Gaming FIFA 22

EvilChuck

Played a few WL games, faced a few TOTY cards. The attacking and midfield ones I havent noticed make any real difference, but 2 times I have faced Marquinos and he was just a brick wall

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Happy with Cornet but he’s basically free so of course I’ll be doing Shaw as well.

Anyone tried WW Fabinho?
Haven’t tried him but he’s a beast apparently and he always scores against me.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Marquinhos TOTY might be the best CB in FUT of all time.

AaronRedDevil

I GOT A BLUE! It’s a TOTY honourable mention but I’ll take it. Alaba 120+k coins. Delighted. Got him from the sbc where you get 3 80+ovr defenders. Tradeable too. First ever blue card.

AaronRedDevil

WHY didn’t I sell the Alaba card straight away. He was going for 90 to 120k. Now he’s only 74k. Feeeeccckkk! Oh well, there goes that Rooney Dream.

EvilChuck

So I went 8-2 for the first 10 games, and 3-7 for the second 10. Nothing was working for me, all my players felt off and my defending was a mess.

Then played some Rivals, and just cannot get a win to save my life. Dropped from 1930 SR to 1790...

Then it clicked for me, I am playing on a different tv, and havent set the settings to gaming mode. Did that and suddenly everything is working perfectly again. Frustrating as I was definitely on for at least 14 wins.

On a side note, HM Chiesa is a beast. Only issue is the position change for me. But it does mean Muriel is back in the lineup again. Playing him LAM, Chiesa RAM, and Di Natale CAM, behind HM Lautaro.

Also packed HM Benzema, HM David, HM Bonucci from WL rewards, which along with the fodder I sold and the TOTW pack discards earned me about 300k this week. Very happy with that

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So I went 8-2 for the first 10 games, and 3-7 for the second 10. Nothing was working for me, all my players felt off and my defending was a mess.

Then played some Rivals, and just cannot get a win to save my life. Dropped from 1930 SR to 1790...

Then it clicked for me, I am playing on a different tv, and havent set the settings to gaming mode. Did that and suddenly everything is working perfectly again. Frustrating as I was definitely on for at least 14 wins.

On a side note, HM Chiesa is a beast. Only issue is the position change for me. But it does mean Muriel is back in the lineup again. Playing him LAM, Chiesa RAM, and Di Natale CAM, behind HM Lautaro.

Also packed HM Benzema, HM David, HM Bonucci from WL rewards, which along with the fodder I sold and the TOTW pack discards earned me about 300k this week. Very happy with that
How does gaming mode help?

Frank White

How does gaming mode help?
I had it too when I got a new Samsung TV years ago, it's like playing with crazy input delay. Luckily for me I knew quite quick something was off, like i would turn on COD and the delay was probably a whole second behind. Your TV probably auto adjusts but certain Samsung TV don't 6 series did but then my 7 didn't, it's weird.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I had it too when I got a new Samsung TV years ago, it's like playing with crazy input delay. Luckily for me I knew quite quick something was off, like i would turn on COD and the delay was probably a whole second behind. Your TV probably auto adjusts but certain Samsung TV don't 6 series did but then my 7 didn't, it's weird.
Ok thanks, I never knew that, I’ll have to try it when I play next. The input delay is infuriating at times. There’s literally no point playing the game.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
A couple months ago they had a repeatable SBC that guaranteed a rare gold player with 82+ passing - there are 76 base cards that meet that criteria but every TotY player should. I've got ~30 or so that I've saved since then - will report the results!
So just to follow up here - wound up saving about 200 packs in total, pulled 3 TotYs (plus Cancelo from a 3x 85+ defender pack). For the 82+ passing pack, it looked like this:

Would say this was overall far superior to the Ligue 1 Premium pack and thus worth saving:

Time to grind more upgrades, but for next year if they keep up the headliners promo the passing packs seem to be very much worth hoarding - perhaps I was just lucky but definitely no regrets!

AaronRedDevil

Feel like I’ve done all I can with UT. Have the best squad ive ever had and there’s nothing I can do to make it better or want to change a single player. However I’d love to replace Wildcard Daka with 88 Rooney. It’s something I’m striving for at the moment. Also anyone know a good 4 at the back formation for attacking. Tried 4231 with the 3 cams and it was shit and boring.

Paxi

So just to follow up here - wound up saving about 200 packs in total, pulled 3 TotYs (plus Cancelo from a 3x 85+ defender pack). For the 82+ passing pack, it looked like this:

Would say this was overall far superior to the Ligue 1 Premium pack and thus worth saving:

Time to grind more upgrades, but for next year if they keep up the headliners promo the passing packs seem to be very much worth hoarding - perhaps I was just lucky but definitely no regrets!
fecking hell that’s some dedication mate. I think I’m putting the work in when I’m buying PL bronze players for 1400 coins and listing them for 4000 until the prices jump up — which they do eventually.

