Gaming FIFA 23

Ted Lasso

Yes the hype is ridiculous but very risky I think bernardo was around a million then they went out and he lost about 600k almost immediately.

I actually like using Griezman though he's brilliant in game so it would be hard to sell him even with the huge profit.
Well sheeeet. Looks like we're getting that 5* skills upgrade. Exciting final matchup. Will be one heck of a card if France win it. If not, could we see Griezman drop to sub 1mil?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Well sheeeet. Looks like we're getting that 5* skills upgrade. Exciting final matchup. Will be one heck of a card if France win it. If not, could we see Griezman drop to sub 1mil?
Yeah, I've still not sold him. Could've sold him for 1.8 in the hype but I actually enjoy using him so thought I'd keep him. I don't think he will ever drop under a million. Hes just too good. His similar to prime Cruyff their in game stats are almost identical.

Ted Lasso

Yeah, I've still not sold him. Could've sold him for 1.8 in the hype but I actually enjoy using him so thought I'd keep him. I don't think he will ever drop under a million. Hes just too good. His similar to prime Cruyff their in game stats are almost identical.
I was planning to sell leading to the hype for the final and that has kind of backfired. Looks like everyone was looking to take their profits and he's dropped back to 1.4. i wound up selling today after seeing leaks of a particular flashback card coming that fits my fancy and brings my team chem to 33... Griezman was running on no chem out of position on the LW

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Used to always be solid on FIFA but I’m absolutely atrocious on this one. Stuck in division 5 in rivals.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£35 on PS store at the moment for PS5 version.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Used to always be solid on FIFA but I’m absolutely atrocious on this one. Stuck in division 5 in rivals.
They have definitely changed the amount of players per division. I was hitting elite and div 1 comfortably last year and now i hang around div 3 and 2 (by the end of the season). I could probably get into div 1 if i played rivals all the time but I don't.

Ted Lasso

The swaps grind from the World Cup and Winter Wonderland has been so rewarding with some of these SBCs. 83+ x25 packs basically complete them for free.

Schweinsteiger
Van Persie
Flashback Ronaldo
Cafu

And now Maldini. Considering you could do Jarzinho Puyol Stoichkov flashback Messi instead that's one heck of a fun spine of a team to build around.

Carlsen19

Blood, sweat and tears but finally did Jairzinho and I’m back to winning ways. He’s insane.

iammemphis

Blood, sweat and tears but finally did Jairzinho and I’m back to winning ways. He’s insane.
I had saved up so much fodder from world cup swaps and sbc's that i was able to do him straight off and have fodder left over. But you're right, he's insane. Made the game so much more enjoyable and I'm back to having a really good team again it feels like.

Hoof the ball

This FIFA thread. Same every year. 95% boring shite posts about packs.

Anyone got any videos of any sweet goals they scored? Feel there's only so far you can go with, "I got X TOTW player"

dove

Anyone got any videos of any sweet goals they scored? Feel there's only so far you can go with, "I got X TOTW player"
No surprise knowing that the actual gameplay is the worst part of the game. It's just a pack opening simulator.

Ted Lasso

I've got some terrific goals saved. You can actually play some really good football.

Is there some genuine interest to watch that stuff from others?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The midfield I've got from the world cup has been a huge gamechanger for me.

I was reasonably good anyway but Bruno G, Enzo and Pedri has me competing hard for rank 3 (usually get rank 5). The technical brilliance plus all three having high/high workrate means I'm dominating all games bar the one's vs the freaks.

AaronRedDevil

I got a 87 Rivaldo in the Base Icon Players Pick in the new SBC. Choice was between Viera, Cannavaro or Rivaldo. Since I already had Viera. It Had to be him. Cannavaro was very tempting. Had loads of fodder and traded 2 Wildcards for the 87 Trippier. Easy sbc for once.

Ted Lasso

I got a 87 Rivaldo in the Base Icon Players Pick in the new SBC. Choice was between Viera, Cannavaro or Rivaldo. Since I already had Viera. It Had to be him. Cannavaro was very tempting. Had loads of fodder and traded 2 Wildcards for the 87 Trippier. Easy sbc for once.
That's a terrific set to pick from!

I just did mine and am over the moon...
Gerrard., Van Basten and Eric feckin Cantona! Obvious choose :)

Ted Lasso

No rage vids hah but here are some goals shoved together with the default video editor on the console. Prob should turn off the volume too as I added some stock music to drown out the copyrighted FIFA tracks:

AaronRedDevil

@AaronRedDevil @Ted Lasso mine was between Beckham, Makelele and Barnes ffs, never get any luck with stuff like that.
damn, unlucky there. First time I’ve ever gotten a good card out of the player picks. I was very surprised I actually got a good one. This fifa has been the first where I’ve gotten good cards in packs. Who did you take out of those picks.

AaronRedDevil

That's a terrific set to pick from!

I just did mine and am over the moon...
Gerrard., Van Basten and Eric feckin Cantona! Obvious choose :)
Cantona? Really nice. Now I just need to find out how to use Rivaldo since I really like my team as it is.

iammemphis

Got to 14 wins with a game to spare with this last night. I normally get 11 wins with 3/4 left so was good to finally do it. Was getting matched with players matching my ability for once so was able to do it. Also my 14th win was a free one but i took the guy previous to that to 120mins so it was gonna be close.

Anyway, what's everyone else's teams like? My entire team is untradeable. Al-Owairan came from about 60 packs i was saving end of November and opened them all the moment the WC heroes came out, so i was buzzing. Jairzinho is my favourite though now, he's unreal.

This is how i play in game, 4312.

Ted Lasso

@AaronRedDevil @Ted Lasso mine was between Beckham, Makelele and Barnes ffs, never get any luck with stuff like that.
Might not be going for a lot of coins now but Beckham's quite decent.

