Gaming FIFA 23

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
anyone been playing the golden goal WC Swaps for the . Really enjoying it. Proper smash and grab football. I reckon I'm on about 60:40 W:L

Gonna be interesting trying to do the Iran and Qatar ones with 6 of your squad having to come from there

acnumber9

anyone been playing the golden goal WC Swaps for the . Really enjoying it. Proper smash and grab football. I reckon I'm on about 60:40 W:L

Gonna be interesting trying to do the Iran and Qatar ones with 6 of your squad having to come from there
Just sub five of them off.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

I’ve completed it yesterday, just worked my way down the list top to bottom it only took a couple of hours which wasn’t bad at all. Iran gave me an issue but Qatar was quick. If you got full press from kick off it’s much easier to get through games.

I also packed path to glory Frenkie De jong and path to glory Araujo yesterday too, all round good few hours of fifa for me.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
How does the world cup mode have only 2 stadiums and squads that are literally 4 years out of date and can't even be edited.

It's like they're just taking the piss on purpose at this point. How hard is it to just update the squads? It'd take one person one afternoon.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How does the world cup mode have only 2 stadiums and squads that are literally 4 years out of date and can't even be edited.

It's like they're just taking the piss on purpose at this point. How hard is it to just update the squads? It'd take one person one afternoon.
I don’t think they really care about anything other than FUT at this point.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don’t think they really care about anything other than FUT at this point.
Well they should because this game is a pile of complete horseshit. Honestly think it's the worst game I've ever spent money on.

The gameplay is still completely fecked both on single and online play. Just run in a straight line with any remotely fast player.

Thing is as well why even bother having a full world cup mode if you're going to make such a pathetically half arsed token gesture of it. Why go through the effort of bringing all 32 new kits etc. Into the game if at the same time you can't be bothered to update the squads. You can pick lingard for England but not Rashford or Maddison. Exactly how out of date is this?

AaronRedDevil

About the FSG Swap objective. What exactly am I supposed to do? I'm lost with this one, I'm not very tech savvy. My ea account is linked with Twitch and YouTube. But still no to unlock the FSG Swaps in the milestones objective

Ted Lasso

About the FSG Swap objective. What exactly am I supposed to do? I'm lost with this one, I'm not very tech savvy. My ea account is linked with Twitch and YouTube. But still no to unlock the FSG Swaps in the milestones objective
You have to watch an hour of an event , which is typically on Mondays. And then log into twitch later in the day to claim the token.

Emphasis on the last part. Watched two events and was wondering where the tokens were. And you only have a small window to claim them which seems silly.

AaronRedDevil

You have to watch an hour of an event , which is typically on Mondays. And then log into twitch later in the day to claim the token.

Emphasis on the last part. Watched two events and was wondering where the tokens were. And you only have a small window to claim them which seems silly.
That’s so stupid. Who the feck has time for that. Hopefully I can go without it. Need that Veira player.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Struggled through the Qatar WC swaps objective. Not helped by the fact my entire back line and my wings were Qatari. Only Iran and Senegal to go. Whenever I come up against someone doing Qatar I score an own goal now. Help them out like

Eddy_JukeZ

It's pretty much a gap year for them. Don't think much effort has been put into the game modes across the board.

I wouldn't be surprised if their next title(without FIFA in the name) has massive changes.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's pretty much a gap year for them. Don't think much effort has been put into the game modes across the board.

I wouldn't be surprised if their next title(without FIFA in the name) has massive changes.
I would be very surprised as their games literally never have massive changes, but I don't think having actual world cup squads, in the specially created world cup mode, is actually a very big ask. Or at least, you know, squads that aren't about 4 years out of date...or even just let users edit them or have them update interactively like you can in every other mode. Seems like actually it would be more effort to feck this up than to just get it right?

And the thing they've done with the pace setting between forwards and defenders, and the stupid zoom camera shot. I get that they aren't that interested in simulating real football anymore, but if I wanted some kind of mortal combat style football parody game, I would play rocket league.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can anyone explain why there's a bald darwin nunez now? He looks like a WWE default wrestler

Eddy_JukeZ

I would be very surprised as their games literally never have massive changes, but I don't think having actual world cup squads, in the specially created world cup mode, is actually a very big ask. Or at least, you know, squads that aren't about 4 years out of date...or even just let users edit them or have them update interactively like you can in every other mode. Seems like actually it would be more effort to feck this up than to just get it right?

And the thing they've done with the pace setting between forwards and defenders, and the stupid zoom camera shot. I get that they aren't that interested in simulating real football anymore, but if I wanted some kind of mortal combat style football parody game, I would play rocket league.
There's been games with a good amount of changes before from EA.

16 > 17 was a pretty big change.

You can get rid of the zoom in effect for the power shot in settings(it should be off by default though).

Meller

Gameplay tonight was woeful, don't know what happened. Had to turn it off after 2 games.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
My team is looking way better on paper, without spending real world money.

Sunday morning Squad Battle rewards saw me pick up a tradeable Smolarek. He was good, but wasted on my skill levels, so I sold him. Instant 480K as he is currently being sniped.

I'm just concentrating on completing SBCs and the 84+ x20 pack was kind to me too.

Rivals wise, I've managed to get up to League 6. Not sure how the rivals championship works, but this weekend I hadn't qualified. But I did play about 30 games, and won about 25 of them. The most time I've invested in Fifa for years. But I'm actually enjoying it. Even enjoy the people who quit on me now. Means I can get more games in for less time.

Ted Lasso

Gameplay tonight was woeful, don't know what happened. Had to turn it off after 2 games.
Same issue. Hadn't played in a couple weeks and came back to this dogshite. Guessing its the pass which has supercharged speedsters. It's completely removed the nice balance that was there the last few months.

Frank White

Seems like they've already checked out of this iteration of FIFA. The SBC/OBJ content has been shite, gameplay the same and now the one mode where it's sort of rewarding (might be generous) has been ruined too. Have my 84x20 packs saved and will get the other one when more tokens become available but after that I'm going on a FIFA hiatus until TOTY.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is it worth getting this year? Wasn't going to bother but the black Friday deal on PS4 has given me a moment of weakness.

Meller

Just opened one of my 20x84+ and didn't get a single special card. 1 87, 2 86, 4 85 and the rest 84. My pack luck this year is a joke. Will save the other 2 packs for tomorrow but it's so annoying to never get a single decent pull.

Frank White

Just opened one of my 20x84+ and didn't get a single special card. 1 87, 2 86, 4 85 and the rest 84. My pack luck this year is a joke. Will save the other 2 packs for tomorrow but it's so annoying to never get a single decent pull.
Just did the same out of sheer boredom and ditto. Did pack Lewa and De Bruyne with a couple more 88, 87 etc... chucked my 84's in the IF sbc and got Trippier. Mad that we didn't get a single special considering how cheap they all are, you would think the drop weight would be pretty high.

Meller

Just did the same out of sheer boredom and ditto. Did pack Lewa and De Bruyne with a couple more 88, 87 etc... chucked my 84's in the IF sbc and got Trippier. Mad that we didn't get a single special considering how cheap they all are, you would think the drop weight would be pretty high.
Yeah I would have been happy with any special card as I never get them. I'm just happy I'm done with the grinding for a while and will stop playing the game now.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Did the World Cup hero SBC (3x88 players, 86 rated squad) got bloody Campos. After dumping his other card as he gets lobbed 5 times a match. Might have to play him as a striker.

probably my own fault as I put 4 keepers in the squad.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
How long before you get access to the transfer market on the app? Moved over to Xbox so effectively a brand new player, played around 4 games on FUT so far.

Frank White

Yeah I would have been happy with any special card as I never get them. I'm just happy I'm done with the grinding for a while and will stop playing the game now.
Just opened my other 2 packs got Corona and some mid tier fodder from one and 88 Trapp, 1 86 and the no lie about 15 84's. The pack weight is disgusting right now.

Meller

Just opened my other 2 packs got Corona and some mid tier fodder from one and 88 Trapp, 1 86 and the no lie about 15 84's. The pack weight is disgusting right now.
It really is. I did pack Modric in my last pack as well as IF Ben Yedder but those were the only special cards that I pulled. Didn't play any games yesterday but did a lot of SBCs and have some good fodder now at least, even after doing Morientes.

Ted Lasso

Anyone done the Flashback Messi SBC? Card design is awesome. Wish he had long hair but still looks a decent card from reviews. Tempted to do him instead of RvP.

Frank White

Anyone done the Flashback Messi SBC? Card design is awesome. Wish he had long hair but still looks a decent card from reviews. Tempted to do him instead of RvP.
Did him as he fit my team and would rather use my fodder on a card that actually gets into my team over gamble SBC's. Using him as either a wide CAM in 4222 or CCAM in the 4231 and he's been good so far even in the dog shite game play. The cards has improved on some of his base cards short coming at the expense of his shooting but honestly as long as LB with 60 shooting can bang in 20 yard trivella shots I'm OK with the shooting downgrade.

His left stick dribbling is top tier and the stam upgrade is huge. Him and Ribery are class so if you go against doing Messi can't recommend Ribery enough.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Took about 3 days for me

need to do a few trades etc on the xbox to get your credit rating up
Now been 4 days and still no access. Been buying and selling on the console, logging into the app every day and played about 25 games on rivals. Annoying.

Frank White

Done 2 84x20 every upgrade available including the 85x2 5 times and every flash SBC and my highest pull has been 88 Ruben Dias :lol: Love opening packs with a minimum rating and getting said rating every fecking time.... There's no way that they've lowered pack weight this weekend.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
This week my two mates between them have packed Zidane, Mbappe twice (one tradeable), Gullit and IF Neymar. I packed Lineker and John Barnes.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
I just completely fecked up. Using the app to do an SBC. Didn’t press the exclude active squad button. Went to clear the squad and pressed submit. An 87 rated squad for a William carvalho card and I don’t even play a CDM. Weeks of trading etc down the toilet :eek:

Meller

Well I usually doesn't pack anything but did the latest FSG challenge and packed baby Henry tradable. Checked his price and he's over 300k. Might keep him though as he's supposed to be good. He was of course behind a 75 rated Libertadores card so didn't get a walkout.

Frank White

Well I usually doesn't pack anything but did the latest FSG challenge and packed baby Henry tradable. Checked his price and he's over 300k. Might keep him though as he's supposed to be good. He was of course behind a 75 rated Libertadores card so didn't get a walkout.
Bane of my life, them and the red WC picks... Congrats on the pull seems my lucks turning too got Haaland from the daily login. Nothing huge but just happy to be getting anything better than the minimum rating.

Ted Lasso

Did him as he fit my team and would rather use my fodder on a card that actually gets into my team over gamble SBC's. Using him as either a wide CAM in 4222 or CCAM in the 4231 and he's been good so far even in the dog shite game play. The cards has improved on some of his base cards short coming at the expense of his shooting but honestly as long as LB with 60 shooting can bang in 20 yard trivella shots I'm OK with the shooting downgrade.

His left stick dribbling is top tier and the stam upgrade is huge. Him and Ribery are class so if you go against doing Messi can't recommend Ribery enough.
So I wound up deciding against Messi and going with Van Persie for sentimental reasons. That also freed up just enough of my extra players to be able to do both Schweinsteiger and the Icon pack. Wound up getting base Garrincha who has been phenomenal and plays a bit like I imagine Flashback Messi would.

As an aside, my goodness Schweiny is incredible!