one touch flick through to Fernandes who finished low and hard into the bottom corner. It always seemed inevitable that Ronaldo would complete the hat-trick, and on 75 minutes he did just that. After having a hand in all six goals scored, he left the pitch to a standing ovation as he was replaced by Mason Greenwood, who had 10 minutes to stretch his legs. The scoring wasn't over though as substitute van de Beek slipped in Jadon Sancho who finished hard into the roof of the net, and the captain Harry Maguire put an exclamation point with a headed goal from another corner as Manchester United finished with eight. They'll be filled with confidence going into their next game having looked to have shaken off all the pre-season cobwebs.

Goals - Ronaldo (3), Fernandes (2), Pogba, Sancho, Maguire
Assists - Fernandes (3), Ronaldo (2), van de Beek, Shaw
Yellow Cards - Shaw, Wan-Bissaka

Post-Match Interview
Reporter - Your first victory as Manchester United manager. It's a landmark for you, of course, but how happy are you with what you saw from your team?

Ravine - I'm very pleased indeed with what I saw from the team. Their attitude to their work has been outstanding since the day I walked through the dookr and they gave me 100% out there. That's all I ask from them in each and every game.

Reporter - It's been difficult for Rashford recently and you've had to try everything to try and get him back to his best. Do you think we saw him come through the other side of his bad spell in today's game?

Ravine - I think you've got to recognise the lad's resilience. He knows he's been struggling, in and out of the team. But he's kept his head down, worked hard, and today he got his reward.

Reporter - Great win and congratulations. No question all the headlines will be about Ronaldo's performance. Were you surprised to see him weight in with a hat-trick?

Ravine - A great performance and a great hat-trick, but Ronaldo's true value to this team is as a leader. We're very happy to have him with us at the club. He's inspirational.

St. Mary's Stadium
Friday, August 20, 2021
vs Southampton

4-4-2

Ronaldo ----------Cavani

Greenwood -----Pogba -----Fernandes ----- Sancho

Shaw ----Maguire(c) -----Varane ------Wan-Bissaka

De Gea

Subs
Henderson, Lindelof, Telles, Rashford, McTominay, van de Beek, Cavani

First Half

Manchester United got off to a slow start in this game. Maybe it was the hangover from the first game, or the tweak in formation and personnel, but they spent most of the first half trying to play their way into it. Eventually, however, the sprung a quick counter-attack and a cross from Mason Greenwood found the head of, you guessed it, Cristiano Ronaldo. Towards the end of the first half, the two forwards linked up again and Cavani pulled a ball back towards the penalty spot for the on-rushing Ronaldo to slot home. A 2-0 nil going into halftime, United will look to settle things down and take the fight out of Southampton.

Full Time

Whatever the plan was for the second half, it can't have been this. Telles came on for Shaw at the hour mark, and shortly after, Ronaldo popped up again for his second hat-trick in two games. A thunderous shot from outside the box left Fraser Forster scrambling across the face of his goal but he could only get his fingertips to it as it flew into the top corner. Ronaldo ran off to celebrate and it seemed like that was that. It was only four minutes later though as United gave up their second penalty in two games. There was no repeat performance this time though as Varane received a red card for the challenge, and James Ward-Prowse slotted into the bottom left corner. The United goal was bombarded for the next 20 minutes but it looked like they'd escape unscathed as an 89th minute show flew back off the crossbar. A 90th minute goal from Chris Adams made United fans wonder where this all went wrong, but the final whistle blew after the kick-off and United move on wondering how they let this almost slip away.

Goals - Ronaldo (3)
Assists - Fernandes, Greenwood, Cavani
Yellow Card - Wan-Bissaka
Red Card - Varane

Molineux
Sunday, August 29, 2021
vs Wolves

4-2-3-1

Ronaldo

Martial ------------------------Greenwood

Fernandes

Pogba --------McTominay

Shaw ----Maguire(c) -----Mengi -------Dalot

Henderson

Subs
De Gea, Lindelof, Telles, Diallo, Lingard, van de Beek, Sancho

First Half

Manchester United came in here full of confidence after their two wins and looked to start early on the front foot. Someone didn't tell Wolves about the script though as two minutes into the game Adama Traore burst through on goal and smashed a shot off the crossbar. At this point, United fans must have been wondering if the Mengi-Dalot-Henderson triangle was too much of a gamble against a physical and pacy side. Bruno Fernandes decided to settle some nerves but curling an effort into the top corner from 30 yards against the run of play. Whatever hope United had of that taking the wind out of Wolves' sails was quickly wiped away as a quick break allowed Neto to equalize. Ronaldo restored the lead with a quick one-two with Fernandes on the edge of the box before smashing into the roof of the net. Not done just yet though, Neto again found himself free against Henderson and again finished smartly. If United fans hadn't started wondering where they'd be without Ronaldo yet, he popped up again in the 43rd minute from a corner and headed home. The iconic talisman putting himself on a hat-trick for the third time in three games. United fans would probably be quite happy if that was the last of the goalscoring, however.

Full Time

Amad Diallo, Donny van de Beek, and Jesse Lingard all came on at the half to replace Greenwood, Fernandes, and McTominay. A little more industry was hoped for to try and grind out a win. It looked like it was working as Lingard played a ball out left for Anthony Martial. The Frenchman was completely anonymous in the first half, and most fans were probably wondering why he wasn't taken off instead of Greenwood. Martial quickly let them know though as he slammed the ball into the back of the net and gave United a two-goal lead. Donny van de Beek then scored a peach of a goal as he hit a long ranger past the outstretched hand of the keeper and into the back of the net. United fans then witnessed a hat-trick scored this season that didn't belong to Ronaldo, as Neto again beat the defensive line and found himself celebrating. Henderson was left wondering why he continued to find himself free, and United fans would be hoping it didn't keep happening. Henderson's eight save throughout the game kept United just ahead, and saw them through in the end.

Goals - Ronaldo (2), Martial, van de Beek, Fernandes
Assists - Diallo, Fernandes, Lingard, Shaw, Martial