Gaming FIFA 22

EvilChuck

Finally got to Division 1 and they pushed me back to Div 3 for the new season ffs :lol:. Got TOTY Nom, 89 Insigne from the Untradeable Jumbo rare pack. I can't even use him. Already have Headliner 87 Felipe Anderson who's a bit better stats wise.
Insigne's work rates and traits are better for attacking, Felipe better as an up and down winger.

Best player I packed was IF Mane untradeable. Got loads of high rated fodder though

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Oof. I’ve heard a lot of boom and bust stories, it seems to be one or the other. I’ve had nothing from the TOTY stuff, my mate has packed 4, including Cancelo twice :lol:

Definitely feels like the pay to play element gets worse after TOTY. If you don’t have these players you can’t really compete at the top level.
I'll just have to grind Rivals, Play-Offs and weekend league and buy players with coins like I do every year. I refuse to spend money on FIFA points and I just wish others would do the same rather than be suckered into it.

Must admit I enjoyed beating a guy with 6 icons including 96 Ronaldo (which literally means a goal every time you let him shoot) and 5 TOTY cards with my Ismaila Sarr TOTW secret weapon from the bench.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@Paxi you weren’t lying. Bronze/silver players now around 3k. I was buying them 3 days ago for 1300/1400. Easy 200k profit in 3 days.
They’ll even go higher but it’s all profit at the end of the day. :)

Meller

Emptied my club to do the mid/prime icon SBC and packed mid Cruyff so guess that's a win.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Accidentally bought a bronze for 10k yesterday, I imagine there’s a lot of other poor suckers doing the same :lol:

They keep swapping around the bid and the buy it now buttons on concept squads, I guess to prevent snipers.

Paxi

So you just put them up for 3900 start/ 4000 buy now even if they’re only selling for 2800? And just keep relishing them until they sell at that price?
Yeah because that price could hit at any point and 90% of the time I’m not paying attention to the market. Some get sold - I’m assigning due to lazy buyers whom just pay whatever comes up first but most go unsold.

Paxi

Accidentally bought a bronze for 10k yesterday, I imagine there’s a lot of other poor suckers doing the same :lol:

They keep swapping around the bid and the buy it now buttons on concept squads, I guess to prevent snipers.
You’ve made someone’s day. I’ve done that plenty of times with common gold cards. :lol:

Nanook

Yeah because that price could hit at any point and 90% of the time I’m not paying attention to the market. Some get sold - I’m assigning due to lazy buyers whom just pay whatever comes up first but most go unsold.
how long do you put them up for? 12 hours at a time?

AaronRedDevil

Best team I’ve ever had. Never could have dreamed of Having this team. I always used those budget teams that could beat some player but not all. I’m saving up and trying to find a better cdm for Onyeka. Fred is bloody expensive. Maybe Gallagher from that future stars promo might be a good option.

Paxi

Holy feck divisions is full of sweaty rats whom park the bus so bad that my cb’s are 15 yards inside their line. I mean where do people find enjoyment out of playing like that? :houllier:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Got 3 TOTY nominees in my divisions rewards: Donnarumma, Benzema and Bonucci. All fairly shit and wouldn’t get used so I stuck them into the mid/prime icon SBC.

mid Hernández. Could've been worse but even so, feels like a L.

acnumber9

Just played a guy with 9 TOTY players with Flashback Varane and Cruyff taking the other two spots. He quit at 4-2 down. How have these people nothing better to spend their money on?

Paxi

Could some of the FUT heads give me an opion on this?

predator

Youth NITK
I always seem to buy players when they are most expensive and sell them when they're cheapest.
For example I packed messi and kept him for a while and used him as a sub but he didn't fit my team. He was going for 340k last week and I ended up selling him a few days ago to fund 90 Cafu and managed to sell him for just 300k. Cafu also was fluctuating in price as well but got him for 540k. I just haven't a clue.
Does anyone have any tips on when is the best time to buy/sell.

Paxi

You could use Futbins squad calculator tool. Congrats on the CR7.
Well CR7 is untradeable, so it’s hard to put a price on him. He’s 7 mill which is an insane amount of coins for any one player. It just is.

I would swap accounts. I’m aware of people buying and selling accounts etc.

Frank White

I always seem to buy players when they are most expensive and sell them when they're cheapest.
For example I packed messi and kept him for a while and used him as a sub but he didn't fit my team. He was going for 340k last week and I ended up selling him a few days ago to fund 90 Cafu and managed to sell him for just 300k. Cafu also was fluctuating in price as well but got him for 540k. I just haven't a clue.
Does anyone have any tips on when is the best time to buy/sell.
For the past few promos the best time to buy the promo cards is normally about 30 mins after they're released. I've been picking up Trincao for 60-70k and just offloaded them for 90k.

Meller

Need some help with my team after I packed mid Cruyff the other day. Playing a 442 with mid RvP and di Natale previously, I could just switch out RvP and slot Cruyff right in but I like RvP and he's also first owner. Would like to play RvP and Cruyff up top as I think they would compliment eachother. I've used Felipe Anderson as my LM and I like him but he would get only 7 chem playing that way and I wanr everyone on 10. Any suggestions for LM? I packed 90 Sule the other day as well and are linking him with Schulz which is fine for now.

