Gaming FIFA 22

Meller

That Taarabt looks fantastic, maybe go 451 with Keane as the sole CM and change Varane for Kimpembe and go with Lloris in net?
Don't want to use Kimpembe, feels so boring but thanks anyway. I like hybrids but it's tough to replace players. Part of the charm I guess!
I know what you mean. Packed WW Morales a week ago and he’s so good but there’s just no way to use him unless it’s off the bench.
Yeah there's a few players I would love to use but it's so hard to get them into a team.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Wish they would release the better icons, gives you something to grind for. Might start Best but don't really need him and I know he'll just end up in the sbc bench.
I wouldn’t be so sure, I did him because I had so much fodder and he’s brilliant in game, I switch him to striker and he’s doing very well.

Frank White

I wouldn’t be so sure, I did him because I had so much fodder and he’s brilliant in game, I switch him to striker and he’s doing very well.
He does look good but just don't want another high priced sbc player destined for the bench. I have POTM Ronaldo, Kaka, Maldini and a load of others that don't get game time.

Getting a bit bored of my team Anyone got any fun player recommendations? Just got the American RB from level 15 so going to try Taarabt and Corona out but open to anything.

EvilChuck

HL Felipe Anderson looks amazing but I dont know if I can be bothered to grind for him. But I know I'll regret if I dont, especially if he gets any upgrades, plus he gives a strong link to SMS for hybrids.

Decisions decisions

dannyrhinos89

HL Felipe Anderson looks amazing but I dont know if I can be bothered to grind for him. But I know I'll regret if I dont, especially if he gets any upgrades, plus he gives a strong link to SMS for hybrids.

Decisions decisions

It's am easy grind. Did it in a couple of hours. I'd say it's worth it for a small grind.

EvilChuck

It's am easy grind. Did it in a couple of hours. I'd say it's worth it for a small grind.
You were right, that was a small grind. I quite enjoyed the 7 leagues, max chem thing too, wish UT was like that more often so teams could be more varied. Like when they had random requirements in WL before

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Anyone tried Anderson yet? I managed to complete it this morning but have had to head off for the day. Fortunately I have a full Brazilian team now so he fits perfectly.

EvilChuck

Anyone tried Anderson yet? I managed to complete it this morning but have had to head off for the day. Fortunately I have a full Brazilian team now so he fits perfectly.
His finesses from range are incredible, was the first thing I noticed. Good on the ball but didnt wow me.

I may be a bad judge though because I bought the HL Simeone and he has blown me away with how good he is.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His finesses from range are incredible, was the first thing I noticed. Good on the ball but didnt wow me.

I may be a bad judge though because I bought the HL Simeone and he has blown me away with how good he is.
I doubt it that Simeone looks like a fantastic card too.

dannyrhinos89

doing very well for me in div 1, you can feel his high dribbling and his shooting from range is good too.

dannyrhinos89

How does the headliner cards work? Are they upgradable?
yes, any informs the player gets and the headliner will always stay boosted ahead, I think there’s a thing too if a team wins 4 in a row games it will get upgraded.

jeff_goldblum

As a casual player who buys a FIFA game every couple of years and just plays career mode/with friends/the occasional match online, reading this thread is like reading an instruction manual in a foreign language. Think I missed the boat with FUT etc. so many versions ago that it's developed into something to complicated to pick up in the time I'm willing to dedicate to the game.

Frank White

As a casual player who buys a FIFA game every couple of years and just plays career mode/with friends/the occasional match online, reading this thread is like reading an instruction manual in a foreign language. Think I missed the boat with FUT etc. so many versions ago that it's developed into something to complicated to pick up in the time I'm willing to dedicate to the game.
Fut is definitely a time sink but this year the reward vs time is probably the best it's been imo. As you play the cpu already a couple of squad battles rewards and the right SBC's you'll easily have a competitive squad that'll be ready for the higher divisions.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Does anyone know if there's a way you can tell if you're home or away before kick off on this one? YouTube had the answers on previous FIFA's but not this time.

I'm not one who absolutely has to be at home all the time but 90% of my games are away it's absolutely ridiculous.

FattyFooty

You were right, that was a small grind. I quite enjoyed the 7 leagues, max chem thing too, wish UT was like that more often so teams could be more varied. Like when they had random requirements in WL before
I love that part of the game. Its fun using the players not in first team..

That SMS looks insane strong link with Anderson. Could be one of the better eco pairs in the game at this point.

FattyFooty

Fut is definitely a time sink but this year the reward vs time is probably the best it's been imo. As you play the cpu already a couple of squad battles rewards and the right SBC's you'll easily have a competitive squad that'll be ready for the higher divisions.
I think that part is very good this year. Its very easy getting a very good squad if you put a little effort into it.

They also relased some very cheap good icon sbcs too. The Keane and Best ones has extreme value. Maybe the worst Best but its still Best.

Frank White

Seems like they've given up with the content, that Aubameyang is ridiculously priced and honestly not all that.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Guys, I need your help!