Cantona? Really nice. Now I just need to find out how to use Rivaldo since I really like my team as it is.
Feel like I've earned it after my previous icon sbcs being base Gerrard, Xavi and Shearer (I've shamelessly put all but Xavi into other SBCs). I also wonder if my luck is better closer to when I've bought fifa points.

I'd imagine Rivaldo would do well as a cam. I feel like the H/L works really well in that role.

Carlsen19

damn, unlucky there. First time I’ve ever gotten a good card out of the player picks. I was very surprised I actually got a good one. This fifa has been the first where I’ve gotten good cards in packs. Who did you take out of those picks.
Beckham is who I ended up taking @Ted Lasso . Surprised when I saw he was still 160k on the market. He’s alright but will probably get thrown into an SBC before long!

iammemphis

VVD, KDB, and Mo are my only tradeables. Pulled Varane out of the small gold players pack we got yesterday for the Winter Wildcard Challenge. Insane Luck. World Cup Kane is an absolute baller 58 Games Played, 115 Goals
Suprised you're playing with Haaland, unless he's been improved. I couldn't pass, dribble or do anything with the IF version i had of him :lol:. Solid though, Varane is very nice, was looking and wishing i had him. I have two WW packs to open soon from objectives so while id like him i actually want Kante the most after trying his loan.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Suprised you're playing with Haaland, unless he's been improved. I couldn't pass, dribble or do anything with the IF version i had of him :lol:. Solid though, Varane is very nice, was looking and wishing i had him. I have two WW packs to open soon from objectives so while id like him i actually want Kante the most after trying his loan.
Haaland is excellent at getting on the end of lofted or ground through balls. Apart from that he's a bit naff. I just don't have anyone else who can do the job. I've got my eye on the WW Sancho, but I'm about 100k coins off of him. Hoping todays Winter Wildcard player pick is lucky for me

Meller

Packed WW Mendy from the daily login pack today, couldn't have hoped for much better to be honest!

Ted Lasso

Anyway, what's everyone else's teams like?
That's a terrific squad especially considering it's untradable. I'm one shy of all untradable - Zidane...funded by the insane price swing of Griezman PTG who I picked up when he was under half a mil and held til the Morocco game.

iammemphis

That's a terrific squad especially considering it's untradable. I'm one shy of all untradable - Zidane...funded by the insane price swing of Griezman PTG who I picked up when he was under half a mil and held til the Morocco game.

Very nice team, some great pulls. I just completed Maldini last night as i had a couple of untrade dupe Kroos to get rid of and i liked his loan card. What dyu think of him? I put an architect on him purely for the 94 strength :lol:. Marquinos was good, I didn't really need to upgrade him but i fancied a change.

Frank White

Very nice team, some great pulls. I just completed Maldini last night as i had a couple of untrade dupe Kroos to get rid of and i liked his loan card. What dyu think of him? I put an architect on him purely for the 94 strength :lol:. Marquinos was good, I didn't really need to upgrade him but i fancied a change.
Maldini has been class for me but I've not played for a while and got demoted a few divisions from the reset so will give him a run out in WL this week. Kind of annoyed though started him by doing his 87 squad 1st then they released Bailly who fit my team better for chem and he's actually elite too, then they released the icon pick and you'll never guess who was one of my picks? By that time i only needed the silver squad :lol:

Ted Lasso

Well sheeeet...Zidane leaked to be coming as an SBC. Think I'm gonna take a small loss and sell him to get him first owner.

Maldini is terrific. Gold Van Dijk is still the best CB but baby Maldini comes in right after. I tried him at basic and didn't find a major strength issue so went with Anchor to boost some aggression and aggressivenes. Plus the added defensive stats become almost perfect. This duo will last me til the end game unless I pack Lucio hah

@Frank White that's kind of hilarious in a dark way. Guessing the other icon options in the pick weren't worthwhile

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
What have they done to this game :lol:

It's so broken. Just playing standard seasons and it's changed so much after a 2 week break. Donnarumma and Courtois are stupidly OP too.

Frank White

Well sheeeet...Zidane leaked to be coming as an SBC. Think I'm gonna take a small loss and sell him to get him first owner.

Maldini is terrific. Gold Van Dijk is still the best CB but baby Maldini comes in right after. I tried him at basic and didn't find a major strength issue so went with Anchor to boost some aggression and aggressivenes. Plus the added defensive stats become almost perfect. This duo will last me til the end game unless I pack Lucio hah

@Frank White that's kind of hilarious in a dark way. Guessing the other icon options in the pick weren't worthwhile
Other options where Yashin and Socrates, took Yashin because he'll get game time and my only non special card was my keeper so wasn't too bad. Also IF Mbappe is stupidly broken he's one of the only cards where if you're through one on one the CB won't catch him and he's has weird animations that make him glitch past people.

Carlsen19

Lost about 15 games in a row in rivals don’t know what’s happened. What formation/tactics you guys using?

Frank White

Lost about 15 games in a row in rivals don’t know what’s happened. What formation/tactics you guys using?
What's your team like? Been playing 442 and it's been good for me was running LB and RB stay back and both strikers stay forward, get in behind but played just neutral tactics for my qualifiers and actually preferred it. I like how my LM and RM actually got involved with the attacks, would recommend good fullbacks though as they tend to get involved with the attack too.

Carlsen19

What's your team like? Been playing 442 and it's been good for me was running LB and RB stay back and both strikers stay forward, get in behind but played just neutral tactics for my qualifiers and actually preferred it. I like how my LM and RM actually got involved with the attacks, would recommend good fullbacks though as they tend to get involved with the attack too.
https://ibb.co/MDQJM0d

Not sure how to embed but that's it ^. Keep switching between formations, can't settle on one.