Looked at Danjuma but is he any good? Any Bundesliga LM that is good?

Paxi

Need some help with my team after I packed mid Cruyff the other day. Playing a 442 with mid RvP and di Natale previously, I could just switch out RvP and slot Cruyff right in but I like RvP and he's also first owner. Would like to play RvP and Cruyff up top as I think they would compliment eachother. I've used Felipe Anderson as my LM and I like him but he would get only 7 chem playing that way and I wanr everyone on 10. Any suggestions for LM? I packed 90 Sule the other day as well and are linking him with Schulz which is fine for now.

You’re two meta players are Di Natale and Cruyff and so you should build on them. Felipe Anderson is probably the third player that you’d select…

I’d just recommend doing a concept squad around the two players.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Sane LM is very good if you can afford him.

gorky_utd

Did few upgrade packs and as usual packed nothing. Then yesterday packed HM david and gold Neymar from two 81+ packs. This is the team I have assembled

Cr7 91
Potm sterling Neymar gelson 85
Paqueta 88 kante 90
Theo 86 cordoba Varane 86 walker 87
Maignan 88

No idea how good is gold Cr7, kante and Varane at this stage of the game where every opponent seem to have a couple of toty in their line up. But, still never had Neymar and Cr7 together before. Any recommendations to change or upgrade any position in the future?

Meller

You’re two meta players are Di Natale and Cruyff and so you should build on them. Felipe Anderson is probably the third player that you’d select…

I’d just recommend doing a concept squad around the two players.
Don't even need to do anything to build it as I've got the squad for it already! I guess I can try it out for a bit and have RvP coming off the bench.
Sane LM is very good if you can afford him.
I can yes, if I sell di Natale I'll have about 550k though he has dropped a lot in the past few weeks annoyingly.

gorky_utd

Don't even need to do anything to build it as I've got the squad for it already! I guess I can try it out for a bit and have RvP coming off the bench.

I can yes, if I sell di Natale I'll have about 550k though he has dropped a lot in the past few weeks annoyingly.
What is your squad?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Holy feck divisions is full of sweaty rats whom park the bus so bad that my cb’s are 15 yards inside their line. I mean where do people find enjoyment out of playing like that? :houllier:
I remember I lost something like 6 in a row pretty badly about a month ago I reverted to a 3-5-2 for a temporary measure to stem the bleeding. It worked as results improved but I was so bored after 4 games I reverted back to my attacking system (was always going to eventually but wasn't planning on doing it so soon).

I wasn't even particularly defensive either just more compact, how anyone can do park the bus tactics long term on FIFA beats me.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I remember I lost something like 6 in a row pretty badly about a month ago I reverted to a 3-5-2 for a temporary measure to stem the bleeding. It worked as results improved but I was so bored after 4 games I reverted back to my attacking system (was always going to eventually but wasn't planning on doing it so soon).

I wasn't even particularly defensive either just more compact, how anyone can do park the bus tactics long term on FIFA beats me.
Agreed. To be honest I don’t know how people can be bothered. Personally I’m not a fan of any of the underhand tactics like playing fullbacks in CB or in CM. The fact the game doesn’t punish that is silly really. Also anyone using Kimpembe now just needs to move the feck on. Yes he’s good and great for the money but when you have an attack of Neymar, Ginola, Messi and Mbappe and still have Kimpembe at the back you are a massive weapon.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

People enjoy different things, I can't imagine why some would pass the ball backwards and sidewards in a game. For me 1 vs 1 battles across the field are the most fun part of the game.

Paxi

It’s the mechanics of manual jockeying - which people find hard to do. Again I’m not saying get rid of it totally but make it that pros, in order to compete in competitions, where manual jockeying would be mandatory, have to learn how to use it.

There is no point in making the gameplay harder than it needs to be for 90% of people who will never get to that level. Make the game fun ffs. There should be a balance but FIFA, unfortunately hasn’t been balanced in a long long time.

Meller

What is your squad?
Di Natale - Mid RvP
HL Anderson - prime Veron - WW Taarabt - Ziyech (whatever promo that was)
Ice Schulz - Sule (whatever promo that was) - mid Puyol - Manquillo (whatever promo that was)
Gold Neuer

And now mid Cruyff that I have to put in my starting 11.

gorky_utd

Di Natale - Mid RvP
HL Anderson - prime Veron - WW Taarabt - Ziyech (whatever promo that was)
Ice Schulz - Sule (whatever promo that was) - mid Puyol - Manquillo (whatever promo that was)
Gold Neuer

And now mid Cruyff that I have to put in my starting 11.
Just replace RVP with Cruyff.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I did the Mid Icon Upgrade SBC, which I thought was a risk as I could have ended up with one of the lower rated ones, I ended up getting Cruyff, he is ridiculously good, I went from using 86 Robbie Keane to 91 rated Cruyff and the difference is absurd.