I buy coins of this dude whose extra safe and always done in about 30 minutes. There is absolutely no point in buying packs like, unless you’ve too much money or worse…

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Feel like I’ve done all I can with UT. Have the best squad ive ever had and there’s nothing I can do to make it better or want to change a single player. However I’d love to replace Wildcard Daka with 88 Rooney. It’s something I’m striving for at the moment. Also anyone know a good 4 at the back formation for attacking. Tried 4231 with the 3 cams and it was shit and boring.
I've been using the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow a lot this year. I feel like it's far more attacking as long as the two wider CMs have high attacking workrates - usually I find myself with an extra option around the box to a greater extent than I did when using a double pivot.

Paxi

Alright mate, have you tried buying coins. I constantly see you saying you’ve opened x amount of packs to little rewards. Honestly Prime Rooney is about 60 quid or so..

AaronRedDevil

I've been using the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow a lot this year. I feel like it's far more attacking as long as the two wider CMs have high attacking workrates - usually I find myself with an extra option around the box to a greater extent than I did when using a double pivot.
I was looking at that one but with the wingers. But I’ll try the cms version first.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
fecking hell that’s some dedication mate. I think I’m putting the work in when I’m buying PL bronze players for 1400 coins and listing them for 4000 until the prices jump up — which they do eventually.

I buy coins of this dude whose extra safe and always done in about 30 minutes. There is absolutely no point in buying packs like, unless you’ve too much money or worse…
Hah in my day job I do a lot of stuff with healthcare data so it was pretty natural to log this - mostly I did it because one of my close mates kept telling me how stupid I was for saving those packs despite all the math suggesting it'd be worthwhile!

Paxi

I use the 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 formation. With Vida, Rio and Darmian at the back. Darmain offers some respite from pace perspective but still it’s pretty much suicidal.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
10-1 so far, the game I lost I was leading 3-0. He had TOTY Chiesa, Cancelo and Jorginho upfront. They were undefendable, especially the latter 2. Frustrated.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I was looking at that one but with the wingers. But I’ll try the cms version first.
Having wide CMs who are high/high is ideal I think - there are quite a few decent looking CM cards that wind up being a bit shit because they are medium/medium, so they just sort of loaf around the centre and don't really do anything.

AaronRedDevil

Alright mate, have you tried buying coins. I constantly see you saying you’ve opened x amount of packs to little rewards. Honestly Prime Rooney is about 60 quid or so..
I’ve gathered 485k coins so far. My luck has been decent the last week, 10 20k here and there. Need at least 550k or maybe a lot less to get him. I’ll grind squad battles, Rivals and WL for a week and might have enough to buy him. Hope he’s good. Don’t buying coins get you banned?

AaronRedDevil

Having wide CMs who are high/high is ideal I think - there are quite a few decent looking CM cards that wind up being a bit shit because they are medium/medium, so they just sort of loaf around the centre and don't really do anything.
Yeah hate the M/M players, just never where they need to be. Maybe Fred and Kante.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I use the 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 formation. With Vida, Rio and Darmian at the back. Darmain offers some respite from pace perspective but still it’s pretty much suicidal.
Hah that's awesome! Frankly I'm not bold enough to go with 3 at the back - I fall firmly in the meta cnut category

Paxi

Hah in my day job I do a lot of stuff with healthcare data so it was pretty natural to log this - mostly I did it because one of my close mates kept telling me how stupid I was for saving those packs despite all the math suggesting it'd be worthwhile!
It has pros and cons. Pro’s are definitely in favour packing a cracking card but personally I just couldn’t be at that — I just want to open some packs seeing as I don’t spend money on actual packs anymore. It’s also a bit of an arms race, the cards just keep getting upgraded and upgraded but really you could play with a gold team and still enjoy the game potentially so I guess I don’t care about cards unless it was a card like Rooney, Ramos end of era cards or Varane flash back just released. I could easily just play with pure dirt if I’m honest. When I’m on it — I enjoy all the players but when I’m not playing well the better players I have the worse I feel.

Paxi

I’ve gathered 485k coins so far. My luck has been decent the last week, 10 20k here and there. Need at least 550k or maybe a lot less to get him. I’ll grind squad battles, Rivals and WL for a week and might have enough to buy him. Hope he’s good. Don’t buying coins get you banned?
No mate you don’t get banned. I can get you the guys details if you want. He logs into your account after you have payed him via pay pal and he loads up your account with however coins you’ve requested. I mean I’ve bought maybe 3-4 million over the past year. About a million this year and probably about 3 last year when the price dropped. It’s currently 10 euro for 100k. So you need 30 euro for prime Rooney. Personally I appreciate the grind with the SB, Rivals et al but I haven’t got the time and feck EA first and foremost so I just buy coins. You definitely don’t get banned if you go to Reddit and read reviews about guys and how long they’ve been selling coins for.

PS.Sorry for not formatting my post — I’m pished.

Paxi

Hah that's awesome! Frankly I'm not bold enough to go with 3 at the back - I fall firmly in the meta cnut category
It’s funny that I’m never feeling like I’ve been outclassed among my division (1) when I play that formation. It doesn’t feel like I’m on the edge or anything despite having slow, not very agile defenders (by today’s standards). It’s more that I don’t even how to do a ball roll and I’m comfortably in division 1. Get about 10-12 wins in WL and I have very rudimentary grasp of controls.

Paxi

Oh and prime Cech is by far and way the best goalkeeper I’ve used thus far — he’s absolutely ridiculous.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It has pros and cons. Pro’s are definitely in favour packing a cracking card but personally I just couldn’t be at that — I just want to open some packs seeing as I don’t spend money on actual packs anymore. It’s also a bit of an arms race, the cards just keep getting upgraded and upgraded but really you could play with a gold team and still enjoy the game potentially so I guess I don’t care about cards unless it was a card like Rooney, Ramos end of era cards or Varane flash back just released. I could easily just play with pure dirt if I’m honest. When I’m on it — I enjoy all the players but when I’m not playing well the better players I have the worse I feel.
It’s funny that I’m never feeling like I’ve been outclassed among my division (1) when I play that formation. It doesn’t feel like I’m on the edge or anything despite having slow, not very agile defenders (by today’s standards). It’s more that I don’t even how to do a ball roll and I’m comfortably in division 1. Get about 10-12 wins in WL and I have very rudimentary grasp of controls.
Yep can definitely understand where you're coming from! I suppose I've always been someone who appreciates delayed gratification even as a small child - eating all the peas first so as to relish the steak and chips, for instance! I've always hoarded packs for TotY - this year though I went a bit all out since I was quite happy with my team.

I think I might have to give 3-5-2 a go! In FIFA 19 I did something quite similar by playing 41212 with fullbacks on get forward - might give that a whirl and see how it goes!

AaronRedDevil

No mate you don’t get banned. I can get you the guys details if you want. He logs into your account after you have payed him via pay pal and he loads up your account with however coins you’ve requested. I mean I’ve bought maybe 3-4 million over the past year. About a million this year and probably about 3 last year when the price dropped. It’s currently 10 euro for 100k. So you need 30 euro for prime Rooney. Personally I appreciate the grind with the SB, Rivals et al but I haven’t got the time and feck EA first and foremost so I just buy coins. You definitely don’t get banned if you go to Reddit and read reviews about guys and how long they’ve been selling coins for.

PS.Sorry for not formatting my post — I’m pished.
Huh that's good to know. Maybe next fifa I'll check that out. Would be a feck load cheaper. Especially with the amount you spend comes nowhere close. To buying coins. Buying coins seem far cheaper

Paxi

Yep can definitely understand where you're coming from! I suppose I've always been someone who appreciates delayed gratification even as a small child - eating all the peas first so as to relish the steak and chips, for instance! I've always hoarded packs for TotY - this year though I went a bit all out since I was quite happy with my team.

I think I might have to give 3-5-2 a go! In FIFA 19 I did something quite similar by playing 41212 with fullbacks on get forward - might give that a whirl and see how it goes!
You’re going to love 3-5-2 if you use 4-1-2-1-2. Its basically the same except your deepest cdm becomes a CB and your full backs are constantly stretching the play. You’re going to want the best attacking full backs in the game though as you’ll realise how wholly inadequate 99% of full backs are in this game.

Though that that kind of how it is in real football as well though. How far do some midfielders drop when there is an attacking phase of play?

What do you play on mate? I could add you if you want lad.

Paxi

Huh that's good to know. Maybe next fifa I'll check that out. Would be a feck load cheaper. Especially with the amount you spend comes nowhere close. To buying coins. Buying coins seem far cheaper
That’s the thing. This market has been the lowest since fifa 16 I think. Next year for all we know — well have crazy prices.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
17 wins again and I didnt pack any team of the year or even an honourable mention. This is tough.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
You’re going to love 3-5-2 if you use 4-1-2-1-2. Its basically the same except your deepest cdm becomes a CB and your full backs are constantly stretching the play. You’re going to want the best attacking full backs in the game though as you’ll realise how wholly inadequate 99% of full backs are in this game.

Though that that kind of how it is in real football as well though. How far do some midfielders drop when there is an attacking phase of play?

What do you play on mate? I could add you if you want lad.
17 wins again and I didnt pack any team of the year or even an honourable mention. This is tough.
Suffering for the first weekend in a long time. Bad lag and horrendous gameplay has made me question my tactics. Can i bother you guys for yours? In particular the 352 from @Paxi and whatever you are running @AjaxCunian?

Paxi

Suffering for the first weekend in a long time. Bad lag and horrendous gameplay has made me question my tactics. Can i bother you guys for yours? In particular the 352 from @Paxi and whatever you are running @AjaxCunian?
I have the wide player on come short as I always prefer to have players open for a pass. I started off by having two mids on on staying back but I think there is more joy to be found if you have Kante playing there with h/h work rates. Having Kante/CL Fred would be amazing — so long as you’re okay without 4 star this 5 star that. Personally, I don’t pay much attention to it unless it’s my strikers.

Nanook

Why do bronze players go up? I’ve got 200k I’m doing nothing with. Is it worth buying a load of pl bronze and waiting for them to go up?