If prices stay constant, I currently have a front 3 with WW Martial, WW Alessandrini, and Mbappe Gold. But I could switch to Messi, Mbappe and Neymar all Gold.

Essentially Messi - Neymar vs WW Martial - WW Alessandrini, what's the best? The rest of the team stays the same.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Guys, I need your help!

If prices stay constant, I currently have a front 3 with WW Martial, WW Alessandrini, and Mbappe Gold. But I could switch to Messi, Mbappe and Neymar all Gold.

Essentially Messi - Neymar vs WW Martial - WW Alessandrini, what's the best? The rest of the team stays the same.
Allesandrini always pulls my pants down. I’d rather play a team without him in it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Allesandrini always pulls my pants down. I’d rather play a team without him in it.
Yeah he's great, I am going to try the PSG front three I think.

Could replace Messi with Numbers Up Di Maria or Rulebreakers Dembele as well.

EvilChuck

No matter who I try up front, I always end up back with RB Arnautovic. I have had a better scoring output with WW Morales and HL Simeone, but my overall play is just so much better with a strong striker and my goals end up more evenly distributed across the front 4.

Now if I could just learn to defend against all the non stop elasticos....

Frank White

No matter who I try up front, I always end up back with RB Arnautovic. I have had a better scoring output with WW Morales and HL Simeone, but my overall play is just so much better with a strong striker and my goals end up more evenly distributed across the front 4.

It's disgusting how effective they are when the other player has a dodgy connection, that and the driven pass into a scoop turn are just stupid. It's getting to the point I now see why people play so passive in defence because if you miss a tackle against them the speed boost they get is ridiculous.

Frank White

Also anyone know what's the deal with heroes? Are they upgrade-able or are other versions like prime heroes coming out? Not seen any clear info on them and would love a better version of Di Natale or Pele.

Santos J

Also anyone know what's the deal with heroes? Are they upgrade-able or are other versions like prime heroes coming out? Not seen any clear info on them and would love a better version of Di Natale or Pele.
Nah they're just staying as is.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The gameplay on this is so inconsistent. Sometimes it’s really responsive and free flowing, all my players are making runs, I can dribble properly, passes go right where I want them...

But last night it was literally like they we’re running through treacle. So slow, input lag, couldn’t control a ball properly and forget trying to dribble. Feels like unless you both have an amazing connection then it’s not really worth playing at all.

Frank White

That Edouard looks like he's right up your street, 6"2, 92 strength, double 4* and 91 and 95 agility and balance. Just completed him now but heard he has a generic face scan which is kinda dead but looks a great card.

Frank White

Di Natale and Ginola are still huge!
Don't get me wrong they're still good but it's getting to the point where even the dead promo players are matching them stat wise. I know they have the secret sauce but hoped they would be upgrade able.

gorky_utd

Don't get me wrong they're still good but it's getting to the point where even the dead promo players are matching them stat wise. I know they have the secret sauce but hoped they would be upgrade able.
Just bought di natale. The guy has pretty similar stat to WW morales. But in game he is light years ahead. I think body types and unique animation is still making big difference. I am on pc so old gen btw.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Just bought di natale. The guy has pretty similar stat to WW morales. But in game he is light years ahead. I think body types and unique animation is still making big difference. I am on pc so old gen btw.
Agreed, but he has a point. Everyone can have over 80 pace CB's easily now with good agility as well.

There are some amazing midfielders, I am using a 3 of RIF Kante, RTTK Silva, and Fire Claude Alexis and can't think of changing it anytime soon.

AaronRedDevil

I have a Bpl team and a serie A team. Looking to put 1 new player in each. For the Bpl team I’m looking at 88 Keane (would love a legend in my team, especially Roy Keane, but is he any good?) or Kante.
For the Serie A it’s between Headliner Arnautovic or TOTW Oshimen. Who should I pick?

Last edited:

EvilChuck

That Edouard looks like he's right up your street, 6"2, 92 strength, double 4* and 91 and 95 agility and balance. Just completed him now but heard he has a generic face scan which is kinda dead but looks a great card.
Yeah he looks amazing tbh. I have built myself into a Serie A black hole though with untradeables, and didnt do the Zaha SBC which I could have linked him in with (I have RB Kessie and objectives Defrel so he would have linked nicely).

EvilChuck

I have a Bpl team and a serie A team. Looking to put 1 new player in each. For the Bpl team I’m looking at 88 Keane (would love a legend in my team, especially Roy Keane, but is he any good?) or Kante.
For the Serie A it’s between Headliner Arnautovic or TOTW Oshimen. Who should I pick?
Always Arnautovic over Osimhen. I cant even explain how good he has been for me

AaronRedDevil

Always Arnautovic over Osimhen. I cant even explain how good he has been for me
Yeah his card looks great. Haven't been up against him yet. Only Oshimen and he always scores on me. But I'm leaning more to Arn. Might just get Kante too. Or should I keep Ndidi.

Last edited: